homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Never Have I Ever (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Never Have I Ever
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This was a game we were playing here a few years ago. It's quite simple - post something that you've never done with the lead in "never have I ever...". The next person to post must have done the thing the previous poster hasn't done, and posts something they haven't done with the lead in "Never have I ever ...". Well, you get the idea. I'll start:

Never have I ever seen an episode of The X-Factor

[ 13. February 2013, 04:33: Message buggered about with by: Ariston ]

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have seen an episode of the X-Factor. Seen, I hasten to add, not watched. But...

Never have I ever jumped off a tall building

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord have mercy Smudgie, that's a hard one to meet. Does a tall diving board count?

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
Lord have mercy Smudgie, that's a hard one to meet. Does a tall diving board count?

I was thinking abseiling or bungee jumping actually....

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I abseiled from the Euromast in Rotterdam. It's not exactly jumping, but I hope it's close enough.

Never have I had a broken bone.

Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have - but it was only a little toe (stubbed on a stone on the beach of Iona)

I have never played football

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a broken chicken leg in my freezer right now.

However, never have I ever shoplifted.

[ 19. November 2012, 15:41: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have lifted the toy shop which my boys used to play with.

And I have still never played football.

[Biased]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have and I hated it. It's a crap game.

Never have I ever been to Spain

--------------------

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been to Minorca and Catalonia.

Never have I ever eaten truffle (the fungi)

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Delicious!

Never have I ever smoked a cigarette.

--------------------
Pondering.

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

I did, sadly, from age 8 to 28, but haven't touched one since [Smile]

I have never driven over 110mph

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

pjl
Shipmate
# 16929

- Posted      Profile for pjl   Email pjl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I used to drive my ford cortina gt well over 110 mph on the M6

But I have never ever eaten a pizza

Posts: 576 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had a shrimp and cheese pizza Saturday evening- Yum!

But I have never gone to a "rave" party.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I haven't gone to a rave party, but once some kind of Love Parade has passed in front of my house.

Never ever have I paid for sex.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If winding up with a house full of teenagers a decade-and-a-half later qualifies, then I guess I have paid the price.

But never have I ever owned a purebred or deseigner doggie.

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a doggie draft excluder. Not purebreed, but definitely designed (in a fetching grey tweed).

Never Have I Ever Been Skiing

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have been skiing, once and I hated it!

but

Never have I ever been water skiing

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

I have - nearly pulled my arms off!

I have never been a CofE bishop.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Tricky one, Boogie. Are you trying to force somebody's hand?)
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
I have - nearly pulled my arms off!

I have never been a CofE bishop.

Do themed parties count?

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How about St. Nicholas, aka Santa Claus in his current manifestation? Not CoE but definitely bishop.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Ćbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I reckon anyone making a good enough case for an answer gets it. So will it be Sioni or Jacobsen who comes up with the next 'Never have I ever'?

Oh, and usually we have a 24 hour rule if nobody can come up with an answer, in which case it's then up to the next poster after the deadline to pose the next 'Never have I ever'.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have never met a C of E bishop, though I do have one as a Facebook friend and I once met Lord Runcie at my old church before I swam the Tiber to become RC. Does that count?

I have never gone more than 112 MPH in a passenger car, though I may have gone faster on a motorcycle.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

I may have gone faster than 112mph on a motorcycle, but as it was an MZ150 with a broken speedo (amongst other parts) in the field behind my brother's house I rather doubt it.

Never have I ever been to Iceland*

*Note for UK Shipmates; the frozen food supermarket does not count!

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This will be a good a time as any to remind people that the trick in this game is to post something that it is quite possible that some people on the ship have done i.e. not 'Never ever have I been to Jupiter' or some such.
Chorister, Host

Now, back to that trip to (the country) Iceland....

--------------------

Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
I may have gone faster than 112mph on a motorcycle, but as it was an MZ150 with a broken speedo (amongst other parts) in the field behind my brother's house I rather doubt it.

Never have I ever been to Iceland*

*Note for UK Shipmates; the frozen food supermarket does not count!

I have been to Iceland, but never have I watched a James Bond film without getting bored and wandering off or changing the channel.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I watched one James Bond film (Goldfinger, IIRC) about forty years ago and watched till the end.

But never have I ever been to Burma.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been on the border between Thailand and Burma.

We were in a bamboo hut on the shores of a magnificent lake in the middle of the rain forest. We were all set for a beautiful, quiet night ...

... when at 2am, suddenly a Japanese karaoke boat arrived on the lake, with people singing extemely loud and very out of tune [brick wall]

Never ever have I enjoyed listening to karaoke

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

I have, but only once. It was at a party with a lot of singing friends, so it was one of those extremely rare occasions when the karaoke was being performed by people who can actually sing.

Never have I ever ridden in a helicopter

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Years ago I went for a ride in a helicopter as a treat on my 18th birthday!

But never have I ever been scuba diving.

[ 22. November 2012, 07:12: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's been over 24 hours...

I've never been scuba diving, but I snorkeled in Hawaii.

But never have I ever seen "Casa Blanca."

[ 23. November 2012, 14:47: Message edited by: Pigwidgeon ]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have watched that movie several times, although not as often as I have watched "Elmer Gantry."

But never have I ever hiked in the Grand Canyon - yet.

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

I have, I have - and you must!

I have never ridden a bike across the USA.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I haven't, but have a good friend who has--San Francisico to Boston in six weeks, averaging 80-90 miles per day. I saw him en route.

Don't know if this counts...will let more time elapse for bona fide bike riders to show up!

--------------------
Pondering.

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It would have counted, but I've ridden the 50 States!

However, I've never read anything by Marquez

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One Hundred Years of Solitude. I recommend it!

But, never have I ever shaved my head.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

This fun game is sliding down the page....has NOBODY ever shaved his or her head??!!

--------------------
Pondering.

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

*Reminder.*

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:

Oh, and usually we have a 24 hour rule if nobody can come up with an answer, in which case it's then up to the next poster after the deadline to pose the next 'Never have I ever'.

--------------------

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well I shaved my head, but I grew out of that phase.

Never have I ever baked a souffle.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can't claim to have mastered the art of a good souffle, but I think I can be said to have achieved entry-level "have baked" status.

Now let's see if I can not kill the thread by confessing that I have never put up dry wall.

[ 01. December 2012, 13:52: Message edited by: Hart ]

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

I have helped to put up a dry stone wall on my brother's farm.

But I have never been scuba diving.

(And would love to!)

[ 01. December 2012, 15:55: Message edited by: Boogie ]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have been scuba diving, but sadly only training in a junior swimming baths. Not many tropical fish there [Frown]

But never have I ever gone fishing

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Never gone fishing? Oh my! I have gone fishing but never have I ever...

been to the opera.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

I have been to the opera many, many times.

But never have I ever eaten sushi.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have eaten sushi, and don't care to do so again!

But never have I ever piloted a plane!
[Paranoid]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

I did once for about 10 minutes. I'd gone for a spin with a friend with a Private Pilot's Licence and he let me have a go.

Never have I ever voted for the losing candidate in a Parliamentary election

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am a member of the Green Party, so often vote for a person who doesn't win. Even if not the person with least votes. As there is only one winner, maybe this counts.

Never have I ever eaten an octopus. Nor, for that matter, would I want to, but each to their own.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have. Well not a whole octopus, but it was raw. Sushi octopus is, shall we say, chewy.

Now an 'easy' one...

Never have I ever owned a pair of jeans or a pair of trainers.

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I mostly live in jeans during the fall and winter.

But never have I spoken Swedish.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016