homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Fitness Race-January 2013 (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Fitness Race-January 2013
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sunday morning went for a thirty-five minute run (was going to be a bit less but I got to the park I wanted to run round and discovered it's closed for renovation. Boooooo.) Ran along the river instead.

Also thirty minutes walking.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
4 Jan: 45 minutes swimming
5 Jan: 50 minutes gym workout
6 Jan: 30 minutes high-speed walking
7 Jan: 45 minutes swimming

Running total: 4 hours 25 minutes if my adding up is correct...

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yesterday: 30 minutes on the bike after a few weeks off, taking hills waaaayyy too hard, 42 minutes walking; 1 hour, 12 minutes total.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sleepy, sooo sleepy. It has been a busy little weekend though, and I was giften some extra fitness minutes by a friend's car breaking down. The dancing was a bit odd in that the way we are taught to structure our lessons means that an individual dancer can cool down significantly in between exercises or dances. But there was an additional class sprung on us for Sunday, so that added another few minutes. I can really feel my calves now and walking down stairs is still not terribly enjoyable.

Friday, January 4th (cont)
10 mins walking home from work
2 mins vigorous pumping up of flatmate's bicycle tyres (to make up for being the lazy one and persuading her to go and fetch the takeaway on my bicycle)

Saturday, January 5th
150 mins dancing at teachers' class (out of the 4 hours we spent there - not sure if that is good use of the time, activity-wise)

Sunday, January 6th
60 mins dancing
25 mins walking to church
30 mins walking to town
30 mins of activity while checking out the sales etc
30 mins walking home from pub

Monday, January 7th (so far)
25 mins walking to work via the post office (because National Geographic had sent me a fleece that wouldn't fit through my letterbox - most peculiar)

Total for post: 362 minutes or 6 hours and 5 minutes
Running Total: 405 minutes or 6 hours and 45 minutes

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
January 7th: Last night after a party I walked a friend to the tram stop and back. That was ten minutes. Today I walked to the tram to get myself to the divine liturgy and afterwards walked home, treating myself to a Falafel burger at the vegan cafe. Walked for 55 minutes.

Total: 65 minutes.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
15 mins aerobics and 30 mins active housework.
Running total 420 mins.

[ 07. January 2013, 16:57: Message edited by: Heavenly Anarchist ]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

- Posted      Profile for blackbeard   Email blackbeard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today, thought it was about time I did a longish run. Turned out to include a fair amount of walking, possibly because I was a bit knackered to begin with! Anyway, mixture of running and walking, 2 h 24 minutes.
Posts: 823 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This cold has really knocked me on my backside. I managed 30 min on the treadmill today, for a whopping total of 1 h 20 min.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
69 minutes walking to and from home/station/work. So my running total is 324 minutes (or 5 hours 24 minutes)

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
2 hours walking.

I had a horrendous cold before and over Christmas which has failed to go away entirely, I'm still not feeling 100%. So I'm pretty proud I managed to force myself to go out for a walk rather than sit and sulk on the sofa. Couldn't face doing anything more strenuous though and even that tired me out. So tired of feeling unwell.

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
50 min

Walk to/from town; swimming this evening (to/from by taxi)

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
40 mins walking.
Running total 7 hours 5 mins.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Finally kicked Sandemaniac off my computer to do a catch-up post.

January 4th: 7 minutes walking from carpark to main site and back; about 45 minutes ringing that evening at my Friday tower. Total for day 52 minutes.

January 5th: 17 minutes bike home to town; 10 minutes walk to restaurant (after some leisurely shopping); 16 minutes cycling to parental abode; 15 minutes cycling home. Total of 58 minutes for the day. Not sure about counting the dancing later that night at a wedding anniversary party, as it wasn't overly strenuous...

January 6th: 10 minutes walking up to church; 15 minutes ringing; 10 minutes walking back. The rest of the day was housework, but not very active as I was mending things and helping put decorations away. Total for the day of 35 minutes.

January 7th: 30 minutes bike to work; 13 minutes getting to the pool; only 10 minutes swimming (wimped out after 8 lengths due to exhaustion); 20 minutes homewards. Total for today is 1 hour 13 minutes.

New running total 4 hours 27 minutes.

Yangtze, if you've still got a bad cold, then a 2 hour walk is pretty good going! Just keep on and encourage the cold to drop off somewhere on a walk. [Biased]

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
40 minutes pulling staples out of the stairs, in preparation for the new carpet that will arrive on Friday.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
moonfruit
Shipmate
# 15818

- Posted      Profile for moonfruit   Email moonfruit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
50-ish minutes of dog walking
10 minutes to the station

60 minutes for today

Total: 390 minutes.

--------------------
All I know is that you came and made beauty from my mess.

Posts: 180 | From: Just outside the M25 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
38 minutes of swimming today, so new total of 8 hours 10 minutes.

--------------------
Denial: a very effective coping mechanism

Posts: 1239 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mon. Jan. 7: 50 minutes walking.

I'm not doing very well at my New Year's resolution, but I'm also having a leg problem that often makes walking painful. Bah humbug.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Celtic Knotweed:

Yangtze, if you've still got a bad cold, then a 2 hour walk is pretty good going! Just keep on and encourage the cold to drop off somewhere on a walk. [Biased]

Oh the worst part of the cold is over - when that was happening I could barely make it round the block. Now I 'just' have a lingering cough, blocked ears and slightly swollen glands. And a general feeling of 'I've done three things today I can't possibly manage any more, where's the sofa'.

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
54 minutes of walking today.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1˝ hrs of walking into and around town today.

Running total = 270 minutes

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Went for a walk between school and PTA meeting tonight, and saw a gorgeous fawn and a fox. Walking total 80 minutes.

515 minutes overall total so far

(edited to make it make more sense!)

[ 08. January 2013, 00:55: Message edited by: Liberty ]

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yesterday I walked for 1 hour 10 minutes and moved furniture about (orchestra rehearsal in a school dining room - the tables have to go somewhere else) for 5 minutes.

--------------------

SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1 hr 45 min

Gym, plus walk to/from.

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
30 mins on school runs and 60 mins walking (including lugging a trolley and bag back from Waitrose).
Running total 510 mins

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Couple of boring days so not much to report.

Monday, January 7th (cont)
5 mins walking at lunchtime
10 mins walking home

Tuesday, January 8th (so far)
10 mins walking to work

Total for post: 30 minutes
Running Total: 435 minutes or 7 hours and 15 minutes

I think I'll have to go home the long way around...

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
90 mins walking, plus I climbed up to the fourth floor of a building, when I'd usually take the lift. The stairs were more of a challenge than they ought to be. [Hot and Hormonal]

Running total 8 hours 35 mins.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

- Posted      Profile for blackbeard   Email blackbeard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today 34 minutes running.
Posts: 823 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
84 minutes walking today. Running total 408 minutes (6 hours 48 minutes, I think).

--------------------
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A rather rubbish 20 mins today. Feeling extremely tired for some reason, so instead of a doing smething active I had a very satisfying mid afternoon nap. [Big Grin]

Running total: 290 minutes

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just 30 minutes today, walking into town and back at lunchtime.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry guys, I'll have updates for you tomorrow when I have my proper computer to hand. Meanwhile I did 65 mins yesterday and 85 mins today - pretty much all walking.
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
moonfruit
Shipmate
# 15818

- Posted      Profile for moonfruit   Email moonfruit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
60 minutes of walking today, running various errands.

Running total: 450 minutes.

--------------------
All I know is that you came and made beauty from my mess.

Posts: 180 | From: Just outside the M25 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Day 8: 60 mins walking. Nothing yesterday - dreaded lurgy thingy laid me low. [Frown]

Running total: 462 mins (I think!)

Thanks Jenn [Smile]

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
30 minutes on the cross-trainer today and 20 mins of walking, so new total of 9 hours, yay! That's 540 minutes, right?

--------------------

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just my (very short) commute today - 30 min walk.

So, 545 mins total

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
January 6 - 2 hours, 5 minutes walking to the library, mall and grocery store
January 7 - 1 hour, 35 minutes walking
January 8 - 1 hour, 20 minutes walking

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

1 hour, 7 minutes walking today.

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

1 hour 45 minutes walking yesterday.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

School runs 30 mins walking, aerobics 20 mins

Running total 560 mins

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK, a query - Jane R - you have two totals for Jan 4th and I'm confused. COuld you let me know what the total for that day should be please?

Also realised I hadn't posted anything for Sunday - only 20 mins that day for me

Here are the standings up to the end of Jan 8ths posts

1. Rosa Winkle 13h 25m
2. Meg the Red 13h
3: la vie en rouge 12h 30m
4: blackbeard 12h 29m
5. starbug 11h 11m
6. Ariston 9h 43m
7. Susan Doris 9h 20m
8. Liberty 9h 5m
9. Freelance Monotheist 9h
10. North East Quine 8h 35m
11. heavenly anarchist 8h 30m
12. harmony hope 7h 42m
13. moonfruit 7h 30m
14. To The Pain 7h 15m
15. Jenn R 6h 55m
16. Yangtze 6h 50m
17. Jack the Lass 6h 48m
18. teagnome 5h 09m
19. ArachnidinElmet 4h 50m
20. Angel Wrestler 4h 32m
21. Jane R 4h 31m
22. Celtic Knotweed 4h 27m
23. Smudgie 3h 30m
24. Comet 1h 55m
25. Scots Lass 1h 40m
26. Autenreith Road 1h 20m
27. Mamacita 1h 20m
28. Sir Kevin 25m

[ 09. January 2013, 13:21: Message edited by: Jenn. ]

Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

SOrry - those totals are up to la vie en rouge's last post. Any queries, just tell me and I'll recheck - I have almost certainly made errors [Smile]
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry, I forgot I'd already posted my total for January 4th, but on rechecking my figures it was wrong anyway - should have been 5 minutes jacks.

Here is my update for yesterday and today (and I'll try not to get confused again):

Jan 8: 30 minutes high-speed walking PLUS 50 minutes workout at gym
Jan 9: 10 minutes high-speed walking plus 2 minutes jacks

Previous total (adjusted): 4 hours 30 minutes

NEW TOTAL: 6 hours 2 minutes

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

I did walk home the long way around, but picked up shortbread as it was heavily reduced, thereby cancelling out the good effort. Tonight I shall gain a few minutes going in and out of town (hence the bicycle) to see a movie.

All in all it looks like I shall be relying on my weekends to up my activity quotient - pity I have a fairly lazy one planned this week.

Tuesday, January 8th (cont)
30 mins walking home from work via the shop

Wednesday, January 9th (so far)
5 mins cycling to work

Total for post: 40 minutes
Running Total: 475 minutes or 7 hours and 55 minutes

I think I'll have to go home the long way around... [/QB][/QUOTE]

--------------------

SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

35 min

Long way round walk to Tesco, taxi home.
Thanks, jenn, for keeping score.

--------------------

Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

for myself for today: 15 mins to college, 20 min walk at lunch, 15 mins home and then realised I'd lost my phone and spent 40 mins walking to college to find it and then to the shops with a friend. total 90 mins for the day.
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

30 minutes of walking again for me - across the park and back again at lunch time.

--------------------

Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

40 minutes of swimming today, so new total of 9 hours 40 minutes (580 minutes).

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

80 minutes walking today. New total is 488 minutes (or 8 hours 8 minutes, I think).

--------------------
wiblog blipfoto blog

Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for keeping track of everyone Jenn.

January 8th, just 1 hour 2 minutes commuting.

January 9th, 32 minutes getting to work. Discovered a puncture in the evening, so Sandemaniac brought the car over to get me home. I'm going to claim 10 minutes worth of hard work manoeuvring a bike in our hallway to fix a back puncture and pumping both tyres up afterwards. Interspersed with much cursing of broken glass in the road... Oh, and 2 minutes nipping over to the local shop. Total of 44 minutes for the day.

New running total 6 hours 13 minutes.

[Edit for grammar/spelling]

[ 09. January 2013, 20:21: Message edited by: Celtic Knotweed ]

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm dropping out: I am teaching school these days and most of these schools have no stairs so I am going on an Atkins Diet with my wife instead. Thanks for listening...

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016