homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » What is your favourite adult clean joke? (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: What is your favourite adult clean joke?
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ABV is the current Spurs joke. YMMV.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?
A drummer.

How many drummers does it take to change lightbulb?
None. They have a machine to do that now.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What do you call a drummer with no girlfriend?

Homeless.

Drummer goes into a music shop and browses for a while. Eventually he says: "I'd like the red trumpet and the white accordion". And the shop assistant says: "I'm sorry - I can't sell the fire extinguisher, and the radiator's bolted to the wall."

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just heard this one on National Public Radio's "Car Talk":

If quizzes are quizzical what are tests?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snags
Utterly socially unrealistic
# 15351

- Posted      Profile for Snags   Author's homepage   Email Snags   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What's the last thing Tickle-me Elmo gets before leaving the factory?

Test tickles.

--------------------
Vain witterings :-: Vain pretentions :-: The Dog's Blog(locks)

Posts: 1399 | From: just north of That London | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rogue:
ABV is the current Spurs joke. YMMV.

Hey ! We won today!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Q. What would you call Ghandi, knowing that he walked many miles on dusty roads without proper shoes, and his time on hunger strike left him weak; he hardly ever brushed his teeth.

A. A super-calloused, fragile mystic vexed with hallitosis.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A man travels to Africa for a safari. When he disembarks the plane he notices drumming in the background. Curious, he asks the flight attendant. She replies, "Do not worry about the drums, worry when they stop." The next day, in the headed into the bush, he still hears the drums and asks the guide. The guide replies "Pay no attention while the drums play, worry when they stop." And on into the next day when, suddenly, the drums stop and the entire party cringes and huddles together. "What is happening!,"cries the man in panic. With a look of dread, the guide replies. "The drums have stopped. Time for the Bass solo."

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What is the last thing to pass through a fly's mind when it hits the windscreen of a Ferrari?

It's arse.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Waiter, what's this fly doing in my soup?"
"The backstroke, sir."

"Waiter, what's this fly doing in my soup?"
"Don't worry. He won't eat much."

"Waiter, there's a fly in my soup!"
"Shhhhh! Everybody will want one!"

There you go. Three jokes, told on the fly...

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Eek!]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Starbug:
What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?
A drummer.

How many drummers does it take to change lightbulb?
None. They have a machine to do that now.

A singer-songwriter I know (who specializes in corny jokes while tuning her guitar) told this joke, although I don't recall if it was before or after she married her drummer:

Q: How can you tell if the platform is level under the drummer?

A: He's drooling out both sides of his mouth.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How many sopranos does it take to change a lightbulb?

Three. One to go up the ladder and two to bitch about how it's far too high for her but they could do it easily.

How many altos does it take to change a lightbulb?

Just one, and no-one notices whether its done right or not.

Tenors been done upthread.

How many basses does it take to change a lightbulb?

None. They just look put-upon and get a tenor to do it.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What is the difference between a bull and an orchestra?

The bull has horns at the front and an arsehole at the back.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So a Hindu monk, a rabbi and a Baptist minister were going to an ecumenical conference. Late at night, the car they were driving broke down and they sought refuge at a nearby farmhouse. The farmer (who did NOT have a daughter--this ain't that kind of joke!) told them that they were welcome to stay the night but he only had room for two of them in the house and the third would have to stay in the barn

The Hindu said "No problem! I come from a poor area in my country and I am used to hardship. I am sure your barn will seem like a palace to me!" So he goes out to the barn. A few minutes later, there is a knock at the door of the house. It's the Hindu. "I am so sorry! There is a cow in the barn. Cows are very sacred to me and it would not be appropriate for me to share sleeping quarters with such a sacred being."

The rabbi said: "Not to worry! My people, we were born to suffer! I will sleep in the barn!" He goes out. A few minutes later, there is a knock on the door of the house. It's the rabbi. "I regret to say that there is a pig in the barn. A pig is an unclean animal and it would not be appropriate for me to sleep in the same spot with it."

The Baptist minister gives a heavy sigh. "Oh, very well," he said in a pompous tone. "Then I shall sleep in the barn." He goes out. A few minutes later, there is a knock at the door of the house. It's the cow and the pig...

[The version I learned used a Baptist minister, but feel free to substitute the denomination of your choice.]

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A laywer would make a perfect substitution.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
redderfreak
Shipmate
# 15191

- Posted      Profile for redderfreak   Author's homepage   Email redderfreak   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Richard Dawkins?

--------------------
You know I just couldn't make it by myself, I'm a little too blind to see

Posts: 287 | From: Exeter | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My favourite one-liner, on reincarnation -

'Come back as a hyena, you're laughing'

Mrs. S, [Killing me]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
jbohn
Shipmate
# 8753

- Posted      Profile for jbohn   Author's homepage   Email jbohn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
What do you call a drummer with no girlfriend?

Homeless.

Drummer goes into a music shop and browses for a while. Eventually he says: "I'd like the red trumpet and the white accordion". And the shop assistant says: "I'm sorry - I can't sell the fire extinguisher, and the radiator's bolted to the wall."

Did you hear about the bass player that locked the keys in his car?

He had to break the window to get the drummer out...

--------------------
We are punished by our sins, not for them.
--Elbert Hubbard

Posts: 989 | From: East of Eden, west of St. Paul | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What do you get if you cross an elephant with a PE teacher?

An elephant in a track suit who can't do joined-up writing.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It said on the news this morning that if you were travelling in icy weather you should take with you a shovel, a blanket, 24 hours' worth of food and water, extra warm clothing, a sleeping bag, a thermos of hot water, a radio to follow news reports and a mobile phone to be able to call for help.

I felt a bit of a prat getting on the No. 24 bus with that lot this morning ....'

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Traveller
Shipmate
# 1943

- Posted      Profile for Traveller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dai Jones sang for forty years in the chapel choir. First tenor, see?

Then Dai passed away and found himself in the queue for the pearly gates. Eventually, he reaches the front of the queue and the angel with the big book asks his name.

"Jones, Dai", replies Dai.

"Ah! Dai bach, come on in, you're just in time for choir practice!" says the angel.

So Dai finds himself in the heavenly choir, with St. Peter taking choir practice. Ten thousand sopranos, ten thousand altos, ten thousand basses. Dai Jones in the only tenor, see.

Dai has a wonderful time, singing away as he never did back in chapel.

After a little while, St. Peter stops the choir. "Can the tenors make a little less noise, please!"

--------------------
I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live:
I will praise my God while I have my being.
Psalm 104 v.33

Posts: 1037 | From: Wherever the car has stopped at the moment! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
TomOfTarsus
Shipmate
# 3053

- Posted      Profile for TomOfTarsus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What's with all the drummer jokes? I'd heard some of them as bagpiper jokes, to wit:

A piper suddenly remembered he'd left his car unlocked with his pipes in the back seat. He hurried back to his car, and found two more sets had been added...

(But I do have a wonderful coworker here who's also a drummer so.... [Devil] thanks for the material!)

--------------------
By grace are ye saved through faith... not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath ... ordained that we should walk in them.

Posts: 1570 | From: Pittsburgh, PA USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A dog, wearing a gun belt and a cowboy hat limps into a bar. He says to the bartender: "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw!"

Yeah, I didn't think it was that funny either.

How about this one?

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Dwane.

Dwane, who?

Dwane the bathtub, I'm dwowning!

(Rim shot!)

Okay, last one and then I'll shut up. No, really!

Why was the ink blot sad?

Because his father was in the pen and didn't know how long the sentence would be!

I'm here all week, folks! [Big Grin]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dal Segno:
I have CDO.

It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order as they should be.

Did you hear about the new support group that's formed? D.A.M. -Mothers Against Dyslexia!

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Darllenwr
Shipmate
# 14520

- Posted      Profile for Darllenwr   Email Darllenwr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Like Sioni's offering upthread, this is not so much a joke as a rag week prank. I was told of it by an ex-student from Aberystwyth who was adamant it was true.

A group of students were walking into Aberystwyth when they came upon a group of council workmen digging up the road.

There is a moment of inspiration and one of the students approaches the Foreman.

"You know it's rag week?"

"Yes; what about it?"

"Well, we thought you ought to know that there's a group of students coming this way, dressed as Policemen - they're going to try to move you on."

"Oh! Right. Thanks"

The scene shifts to the public desk of the local Police Station. The student is now talking to the duty Sergeant.

"You know it's rag week?"

"Yes; what about it?"

"Well, we thought you ought to know that, as a rag week stunt, there's a group of students dressed as council workmen digging a hole in the road ..."

--------------------
If I've told you once, I've told you a million times: I do not exaggerate!

Posts: 1101 | From: The catbox | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The5thMary:
A dog, wearing a gun belt and a cowboy hat limps into a bar. He says to the bartender: "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw!"

Yeah, I didn't think it was that funny either.

How about this one?

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Dwane.

Dwane, who?

Dwane the bathtub, I'm dwowning!

(Rim shot!)

Okay, last one and then I'll shut up. No, really!

Why was the ink blot sad?

Because his father was in the pen and didn't know how long the sentence would be!

I'm here all week, folks! [Big Grin]

I know some fourth graders who'd love these.

As did I. Sometimes I'm in the mood for some awful groaners. [Smile]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by geroff:
"What's brown and sticky?"

"A stick."

or "A brownie".
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

quote:
Originally posted by Darllenwr:
Like Sioni's offering upthread, this is not so much a joke as a rag week prank.

What in the world is Rag Week?

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's an annual event - a week in which University students do various things to raise money for charity. For example, collecting on the streets in fancy dress, publishing a "Rag Mag" full of jokes, doing some daft sponsored event etc etc etc.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
quote:
Originally posted by Darllenwr:
Like Sioni's offering upthread, this is not so much a joke as a rag week prank.

What in the world is Rag Week?
Apropos Rag Mag jokes, these were usually filthy and the filthiest came from the Rugby Club and the Women's Society.

You might get Rag Week stories here, but you won't get many Rag Week jokes.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

- Posted      Profile for Cthulhu   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Q. WHAT IS BLACK AND WHITE AND RED ALL OVER?

A. A NUN ON A MEAT HOOK.

--------------------
I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL. Nothing personal.

Posts: 78 | From: R'lyeh | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah. I thought this was going to be "What is black and white and read all over?" to which the answer is "a newspaper". Only it isn't always true because most people only read the bits of a newspaper they like.

I think we still have a Circus. They might want some gags for their clowns, though their clowns might gag at some of these.

Ariel
Heaven ****

jbohn
Shipmate
# 8753

- Posted      Profile for jbohn   Author's homepage   Email jbohn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomOfTarsus:
(But I do have a wonderful coworker here who's also a drummer so.... [Devil] thanks for the material!)

Q: How do you know a drummer's at your door?

A: The knocking keeps getting faster.

Q: How do you get the drummer to go away?

A: Pay him for the pizza.

Q: What's the difference between a drummer and a large pizza?

A: A large pizza can feed a family of four...

--------------------
We are punished by our sins, not for them.
--Elbert Hubbard

Posts: 989 | From: East of Eden, west of St. Paul | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh for fuck's sake, not the drummer jokes. I ain't readin' this shit. Look, we used to have a whole board devoted to good jokes; where did we go wrong?

Thread CLOSED
Ariston, Master and Commander

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016