homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Olympics and Paralympics 2012 (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Olympics and Paralympics 2012
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
Yup he was fab.

Currently, am watching yesterday's The Last Leg on 4OD. Anybody enjoying this daily comedy round up ? Its a really good laugh.

I've been watching it [Smile] Love the "isitok" tweets

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, you now know it is never OK to pass a beer back over someone's head.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I also love Adam Hill's manic bonding over his prosthetic foot.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just back from 2 weeks holiday. The Paralympics - wow! And double-wow!! Caught some of the live evening performances on hotel/B & B TV, after exploring some of the beauty of Western Scotland.

I hope Seb Coe is right, that perceptions have been changed for ever - at least in the UK.

Taking both events together, I've been proud to be British this summer. Not just for the great results by the athletes, but for the organisation, infrastructural support, marvellous volunteers and all the crowds attending. Inspirational. And a privilege to see such performances from all over the world.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Barnabas62:
Just back from 2 weeks holiday. The Paralympics - wow! And double-wow!! Caught some of the live evening performances on hotel/B & B TV, after exploring some of the beauty of Western Scotland.

I hope Seb Coe is right, that perceptions have been changed for ever - at least in the UK.

Taking both events together, I've been proud to be British this summer. Not just for the great results by the athletes, but for the organisation, infrastructural support, marvellous volunteers and all the crowds attending. Inspirational. And a privilege to see such performances from all over the world.

Me too. I'm not a sporty person usually but I've been enthralled by the para and olympics. How on earth can bodies do such things????

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Armed.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016