homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Mornington Crescent (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Mornington Crescent
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Following the Croydon Underpass rules I'll start with

Camden Town

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mornington Crescent

Next up, Dollis Hill

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

- Posted      Profile for AberVicar     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Leamington Spa

--------------------
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Posts: 742 | From: Abertillery | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mornington Crescent

Hey, aren't you supposed to stick to actual London underground stations under these rules? I didn't think you were allowed to do train stations until page 4, Welsh names until page 5, and, once it became just Welsh train stations on page 6, shut it down.

So Charing Cross

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
George Spigot

Outcast
# 253

- Posted      Profile for George Spigot   Author's homepage   Email George Spigot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Last time I started one of these it got shut down in less time than it takes to boil an egg.

(eats popcorn)

--------------------
C.S. Lewis's Head is just a tool for the Devil. (And you can quote me on that.) ~
Philip Purser Hallard
http://www.thoughtplay.com/infinitarian/gbsfatb.html

Posts: 1625 | From: Derbyshire - England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Of course, under recent Amendments initiated by the Blessed St. Ken (atheist though he may be), there is now no semantic difference between the prefixes "Under-" and "Over-". (Makes sense anyway - just think of the so-called "Underground" line on its viaduct through Ravenscourt Park, and don't even mention the Mill Hill East branch).

Thus: Penge West.

[ 11. February 2013, 07:22: Message buggered about with by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Traveller
Shipmate
# 1943

- Posted      Profile for Traveller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And, of course, under these circumstances, there is very little distinction between West and East . So Aldgate East is a safe play, for a change.

--------------------
I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live:
I will praise my God while I have my being.
Psalm 104 v.33

Posts: 1037 | From: Wherever the car has stopped at the moment! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

- Posted      Profile for Cthulhu   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
COCKFOSTERS

--------------------
I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL. Nothing personal.

Posts: 78 | From: R'lyeh | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by George Spigot:
Last time I started one of these it got shut down in less time than it takes to boil an egg.

(eats popcorn)

But this was started by an *****

(And using the Tram Link extension rules takes us all the way to Elmers End

[Wierd? Something wrong with my typing fingure]

[ 11. February 2013, 07:53: Message buggered about with by: The Midge ]

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

Dal Segno

al Fine
# 14673

- Posted      Profile for Dal Segno     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
King George V
Posts: 1200 | From: Pacific's triple star | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
SHINING TIME STATION!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu:
COCKFOSTERS

And the same to you. Furthermore

Up Holland

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wauchope

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To help the confused, (River) Styx.

Mythological location rules on; Atlantis is wild.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

- Posted      Profile for AberVicar     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ferenginar

--------------------
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Xanadu, obviously.

Anyone holding a blue chip can now play any poet or recreational drug links.

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Woohoo...

Ffarquhar

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
enacting the lesser-known Brassica Flatulence Defense...

Broccoli Farts

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

- Posted      Profile for Cthulhu   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
R'LYEH

--------------------

The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu:
R'LYEH

Try and find CAPS LOCK KEY

--------------------

Shipmate
# 76

Our tentacly friend has a free pass to- erm - play any move he likes any way he likes. Heh.

Harrow and Wealdstone.

--------------------

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Victoria

[ 11. February 2013, 09:03: Message buggered about with by: AberVicar ]

--------------------

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Midge:
Try and find CAPS LOCK KEY

It's fairly obvious that Cthulhu has found it.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

Aha! Aha! Borked Code Amendment 2004 - Crianlarich

(ref AV's hastily fixed post; doesn't count - I saw it before it was edited)

[ 11. February 2013, 09:04: Message buggered about with by: Karl: Liberal Backslider ]

--------------------

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

and while we're at it and the rules are suspended we'll swim to

Waterloo

[ 11. February 2013, 09:05: Message buggered about with by: AberVicar ]

--------------------

The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

quote:
Originally posted by AberVicar:
and while we're at it and the rules are suspended we'll swim to

Waterloo

Napoleon’s undies drawer

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pont-y-Pant

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pant-y-llyner
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
Pant-y-llyner

You mean Pantulaenr?

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Welsh Speeling isn't a strong point.

But I think you got it...

orfeo

# 13878

Thamshavn

I have my reasons.

[ 11. February 2013, 12:59: Message buggered about with by: orfeo ]

--------------------

Shipmate
# 76

But it's hard to imagine that they're good ones, frankly.

Tottenham Court Road

--------------------

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Cwrt Bleddyn

--------------------

Shipmate
# 76

Cot-wydd-andsin-tul

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not quite like this, then.

Buggleskelly (Hants).

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Bugger's Muddle

--------------------

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wormhole.

Queen's Park

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Asshole.

Mornington Crescent

Let's start again at Port Talbot Parkway.

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Mallaig
AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Heath High Level

--------------------

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Place D'Armes

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dead Horses

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

PRATTS BOTTOM

--------------------

Smarty Pants
unregistered

- Posted            Edit/delete post 
Canterlot
IP: Logged
AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Hell

--------------------

alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

- Posted      Profile for alienfromzog   Email alienfromzog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hell West

--------------------
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

An Alien's View of Earth - my blog (or vanity exercise...)

Posts: 2150 | From: Zog, obviously! Straight past Alpha Centauri, 2nd planet on the left... | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ceannaideach
Shipmate
# 12007

- Posted      Profile for Ceannaideach   Email Ceannaideach   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hull

--------------------
"I dream of the day when I will learn to stop asking questions for which I will regret learning the answers." - Roy Greenhilt OOTS

Posts: 199 | From: Shakespeare's County | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

We can't stay there long, for obvious reasons.

Harold's Wood

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Butt Road

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Futtocks End

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016