homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Trans-Tasman Titillation - vol: 27 (Page 13)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  50  51  52 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Trans-Tasman Titillation - vol: 27
Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

- Posted      Profile for Cryptic   Email Cryptic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
Interestingly we received in our head Office the other day a prayer diary from Deaconess House in Sydney, praying for the people of the Northern Territory. Not one non-Sydney person is named, only the CMS exports. Not even the bishop - who was formerly a rector in the Diocese of Sydney - gets prayed for.

Ahhh... Sydney diocese they never fail to make you feel ashamed of them... [Disappointed]

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
although TP took a nasty tumble on his walk today
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BL - that's bad news! Ouch - hope all is well.

quote:
(I turned 60 last Saturday)
- Congratulations Rexory! I'm glad that I'm still young enough to fall over!

--------------------
Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 225 | From: Sydney | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by rexory:
quote:

BL, one of the defining things about getting older (I turned 60 last Saturday) is that one no longer "falls over"; one "has a fall". [Frown]
My recommendation, Rexory, is to see
Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. I'm just back from seeing it with friend and we had a good laugh.

If cinemas your way are like the multiplex style over here, you will see what is ahead of you after 60. There's the view put forward with skill in the film and there's what we saw as we entered the small theatre. People being carefully helped down the stairs to their seats and a parking area for walking frames. Local nursing home day out.

Most of the jokes seemed to go over the heads of those behind us, judging by the silence. Or perhaps they felt they could not be seen by friends laughing at some of the jokes. We laughed and laughed. I advise you to take the viewpoint, if not the actions, as shown in the film. You'll also get a good laugh which is therapeutic.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Loth I came home today intending to go to a 6.30 showing of that film in the next suburb, but it was 5.45, so I missed out. I am now more determined than ever to make it tomorrow. I could have gone at 8pm tonight instead, but I am a bit nervous of being in that suburb alone after dark as ihey have had several rock falls that cut off access.

I was told today that the people managing eathquake recovery here say they are halfway through demolishing the parts of the CBD that need to go. I don't really know how they can say that because buildings once thought to be safe are being declared unsafe every week [Waterworks] .

Outer Mongolia is beginning to look attractive again, despite their funny writing.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
ozowen
Shipmate
# 8935

- Posted      Profile for ozowen   Author's homepage   Email ozowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just got back from some training in a town with the oddest name.
Can you guess then real name of this NSW town?
It's in a region where the prey should beware!
This town is where the unconnected sewerage raps!

If this is too dumb for words- its' cos my brain stopped working during the drive home.

--------------------
Without stupid people we would have no one to laugh at, so take time to thank a creationist for their contribution.

Posts: 2933 | From: The Never Never, Australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
This town is where the unconnected sewerage raps!

Without looking at the map, the first name which comes to mind is Boggabri.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Or perhaps WeeWaa.

--------------------

ozowen
Shipmate
# 8935

- Posted      Profile for ozowen   Author's homepage   Email ozowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's in the region where the prey needs to beware...
Not neither of them.
Hint- 4-5 hr drive.

--------------------
Without stupid people we would have no one to laugh at, so take time to thank a creationist for their contribution.

Posts: 2933 | From: The Never Never, Australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

BL, one of the defining things about getting older (I turned 60 last Saturday) is that one no longer "falls over"; one "has a fall". [Frown]
Well, I tend to "fall flat on my face", and have done several times, and I'll be 80 this year. My bones are obviously solid: I get up, rather awkwardly, and walk away. But I'd hate to fall going down steps; these I negotiate very carefully.

Take care, all.

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
quote:
Of course the kiwi purple has had a rattle along over the weekend, too ...

??? Sometimes I think I'm living on a desert island.

I think it was last weekend the Diocese of Wellington was meeting to elect a new bishop. Rumours are that a radical choice has been made. No announcements as yet, and A/NZ takes a while - by memory it was about a fortnight before Ross Bay was announced in Auckland.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Boggabri?

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Bummer ... Loth has tried that. Oh well. Dunnedoo?

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, TP is okay, though sore - he was carrying a 15 kilo pack at the time, because he was on his way home from the grocery store. That's why he fell more heavily than usual. He takes being my house husband very seriously, and now has a list of daily chores to work through!

Meanwhile I am off to Goulburn for 3 days. The car is packed to the gunwales and my checklist looks like this:

9 palm branches, 7 pots of whte chrysanthemums, 2 bunches of lilies, emerald lace greeenery, secateurs, floristry wire, gloves and plastic. Check.

8 new palls, 4 new credence cloths, 3 new mitres, alb and o'night bag. Check.

Rolls of red/gold/blue blue material, blue banners, tassels, altar throws, blue/silver/whilte standing pennants and blue and white standards (for celebrating the Annunciation). Check.

Poles and fittings, fishing line, string, sewing kit, zip ties, hammer and energy drinks. Check.

[Roll Eyes] And I bet I'll have forgotten SOMETHING!! But I will try to take photos....in my 'spare' moments....

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
ozowen
Shipmate
# 8935

Dunnedoo is good but not it. The rapping or knocking needs addressing yet.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

well there is Rappville, but noone ever went there for anything ...

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

quote:
and A/NZ takes a while - by memory it was about a fortnight before Ross Bay was announced in Auckland.

in fact ... from the diocesan website ...
quote:
The five week election and appointment process has begun…

Chaired by the Archbishop's Commissary, the Electoral College for the Diocese of Wellington met last weekend and began the five week process of choosing the new bishop for the Diocese.

Following the Electoral College, the Archbishop's Commissary forwarded the name of the person nominated to the Archbishop, who in turn consults with all the other Bishops in the Anglican Church of Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia. Once the Bishop's sanction has been received, the nomination is then forwarded on to a ballot amongst all members of General Synod. The balloting process takes about four weeks. The General Secretary of the Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia conducts this ballot. The results of the ballot are sent to the Archbishop, who then writes to the successful candidate with an offer to become the next Bishop of Wellington. The process is expected to be completed by the beginning of May.

quite a while ... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
... 3 new mitres ...

Surely only two new bishops?

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Posts: 946 | From: Mount Fairy, NSW | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

- Posted      Profile for Cryptic   Email Cryptic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vulpior:
quote:
... 3 new mitres ...

Surely only two new bishops?
It's for the Bonus Bishop. Consecrate two bishops than get the third one free! [Big Grin]

--------------------

the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The third was simply a misunderstood order for a mitre saw, a mistake which could lead to extreme disappointment.

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
ozowen
Shipmate
# 8935

Cessnock

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by ozowen:
Cessnock

well yes, of course!

--------------------

Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by the giant cheeseburger:
The third was simply a misunderstood order for a mitre saw, a mistake which could lead to extreme disappointment.

A mitre saw wouldn't be big enough to take the head off your chosen bishop, which failing under some circumstances could lead to extreme disappointment.

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Posts: 946 | From: Mount Fairy, NSW | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ven Hone Kaa has died.

He was one of my favourite Anglican clergy. All the news items I've heard about him on the radio today mention his passion and work to stop violence, particularly against Maori children, and I think it would be hard to find someone else with the mana (integrity, charisma, prestige) he brought to that work. He was also a person who would challenge the government or anyone else when he thought it was needed, for example about the growing gap between the rich and poor here. He was a radical, and also a bridge-builder and also helped with programmes examining Maori/ Pakeha* historical interactions.

Ka hinga te totara o te wao nui a Tane.

The falling of the totara tree in the great forest of Tane.

*Pakeha = white New Zealander - was originally used of British settlers.

[ 30. March 2012, 07:11: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

I've posted on Facebook my Hone Kaa story (he changed my life) but I have another. I have a great friend who went through College with Hone - he was I believe still John Carr in those days. Hone was expressing rage at the colonialist invaders and their treatment of Māori. My mate Mike, a Scot, said 'you reckon you guys had problems ... look what they did do my people'.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Remember BL"s link to the Goulburn paper's article on today's consecration of two bishops in the cathedral there?

Today's Sydney Morning Herald has this.

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

quote:
I've posted on Facebook my Hone Kaa story (he changed my life) but I have another.

Hey Zappa, I'm not connected to Facebook (privacy issues). Any chance of doing a cut'n'paste in a PM, please?

I am in tears - joy and sadness - just received my Cathedral Extra and discovered that the tukutuku panels have been rescued from the Cathedral. This was actually announced at the beginning of March, but I was away for a while then. Now I just want to hear the Menorah is Ok, though that was in the drop zone of the West wall, so the news may not be good. However it was designed by a member of one family, and made by his brother so it is not irreplaceable in the way the woven tukutuku panel is (many people wove stitches under the guidance of a wonderful woman who has since died [Tear] .

Huia

[ 31. March 2012, 00:29: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

By the way, the way things are going here I should put in for the Dean's job!

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

Zappa, I wouldn't wish that job on my worst enemy. One of the Cathedral staff has written that "The relationship of the people of Christchurch to their Cathedral is part talisman, part fetish and part like a much loved, gently neglected older relative," which is one of the most accurate descriptions I've seen.

BannerLady - an update on the Cardboard Cathedral. An announcement is expected in the next few weeks. It sounds as if it's all go. subject to a suitable site being found, which is proving difficult.

Huia

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nice shot of my banners flying on the ABC news tonight.

I have taken photos from where I was sitting in the sanctuary and sent them to the cathedral FB site.

Gosh I'm tired!
[Snore]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Photos...

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:

I have taken photos from where I was sitting in the sanctuary and sent them to the cathedral FB site.

Gosh I'm tired!
[Snore]

Saw them. A momentous occasion.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
quote:

Gosh I'm tired!
[Snore]

Saw them. A momentous occasion.
Make sure you get the extra hour's sleep tonight when clocks go back, BL

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Duck, duck, duck, duckity duck duck duck.

Hm.

So I had a Parish Council meeting this morning in which I basically put forward a proposal to vote me out of a job. In reality it was well received, understood, I was affirmed despite being a blithering nincompoop (which I've know for years blah blah blah - personally I'd plead left field and whatever, but a few clearly consider me grossly incompetent, not least a bishop or two but don't go there and don't mention purple balloons ... it reciprocates) ...

So it all went well until the Key Player™, whose sheer disdain for me has been increasingly apparent as the months have gone on (she was one of two, friends, but the other one has left taking his enormously generous but controlling cheque book with him) launched into a 'what the hell did you come here for and basically you're useless and everything you've done here has failed abysmally' diatribe.

Somehow by the grace of God and becuase I knew that all others around the table saw things differently I was able to hang in there, smile sweetly, and express my thanks for her perspective et cetera. No that's alright, I really don't have feelings, I'm a robot. A useless one. No worries.

But you know, sometimes I get a little tired of being told I'm an abject failure - especially when most meaningful indicators say 'actually by the grace of God you've blundered along okay'.

See. I haven't even sworn.

[ 01. April 2012, 04:24: Message edited by: Zappa ]

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My sympathies, Zappa... I could empathize... Let us just say there are reasons upon reasons why I am moving to a Frontier Services patrol in May, and the FS patrol-Anglican/UCA parish is ceasing ... The parish may continue but not with FS

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

That sucks, Zappa to use a word which rhymes. All too easy to be nasty with someone else's life and family when really, all most of us do is to blunder along OK by God's race.

Prayers for you and Kuru and for the situation.

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, dear, Zappa! I so empathise , too. On the other hand, I broke the "hallelujah" rule this morning on learning that a perpetually toxic parishioner has decided to attend elsewhere. The fact is that I had so had enough of her vitriolic, bullying, controlling nature that I told her yesterday not to come back to St Alfred's again. I was at the end of my tether, I'll admit; but I was just one of her many whipping-boys, and we one of a series of parishes into which she has poured poison over many years. I can only wish her "new" rector and parishioners good luck!
BTW, I have come out of this smelling of roses with my own folk over my standing up to her. It's costly, but not all bad [Smile]

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Zappa , call another meeting for Low Sunday and take along that small croc you were training to chew the grass - on a leash, of course, but it will keep discussion focussed. They might even think that if you can train a croc, you're up to being their rector.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rowen, frontier service is amazing. Last Easter/Anzac holiday we were camping in the midnorth. We went to the local pub for the Anzac service, had a beer and witnessed one of those beautiful god is good type moments. The Padre was that good and honest and it was a privilege to participate in. I wish you all the very best for a breathtakingly vital ministry.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you. I really enjoy working with FS... The work is utterly fascinating, and the organization is great. I look forward to the new FS role and grieve the loss of the old.
I am pleased to be returning to my fold, as in a UCA only role

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Zappa

[Votive] Rowen

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

Someone somewhere, maybe a sermon I heard at an Induction? said they thought one of the first questions to be asked of church people on the day of the Great Waking Up (thanks Zappa) will be. "How did you treat my Priests and Ministers?"

It is bad enough when it comes from those outside the tent pissing in - but when it comes from those inside I wonder what hope there is for the Church. I'm not saying ordination confers Infallibility, but it should be possible to disagree without the virulence often shown by feral parishioners.

Zappa, Kuru and the Kuruzapplets [Votive]

Rowen [Votive] Best wishes for yor new venture.

Huia

--------------------

jugular
Voice of Treason
# 4174

- Posted      Profile for jugular     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I can only wish her "new" rector and parishioners good luck!

In the name of all that is holy, if she shows up at my place, I will hunt you down.

--------------------
We’ve got to act like a church that hasn’t already internalized the narrative of its own decline Ray Suarez

Posts: 2599 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jugular:
quote:
I can only wish her "new" rector and parishioners good luck!

In the name of all that is holy, if she shows up at my place, I will hunt you down.
I didn't think to suggest she try you. Maybe I should writre her an anonymous letter!

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Go you good thing Rexory! And yeah, Gee D, I think I'll train the croc. The funny thing is that after posting that I got some good, real good, words of encouragement from various sources in the faith community, lots of affirmation, which to be honest I really needed at that moment. Not least from a person who thanked me for 'getting rid of' someone they condidered creepy and bullying - not unlike rexory's situation in many ways.

It's a silly job ... having to shift the perceptions and expectations of the same people who a) usually want to stay within those safe perceptions and expectations and b) who pay you.

At any rate I have permission now to go part time - and as one warden commented I could have lied and claimed I was flat out working a 60 hour week, rather than admit they are utterly wasting money paying me for a job that takes about 12-15 hours a week.

So now to find a day job ... after somehow getting through Holy Week, lectures, medical procedures and insomnia ...

Thanks for the prayers: I think I'll need them.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Ah yes, insomnia - God bless the ship: what would we do without her!

Yesterday was the first time I have processed into church in front of a donkey. (Donkey is an old and venerable animal called Jenny who even has her own red and black liturgical vestment to wear).

This vestment hangs in the cathedral cupboard and is hung out once a year ready for Jenny to wear. It has a tag on it that says "For the Donkey".

I cannot begin to tell you how many clergy and ass jokes I heard yesterday... [Razz]

All good fun!

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

We had a real donkey each year at St Triangles but none here, alas (though we had a pony for Christmas). I really must get on training that croc.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Oh, and RIP Lionel Bowen ... I liked him.

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lionel Bowen was a good man. Not a Good Man, something from which he would have shrunk. Very humble, even as Dep Prime Minister, a devout Christian, an MP who kept in very close touch with his constituents. Also competent at administering his departments. A total contrast to the present Member for that electorate.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Passion is now sold out for tonight and Wednesday night! If you're coming along, dear Sydney siders, better book for Tuesday.

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

Sounds like everybody has had a big weekend!

BL - missed seeing your banners on the news, but enjoyed looking at the photos on your flickr page.

quote:
This vestment hangs in the cathedral cupboard and is hung out once a year ready for Jenny to wear. It has a tag on it that says "For the Donkey".

[Killing me]

Zappa - prayers for you and your family A terrible situation to be in. There's nothing like a Toxic Parish Mafia to bring you down. In my early 20's I left the parish in which I grew up because of just such a group. In hindsight I did the right thing, but at the time it was awful and I feel for anybody in that position. Nobody ever comes out of it unscathed, including those that see themselves as the "winners". Rexory - well done. Despite my previous comment that nobody comes out unscathed, having the Toxic Agent in your midst is still enough to destroy your whole parish.

quote:
"How did you treat my Priests and Ministers?"
Huia - exactly!

Rowen, all the best with your changes ahead.

Second those thought about Lionel Bowen. If only we hade people of that calibre in parliament now...

Back to the doctor for me tonight as I can't shake the end of this virus. Had to attack the lawns yesterday, and it nearly killed me!

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

If that's what an autumnal virus does, what will winter be like?

Didn't get to church yesterday but not for want of trying. Got to near City Road intersection with Parramatta Rd and bus stopped. Let us off, a long way from the stop. There was a huge crane plonked in the middle of Parramatta Road outside UTS. Traffic was allowed through spasmodically in both directions.

I was in plenty of time to catch bus up to Newtown and Enmore Road, but none came. Lots of Leichhardt buses but that's normal. Loads of them run and they come in threes. 10 minutes after service would have started, I was still there. At almost 10:00 am, my bus home arrived so I got on. Lift upstairs had a light saying out of service. Better than before Christmas when it totally died. It was stuck in basement attempting to rise but without success.

Just went to check mail and lift is back working.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  50  51  52 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016