homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Trans-Tasman Titillation - vol: 27 (Page 14)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  50  51  52 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Trans-Tasman Titillation - vol: 27
Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

- Posted      Profile for Cryptic   Email Cryptic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
If that's what an autumnal virus does, what will winter be like?

The horrible irony is that I have a long-standing appointment with my GP to have a flu shot the week after next. Hopefully this icky little adventure is at least giving my immune system a boost!

--------------------
Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 225 | From: Sydney | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been thinking about flu shot too. Think my last one was last April, not long after I moved here.

I used to be a bit careless with such things and invariably had flu in August or September. That led to pneumonia which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Since then I've had it every year.

Free for me now since I became a Centrelink client. [Biased]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My last was in 1977

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cryptic:
There's nothing like a Toxic Parish Mafia to bring you down.

To be fair it's nothing like as toxic as my last parish, and the indiviudal involved this time is one of the hardest working faith-people around. It's mainly that she is a fairly extreme ISTJ and I am an utterly extreme INFP. Therefore I am to her viewpoint, and that of the really dysfuntional dude who left with his 25k of toys, uttterly irresponsible. Utterly.

Unfortunately she turned up to this morning's eucharist at which, in an early morning mind-fog, I had set up without wine, water or a purificator. [brick wall] Of the five present three were of the STJ type (She, plus a retired bishop, and mrs retired bishop, not an N or an F or a P between them). [Tear] I did remember to take the palms out. That's why I forgot to finish the setting up.

Sigh. I sometimes wish it was legal, moral and sensible and not punitive of others to slash one's wrists. So messy though.

In fact that's why I abhor all that messy Church palaver (and fresh expressions). I am a walking messy church. [Frown]

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
My last was in 1977

I have had a flu shot regularly since about that time, and definitely every year since 1981.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
#2 son and family attend a smallish community church in sydney's west. More Pentecostal than any other adjective, but pastor has his head screwed on fairly straight and doesn't hold with much of the rubbish around now.

Lots of differences in customs to me but we cope reasonably. I'm sure sons discuss my "odd" beliefs but that's fine.

Grandson attends local independent Christian, parent-controlled school. Not to anyone's liking but he's now in Year 8 and the local High schools are just the pits, if not lower.

Son has just rung to say my eldest grandson will be baptised on Good Friday at pastor's house. I think quite a few must be away as service is at 9:30 and then baptism will be 10:30. They do have a usual venue, but not Good Friday. Then lunch at son's.

The ex-Mr L has been asked. My guess is that if his church has a service then, he will be at his church. Church has always come well before family. There's no way I'll miss this, so if he turns up, I'll have to play it by ear.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think it's DK's d-day in court today. [Votive]

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Curly:

mr curly

Possibly just the first day too.
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was out planting daffodil bulbs this afternoon when the words "flu injection" popped into my head. I must make an appointment for next week. I haven't had the flu for years thanks to injections,keeping clear of sneezers, washing my hands frequently and pure good luck.

As our hospitals are not yet able to work to capacity, the Health Board have increased the criteria for free injections.

Tomorrow I am off to see an Easter musical performed by the children of the Catholic school where I volunteer. As their Parish Hall hasn't been properly assessed the performance will take place in the Anglican Church Hall. I hope it goes well, both staff and students have put a lot of energy into it.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Curly:

mr curly

Possibly just the first day too.
[Votive] [Votive]

Yup, some Top End [Votive] s, too

--------------------

Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Spot on. Day one. Awful day in court as I was the only one cross examined. All day long.

Sadly, it may come to nothing. The experts have conferenced and agreed that even though I have had no contact with my children for nearly four years, it is probably too risky for them to see me because of some unspecified 'trauma.' At least until the eldest is 10 years old in three years time. Chances are that the judge will side with them.

I think I went okay in court. We have quite a feisty judge, and he personally questioned me for five minutes at a stretch, twice. Absolutely exhausted. But I will be able to tell my girls one day 'I never, ever gave up.'

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To be clear, I haven't traumatised my kids in any way. Their Mum has. But little chance the court will get to see that.
[Mad]
I will appreciate your continued prayers.

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh mate, [Votive]

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers here too

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
DK, heartfelt [Votive] from me too.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Duck, duck, duck, duckity duck duck duck.

Hm.

So I had a Parish Council meeting this morning in which I basically put forward a proposal to vote me out of a job. ...

launched into a 'what the hell did you come here for and basically you're useless and everything you've done here has failed abysmally' diatribe.

D...

No that's alright, I really don't have feelings, I'm a robot. A useless one. No worries.

Duck, duck, duck, duckity duck duck duck.

See. I haven't even sworn.

Well you know what? I am fucking well going to fucking swear.

I mean, what is it with these people? And what was it about yesterday that brought the worst out?

I had a parishioner ring me yesterday evening and abuse me for not ringing her in the past week:
quote:
"I understand that you're busy, but that's no excuse not to phone. You wouldn't have cared if I had been dead. At least there are people in the church like [another parishioner, one who is really controlling and who usurps my authority at every opportunity] who rang me TWICE this week to see how I was."
Never mind that I was in the office at 2am on Friday morning madly trying to get things done for Easter. Never mind that that was because I was called out to attend to a dying parishioner the previous afternoon. Never mind that my mind is right now going in a hundred directions and I have Holy Week insomnia. People, note this well: I am only one person, with one pair of hands, one set of ears, a need to eat and sleep. I am not superhuman.

And like you Zappa, I ate the humble pie. Well, to some extent. I visited said parishioner today and told her that what she had said hurt. She was mortified - had no memory of what she said. I half suspected it was related to her condition (and I discovered today to past hurts from 30 years ago) - but it still bloody hurts.

Remind me again why we do this job? Chrism Mass tomorrow evening; food for reflection...

Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Knight:
To be clear, I haven't traumatised my kids in any way. Their Mum has. But little chance the court will get to see that.
[Mad]
I will appreciate your continued prayers.

It's always the bloke who misses out, because as everyone knows it's always and ever only the bloke who is to blame. [Roll Eyes]

Seriously: [Votive] for you.

Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] DK

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
ozowen
Shipmate
# 8935

- Posted      Profile for ozowen   Author's homepage   Email ozowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] DK. This is so unnecessary.

Zappa, I admire your capacity to refrain from invective- but really "fuck em!"
A few years ago my old service obtained a new manager. The Board didn't do its job and she drove out many staff. I was the first. She continued to pursue me for almost a year later until not only did she start to look silly, it also began to appear that she was just a nasty arsed, lying piece of weasel shit.
Her efforts brought the entire old agency to its knees. Her reputation self destructed as it turned out that she was aspiring to only a mediocre level of competence and missed even that.
What goes around comes around mate. But that doesn't make it any easier for you in the situation you're in just now. I recognise the gnawing guts and the bleakness of outlook- especially when turned inward.
Folks like her should be equipped with a concrete plug that perfectly fits their mouths.

--------------------
Without stupid people we would have no one to laugh at, so take time to thank a creationist for their contribution.

Posts: 2933 | From: The Never Never, Australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We have an ex-in-law hard at work poisoning the mind of a child against one of our children and us. I keep telling B3 that eventually the child, who is a very smart four year old, will work out exactly the measure of all the adults in her life. It just takes time. Glad you are not giving up, DK.

Meanwhile: in more purple news...

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

[Votive] , Nunc, cos yes it hurts
[Votive] , DK, becuase justice sometimes seems so far away [Tear] (as you know mine never got to the courts, but I was badly shafted several times. It ain't nice).

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Knight:
I will be able to tell my girls one day 'I never, ever gave up.'

And that's it. A few days ago I got a phone call from my eldest (now 27) which reminded me how important that is. How one small thing I did from afar changed her life 11 years ago. At the time I never even knew if I'd been heard. It's the first reference I've heard to the event ever.

--------------------

Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

- Posted      Profile for Athrawes   Email Athrawes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Iam really sorry to hear this, DK. I have been praying for you as court day approached, and will continue to do so.

--------------------
Explaining why is going to need a moment, since along the way we must take in the Ancient Greeks, the study of birds, witchcraft, 19thC Vaudeville and the history of baseball. Michael Quinion.

Posts: 2966 | From: somewhere with a book shop | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

My apologies, DK, for omitting the "K" in you name on prayer thread. Was distracted by buzzer sounding for delivery and didn't check afterwards.

Glad I wasn't driving on M7 this morning. Two trucks collided and sent pig carcasses all over road. And more: from news report:

quote:
A large amount of diesel, pig fat and pig product was split on the road and absorbent material was being used to reduce the slippery nature of the road surface, a Transport Management Centre spokesman said.

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nunc Dimittis:
Remind me again why we do this job?

Good question! But I'm going to our Chrism Mass today, and I will, with many others, renew the vows of ordination. "Faithful is he who calls you".

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

- Posted      Profile for Cryptic   Email Cryptic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Prayers for Nunc, Zappa and all the clergy types. You shouldn't have to go through what you do. I have a friend, who in describing the people that inhabit volunteer organisations used to say that "there are those who are willing to work, and those that are willing to let them". In a parish setting, this could be modified to "there are those willing to do ministry and those who are willing to receive it" (and probably the third group that will bitch about everything).

[Votive] DK - I'm new around here and so don't know the background to your situation, but it sounds truly awful and you have my prayers.

Odd couple of days. Went to have parent-teacher interview yesterday with Cryptogirl's teacher, She told us about a charming motivated responsible girl that tries her best all the time. [Confused] I think that they pulled out the file for the wrong kid... Off to the doctor after that, my virus is at the "secondary infection" stage so more days of feeling like crap, however have antibiotics to help, and hopefully these will work so that I don't spend Easter waiting in a medical centre.

Cryptodog had his hair cut yesterday, so he looks all handsome and doggie again, instead of looking like an old mop that the handle has fallen off, unlike me, that hasn't had time lately to het my hair cut and so I look like a vagrant.

The downside of all my mowing lately is that I have nearly ruptured myself on several occasions trying to drag the green recycling bin up the driveway for pickup. Bin went out last night as usual, so chockers I could hardly move it. This morning, MY BIN BROKE THE TRUCK!!! The hydraulic arm on the garbage truck spat its dummy trying to pick up my bin, so there was the garbage truck broken down across our driveway, bin stuck in the arm, and a deluge of hydraulic oil all over the road. Poor mr garbage man soaked it up as best he could with the little sawdust he had on board, but I think that I'll have a lovely clean-up job to go home to. We managed to get the cars out of the drive and past the truck, and headed off to work/school with dead truck across the driveway.

quote:

Glad I wasn't driving on M7 this morning. Two trucks collided and sent pig carcasses all over road.

I'm glad that I wasn't on the M7 this morning, instead I was on the bloody M4 - I think that somewhere this morning an asylum for homicidal maniacs discharged all it inmates and gave them a vehicle as a leaving present. [Eek!]

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Morning tea with a parishioner. Now, just packing. And packing. And packing.
Last bag to the op shop. Only one more trip to the tip...

--------------------

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
I'm glad that I wasn't on the M7 this morning, instead I was on the bloody M4 - I think that somewhere this morning an asylum for homicidal maniacs discharged all it inmates and gave them a vehicle as a leaving present.

Traffic has gone mad today. I have just caught bus from Town Hall home down Parramatta Road. No roadworks, no nothing. 25 minute trip has take well over an hour. Most of that from Liverpool road turn off down to my place not all that many bus stops down. JUst past Western Distributor entry. Traffic conditions say "heavy traffic." The main road took 6 sets of traffic lights to get through each set.

I don't think it's pre-Easter traffic but can't see what it is.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

I saw a car here today, too [Razz]

--------------------

Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

quote:
I saw a car here today, too [Razz]

[Waterworks]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I'll gladly send you some more cars from down here, Zappa.

Cryptic, is your green recycle bin one of the truly enormous circular bins? My brother has one of those. Or an enormous square one. We had one when we lived at Killara. When full, it was just about impossible to get up our short but steep drive.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

[Cool]

--------------------

Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

It's a standard suburban green square wheelie bin, about 240 litres I think they are. I have an old metal rake and this is brilliant for stamping the cut grass down into the bin, so I can get lots in. Driveway is only moderately steep, but it has been gravelled (not by us) so dragging anything heavy over the gravel is nearly impossible.

--------------------

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is Sydney traffic wise like Sheffield. Here, if there is no trouble anywhere in the system at rush hour traffic flows, but a breakdown the other side of town can cause jams up the dual carriage way on this side?

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Jengie, you forgot to mention rain. A slight shower anywhere around and the whole place grinds to a halt.

--------------------

Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

Luckily traffic wasn't too bad this morning, beacuase my car had one of its French moments and decided that 5 cylinders was more than enough. Was able to nurse it over to mechanic at Chatswood without too much drama. Merde... [Mad]

Thankfully the council did a pretty good job of cleaning up the Exxon Valdez re-enactment in our driveway yesterday, so one less thing to worry about.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Well, talking of cars.... Zappa, perhaps you could train your croc to do THIS ...especially when the JW's call by...

[ 04. April 2012, 02:42: Message edited by: Banner Lady ]

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Gosh - and it was only a baby.

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

Coming home from a 2 hr meeting today, requiring 5 hrs of driving, out here in the remote, I drive up to a mountainous
Farm and picked up 8 chickens... So adorable.... 4 for a friend and 4 for me. Friend has them all for the next few weeks, whilst I go on holidays and then move, so I had dinner there tonight, and we got them settled safely, teaching the kids how to be very careful with the "chookons" as they called them.

They were very noisy in the car, and just so cute.
It was fun Easter thing to do.

--------------------

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Jengie, you forgot to mention rain. A slight shower anywhere around and the whole place grinds to a halt.

Ah our equivalent is snow.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Snow? What be that, I wonder?

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
Snow? What be that, I wonder?

My favourite pub in the whole world. I'd retire to Birdsville except
  • Kuruman has indicated I'd be on my own, and
  • There are some impracticalities for aging health issues - like the nearest doctor being 800 kms away
Sigh.

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

quote:
[*]Kuruman has indicated I'd be on my own,

My better half feels the same about Kalgoorlie!
I wish they wouldn't make such threats!

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Grandson's baptism tomorrow. He's 13. Am a bit apprehensive. Ex MrL has been invited, after all he's A's grandfather. No one knows if he's coming. There's nothing on his church's website except their normal Friday evening meeting. He would put church above family. Then again, he could easily turn up and be reasonable or turn up and try to take over baptism or preach at lunch afterwards or... Just depends on current mental state. He rarely sees or contacts his sons or their families. Sad really.

Have sight stress headache hanging around. If he comes will he bring the African woman he has supposedly adopted as his daughter? This was announced at his mother's funeral. Good advice from several sources says he's mistaken about legality of this. However, I see on church website she is now Dr H M and then his surname.

[ 05. April 2012, 07:29: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

That would be "slight stress headache." Edit time long gone when I saw mistake.

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry, Mr Curly, we just ran out of time to get back to the Turra Passion. How did it go?

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Hope it went better than the traffic outside is going right now. Part of the four day weekend stampede to get out of the city is going nowhere fast.

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No problems, Gee D, and thanks for asking - it went well. After a slow start, we had good numbers through the last few nights, and a few people I've wanted to come along for years finally made it.

The cast, while only with minor changes, just clicked this year. The pros were in the best spots for them, and the non-actors had parts that suited them better.

Only quibble is the 25 people who booked tickets for the last night, which was sold out, not coming.

Anyway, dog tired today, Melbourne tomorrow for a week. Biggest is blowing is horn in the National Band Championship.

Did I say I killed the fish in the outdoor pond yesterday? Left the hose on running into it for 4 hours not 10 minutes, and they didn't like the tap water.

Published my 4th book on kindle today. It's quite fun, if only it was remunerative as well.

Did I say tired?

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  50  51  52 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016