homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Trans-Tasman Titillation - vol: 27 (Page 19)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  50  51  52 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Trans-Tasman Titillation - vol: 27
Dennis the Menace
Shipmate
# 11833

- Posted      Profile for Dennis the Menace   Email Dennis the Menace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
The chill always seems to arrive in time for the ANZAC Day march.
Cold, wet and foggy here too. Gas fire is now on every evening. BRRRRR. [Frown]

Been a beutifull day here, 24 deg. Two loads of washing dry and lawns mowed. About to change now though.

--------------------
"Till we cast our crowns before Him; Lost in wonder, love, and praise."

Posts: 853 | From: Newcastle NSW Australia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sir Pellinore
Quester Emeritus
# 12163

- Posted      Profile for Sir Pellinore   Email Sir Pellinore   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We have no WW 1 vets alive, as far as I know.

Most of the WW 2 ones are fading fast.

My son in Melbourne has my late father's WW 2 medals. I'm not sure he quite understands. But he's a genuine slow learner.

For all those great old buggers who've faded away.

[Votive]

--------------------
Well...

Posts: 5108 | From: The Deep North, Oz | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gay Organ Grinder:
quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
The chill always seems to arrive in time for the ANZAC Day march.
Cold, wet and foggy here too. Gas fire is now on every evening. BRRRRR. [Frown]

Been a beutifull day here, 24 deg. Two loads of washing dry and lawns mowed. About to change now though.
We had two thunderstorms early afternoon but it's fine now.

I had a rug over my legs last night and will do so tonight. Time Team's new series before dinner and "Who do you think you are" on SBS. Last week's was on Vince Colosimo and showed part of Italian retreat from Russia. It was interesting and touching. I think tonight's is on John Wood the actor.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ANZAC Day throughout most of NZ was forecast to dawn bright and clear, which it did here at least.

April has neen such a fantastic month, but it's all set to turn nasty tomorrow which is why I'm doing a mountain of washing today.

Just heard "The Last Post" on the radio. It always had my motherin tears, I think from all the funerals she attended when it was played.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Military bands make me cry, Huia, and Last Post . Not quite sure why, something deep in my past, I guess. My maternal grandfather served in WW I and played the euphonium in an Army band. The other music which can make me cry is the tear jerker Abide with Me which was my grandmother's favourite hymn. I can see why it has that effect. We were very close. She died Anzac Day 1975 from cancer.

I'm doing washing as it's beautifully sunny. More rain forecast so I try to keep up to date.

Am about to sort some old photos, so more memories. I'm looking for one in particular.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All four of us (that includes Dog) went to the local service. About 500 or so - maybe a few more if you counted all the small children and the dogs. We saw Lothlorien's brother there and had a chat. Then over the line to one of the coffee shops.

Now at home, indoors but with bright sun pouring through, doing some work. We're off to one of Madame's brothers for lunch.

Sir Pellinore - the court documents for Mr Bushby and Mr Slipper are on many sites. They seem to have been done on the principle that if enough nasty things are asserted about the Defendants, some of it might even be able to be proved, and in the public's eye, some of the mud will stick. That may force a settlement.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
All four of us (that includes Dog) went to the local service. About 500 or so - maybe a few more if you counted all the small children and the dogs. We saw Lothlorien's brother there and had a chat. Then over the line to one of the coffee shops.

Brother came home and went back for coffee.

#2 son and one daughter went to their local service at 5:15 am. They've been before several times. Miss 9 is an early riser. Son said it was estimated at 2000 people. I find that an amazing number for the area. Most of those 200 adjourned to Scarylands* RSL for free breakfast. Eggs, sausage, tomatoes, baked beans, mushrooms, bacon, toast or a roll, unlimited coffee, tea or juice. That's a lot of food and preparation to be providing. Good community relations, I guess.

* For those in Sydney, the rhyming name for a district near Parramatta with lots of drive by shootings lately. They don't live there but it's not far away.

[ 25. April 2012, 02:21: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

- Posted      Profile for Cryptic   Email Cryptic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I watched a fair bit of the ANZAC day march on TV this morning with Cryptogirl. We tossed up going in to the city to watch, but being on the tail end of viruses we decided to leave the cold and wind to others this morning. There was only one old bloke from my Dad's regiment left, being pushed in a wheelchair. [Votive]

After the march, used the good weather to tackle the lawn, then cleaned the fish tank. Poor fish, I think he'll be traumatised by all that clean water. [Eek!]

The cardboard cathedral made an appearance in the SMH yesterday. It looks pretty schmick! So do the shipping container shops, much better than teh rubbish that passes for urban planning here! Have they worked out where they're getting the cardboard from yet? NZ's richest man has big interests in cardboard, I'm sure he could lend a hand, then it could be consecrated the Recycled Church of St Graeme... [Killing me]

--------------------
Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 225 | From: Sydney | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I have just watched something I've never seen here before. I live behind service station, McDs, Nandos etc, Subway. I happened to glance at the parking area which is busy practically any hour of the day or night. There was a man, possibly in 40s washing himself at service station tap. Took off his top, splashed himself all over, head, arms, neck, face and torso with cold water. No towel. Rolled up trackpants and washed legs. Splashed his socks as well. Still no towel. I began to wonder if he was one of the homeless men who appear around here sometimes but decided no.

He stepped into shoes, put on top. Then picked up a rather attractive mat and walked to walkway at side of service station still in full view of most. Rearranged mat several times. He was a Muslim and it was time to pray. He was actually facing west toward Burwood and bowed low and then right down. There are several mosques relatively local to here. Perhaps he was delayed on his way there.

--------------------

Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

- Posted      Profile for Cryptic   Email Cryptic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I admire his devoutness and devotion but he must have been bloody freezing!

--------------------

Barnabas Aus
Shipmate
# 15869

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas Aus   Email Barnabas Aus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We were travelling back from Melbourne on a very cold and dreary day mid-2011 and stopped for fuel and a late lunch at the first freeway service centre north of the city. Howling westerly blowing across the flatlands there. A Muslim family found a place among the landscaping where they could spread their prayer mats and began their prayers. It was a moving sight.
Posts: 375 | From: Hunter Valley NSW | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Watched a different kind of religious ceremony today - with the traditional stoush between Collingwood and Essendon at the MCG. Cracking game, and I think they do the ANZAC homage very well.

I have a relative who won the Changi Brownlow - God alone knows how they had the energy to even think about footy in a Japanese prison camp, but I guess it was that kind of stuff that kept them going. So of all the ways to 'remember', a game of football is probably not a bad one.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dennis the Menace
Shipmate
# 11833

- Posted      Profile for Dennis the Menace   Email Dennis the Menace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Could someone enlighten me please.

The media have been refering to the ANZACS as diggers. I thought the term applied only to WW1 soldiers.

--------------------
"Till we cast our crowns before Him; Lost in wonder, love, and praise."

Posts: 853 | From: Newcastle NSW Australia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gay Organ Grinder:
Could someone enlighten me please.

The media have been refering to the ANZACS as diggers. I thought the term applied only to WW1 soldiers.

[Confused] I'm totally confused, My understanding is the ANZACS were Australian New Zealand Army Corp but to refer to someone as an ANZAC is a term reserved specifically for those who fought at Gallipoli which was in WW1, so all ANZACS are diggers but not all diggers are ANZACS.

I thought that the term digger could be applied to members of the Australian army fairly generally though, so not reserved for WW1 although this is where the term originated.

Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Many thanks from a Pom. You guys are our best allies [Votive]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

quote:
Originally posted by Evangeline:
so all ANZACS are diggers but not all diggers are ANZACS.

I think that's pretty well it. "Digger" is a fairly generic term for Australian soldier.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by James the Confident:
No Evensong, I was unable to. It would have been good though, I know some of the speakers and they are very good.

Which Australian ones would you recommend James?

I'm trying to edumakate myself on Australian theologians/speakers.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cryptic:
quote:
so all ANZACS are diggers but not all diggers are ANZACS.

I think that's pretty well it. "Digger" is a fairly generic term for Australian soldier.
Other way round, Evangeline. Anzacs are NZ or Australian soldiers, but only Australians are Diggers.

GG

[ 25. April 2012, 20:47: Message edited by: Galloping Granny ]

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not quite the other way around GG as you can't say all diggers are ANZACs, I had forgotten our New Zealand brothers who fought at Gallipoli in my explanation, so all Australian ANZACs are diggers but not all diggers are ANZACs.
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Not quite the other way around GG as you can't say all diggers are ANZACs, I had forgotten our New Zealand brothers who fought at Gallipoli in my explanation, so all Australian ANZACs are diggers but not all diggers are ANZACs.

Right – I'd lost track of the fact that the ANZACs were only the Gallipoli contingent.

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An historian speaking before the ANZAC Day parade said he believes the "spirit" of ANZAC actually goes back to the Boer War when NZ and Australian men fought alongside each other.

Evangeline, I like Tim Patrick, Alister McGrath, Tim Costello. Unfortunately there is only one woman on the list.

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please ignore this post - it was on completely the wrong thread and has now been moved to where it belongs. [Hot and Hormonal]

[ 26. April 2012, 14:18: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

James [Waterworks] please don't mix me up with Evensong.
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by James the Confident:

Evangeline, I like Tim Patrick, Alister McGrath, Tim Costello. Unfortunately there is only one woman on the list.

Thanks James.

Know McGrath but not much about Costello or Patrick. Will keep an eye on them and check out blogs and bios etc. Patrick is doing a PhD in Anglican doctrine. [Eek!]

quote:
James [Waterworks] please don't mix me up with Evensong.

Peace Evangeline.

I reckon you wouldn't mind me so much if we met in real life.
I restrain my overbearingness with new people I meet. . . Usually. [Biased]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Sir Pellinore
Quester Emeritus
# 12163

- Posted      Profile for Sir Pellinore   Email Sir Pellinore   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tim Patrick! Crikey! I hope it's not the one who put a jar of Vegemite in the fire one school cadet camp! Fortunately, it didn't injure anyone. We knew what he did. We kept well away.

If it's him I'd steer well clear!

[Disappointed]

--------------------
Well...

Sir Pellinore
Quester Emeritus
# 12163

This post removed pending discussions.

WW
All Saints Host

[ 27. April 2012, 08:29: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
Well...

Sir Pellinore
Quester Emeritus
# 12163

Bugger! Tried to edit above to eliminate actual name reference to anyone but TP. [Eek!]

--------------------
Well...

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And Evensong, I have your Sexually Transmitted Illness results. Good news- a couple of days of antibiotics and you'll be right as rain. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I've been hoping all week that I would not receive an envelope from Colesworths with a card offering infinitesimal savings if I gave them access to my spending habits, name and address and email which they could both use and sell. I was going to just ignore it.

Now I find one in my letterbox today, I'll still ignore it but had hoped to have been left out.

--------------------

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good news Loth, today only you can get three cards for the invasion of privacy of two.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Good news Loth, today only you can get three cards for the invasion of privacy of two.

I opened the envelope to see what I was ignoring. Every detail is of course slanted their way. They can do what they like whenever they want to and on reading carefully through terms and conditions, the consumer can do little about that but is constantly reminded that by filling in questionnaire, approval is thereby given to the conditions.

What colour are my eyes and how often do I cut finger nails? Well no, those aren't asked but just about everything else is.

[ 27. April 2012, 03:52: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

Lothlorien,

I received a wronly-addresssed letter from Colesworths that I redirected today. I could have forwarded it to you if I'd known that you feel left out! Best to ignore this rubbish - I always send this type of stuff back marked "not at this address".

Yay, it's Friday, and because work is "reorganising" and we're movong office, I must leave the office by 3pm lest I become an OHS hazard to the office movers... [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] I'll come back to a new "structure" on Monday morning to find the deckchairs shuffled and Titanic Pty Ltd is still heading for the iceberg as fast as ever.

Successful trip to the Dr yesterday to find that post-virus blood tests and annual checkup is all good.

We're talking about the Good Shepherd on Sunday, so musts get some cotton wool balls for Sunday School on the way home.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
We're talking about the Good Shepherd on Sunday, so musts get some cotton wool balls for Sunday School on the way home.

Pipe cleaners work for legs unless you are sticking the cottonwool balls to paper. And paddlepop sticks could make a yard and race race if you need to fill in time.

Have fun! Sunday School is definitely not my scene. I stepped in once for four weeks to fill in a vacancy. Three years later I ws still there. I would wake every Sunday and examine things carefully. Was that a twinge? Did that sneeze signify pneumonia and surely I had the beginnings of a migraine. Then something quite different but totally catastrophic hit that church and Sunday school was no more. Nor was the church to all intents and purposes.

--------------------

Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

I try to do a different sheep each year... This year's effort is a download/cutout/stick together bobble-head sheep. Very cute! Cotton wool balls are a mandatory decoration, it's in the rubric!

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

So if I see a bobble head sheep in a car rear window, it's safe bet it comes from SJKS? [Big Grin]

Have just written a strong worded but icily polite email to Sydney buses. Got on 492 an hour or so ago and smelt beer. I assumed it was someone on bus, but no smell inside bus at all. By time I reached train station in next suburb I was glad to be in one piece and able to alight.

Very wild drive, straight over the top of two roundabouts. Driver nearly smashed an adjacent van by pulling into traffic at speed without checking. He pulled up several bus lengths past the stops and shut doors when he decided he'd been there long enough. As I got out, I could smell beer as I went past him. He did not have his ID card in slot above him as is compulsory and he had no uniform or yellow safety vest on.

Frightening enough in a car but to have a driver affected by alcohol driving bus is very unpleasant. Hope email gets through. I've given lots of other ID apart from the driver ID.

--------------------

Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

If the craft doesn't work, it'll be my head bobbing up and down in the back of the car and I'll be screaming to get out [Eek!]

Sound like the bus ride from hell, and you are right to complain. Good luck with this though, I had a similar taxi ride some years ago from the airport, I call the taxi complaint line as soon as I arrived home, and about six months later I received a letter that said "the driver was questioned about the incident and he had no recollection of it" or words to that effect. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I try to do a different sheep each year...

Is it the kiwi in me that has difficulty with this observation?

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

All in jest Evensong, issue was getting mixed up with anyone-not you personally.
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh dear, I'm so sorry I got you both mixed up. Please accept my humble apologies. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
quote:
I try to do a different sheep each year...

Is it the kiwi in me that has difficulty with this observation?
Led with my chin on that one... [Killing me]

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

Evensong said
quote:

And that's a fact. (Don't know about the reservation, though.)

GG

[ 27. April 2012, 18:45: Message edited by: Galloping Granny ]

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Pellinore (ret'd):
This post removed pending discussions.

WW
All Saints Host

Member Admin Tiara On

There is no justification for outing another Shipmate. None. At. All. See you in a month.

And, when you return, bear in mind another stunt like that will lead to a more permanent arrangement.

Member Admin Tiara Off

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
Originally posted by Galloping Granny:
Evensong said
quote:

And that's a fact. (Don't know about the reservation, though.)

GG

[Smile]
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The diocese of Wellington has announced its radical new appointment. I've opened a thread in purg if anyone wants to muse, bemuse or amuse on the kiwi-ocka purple

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Life in all its variety unfolds before me here. Muslim prayers the other day, wedding party today. I have seen other bridal parties arrive but this was different. An old convertible Jaguar and a larger but just as old Bentley (I think) with a divided windscreen frame pulled up.

Bride and bridesmaid and the men in the party got out. The freezing wind was a surprise to them and they hurried across to McDs. That is after one bridesmaid required assistance from the others to pull her strapless dress back up before she fell out of it entirely. Another bridesmaid then decided she wanted Subway, not Mcds so dived into car and came up with a purse and went to Subway instead. Then one came out from McDs and grabbed a cardigan (!) which she put over her very bare, very sheer dress. The bride did not look good. Her dress seemed to be something skintight and stretchy, rolling over several spare tires.

Then a police car and a wagon pulled up and parked either side of the wedding cars. I've seen them park cars in before but they were having a joke. Four policemen alighted, had a laugh with hire car drivers and went into McDs themselves.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We have successfully returned Rowen to her vehicle and the Deep South after her sojourn in warmer climes.

TP, exhibiting true ANZAC spirit, spent Wednesday afternoon out in the bitter wind cutting back our abelia hedge.

Today he was one of the fallen, and spent all day in bed with the rotten cold that had been threatening to engulf him for a couple of days. I did the only caring thing sensible, and took myself off to Goulburn for the day.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Parish farewell... Check
Rowen cried... Check
Presents good.... Check
Rowen feels colder here than she did up north... Check
Rowen staying with friends until the removalist comes on Tuesday... Check
Rowen sad and excited... Check
Rowen will become the woman from Snowy River when she takes up the Frontier Service Patrol on May 1, called "the Snowy River Patrol."... Check
Rowen liked seeing Banner peoples.... Check

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, and I move from an Anglican\UCA parish to a plain old UCA one, and after this xperiemce, I must say I am glad. It will be easier to be me

[ 29. April 2012, 10:36: Message edited by: Rowen ]

--------------------

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

quote:
Originally posted by Rowen:
up north...

?

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

Brassie for a few short days

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  50  51  52 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016