homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Trans-Tasman Titillation - vol: 27 (Page 23)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  50  51  52 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Trans-Tasman Titillation - vol: 27
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy birthday to Huia and AP [Yipee] [Yipee]

From the top of the page! [Big Grin]

[ 28. May 2012, 03:12: Message edited by: James the Confident ]

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dennis the Menace
Shipmate
# 11833

- Posted      Profile for Dennis the Menace   Email Dennis the Menace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Job interview at 2.00pm, prayers for a favourable outcome ascending.

--------------------
"Till we cast our crowns before Him; Lost in wonder, love, and praise."

Posts: 853 | From: Newcastle NSW Australia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by James the Confident:

Happy birthday from me too, but not top of page.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

And from me. Hopes for a day without shakes.

[Yipee]

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:

[coding sorted]

[Hot and Hormonal] Just proves I'm only nearly perfect [Hot and Hormonal]

[Roll Eyes]

A difficult SIDS funeral today. Always so sad. [Tear]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well the good news is mum's initial response to moving her funds into the Catholic Super Fund was

"Catholic as in Roman or as in universal?"

After much muttering and hedging on my part I said

"Roman".

No further response.

Except the next day she rocks up with a brand spanking new book ( that she obviously just bought and read in a day - voracious reader that she is ) on the evils of the Catholic church that I must read.

[Killing me] [Killing me]

Seventy nine and still kicking (albeit more subtly now - she didn't object outright).

[ 29. May 2012, 13:56: Message edited by: Evensong ]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

- Posted      Profile for Mullygrub   Email Mullygrub   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
A difficult SIDS funeral today. Always so sad. [Tear]

Indeed. [Votive]

Evensong, I think your mother and mine would have a rollicking time together [Biased]

Coffee with one of The Young People in the city last night (he's a good egg -- I'm so proud!), then an impromptu cup of tea with Fathergrub to kill time before heading out to the airport to pick up The Interesting One. Yes, he's interesting. As in, interesting. Sadly, seems not to think of me that way. Le sigh [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Smurfs are weird. And so am I.

Posts: 634 | From: Melbskies | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
Well the good news is mum's initial response to moving her funds into the Catholic Super Fund was "Catholic as in Roman or as in universal?"

Except the next day she rocks up with a brand spanking new book ( that she obviously just bought and read in a day - voracious reader that she is ) on the evils of the Catholic church that I must read.

[Killing me] [Killing me]

Seventy nine and still kicking (albeit more subtly now - she didn't object outright).

As another seventy nine and still kicking my first thought was, it might be fun to meet her.

Only what I've just bought and eagerly started on is John Dominic Crossan's The Power of Parable; How Fiction by Jesus Became Fiction About Jesus

Would she go for that, do you think? (Rob Bell's Love Wins comes next but I borrowed one of the minister's copies).

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
GG, if you have a Kindle, Bell's Love Wins is available for it. I bought it several months ago.

[ 30. May 2012, 10:55: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Been busy, but I am sorry to have missed Huia's and AP's birthdays.

Many, happy belated wishes - [Yipee]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
AdamPater
Sacristan of the LavaLamp
# 4431

- Posted      Profile for AdamPater   Email AdamPater   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
<snip>
Like wise my "happpy Birthday" message to Adam Pater, my Ship Twin - hope it was better than mine.

Thank you, and to all. Birthday, Pentecost, PaterMinor's confirmation... and the western derby. [Frown] It was good in great part.

--------------------
Put not your trust in princes.

Posts: 4894 | From: On the left of the big pink bit. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks GG and Lothlorien, I now know what i am going to download for my first kindle book [Yipee] For some reason, not entirely unconnected with being a latter-day luddite, [Hot and Hormonal] I have had some difficulties registering with Amazon, then registering the kindle. Today a long suffering friend is going to help me set things up to actually order books.

I am so looking forward to having access to a wide range of books again. The Central Library is being demolished and the small branches that are the easiest for me to access have such a narrow range.

Good to see you back Pete, and thanks.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

Not luddite, Huia, but perhaps a kind of technological glass ceiling that we can reach at any age. I've regularly used a home computer, starting with an Atari 400 around 1982. I use my MacBook Pro every day, both on-line, including reading story books on Skype to the kids in Canada, and for other stuff like databases, spreadsheet, producing parish magazine etc. But the idea of an iPhone makes me dizzy – I use a mobile for making occasional phone calls ("Put the kettle on, dear, I'm just leaving the supermarket"), and once in a while texting our son, if I can remember how without looking at the book. I couldn't cope with all the other stuff. GPS? I know my way round most of New Zealand and my own city, and I can read a map.
Being a Mac fan, Loth, I'd be more likely to get an iPad than a kindle. But I was in awe of Lloyd Geering, aged 94, sitting next to me at a conference group, checking his emails, looking up data, downloading another book, and more, on his iPad. He amazes everyone.

GG

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Another Mac fan here, GG. I bought the Kindle when I could not see that I would use a Mac. It's easy to fit in my bag and lighter than an iPad. However, about two years after buying the Kindle I also bought an iPad. About two months ago. I love it and may not have bought the Kindle except for portability .

I appreciate being able to change font size with a touch, the screen is fantastic although Kindle is wonderful in sunlight. I have found iPad is usually easier to transfer files to than KIndle which is sometimes temperamental in accepting the formatting of some files.

I knit a lot and drop patterns into Evernote, prop iPad on a stand and have everything clearly in front of me. I have some patterns on the Kindle but the iPad handles charts for lace very much better than the Kindle. On public transport Kindle wins hands down as it's easy to hold like a printed book.

Also have iPhone which was originally a hand me down from DIL who upgraded. I was the third owner of my first iPhone. I now have iPhone 4, not the latest version which is also a hand me down. After having wanted and used only the most basic phone for ever, I made the switch very easily and would not now be without it.

I use a Mac mini and everything all fits together and syncs easily. I transfer files from one device to another easily.

[ 30. May 2012, 22:59: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

- Posted      Profile for Mullygrub   Email Mullygrub   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
I knit a lot and drop patterns into Evernote, prop iPad on a stand and have everything clearly in front of me. I have some patterns on the Kindle but the iPad handles charts for lace very much better than the Kindle.

Loth, you have almost single-handedly, in this one, foul swoop, convinced me to join the i-revoltalution.

On another note, I feel 'tis time to be naming these devices, as Shipmates are wont to do with beloved others, offspring, parentals, etc, etc. Could be fun.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Mullygrub, I've put a couple of photos of this on Flick'r. See here. This is link for first picture only, just move to second.

Not wonderful photos and taken without much regard for light. Light source is actually behind the iPad through big glass doors, so iPad casts a shadow onto left of picture, but I think you'll still see clarity of the pattern.

I have just finished the fifth of this pattern. Having the iPad propped up on stand makes it very easy to see at a glance, much better than a printout. I have iPad set for the longest time setting before screen fades and I just occasionally touch the screen to renew the time.

--------------------

Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

Thanks, Loth, but I'm afraid I couldn't access the picture. Sad! I would love to see what you're working on.

(is there already a knitting thread in Heaven? I've been off the Ship for so long that I feel like I've lost touch with who's doing what and where....)

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Mullygrub:
Thanks, Loth, but I'm afraid I couldn't access the picture. Sad! I would love to see what you're working on.

(is there already a knitting thread in Heaven? I've been off the Ship for so long that I feel like I've lost touch with who's doing what and where....)

Knitting thread? See All hands 2012 Craft thread in Heaven.

Sorry about the pictures. I usually only send pics to Flick'r for family group storage. Will check, I must have still had settings on private.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Mullygrub, I've adjusted settings on these two pictures and a few before that as well, as there are no photos of grandchildren etc in them. You should see them now.

Otherwise have a look here, but you'll need to scroll down a few to find anything much. Knitting has been a bit thin on the ground lately. Well, not knitting so much as finishing! [Hot and Hormonal] Finished shawl a few entries down.

--------------------

Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

quote:
Knitting thread? See All hands 2012 Craft thread in Heaven.

Schwoit! Thanks [Big Grin]

--------------------

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The major benefit of Kindle or any other Ereader is E-ink. It come as close to reading ink on paper as is possible in the electronic era. It also uses much less from the battery than anything with a light source such as any brand of tablet. I love my Ereader.

Brother-in-law's funeral tomorrow at 1400.

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Galloping Granny:

Only what I've just bought and eagerly started on is John Dominic Crossan's The Power of Parable; How Fiction by Jesus Became Fiction About Jesus

Would she go for that, do you think? (Rob Bell's Love Wins comes next but I borrowed one of the minister's copies).

GG

Not her style. But I'd be interested to hear what you think of Crossans book when you finish it. Give us a summary!

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bought Love Wins, successfully downloaded, and started reading. [Yipee] Rob, who helped me understand the system, is one of the most patient people I know. It's really great having people who can share their knowledge without leaving you feeling dumb for not knowing - (though he has been known to call me a doofus when I turned up on a Wednesday for a regular Thursday meeting [Hot and Hormonal] ).

Then I went to the library and got another 5 tree books out and managed the self-service issue machine smoothly. Until now I have needed to call on Library staff each time. Once there were 3 of them helping, and no one could work out what was wrong. Last time they replaced my card, so it seems that was the problem all along.

Now off to look for free or cheap downloads, especially old favourites.

Huia

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Project Gutenberg, Huia. If you search you will find others.

Amazon also has some occasionally. Be aware, AMazon UK won't sell to down here. Has to be USA site.

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

Loth, my knitting passion in my youth was Fair Isle. When I met an old Uni classmate almost fifty-odd years on, the first thing he asked me was 'Did I ever pay for the wool for that sweater you knitted me?' (You bet he did.)
Later it was socks, mainly double-knit for the kids for tramping in the holidays – I'd knit while husband drove. Sometimes the old Fair Isle skills came out and I knitted names round the tops.
Now that my source of plain-coloured wool socks has dried up, I'm about to start knitting my own again, but 4-ply this time. I look forward to rediscovering the satisfaction of producing a well-turned heel.
My only other recent knitting has been peggy squares, knit diagonally, for cot blankets for each of my daughter's children. I have a supply put by in the hope that DIL will get around to producing offspring one of these days.

GG

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

Huia, I've managed the self-issue when I used the central library, but the self-checkout at the supermarket has me stumped. Even the fact that I'm using my own cloth bag starts me out on the wrong foot.

GG

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Galloping Granny:
Huia, I've managed the self-issue when I used the central library, but the self-checkout at the supermarket has me stumped. Even the fact that I'm using my own cloth bag starts me out on the wrong foot.

GG

I won't use them. We did once when I had a pile of stuff from kea just before I moved in. I think that when the big bosses think people are used to self checkout, then some more jobs suddenly disappear.

GG, my feet hate commercial socks and slide blissfully into my hand knits. Grandkids now have uniform socks most of the week but all used to beg for new pairs .

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

The only time I've tried self issue at a supermarket I was treated as an idiot on the spot, (instead of them just lauging about me once I had left) so I refuse to do that again. It didn't help that I couldn't hear the "helper" either.

One day when I'm brave I might try the smaller supermarket where they treat even daft customers as human beings, and have been known to follow me out of the shop with my left behind eftpos card [Hot and Hormonal]

Loth, thanks to the link to Project Gutenberg.

Getting used to a kindle is a bit like the department store I went into yesterday looking for a couple of tops. The selection was so overwhelming I left without any.

Huia

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

As for buying tops...
I get a new colour of the same one every so often. Bought one (Pick-a-berry) on Wednesday for $25. Today the Grandad announced he needed some retail therapy (??? this is unheard-of!!!) so we went back to the same big red shop and he bought a pair of shoes – and there were those same tops marked 50% off. They don't even warn the staff – the checkout clerk said she'd bought a duvet for $150, and a few days later they were $75.
Usual greeting here: a box of deteriorating crab apples for me to play with. With a couple of lemons and some pectin I should have a few jars of jelly to take to church on Sunday.
Can't spend a holiday just sitting reading – though Crossan is getting some serious study.
Friday of Queen's Birthday and the Jafas are arriving (Jafa: Just Another F(riendly) Aucklander).

GG

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
BL gallops in, *waves*... gallops out again...phew!

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
BL gallops in, *waves*... gallops out again...phew!

Bit chilly down your way for Lady Godiva. Perhaps John Wesley and his horse? [Biased]

--------------------

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

Funeral went well. The best I have observed done by a celebrant. He had a really good mix of the sacred and secular. I was asked to read Psalm 23. He then went on to explain why it was included in the service and did a very good job of it.

My sister is OK but I think it will start to sink in very soon.

I had a bit of a melt down on Thursday night, a combination of working with death and dying and being faced with one of the family, just seven months younger than me.

We are are having a small family lunch today before the Albury and Adelaide contingencies go home.

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Funeral went well. The best I have observed done by a celebrant. He had a really good mix of the sacred and secular. I was asked to read Psalm 23. He then went on to explain why it was included in the service and did a very good job of it.

[Votive] James, even from my biased perspective, I have occasionally encountered a good celebrant.
Please be gentle with yourself as you work through this loss.

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

Ongoing prayers for you and your fanily James [Votive]

Are you going to manage to give yourself some nurturing time?

GG I like Pickaberry too. I tend to find a top or pants I like, then buy 2 - which is a bit boring I suppose. Once last year some stunning clothes caught my eye so I wnt into a shop and tried them on. They looked revolting on me. So much for being adventurous!

Still, grey weather here today, with the earth moving more than the air [Roll Eyes]

Huia

--------------------

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

I shall try to nurture myself but first I have to finish tomorrow's sermon! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

Sermon finished!

Now I can watch Heartbeat with a clear conscience. [Big Grin]

[ 02. June 2012, 07:49: Message edited by: James the Confident ]

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Heartbeat

Is that back? Holy macaroni! I was married to someone different last time I heard of that.

[ 02. June 2012, 08:39: Message edited by: Zappa ]

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

quote:
Originally posted by Huia:

GG I like Pickaberry too. I tend to find a top or pants I like, then buy 2 - which is a bit boring I suppose. Once last year some stunning clothes caught my eye so I wnt into a shop and tried them on. They looked revolting on me. So much for being adventurous!

Huia

Problem with Pickaberry:
I have an almost double in our congregation. We are the same size and shape, short grey hair etc. (She is two years older than me.) We each wear similar clothes – no, she wears skirts and I wear trousers, but people notice the top half first. I bet the Pickaberry top I've just bought is the same colour as her new one.

And people from the Anglican church down the road still confuse us. They bowl up to me in the street and say 'Hello Phyl!' and I have to put them right. Recent arrivals in our own congo sometimes get us mixed up.

Only, the Grandad is bemused. He says I'm much better looking than her. So sweet!

James – thinking of you.
[Votive]

GG

[ 02. June 2012, 11:13: Message edited by: Galloping Granny ]

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

One of my big sisters was baptised and confirmed today.

[Yipee] [Yipee]

Bizarre how God works I tellsya. Bizarre.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We have now acquired a Staffy.

This is one of the downsides of having a house member who works in a hospital. B4 has a staph infection of the face. She cannot kiss anyone. It hurts. it's ugly.

She appears silently at times, big soulful eyes looking up at you, begging for affection. There's a lot of snarling and growling and gnashing of teeth. She is extremely hostile at the thought of visitors.

At meal times she takes her food and disappears to eat it privately.

Yep. We have acquired a Staffy.
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I hope B4 gets better quickly. Mum picked up a staph infection on the back of a hand. It had to be treated with all sorts of stuff and tablets and kept covered at all times. It took ages to heal and re-appeared a few months later in same spot, so it was obviously just dormant for a while. We couldn't trace where it came from.

Does she have a TV in her room? If she's staying away from people she won't be happy at all.

[ 03. June 2012, 23:12: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

[Votive] B4

It is distressing to hear this. Staph infections are almost always caused by the over use of antibiotics. Then they get passed on to staff in the hospitals.

Rant// Only yesterday a man at church who has a cold was telling me he is on antibiotics but they don't seem to help. Of course they don't, they don't kill viral infections, just bacteria! Why do GPs insist on prescribing inappropriate medications? [Mad] // end rant.

I do hope B4 gets well soon and is not at risk of reinfection. [Votive]

Sermon seemed to go well yesterday.

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Heartbeat

Is that back? Holy macaroni! I was married to someone different last time I heard of that.
7Two, three nights a week!

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
...Rant// Only yesterday a man at church who has a cold was telling me he is on antibiotics but they don't seem to help. Of course they don't, they don't kill viral infections, just bacteria! Why do GPs insist on prescribing inappropriate medications? [Mad] // end rant...

I think it is because patients EXPECT to be given a tablet so GPs cave in and prescribe without thinking of/worrying about the consequences. Thankfully my last few GPs have been very anti this practice.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

Was about to comment that all this talk of "Steph Infections" was giving me a complex / making me feel like The Centre Of Attention... and then I remembered that my real name doesn't show up here, only my Ship name..... [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

--------------------

vascopyjama
Shipmate
# 1953

- Posted      Profile for vascopyjama   Email vascopyjama   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hi BL

Staffies are a gift from God! As I type I have one sitting on my knee doggy purring... 12 months ago he was aloof and grumpy..... Scared me round other dogs. Turns out he was waiting for me to be alpha dog (comes naturally of course) once he felt safe.. Mellow or what now!! And he is the daggiest dog. See pets do resemble their owners!

--------------------
Behold the duck. The scent of a wet dog. The familiar ahh of your own bed. Things to ponder.

Posts: 298 | From: The Sea of Turbidity | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

quote:

Does she have a TV in her room? If she's staying away from people she won't be happy at all.

Double bed facing TV, surround sound, entertainment centre, games and a laptop with bells and whistles, craft table and desk. She's fine. She's been earning a good wage and living at home for over four years now. Wish my bedroom was as well equipped!

But no, she's not a happy camper. At least the infection appears to be receding and the hospital is quite happy for her NOT to be there at the moment. Plus MiL is with us and providing all the nanna sympathy she needs.

TP didn't help by threatening to paint a black cross on her door. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
TP didn't help by threatening to paint a black cross on her door. [Roll Eyes]

[Killing me]

[Votive] B4

We now have a third calf rushing around the paddock.

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

quote:
Originally posted by rexory:
7Two, three nights a week!

Ah ... I haven't worked out yet what these things with additional numbers are.

Meanwhile I am somewhat indisposed after a nasty back spasm (tautology) yesterday. [Frown] That'll learn me for trying to work on my car ... a wholly unsuccessful attempt to fit replacement driving lights.

--------------------

Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
BLowing a gale (category 2 cyclonic winds), raining and cold tonight in Sydney. Was supposed to be going out tonight but the traffic is rubbish and roads flooded, blocked etc so stuck at home [Waterworks]
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  50  51  52 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016