homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Trans-Tasman Titillation - vol: 27 (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  50  51  52 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Trans-Tasman Titillation - vol: 27
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Celebrating Australia Day [Biased]

Thanks are not necessary.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Clarence:
quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
Apparently she and her friends have decided tonight's
theme is Oz Goth. So she has on black lace shorts, red white and blue fishnet stockings, black connies, a red singlet with a black waistcoat over the top and red white and blue ribbons in her red and blue streaked hair.

Damn, I'm feeling old!

..do I detect envy BL?

Definitely. Especially as I failed to mention the knee high spider socks, pirate arm bands, red and blue eye-liner, the rhinestone Southern Cross glued on her cheek and the two Gothic crosses around her neck.

Just one of the crowd, really. And she thinks I'm weird for wearing an alb every Sunday!
[Razz]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
Apparently she and her friends have decided tonight's
theme is Oz Goth. So she has on black lace shorts, red white and blue fishnet stockings, black connies, a red singlet with a black waistcoat over the top and red white and blue ribbons in her red and blue streaked hair.

Dare I ask what connies are?
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Evangeline: FYI connies

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

ozowen
Shipmate
# 8935

- Posted      Profile for ozowen   Author's homepage   Email ozowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hey PeteC, perlease! Fosters is basically diluted cat piss. Not to be drunk when beer is required.

--------------------
Without stupid people we would have no one to laugh at, so take time to thank a creationist for their contribution.

Posts: 2933 | From: The Never Never, Australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Australia Day shipmates. [Smile]

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Australia Day there from folks just embarked on Republic Day here.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

- Posted      Profile for Athrawes   Email Athrawes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Republic Day, Wodders! The doglet got to go to the Australia Day breakfast given by my neighbours. She obviously thought the whole thing was put on for her benefit, and had a lovely time telling everyone how badly I treat her, making up to anyone who might give her some toast or a bit of sausage, and marking her new territory. Anyone want a small dog? Blanket and lambie included.

[ 26. January 2012, 01:53: Message edited by: Athrawes ]

--------------------
Explaining why is going to need a moment, since along the way we must take in the Ancient Greeks, the study of birds, witchcraft, 19thC Vaudeville and the history of baseball. Michael Quinion.

Posts: 2966 | From: somewhere with a book shop | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by ozowen:
Hey PeteC, perlease! Fosters is basically diluted cat piss. Not to be drunk when beer is required.

Yeah, I know. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Clarence:
2012 salutations to all our Ship friends. May the year ahead be good to you!

FD and I spent the first few minutes of his new employment meeting members of the congregation and watching far distant fireworks on the bay and in the city. It will be an exciting year for us I think!

Good to hear it - hope to get out to your neck of the woods someday. I plan to be still surfing when I am in my seventies!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dennis the Menace
Shipmate
# 11833

- Posted      Profile for Dennis the Menace   Email Dennis the Menace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Amen, borther, Amen

--------------------
"Till we cast our crowns before Him; Lost in wonder, love, and praise."

Posts: 853 | From: Newcastle NSW Australia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Have had a very quiet day here. Have had Miss M since Sunday but she went home last night after big dinner for #2 son's major birthday.

We've been out and about at museums etc every day and saw 3D Tintin yesterday before dinner. We enjoyed it . I thought much was borrowed from Pirates of Caribbean.

Big nana nap after lunch today and will be early tonight. Have had BBQ and salad for lunch and watched the cricket. Very quiet apart from some very heavy rain several times today. More rain coming over.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To those in our largest offshore island - I hope your Australia Day was fun.

quote:
Quoth Huiia
quote:
rather like my reaction to the film version of Mary Poppins about 50 years ago.
Just how old are you?
Ozowen, you make me sound like Methuselah's Grandma. I was tempted to reply with the answer I always received as a child when I asked that question - "as old as my tongue and a bit younger than my teeth" - which always annoyed the hell out of me. I'm 59 in May. Age is a funny thing - I don't feel that old. One of the large government departments has its call centre staff ask your age next birthday as a security question, and I always get it wrong and say 49. When they question me further I always say that if I was fraudulent then I'd ensure I got it right - which bamboozles them.

Athrawes - the course is NCEA (National Certificate in Educational Achievement - I think) level 2, which is year 12 level. I think there is some kind of National Certificate at the end of it, but I'm doing it out of interest as I felt woefully ignorant about things Maori. I reluctantly decided learning the language would be a bit difficult, given my hearing loss, but learning more of Tikanga Maori (the Maori way of doing things) should be achievable.

I'm really enjoying it and have found I am building on things I already knew and the Maori-English dictionary they sent me is my new best friend (sorry Google).

We have been told heavy rain is expected overnight. I hope it happens as I'm about to plant my next crop of mizuma tomorrow as it is one of the 3 days a week I can water the garden. Some extra moisture from on high would be very welcome.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Huia, I'll gladly send you some rain. Deluges through the day here and rain has been forecast for about the next ten days to add to what seems like the last two months.

Somehow I seem to have lost my good umbrella which was new last year. Miss M and I used two old ones when we went to movies yesterday. I've since thrown them out before I poke someone's eye with spikes. WIll need to buy another one as I've looked everywhere for my good one.

[ 26. January 2012, 08:51: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

ozowen
Shipmate
# 8935

- Posted      Profile for ozowen   Author's homepage   Email ozowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Huia- you're heaps young. For some reason I had you as a lot younger, but there ya go. Us folks in our 50's are definitely young though.
(except in the morning, after exercise and when looking for keys!)

--------------------
Without stupid people we would have no one to laugh at, so take time to thank a creationist for their contribution.

Posts: 2933 | From: The Never Never, Australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

B4 has just returned from an Australia Day party at a friends which ended when the ambulance arrived to take one young man to Emergency. Apparently, rather tanked, he decided to walk off the roof of a two story building. B4 saw him fall. He landed on his feet before falling and smashing his face in. There is the possibility of spinal and brain injury. She and her friends are very traumatized. Boys, booze and bravado are not a good combination.

[Votive] for Ross. May he recover enough to never do this again.

--------------------

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
BL-- [Votive]

Ozo, I think I remember my fifties. It was only last year--I think! [Confused]

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

That's awful, BL. [Votive]

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nice to enjoy non-dangerous activities yesterday, taking the Curly Family to the Picasso exhibition, and then to a rather funky interactive installation at The Museum of Contemporary Art. Recommended.

One cricket off today, one doubtful. Very damp here, although only damp, not flooding.

BTW, I've published my second book. Not the literary masterpiece of the first (cough) but fun just the same. See all about it on my blog - link below.

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Seventies are the new fifties, so I'm with you young folk – until November.

But because of our un-fiftyish aspects (everything works but not as well as it used to) we engaged a student with landscape gardening experience to come and remove 7.5 cubic metres of growth that had got out of hand on the property – 16 hours' work. Wow! We can walk along the back path and up to the street! We can see the fence!* The trees are no longer hanging over the house! There's room for a barbecue where there was several years' accumulation of branches and stuff waiting for a bin (not our barbecue, but there's the street event tomorrow)! And when the student and the neighbour (on whose car pad the bin was parked) had jumped on the contents of the bin there was room for the neighbour's stuff – and then after some more jumping, another neighbour was able to get rid of his cut stuff.

* Only I was then rash enough to start painting the fence, which was foolish because my right shoulder, which has left its fifties well behind and had been seriously damaged picking up smallest grandson, insisted that this was Not a Good Idea.

Belated good wishes to all Aussies for Australia Day. We have Waitangi Day on 6 Feb which this year gives us a long weekend – cheers for the workers.

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

- Posted      Profile for Athrawes   Email Athrawes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations on finding your garden, GG - I love the image of jumping on the bin [Big Grin]

Does anyone know if there is a place to forward dodgy e-mails? I've received 2 in the last few days - one obviously phishing, and the other assuming I was a business which had received a serious complaint; to see details, I had to click on a link [Roll Eyes] I'd like to forward them onto someone who could deal with them, if at all possible, as I despise Internet fraud.

In news from the madhouse, I was woken at 0:dark hundred by Claudius Agrippa telling me someone was trying to murder him. It was a really tiny peachface, which has obviously escaped from his home, and come to mine. I swear they get given my address along with their feather ration. Anyway, a good part of an hour later, small bird is now living in my loungeroom, while I work out how to find his owners. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Explaining why is going to need a moment, since along the way we must take in the Ancient Greeks, the study of birds, witchcraft, 19thC Vaudeville and the history of baseball. Michael Quinion.

Posts: 2966 | From: somewhere with a book shop | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Athrawes, the ACMA now has an email address to which you can forward spam, detailed on their page about spam. It's a lot easier than the previous online form that aimed to capture all the internet headers, etc. I'm a regular user.

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Posts: 946 | From: Mount Fairy, NSW | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

Thanks Vulpior. I've forwarded the e-mails.

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Curly:

BTW, I've published my second book. Not the literary masterpiece of the first (cough) but fun just the same. See all about it on my blog - link below.

mr curly

Bought it - 99c is such a lot of money [Big Grin]

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by rexory:
quote:

mr curly

I think you're the first! Hope you get a laugh out of it.

mr curly

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Athrawes:
In news from the madhouse, I was woken at 0:dark hundred by Claudius Agrippa telling me someone was trying to murder him. It was a really tiny peachface, which has obviously escaped from his home, and come to mine. I swear they get given my address along with their feather ration. Anyway, a good part of an hour later, small bird is now living in my loungeroom, while I work out how to find his owners. [Roll Eyes]

It may be little but it knows a sanctuary when it finds one.

Big milestone for Christchurch - the first new multi-storey building has been started. It's only 4 storeys, but it's a psychological boost.

Huia

--------------------

Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

Yay Huia! When is the completion date? And have the aftershocks eased off any?

[ 28. January 2012, 06:28: Message edited by: Athrawes ]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
quote:

mr curly

Went to get it but Kindle needs charging. I have conflicting travel advice from my nannas! One would arrive 20 seconds before train pulled out. Wouldn't do well with boarding planes these days. The other could be 2.5 hours early for the hour long trip to her son in Wollongong.

[ 28. January 2012, 07:58: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

mr curly

I think you're the first! Hope you get a laugh out of it.

mr curly

If Rexory's ribs are still healing, I hope the laugh will be an inward one.

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

There you go Mr Curly, you can eat this week, I just bought both, having charged Kindle. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

Good job, Loth and Rexory. Reviews on amazon greatly appreaciated - if you like it! (Rex is already leading the way on this)

2 out of three back to school tomorrow - Middle starting high school. Biggest gets and extra day off.

This week, I'm going exercise, write lots, and stop eating Christmas treats.

mr curly

--------------------

Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have also been shopping on Amazon. That probably gives the Curly family bread or milk this week.

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Posts: 946 | From: Mount Fairy, NSW | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Just to say thank you to those who sent a prayer up for Ross. He has been discharged from hospital with just an ankle broken badly and contusions to the face. Miraculously he recovered his memory swiftly, did not have a broken nose as first thought, nor any other seriously debilitating permanent injuries. Let's hope he has been delivered of the desire to airwalk when drunk as well.

B4 is greatly relieved the outcome was much better than first thought possible. She acknowledges "Someone was sure looking after him." Praise God.

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

Such a relief, BL. [Votive] Ross

mr curly

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

I sometimes think there must be a patron saint of drunks. Good news Banner Lady.

Demolition of houses written off by the quakes and sold to the government has started. There are around 6 thousand houses affected. I am beginning to understand the term 'survivor guilt' as I catch up with people when I'm out shopping. It's bad enough when people who are fully insured have lost their houses, (because the fine print on the policy often doesn't mean what they thought it meant) but when the land is no longer fit for building on, and any 'safe' land is way more expensive then ... I just don't know what to say. And as for those who were not insured - there but for my insurance company go I (some had just missed a payment due to the disruption of the quakes - I missed one myself, but caught it a day later and bussed across town to pay it manually because I was scared it might happen to me, but was told my company gives a couple of weeks grace.

Athrawes, the aftershocks are lessening in both intensity and size, but we went through a quieter time between September and February, then February and June then June and December, so who knows? One the other hand the fault that started it all is now showing further signs of stress.

Which all goes to remind me I must organise my emergency kit again.

Huia

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*Ahem*, Huia:
quote:
Sorry, that member's private message mailbox is full. Please try sending your private message another time, or perhaps to someone else. You could try posting a message for the intended recipient on the "Your PM box is full" thread in All Saints, but he/she probably won't be reading that thread. Very few people ever do.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
I'm about to plant my next crop of mizuma tomorrow

Is it legal? Can you smoke it?

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

I hope it can't be smoked otherwise all the dopeheads around wou;d be in my garden - I stopped growing poppies because of this.

PM box cleared - and to think I was muttering about another shipmate for the same reason [Hot and Hormonal]

Huia

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I've just had a conversation with Rowen. She's unexpectedly in Sydney tomorrow after a mix up in changing work cars. She's wondering if anyone would like to have lunch? That's tomorrow, Thursday, February 1.

I'm available. Anyone else? Haven't thought of a place yet. She'll be "worshipping at shrine of David Jones," but happy to go elsewhere. (Her words!)

[ 31. January 2012, 02:15: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Possibly Wagamama or Arthouse Hotel which is practically next door. Rowen doesn't mind whatever is decided.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

[Hot and Hormonal] [Hot and Hormonal] Mea culpa. Could some host please correct my spelling of Rowen's name in the second post above? It's Rowen. Many thanks.

Edit had passed.

--------------------

Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

Give her my greetings when you see her, Lothlorien.

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

Sorry, can't make lunch tomorrow.

mr curly

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
[Hot and Hormonal] [Hot and Hormonal] Mea culpa. Could some host please correct my spelling of Rowen's name in the second post above? It's Rowen. Many thanks.

Edit had passed.

Done.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
quote:

Edit had passed.

Done.
Many thanks WW. I was careless.

If anyone flies into Sydney tomorrow and wants lunch with us or suddenly has a free spot in their diary, we have arranged for 12:00 at Wagamama in the Galeries, near Town Hall Station.

PM me and I'll give you mobile number if needed.

--------------------

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I've just had a conversation with Rowen. She's unexpectedly in Sydney tomorrow after a mix up in changing work cars. She's wondering if anyone would like to have lunch? That's tomorrow, Thursday, February 1.

I'm available. Anyone else? Haven't thought of a place yet. She'll be "worshipping at shrine of David Jones," but happy to go elsewhere. (Her words!)

Umm, I make tomorrow Wednesday the 1st of February, either that or I have missed a day at work! [Ultra confused] [Confused]

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Thanks, James. More [Hot and Hormonal] . Are you planning on being here? Quick plane trip up and back. [Big Grin] It is tomorrow, Wednesday 1/2/12.

You could spend time browsing in Kinokuniya books.

[ 31. January 2012, 04:08: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

quote:
Originally posted by Huia:

PM box cleared - and to think I was muttering about another shipmate for the same reason [Hot and Hormonal]

I've never had enough PMs (sort of have to be careful how one writes that) to need asking [Waterworks]

First reaol monsoon day since we've been here today. According to my rain gauage just on 250mm has fallen since 3.00 am. It's kinda stopped now.

I've been on the phone to wankydilla friends, too, who are disappearing under water but are, I'm assured, all safe and well.

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

Return of the Happy Dance.

Today, I received the first completely independent review of my first book. Don't get me wrong, friends writing good reviews is very valuable, but when someone in the UK who writes a lot of reviews is willing to say this about your work, it's a big boost!

Pumped out 3000 words on a new project today to celebrate. Hoping to wind up first draft of this long short story (12000 words) this week.

mr curly

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Woohoo! Mr C!

Nice to have a resident genius on the thread... [Smile]

TP on the other hand, has declared he will never own a kindle because he simply loves the tactile experience of old books. He is as happy as a pig in mud today because a small four volume set of Alexander Pope's poetry (published 1835) arrived in the post today. Cost all of 40 bucks from The Old Clothier's Arms in Gloucester. It is the closest I have ever seen him to positively gloating.

Am expecting to be regaled with ancient verse when I climb into bed tonight! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  50  51  52 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016