homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Trans-Tasman Titillation - vol: 27 (Page 51)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Trans-Tasman Titillation - vol: 27
rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
... whereas my board name is the logical creation of a mature person - me! Though some would debate the "mature" [Big Grin] We used to breed Cornish Rex cats and live in a rectory; so "Rexory" became the name of our cattery. Even my car rego is REXORY1 !

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]
quote:
I am pleased to inform you that we have accepted your manuscript for publication under our WIPF & STOCK imprint.
[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]
Fifty Shades of Purple?
Congratulations!

Well, I now have two through school. This one is disappointed with her score, but I think she's done perfectly well and I love her to bits.

And, in other news: My job is crap.

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]
quote:
I am pleased to inform you that we have accepted your manuscript for publication under our WIPF & STOCK imprint.
[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]
Fifty Shades of Purple?
Congratulations!

Well, I now have two through school. This one is disappointed with her score, but I think she's done perfectly well and I love her to bits.

And, in other news: My job is crap.

Oh Mavis--oops, LatA. I do hope things improve for you. In my book you are still amazing! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dennis the Menace
Shipmate
# 11833

- Posted      Profile for Dennis the Menace   Email Dennis the Menace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just back from a 12 day cruise to the Barrier Reef,Cairns, Airlie Beach and Brisbane. Very relaxing, just wish the house would stop moving about and that dinner would appear on the table!!!

--------------------
"Till we cast our crowns before Him; Lost in wonder, love, and praise."

Posts: 853 | From: Newcastle NSW Australia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
Congratulations Zappa.

From one family of ++Rowanolaters to another, how did you like his Christmas letter? We thought it was both great and made it clear why he had been harassed and hounded from office. He's just too humble and gentle for so many.

Can it be found on the internet?

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Picked up doing some work on the Passion for next year this morning, and became very anxious about the whole thing. It has always been a "problem" that it revolves around me as director/driver, but we have talked about that and acknowledged it, if not layed down some plans for a sustainable future.

It has become very clear to me today that I'm not up to doing it all again. I definitely have permission and support from the church to give it away, but the grief for the impact my illness has had and that the play will probably wind up or at least have a hiatus is very acute.

Thanks for your support through both these journeys over the years, and for this one now.

It will all be ok. It's just very painful today.

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's a shame.

You did a great job.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
GG, I've never tried UBB code before, but this is the link:

Archbishop's message

If it does not work, at least you can copy and paste. It's well worth reading. His going is a great loss to Anglicans everywhere.

[Dead simple, really, and the first bit I learnt. Under your reply box is a set of buttons. Having copied your URL beforehand, click on the URL button, paste link in the window appears, click enter, add descriptor, click enter and you're done. Five years-olds do this before breakfast every morning. Practice in the Styx.]

[ 19. December 2012, 10:32: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It works, Gee D.
Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks LKK. Now I'll have to work on giving a name to the link, such as "++Rowan's Letter" That looks hard.

--------------------

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

You dont have to do it in UBB code.
Just click on the Instant UBB code below the edit box and you will asked to 1) provide the URL, and then 2) give the link your description.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

Thanks - I'll practise on the way home in the train this evening.

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you GeeD. A grace-filled and inspiring message that spurs me to look for the positive moments in our own turbulent PCANZ (Presbyterian Church of Aotearoa New Zealand).

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Curly:
Picked up doing some work on the Passion for next year this morning, and became very anxious about the whole thing. It has always been a "problem" that it revolves around me as director/driver, but we have talked about that and acknowledged it, if not layed down some plans for a sustainable future.

It has become very clear to me today that I'm not up to doing it all again. I definitely have permission and support from the church to give it away, but the grief for the impact my illness has had and that the play will probably wind up or at least have a hiatus is very acute.

Thanks for your support through both these journeys over the years, and for this one now.

It will all be ok. It's just very painful today.

mr curly

May you find peace and restfulness in this undesired change of direction. One could make all sorts of trite comments and I won't, but I think you are a person who will in the end discover blessings in what comes to pass.
[Votive]

GG

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

Not a good way to feel, Mr Curly . You say you cannot do it all. Can you do some, such as overall supervision of others dealing with particular tasks?

and glad that you found the message inspiring GG . It's not really denominational.

Prayers for you both in the tricky positions you're in.

[ 19. December 2012, 07:53: Message edited by: Gee D ]

--------------------

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr. Curly,
It is hard to let something you have invested so much time and energy into go. If it fails or goes into a hiatus, you've done your best.

Try to treasure that and allow others to succeed or fail.

Sermon over.

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks GD, GG and JtC. Feeling a bit better about it all tonight. The possibility of handing over to various degrees has been explored in the past, and while not ruled out, it seems unlikely.

Some relaxing needed before sleep.

mr curly

[ 19. December 2012, 10:37: Message edited by: Mr Curly ]

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So, 6 days ago B3 rang saying "MUm, My WatErs JUst BroKE, hOw soON cAn yoU gET HerE to look after B3.2????"

B3's due date was January 1, and she's a four hour drive away. To cut a long story short: I got myself down the highway in record time; the contractions slowed. Baby arrived 3 weeks early but perfectly healthy at 10am the next morning. B3 had her standing up - yes it was that quick- and she and the babe were home again the same day. Admitted at 8.30 am. Home by 4.30pm

GEEZ but I breed 'em tuff. And PTL for my new grand-daughter who is the spitting image of her Mum as a baby. It was like hitting the re-wind button when I held her.

And all being positively fantastic, I am now home, rejoicing in the advent of B3.3.

And the Angels sang.
[Smile]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How lovely!

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations to all, Banner Lady.

(All mine were three weeks early too. In January's heat I was grateful to have it over for #2 son before February arrived.)

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lovely Christmas present for everyone BL and what timing, do you have any nativity plays that need the star performer? [Biased]
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

Congratulations from us BL. And what Evangeline said also. It could be the start of a career.

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

Let the feasting begin!

Mr curly

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Some of us have distinctly unpleasant memories of the ABC's attempt at replacing Carols from Kings with a programme from St Andrew's, Sydney. The choir master and his choir tried hard but were overcome by the grinning jack-in-the-box antics of the Dean. All in English too, of course. Some of us turned it off, I used the mute button on all but the music.

I and others wrote to the AbC and protested about the programme, suggesting they find somewhere who knew how to do such services.

I've just seen that it will be broadcast tomorrow evening on Channel 2 at 6:00 pm and comes from St Peter's cathedral in Adelaide. Hopefully much better than last year.

[ 23. December 2012, 07:43: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For those who'd like to see the grinning jack-in-the-box antics (that's a fantastic description Loth) of the Dean, the SYdAng website triumphantly announces that it is to be replayed on the ABC at 7am Christmas morning. I don't want to be put off my Christmas lunch so I might sleep-in instead. [Biased]
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Evangeline:
For those who'd like to see the grinning jack-in-the-box antics (that's a fantastic description Loth) of the Dean, the SYdAng website triumphantly announces that it is to be replayed on the ABC at 7am Christmas morning. I don't want to be put off my Christmas lunch so I might sleep-in instead. [Biased]

Thanks for the warning.

Just the thing for the parent of young children who has been woken far too early by offspring on Christmas morning.

I think I'm safe. Morning TV fills me with dread even when it's not Christmas and it's never turned on at all.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Carols from St Peter's in Adelaide was as different from the dreadful programme of last year as it possibly could be. Vestments, candles, bells, incense, Gospel procession and lot of old carols, many possibly new to some viewers.

I enjoyed it although son was on phone some of the time and I needed to pay attention to him.

Last year I wrote a fairly condemning email to the ABC about the rubbish they served up. I wrote again just now with thanks and congratulations for the turnaround. Sure the sound was patchy in a coup of spots and I could find some minor things I didn't like, but overall it was excellent.

No, I won't be watching the re-run of last year's feeble attempt which is being shown again tomorrow morning.

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Agreed about St Peter's carols, Loth. Restores my pride in being Anglican [Smile]

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I am waiting for a courier to ring the security here. My fruit delivery didn't arrive yesterday as courier said there was no such address. Neither I nor the the business owner is very happy about it. He ha d three days of orders to deliver yestrday so farmed some out to a courier.

I need to be out of here to catch bus to church by 8:15. Courier was promised at 8:00. One minute to go. If he's much later, I may just be posting in Hell on christmas Day.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Still no courier. A very hellish [Mad] A delivery in next few minutes and I could catch cab. 8:49.

[ 24. December 2012, 20:50: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I seem to be monopolising this thread but my delivery has finally arrived at 1025 am. I queried the 8:00 am time I was told. He was busy it seems. I told him I waited all day yestrday and should have been gone by 8:15 today. Grunt grunt and walked off.

I would hope his company isn't used again.

Now to take mini pavlovas from oven. Had 10 done but now need 15.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Christ is born. Hallelujah!

Saw Christmas Day in at midnight mass in Goulburn, and drove home with TP through a silent night, calm and bright after all the early storm activity. A lovely night cap where we toasted our Lord's birth, and asleep by 3am.

Awake at 9.30am, turkey is cooking, and Handel's Messiah is filling the house. Our first quiet Christmas in 34 years.

Hallelujah!!! Hallelujah!!! [Yipee]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh Loth that's awful

My Christmas Day plans fell through due to the illness of the person with whom i was meant to be having lunch. This means I have eaten w-a-a-y too much of the nicest cake I've ever baked as well as some my home grown peas. The only thing I'm missing is the crackers.

The service this morning was special too and afterwards when I was waiting at the bus stop the mimister picked me up in his car and brought me home, which saved me waiting in the drizzle.

Merry Christmas everyone.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

Monday morning feeling tired – back for a week after leaving Mataragi, nothing seemed to be ready, cake not iced, cake for the kids had sunk seriously in the middle – like my mum I cook the cake in a ring tin so that it can't sink in the middle but I only have one ring tin. I was really wishing Christmas would just go away.
Then the phone rang. A man who had to sit with his leg up after a knee operation had (plucked up courage?) to ring and see whether the woman who writes letters to the paper was his nice English teacher of 1969. I was, and we had such an interesting conversation. We both recalled an earthquake when we were in an upstairs classroom, when we all froze until I said 'I suppose we ought to get under our desks' and we did.
It made my day.
And Christmas Day was Christmas Day. Christus natus est and all is well. We expected showers; we got sun, temperature 29°C which is more than I can handle but we coaxed a breeze through the house.
Loth, I hope it all came right for you too.

GG

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Galloping Granny:
Monday morning feeling tired – back for a week after leaving Mataragi, nothing seemed to be ready, cake not iced, cake for the kids had sunk seriously in the middle – like my mum I cook the cake in a ring tin so that it can't sink in the middle but I only have one ring tin. I was really wishing Christmas would just go away.
Then the phone rang. A man who had to sit with his leg up after a knee operation had (plucked up courage?) to ring and see whether the woman who writes letters to the paper was his nice English teacher of 1969. I was, and we had such an interesting conversation. We both recalled an earthquake when we were in an upstairs classroom, when we all froze until I said 'I suppose we ought to get under our desks' and we did.
It made my day.
And Christmas Day was Christmas Day. Christus natus est and all is well. We expected showers; we got sun, temperature 29°C which is more than I can handle but we coaxed a breeze through the house.
Loth, I hope it all came right for you too.

GG

Yes thank you. Delivery man could not see why I was upset just because he "had things to do." After all delivery was due yesterday.

I think it's been about 20°C most of the day, possibly lower. We seem to usually miss out on storms here but there have been several loud claps of thunder and some heavy rain.

Just the weather to look forward to turning oven on. It was pleasant cooking lunch, even if it was fish and oven was not on for long.

I was approached in one of Sydney's larger bookstores some years ago and asked if I had taught languages at a certain high school here. He was one of my outstanding Latin students, then lecturing at Macquarie Uni. I don't know if he's there still. St Doc's bookstall has half a dozen books of his for children. We reminisced.

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
GG - you got the weather we were forecast. We had drizzle, but it got better later. I was relieved it didn't reach 29 here -it's a bit warm for me too.

Was that quake in Wellington? I remember being in a class room on the upper storey for one about then. The teacher, newly arrived in NZ ran from the room.

Looking back I don't think we really appreciated how bad it could get. One of the tables in the school library where I now volunteer has a dent about 5mm deep caused by somethimg falling on it during the February quake.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
redunderthebed
Apprentice
# 17480

- Posted      Profile for redunderthebed   Email redunderthebed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Anyone from South Australia here?. Hope everyone had a great christmas. Now just chilling out and watching the cricket c'mon aussie c'mon. Being camping for the last 4 days or so first two days were crappy (don't ask) but christmas eve and christmas was excellent.

Glad to be home now for the soccer/football-fest that is boxing day c'mon adelaide united and manchester united.

Posts: 24 | From: Port Lincoln | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas Aus
Shipmate
# 15869

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas Aus   Email Barnabas Aus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
After a family service in 40 degree heat, the southerly change arrived just in time to make midnight mass bearable. A quiet Christmas Day, as our children are grown and scattered, but the cool has made for a much more comfortable time than in previous years. Just getting ready for a late light dinner after entertaining friends for a Boxing Day lunch. Much less stressful than in years past.
Posts: 375 | From: Hunter Valley NSW | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by redunderthebed:
Anyone from South Australia here?. Hope everyone had a great christmas.

Yes and yes.

A good Boxing Day as well, knocked Corkscrew Road off my list of the great hills in Adelaide to cycle, for once doing it before the first time it's due to be raced in the TDU.

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Arrived home from sales shopping for craft supplies at lunchtime today to the sombre news that B1's new partner's Mum committed suicide overnight. B1.1 & B1.2 arrived shortly thereafter to stay indefinitely with us while B1 & partner deal with the necessary authorities.

It is all so very sad. [Frown]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
Arrived home from sales shopping for craft supplies at lunchtime today to the sombre news that B1's new partner's Mum committed suicide overnight. B1.1 & B1.2 arrived shortly thereafter to stay indefinitely with us while B1 & partner deal with the necessary authorities.

It is all so very sad. [Frown]

So sad and horrible. [Votive]

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I Wull wave et you sudnuy-oites from the uhnternetional Terminal en route to UnZud tomorrow mornuhng.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by redunderthebed:
Anyone from South Australia here?. Hope everyone had a great christmas. Now just chilling out and watching the cricket c'mon aussie c'mon. Being camping for the last 4 days or so first two days were crappy (don't ask) but christmas eve and christmas was excellent.

Glad to be home now for the soccer/football-fest that is boxing day c'mon adelaide united and manchester united.

Just up the road from you ...

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Bugga ... reading sporadically up thread ...

[Votive] BL [Tear]

--------------------

Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] BL

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Posts: 946 | From: Mount Fairy, NSW | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

[Votive] for you, BL and your family.

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My prayers too, my dear

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

[Votive]

--------------------

Emendator Liturgia
Shipmate
# 17245

- Posted      Profile for Emendator Liturgia   Author's homepage   Email Emendator Liturgia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for you and your family at this sad and difficult time, BL.

--------------------
Don't judge all Anglicans in Sydney by prevailing Diocesan standards!

Posts: 401 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

Oh BL, I'm so sorry. [Votive]

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016