homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Um... belatedly, for harmony hope's intercessions.

Thank You for Amanda's brother coming through safely. For restoration of R.'s driving licence.

For Malik3000 for health and Your peace. For good work for his brother. For the harassers in his workplace to wake up to themselves and just cut it right out now.

For Mili's church change. For her friendships.

For Golden Key's friend's engagement, and for maintenance of the friendship through this change. For healing for Golden Key.

For TreeBee, praise You for her healing.

For Dormouse's Richard... for the people who did this to him to wake up to themselves.

For justlooking's P to find it easy to get enough work.

For healing for LutheranChik's Billy and strength for Brian. For healing for Rob in body and finances. For morale boosting for LutheranChik and DP.

For Lucia's sister-in-law, her ex-husband and their 5-year-old daughter. For arrangements to be put in place immediately that are the best for all concerned, especially of course the daughter.

For duchess's KC, for healing.

For dorothea's N to be comforted in her grief. For reconciliation for L and her daughter.

For oceans of peace for Malin and her family. For employment.

For Jengie Jon's brother-in-law A to find life much easier.

For resolution of Fineline's difficult situation at work.

For comet's M, for healing and financial safety. For comet, for relief of anxiety. For her private intention.

For Churchy LaFemme, for her to heal and be grateful for the gift of V. in her life and for You to show her her new path. For her to get up off the couch and get dressed.

For major encouragement for Mr. Red.

For a successful house sale for Nicolemrw.

For Jonah the Whale's friends to be comforted in their loss. For peace for all who knew the young man.

For Ativan for Amazing Grace. For comfort for her in the loss of Polly. For the other things that are going on with her church, the city board and the redevelopment application, and for the annual meeting. For cessation of harassment at her workplace.

For Jimmy Begay and his family.

For news from Sir Kevin's daughter.

For Robert Armin, for resolution of family problems and old job troubles, for certainty with the present job, for ample money.

May You give us all the fortitude to do Your will.

For saysay's tormentors to stop their lies and abuse of power and do what they can in all honesty to reverse the damage they have caused. For rescue from the seemingly impossible and unbearable situation.

For Jahlove's Isaac and Monty, for a great new home.

For the difficult situation at the place Earwig loves.

For Mamacita's parish.

For healing for Yam-uk's F.

For cessation of bullying at Lamb Chopped's workplace.

For Smudgie.

For Morlader's LT, for healing. For strength for R. For healing for Morlader.

What Ariel said.

For healing for Sioni's friend H, and strength for her husband J and their children M & C.

For an easier time of it for Ags' F.

For healing for snowgoose's foot, and strength for snowgoose.

For healing for Ariel's friend's daughter, and strength for the friend.

For Japes' C and K, for a better relationship. For healing for S.

For Ethne Alba to make the right choice.

For general upholding, less work, and more value for Zoey. For good sleep, good mental health, and resolution of her work problem.

I am getting quite worried about the funding situation. For continued, uninterrupted employment at this place, even if a miracle is needed to attain that.

Tomorrow, I am going to need guidance and wisdom to select the single action I can take that will have the most beneficial impact.

For me to make up for an opportunity I missed today, and also for a certain amount of lost time.

For neighbours R and J.

For G. whose sight is returning and who is out of hospital. She has a rare condition. Please pray for her continued healing.

For E., H., et al.

For my heart's desire.

For me to meet my goals today and tomorrow.

For S., for healing.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For my dear friend Julia whose son's funeral it was today for comfort and courage for her and her husband - she somehow read the Address today but I have no idea how - and for her son Chris may he rest in peace.

[Votive] For all who pray and for all who cannot Lord have mercy.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Lord, hear our prayers,

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

To feel less threatened. For that not to be my immediate, knee-jerk reaction.

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you so much, Telepath, for your work here in summarizing.

I might not have been clear: the harassment is coming from a church member. Things are actually okey-dokey at w*rk.

I am receiving good counsel - much better so far than when I reported harassment at work previously. I feel a lot safer than I did over the weekend. Having been bullied/harassed by psycho bosses ... and having had complaints blown off or used against me ... I am very much in sympathy with shipmates feeling harassed/bullied, especially at work.

Spare me some prayers as I learn to put some ass-kicking boots on. You will certainly be in mine. I am fortunate to have the support of this community. Much love!

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The biopsy for H, mentioned on 30 January, turned out cancerous although it is quite small (c 10 mm). She's going for an operation on 2nd March then a course of radiotherapy.

[Votive] for H, J, M & C.

Also for Eldest Daughter; her relationship which looked so hopeful and had made her so happy has fallen to bits. Her partner is quite a bit older, has two kids already and has changed his mind about having any more. She's moved back in with us, which combined with the uncertainty over her job, may be for the best for now. Prayers for L please. [Votive]

[Votive] continuing for Telepath, for her ministry of prayer and her own intentions.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Clarence
Shipmate
# 9491

- Posted      Profile for Clarence   Email Clarence   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Lord have mercy
Thee we adore
Into thy hands

--------------------
I scraped my knees while I was praying - Paramore

Posts: 793 | From: Over the rainbow | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Anyuta and the family [Votive]
For Anne [Votive]
For all on the thread [Votive]

Lord bring your holy presence and loving touch very close. Amen.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for all in situations with no answers....and esp K...
Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

- Posted      Profile for Tom Day   Author's homepage   Email Tom Day   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hi,

I don't normally post on this thread, although I do regularly read it.

I do have a request though. A job has come up that looks like it could be perfect for me, although it would have a rather large impact on us as a family. The job is in China! If you could please pray that I / we recieve guidance in this decision I would be grateful. My first reaction is a go for it one, but I want to be sure.

Thank you

Tom

--------------------
My allotment blog

Posts: 6473 | From: My Sofa | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying and reading through

Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.

Another deafening silence from my latest job application so back to searching the adverts. Lots of stress and strain on our family at the moment from various places so prayers for peace still very much appreciated.

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
birdie

fowl
# 2173

- Posted      Profile for birdie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Eek!] Quite a decision! Will be praying for you...

--------------------
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Posts: 1290 | From: the edge | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For harmony hope's Julia. For her son Chris, may he rest in peace.

For Grammatica to feel less threatened and not to have that as her immediate, knee-jerk reaction.

For abolition of harassment... whatever the source.

For Sioni Sais' H, for healing. For H, J, M, and C. For Eldest Daughter to at least have certainty over her job, and to be comforted in her sadness.

For Anyuta and the family. For Anne.

For all in situations with no answers, and especially K.

For wisdom for Tom Day.

For employment for Malin and relief of stress on the family.

So, I still need funding to stay in my job and time's a-wasting. Behold the sudden increase in my prayer-discipline, which is purely coincidental.

For M., who is seriously overworked right now.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Very worried for H, who called to say she's been asked to have a SECOND biopsy elsewhere in her body before she's even gotten the results of the first--it's not looking good. She has a wee daughter and there are very good reasons why it would be even worse than usual for her to be left with only her father to raise her. And H is not even a Christian...

And we just heard this morning that a fellow LCMS pastor lost his entire family in a horrible car accident--except the baby.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you so much Telepath for your encouragement to us all to continue in prayer by drawing all requests to our attention again.
Praying for all - God's will be done in all situations I pray.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our family update: Rob's leg is healing, and his mood is improving exponentially; he reports that in a few weeks he might be upgraded to a walking boot, which is pretty amazing considering that his foot was more or less dislocated from his ankle, and he's now carrying around 30 pins, a plate or two and a titanium rod. (Air travel is never going to be easy for him now!) Finances are another story -- the bill for just his airlift to the hospital came to $27K, and the kids just don't know how much of this their insurance will pay; lots of anxiety about the longterm financial burden of this accident.

Billy is doing so much better; he can talk, his mind is quickly coming out of the anesthesia fog, he's able to sit up for short periods, he's been officially graduated to "real" food, he's down to one IV...all good things; a miracle, really, since his doctors didn't think he'd make it out of his health crisis.

But now that he's moving toward going home, we're all having to come to terms with his prognosis, which is not good based on his symptoms; we're waiting to hear about some biopsy results. So this has tempered our happiness. And we're worried about our son Brian, who's had to shoulder all of this and may be facing much more difficult challenges in the months ahead. The two of them had just bought a new house, too, and are facing all the expenses that come with home ownership.

So thank you for your prayers, and please continue to pray for our kids, especially Billy and Brian.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
"For the harassers in his workplace to wake up to themselves and just cut it right out now."
Love the way you worded that, Telepath! [Big Grin]

Praying for everyone.

I've not been able to get to the computer much in the last couple of days, but a person who works more closely with the manager than i do, and who himself is a very decent co-worker, talked with me and told me to relax and not to take the manager's outburst too seriously -- he said the manager is given to hyperbole. (I do tend to take things literally) Indeed since then i notice that said manager has seemed to make a point of being pleasant to me. (I also think my co-worker possibly may had talked with him also). So i feel alot calmer and able to relax and let God's healing Spirit fill me.

AND ... having had the first of 4 infusions the day before yesterday, i feel absolutely normal with no noticeable side effects to speak of! I am so much more fortunate than many getting infusions. Praise God!!!

So now my main prayer is that it does the job it was intended to do.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. All of you are in my thoughts and prayer

[ 02. February 2012, 15:23: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
praying [Votive]
Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jigsaw
Shipmate
# 11433

- Posted      Profile for Jigsaw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks to Telepath who holds us all up for God to see.
[Votive]
For all who are troubled at work, in health, or by the suffering of others.

--------------------
You are not alone in this.

Posts: 743 | From: Snorbens, UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Lamb Chopped's H, for healing. For her fellow LCMS pastor and the baby, Lord have mercy.

Your will be done in all situations.

For healing for LutheranChik's Rob, and also for healing of the finances. For healing for Billy. For strength and financial comfort. For all the kids, especially Billy and Brian.

For healing for malik3000, and cessation of any and all inkling of harassment for all of us.

So, yeah, need funding to keep me in present job. For me to do everything right tomorrow.

For the Telemum.

For a private frustration.

I am pleading with God to speak to me about something that's a source of pain to me, a thorn in my side if you will.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A message from Billy -- it was repeated on his "Team Billy" FB page, but it extends to everyone everywhere who's been thinking of him/praying for him: "I just want everyone to know how thankful I am for all of your thoughts and prayers. I want you to know you are the reason I am getting better. I am working as hard as I can each day but it is because of you that I am still here. There is no other reason for me to be alive other than everyone's faith and positive energy. So I want to thank each and every one of you for keeping my spirits up with your words of encouragement, with your class room of cheers, and with your prayers. Thank you!"

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Rosa Gallica officinalis
Shipmate
# 3886

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Gallica officinalis   Email Rosa Gallica officinalis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm just heading in to the local hospital to spend time with a dear and faithful parishioner who is in her final hours on this earth. It's the first time I've ever done this (my training incumbent is full of a nasty cold & any nurse would ban her from the hospital).
Prayers awareness of God's presence in this situation and for a peaceful death would be appreciated.

--------------------
Come for tea, come for tea, my people.

Posts: 874 | From: The Hemlock Hideout | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

and for myself,
that stuckness would un-stick

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just popping in to ask for prayer for our three Sunday confirmation peeps (all adults) viz. E, M and R. This is the first confirmation at our place for 3 years, so it's an important day for them and for all of us.

Thanks!

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'd appreciate prayer atm.

I have been put on different antidepressants and it's taking a while to get used to them and for previous ones to leave the system. My moods are up and down and I find myself in tears and unable to cope with simple tasks for no apparent reason.

It's making life difficult at work and I've already met with the "pull yourself together" and "think positive" responses from people which I find hard to do.

Work is made more stressful as the planned "restructure" is still under consultation and many face losing their jobs or being downgraded. [Frown] Those that have left are not being replaced which means the time I'm having off sick does not go down well.

I keep wishing I had a magic wand to make it all go away.

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry for the double post but please pray for S who lost one her cats yesterday [Frown]

S has been off sick for a long time and her cats are her one great comfort when all seems bleak.

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My much-loved and very elderly aunt has collapsed and been taken to hospital with pneumonia. She has had this before but we are all dearly hoping that she will pull through again. Please pray that she makes a good recovery - I know she hates being in that hospital.

Nanny Ogg - [Votive]

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nanny Ogg:

It's making life difficult at work and I've already met with the "pull yourself together" and "think positive" responses from people which I find hard to do.

I just had to say this publicly, because it pisses me off--- it's always people who knee-jerk say stuff like this that expect to be showered with comfort and support when it's their turn to crash. The fact that they can't cope with your feelings is probably a sign that they can't cope with feelings, period.

Peace to you, Nanny. You're a special lady, and I pray that holds you in a standing position. And sends you kind people who will hold you as well.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for IP, another depression victim.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What Kelly A. said. [Votive] Prayers for all suffering from depression, especially at this dark and cold (in the N. Hemisphere anyway) time of the year.

I went for my epidural injection today. It was distinctly un-fun but not as horrible as I had feared. Thanks for your prayers and reassurances. Now I am praying that whatever the injection is supposed to do to let the foot heal will work.

[Votive] Prayers for all.

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all - especially those affected by depression either for themselves or their loved ones. Many of the Psalms comfort me when I feel down because they give me confidence to rage at God.
I know that depression is worse than that for most though.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For LutheranChik's Billy, for healing.

For Rosa Gallica officinalis, for strength and wisdom as she accompanies her parishioner on the journey home. For awareness of Your presence in this situation, and for an untroubled journey.

For Ethne Alba to get unstuck (I think I am meant to ask the same for myself)

For Bishops Finger's E, M, and R and for the whole congregation.

For healing for Nanny Ogg, and for wisdom for all those who try to cheer her up. For a restructuring that works out better than possible for all concerned. For S to be comforted in the loss of her cat.

For Ariel's aunt, for a good and fast recovery.

For St. Gwladys's IP, for healing.

For snowgoose, for healing.

For healing for Enigma.

For healing for Auntie Telenun, who has just had shingles, a chest infection, also has lupus, Reynaud's syndrome IIRC, and I forgot what all the other things are. [Frown]

For G., for healing.

For wisdom and for the removal of the thornlike thing in my side.

For funding for me to stay in post.

For a very important task to get done before the weekend is through.

For me to meet my goals tomorrow.

--------------------

Niminypiminy
Shipmate
# 15489

- Posted      Profile for Niminypiminy   Email Niminypiminy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord in your mercy, hear our prayers

[Votive]

--------------------
Lives of the Saints: songs by The Unequal Struggle
http://www.theunequalstruggle.com/

Posts: 776 | From: Edge of the Fens | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016