homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
for all those suffering from depression, whether constant or intermittent...

I now know what it feels like.....

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Lord in your mercy hear our prayers.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all those suffering from depression, including Bishops Finger.

I received lots of the guidance I asked for - thank You! I feel very directly cared for.

Now all I need is funding, continued fulfilling employment, that sort of thing...

For G. and S., for healing.

Auntie Telenun is having a very hard time with shingles right now, as well as with all her other ailments. Fundraising is also needed for her convent's money-pit of a house, which needs more work done.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all mentioned here and for so many others who are not but are in the prayers of our ship family. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all.

[Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clarence
Shipmate
# 9491

- Posted      Profile for Clarence   Email Clarence   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] prayers for all those who are flooded again in Queensland and New South Wales.

--------------------
I scraped my knees while I was praying - Paramore

Posts: 793 | From: Over the rainbow | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm traveling tomorrow and Monday and during my radio show tonight spiked an epic fever. NO NO NO NO! please pray that it's an anomaly and goes away SOON. like, before I board the plane.

also - please pray my children have no problems while I'm away. always makes me nervous to leave for any length of time.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My dear friend's mum Mary died suddenly yesterday, although after a long illness.

I am grateful she lived to see her first grandchild, but her husband D, and children J and T will be devastated. She was a lovely lady.

[Votive]

Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Morlader
Shipmate
# 16040

- Posted      Profile for Morlader         Edit/delete post 
For all here and prayed for here [Votive]

In your mercy, shipmates, again for me, as I start my 3rd course of chemo on Tuesday. [Votive] This time alternate Tuesdays and, hopefully, less aggressive drugs.

And TBTG that I contributed to a glorious Candlemas on the Day Itself, Thurs last.

[ 05. February 2012, 15:33: Message edited by: Morlader ]

--------------------
.. to utmost west.

Posts: 858 | From: Not England | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all who are flooded again in Queensland and New South Wales.

For healing for comet, before she boards the plane. Let her children be efficiently self-maintaining while she is away.

For Ferijen's Mary, may she rest in peace and rise in glory. For her husband D, and children J and T.

For healing for Morlader.

For the Telemum.

For neighbours R. and J.

For E. and H. For L.

For me, for continued funding to stay in post.

I also need to get on top of my own finances, in particular, this month.

For a private intention.

For my heart's desire.

For completion of a task that has been dragging on.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers needed for private intentions on behalf of my wife.

[Votive]

Praying for all who post here and those who cannot or do not.

In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Amen.

[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] Morlander and anyone undergoing difficult treatment at the moment. Give them courage Lord.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

Sorry for double post - please pray for me...for quite a while now everything has been very hard work and life just seems a bit overwhelming but most of all for my family. Thanks.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
praying through for you all.

I am trying to get on top of a task that is long overdue and starting to scare me a bit today. Prayers to get myself together and just get it done would be greatly appreciated. The more I put it off the bigger and scarier it gets....

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Morlader [Votive]

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Sir Kevin's wife's private intentions.

For Morlader, for healing.

For harmony hope and her family to start finding everything much easier, and get on top of the whelm.

For Mrs Shrew to get on top of the task, conquer her anxiety, and just get it done.

Dragging on task is dragging on. And ON. AND ON. This is quite a serious blocker to me, maybe it's in my imagination but I don't want to start another thing until this thing is finished. And it's getting urgent. When I found out today that someone I was waiting on has yet to complete their thing, my anxiety started running riot.

For funding for me to continue in post.

For the Telemum.

For healing for Auntie Telenun, G., R., J., and S.

For employment for S.

For S. who is very nervous about a public speaking engagement tomorrow. Please pray that I will be able to be present and support her, also.

For Y. who really needs to pass an important exam.

For little D., for healing.

--------------------

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
General Synod of the C/E ...... [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for P, who is just a young thing but already knows how messy families can be and is having to decide how to deal with them. Also for her family as they try to support her.

Please also pray for M to quickly get wise.

Cattyish.

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] {{for Morlader for healing, and with less aggressive drugs}}

[Votive] for Bishop's Finger and for all suffering depression

[Votive] for all needs on the Ship

[Votive] for all needs, expressed, unexpressed and inexpressible

[Votive] for my cousin C. that he get some adult focus in his life

[Votive] i give thanks that i've had no side effects in my treatment -- so many don't! -- and my prayer is that the treatment accomplish what is intended

[Votive] an email was sent out at my job saying there will be no layoffs (for which thanks be to God); however there will be some transfers and i am lucky that my location is quick and easy for me to get to on public transportation. Most of our 34 locations would require a long tedious commute for car-less me, and so i'd appreciate a prayer that i don't get transferred to such a location.

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
News is hopeful for Anne, thank you for your prayers.

[Votive] Lord please bless her, and all on the thread, with your healing love, guidance and presence. Amen. [Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, reading all prayers on this thread I am again amazed how involved You are in the lives of your children. Praying for all - and especially tonight for the people in Syria who are in such perilous circumstances that even burial of the dead is dangerous. God help. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
11 people killed in a two vehicle collision.

A sunny day, a van going across an intersection and a truck heading south.

Been on that road a few times. Not all that dangerous an intersection.
[Frown] [Votive]

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have also been struggling with depression, but this morning I received some good news. One of things I have been worrying about is that my present job only lasts to the end of this school year. So I have been looking around, and shoviong some applications in, but very half-heartedly. Today I was told that there will definitely be a job for me next year! There is still a lot to sort out, but that is a very great relief. Thank you to everyone who has supported me with their prayers.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Struggling today with being the parent of an adopted teenager - strength and wisdom please.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Raptor Eye's Anne

[Votive] for the suffering people of Syria

[Votive] for all suddenly plunged into unforeseen tragedy and for safety on the streets for drivers, passengers, and pedestrians

[Votive] for Robert Armin that all his problems be sorted out

[Votive] for Smudgie and for patience, strength and guidance, and for all adopted children and adoptive parents

[Votive] for all without a home of their own

[ 07. February 2012, 15:21: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks to those of you who remembered my elderly aunt after she collapsed. She has come through the worst of the pneumonia, though it will take a while. However, it may be that she has had a stroke at the same time. Please pray that whatever it is, it clears up soon and that she's able to go home.

Malik [Votive]

Anyone struggling with depression, especially in an unsympathetic environment. [Votive]

Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Synod [Votive]
For my dear friend M [Votive]
For all who post here and for those who cannot, Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayer [Votive]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] All of us

[Yipee] yay for Robert!

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For the General Synod of the C/E.

For cattyish's P, for wisdom, and for her family to be able to support her. For M to quickly get wise.

For Morlader, for healing.

For Bishop's Finger, and for all suffering depression.

For malik3000's cousin C to get some adult focus in his life.

For healing for malik3000, and without side effects - praise You for an absence of side effects! Thank You also that there will be no layoffs. For malik not to be transferred to an awkward location.

For Raptor Eye's Anne. Lord please bless her and all of us with Your healing love, guidance, and presence.

Especially, for the people in Syria who are in such terrifying circumstances.

For the families and friends of the 11 people who were killed at the intersection.

For Robert Armin, for healing from depression, but hooray! an answer to prayer!

For Smudgie and the teen Smudgelet. For strength and wisdom, for both of them.

For healing for Ariel's aunt so she can go home.

For Ags' M.

For funding for me to continue in post. (We seem to be doing well with this sort of thing lately.)

For the Telemum, whose knee is still not quite right.

For Auntie Telenun, for healing.

For healing for G.

--------------------

Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

Praying for all as I retire to bed much later than intended. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

I keep thinking something has to happen soon, but I've been thinking that for months now, so I could use prayers for either something to happen or (and) for me to have patience...

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you so much for your prayers. Yesterday went better than expected. Prayers now for my boy, that he may move forward.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know I don't post as often as I should, but I do keep reading the list, and praying through it all [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive]

--------------------
God = love.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For something to happen for saysay.

For the Smudgelet, that he may move forward.

For funding please kthx

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For S aged 8 having a biopsy on a mass on her brain today.
Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
fluff
Shipmate
# 12871

- Posted      Profile for fluff   Email fluff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 109 | From: South England | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] {{for Zacchaeus's S}}

[Votive] for all

--------------------
God = love.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016