homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 16)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Son is seeing top neurosurgeon at Sydney hospital today in an attempt to hurry things along. Physically, things are going down hill with some unpleasant side effects beginning . Everyone knows the answer but prayers appreciated that insurance etc can all combine for a speedy resolution.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Update to post above re son. Email from DIL.
quote:
Surgery is agreed as most urgent and will happen either via emergency admittance or insurance depending in what happens first...still waiting on insurance to get their act together. P is now on maximum pain relief so hopefully surgery will be soon

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Loth and P

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jigsaw
Shipmate
# 11433

- Posted      Profile for Jigsaw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
For all who need comfort and relief for themselves and for others, and for all who are frightened of things to come.

--------------------
You are not alone in this.

Posts: 743 | From: Snorbens, UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

Still need guidance and/or information.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Three crew members killed, several dozen passengers in hospital in a train derailment in Burlington, Ontario.
This is a quiet bedroom community, and needs your prayers now.

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry for such a long post but so much stuff has been going on the past week that when i have not actually been dealing with it i didn't feel like spending more time writing about it.

A medical conundrum seems to have been reached.

I may not be able to continue to be able to continue taking the only FDA-approved treatment that has shown some good results in stifling melanoma, i.e., ipilimumab (Yervoy). -- and one on which i have pinned alot of my hopes.

A week ago, Tuesday, I was literally sitting in the infusion centre waiting for my 2nd of 4 infusions, when the oncology nurse rushed in to say stop, i couldn't have it today because the blood tests showed a big spike in my liver enzyme levels. (I have had hepatitis C for probably 2 decades or so -- cause unknown, and never any symptoms.)

The weekend leading up to that Tuesday i had back and forth to the hospital twice for a flare-up of a cellulitis infection on my right foot for which i'd been given oral antibiotics saturday and when it continued to spread despite it had to stay overnight Monday for IVs of a different antibiotic. I saw the apparently very busy dermatologist himself only very briefly both times. The cellulitis receded in the morning and i cheerfully went to the cancer center that afternoon for my 2nd infusion, which was abruptly stopped.

After more blood tests Thursday, and more scheduled today (all these hospital trips are causing me transport money! -- public transit is tedious and slow) I am scheduled for a liver biopsy. The thought of the pain scares me. Bottom line -- they don't know if the liver enzyme spike is caused by the antibiotics or the treatment for melanoma. (I sort of fearfully suspect the latter but pray to God i'm wrong.)

To complicate matters further, i had a dermatologist appointment 2 days after the aborted 2nd infusion, previously scheduled for another, much less serious, skin issue. In light of the liver issue, the 2nd (even more rushed-seeming) dermatologist told me to stop taking the antibiotics. He also said he "didn't see" any cellulitis, only dermatitis, much less serious as it doesn't sink below skin lever and threaten the blood. The infected area had developed a darkness over the foot, which i assume was the dermatitis. He prescribed a steroid cream and 3+ times day foot soakings with expensive non-prescription (and therefore not covered by insurance) antiseptic soap. The dermatitis disappeared revealing the cellulitis still there tho not as bad as the worst on the previous weekend. I'm still doing the surface skin treatment, the cellulitis lingers, though at a level reduced from the 1st weekend, and the co-pays pile up from all these hospital visits. And my monthly rent is due. And i'm using up lots of leave time at work.

I wish the apparently rushed-to-the-point-of-distraction dermatologists could agree on my potentially dangerous cellulitis. [Votive]
I am afraid of the pain at tomorrow's liver biopsy. [Votive]
And most of all, i fear that i won't be able to continue the treatment for melanoma upon which i put so much hope (and which wonderfully caused me just about no discomfort). [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
It would come down to hunting for experimental clinical trials (there was one out there i was aware of in January although new developments can occur at anytime, wih God knows what side effects [Votive]

[Axe murder] But in the realm of thanksgiving and praise, the weather was gorgeous yesterday, church was wonderful yesterday, and afterward i had a delightful and delicious breakfast with friends from church and that evening another household delightful gathering with the same friends and others. And on the home front my cousin has been helpful and supportive and whatever seems to have been troubling my feline companion seems to have gone, and she is affectionate as ever and purring more.

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] healing and comfort for malik
[Votive] the students at the Cleveland OH high school where there was a shooting this morning

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Malik [Votive]
Clarity please Lord, that would be great....

For K....

For R.....

Both very seperate and very difficult situations
...and for their Mothers, who worry

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Lord, please help my suffering shipmates. [Votive]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Lord, in the lives, joys and needs of all here, may we feel You very near. Your will be done I pray.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For healing for Lothlorien's son.

For guidance and/or information for saysay. (If you pray for guidance, you will always get it, btw. He'll never say no to that, from what I understand.)

For the families, friends, and coworkers of the crew who were killed in the Burlington derailment. For healing for the passengers.

For swift healing for malik3000.

For all affected by the shooting at the school in Cleveland, Ohio.

For clarity for Ethne Alba. For K and for R, and for their mothers.

So. I think I used my time well today and got a major chunk of one of the dragging-on tasks done.

No news on the audition, no news on the redeployment. Please let no news be good news.

For me to meet my goals, get myself sorted out, etc.

For the Telemum.

For healing for T.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Calvin Beedle
Shipmate
# 508

- Posted      Profile for Calvin Beedle   Email Calvin Beedle   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For all who are hanging onto their faith by their fingertips because life has stopped making sense.

--------------------
There has been an alarming increase in the number of things about which I know nothing

Posts: 71 | From: Kent, the garden of England | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for K tonight...coz, as of right now life is making NO sense at all

for the people around K

for the professionals involved ( right now)

for family, who worry

for friends who are bewildered

for peace to reign..after safety is secured

Lord in your mercy.....

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for beloved husband. His father died recently and he is finding all the paperwork (including having to sell the house he was born in) very emotionally draining. Added to that, his work is cutting him no slack at all (the day after the funeral the chief executive bawled him out for something that had happened when he was on compassionate leave.) As if that wasn't enough we are trying to find an adult placement for our autistic son.
He is going to the doctor tomorrow to see if he can have some time off for stress. Life is quite dark for him at the moment.

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Color me slightly freaked out here. X (who was almost certain to have uterine cancer, possibly metastasized) has turned up with NORMAL test results. Her family (with little daughter) can go back to breathing.

O me of little faith.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
Color me slightly freaked out here. X (who was almost certain to have uterine cancer, possibly metastasized) has turned up with NORMAL test results. Her family (with little daughter) can go back to breathing.

O me of little faith.

[Axe murder]

--------------------
God = love.

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
For comfort and strength for TessaB's husband, for humanity and decency to somehow seep into his boss' heart, for a good placement for their son, and may her husband's father rejoice in God's eternal kingdom of blessed peace.

[Yipee] A ray of hope for me today! I had more blood tests today, and the elevated liver enzyme levels, while still high have come down significantly from last week. This increases the chances that the culprit was an antibiotic for my foot infection, rather than the treatment for the melanoma. Still not sure, and still have to have the liver biopsy tomorrow (shiver) to get a clearer picture. But my spirits are lifted tonight. (Any shipmates who'd care to share what they know/have experienced of liver biopsies?)

--------------------
God = love.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] Not singling ANY nation out -- just praying, Prince of Peace, please bring our planet back from the brink of war.

[Votive] For the Via Rail employees who died in the train crash in Burlington ON, for the injured passengers, and for all the passengers and townspeople affected

--------------------
God = love.

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Calvin Beedle:
[Votive]

For all who are hanging onto their faith by their fingertips because life has stopped making sense.

How many of us? Oh so many. For some sort of peace, and comfort, and calmness, and healing of our inmost sorrows. And may I learn from our sorrow to understand others' suffering and pain with more compassion. And to be able to pray again more than going through the motions and repeating 'comfortable words' and well remembered things. To be able to mean it. [Help] [Votive]
Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Ferdzy
Shipmate
# 8702

- Posted      Profile for Ferdzy   Author's homepage   Email Ferdzy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Malik3000; I've had a liver biopsy, and apparently I was a hard one. Literally. My flank was so tough the doctor practically had to charge at me in order to get the needle in. And you know what? I hardly felt it. Really, it was nothing. It wasn't *pleasant*, but it really was not a big deal.

The only other problem I had, now that I think about it, was that I couldn't get up to pee for about 2 hours while I was lying there hooked up to things and I had to use the bed pan constantly because I had thoughtlessly drunk about 2 litres of water in the car on the way over. Somewhat embarrassing, and I think the nurse was truly impressed by my output.

While it wasn't particularly painful, it was long and boring. Bring a book. And DO NOT drink much for 2 or 3 hours before your appointment time. I hope and pray you will have as easy a time (or easier, if you bring that book and don't drink too much.)

Posts: 252 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Churchy LaFemme
Shipmate
# 11884

- Posted      Profile for Churchy LaFemme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all here.

I have a friend who is a rather difficult person to begin with, and she is reacting to a series of personal setbacks by being pretty near impossible. Please pray that I am able to compassionately support her, and not pull her lower lip over her head as I am sometimes tempted.

--------------------
Bear and forbear (for a total of five bears).

Posts: 147 | From: Facing the sun | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for wisdom and guidance - a pupil of mine wants to change course, and we have missed the deadline (which I didn't know about) Worried that I might have to get him to do the work even though there won't ultimately be any leeway for him to switch. Really don't know how to proceed.

Dear Lord, help us to work it out! [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
mrs whibley
Shipmate
# 4798

- Posted      Profile for mrs whibley     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Can I ask your prayers for a situation involving my stepson, his father, and several 3rd parties? Nothing hugely serious - noone's physically hurt, but relationships are bruised.

--------------------
I long for a faith that is gloriously treacherous - Mike Yaconelli

Posts: 942 | From: North Lincolnshire | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

K

[ 28. February 2012, 22:19: Message edited by: Ethne Alba ]

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Ethne Alba's K, the people around K, the professionals, the family, the friends who are bewildered. For peace to reign after safety is secured.

For tessaB's husband, for some relief from the probate process, and for the hearts of those at his work especially the chief executive to be struck with compassion. For a terrific adult placement for their son.

Thank you that Lamb Chopped's X is okay!

For healing for malik3000.

The Telemum's blood tests (for gout) have come back normal again, hooray! I don't think her knee is what it was, but she is zooming around as before and we have almost forgotten it ever happened.

I prayed for guidance today and received a bible-in-a-year study guide that someone had left on the train. This is not the first time I have received a book!

Please bring the world back from the brink of war.

For all those affected by the Burlington train crash.

For those suffering loss of faith, and craving to feel better and do better.

For Churchy LaFemme to deal with her difficult friend in a constructive way.

For wisdom and guidance for Mad Cat and her pupil.

For mrs whibley's stepson, his father, and the several third parties, for reconciliation.

Oh still the dragging on tasks draaaaag ooooonnnn. No news about redeployment. People marry and die. Pinkerton does not return.

If I can just avoid doing something stupid, that would be great.

For S., for employment.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through the thread. Telepath - whatever the stupid action was -- don't do it!! Thank you for all you do on this thread. [Angel]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

[Telepath - I think If I can just avoid doing something stupid, that would be great. would make a great siggy line - for me.]

--------------------

LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all who are sick, anxious or in need tonight.

Please continue to pray for our son-in-law and son Brian. After two good days at home Brian had to drive Billy to the ER this morning -- shortness of breath and racing heartbeat. At first we feared pneumonia or even a heart attack, but the doctors' tentative diagnosis is simply an excess of fluid that started filling Billy's lungs. He's been put in an induced coma again because of his anxiety, which was hindering the staff from treating him, and given dialysis and other treatments to help remove the excess fluid. While we've relaxed a tiny bit, we're still in that "not knowing" place, and of course were also disappointed that he had this setback.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Got some bad news today, and also some worrying news. My brother is sick, he's going to a doctor tomorrow to be seen, but I'm worried, please pray for him. And for my mood in general, things seem pretty down at the moment.

Prayers for all here.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] {{{for LuheranChik's Billy - may the setback be brief}}}

[Votive] healing for Nicolemrw's broher and upliftment of spirit and that things get beter for Nicolemrw

[Votive] for respite, relief and guidance for Telepath and in thanksgiving for her ministry on the Ship

[Yipee] in thanksgiving that the biopsy went well. The sedative worked so well that i was not at all even aware of having it (which was fine by me!) and no residual soreness. In thanksgiving for the rays of hope from my most recent blood test results. And especially in thanksgiving for such loving support from my church family which has literally made me cry tears of joy (not an everyday reaction for me)
[Axe murder]

--------------------
God = love.

Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've just had a message from my friend S, asking for prayer for his mother M who is frail and quite ill. She is in her 90s and lives in a nursing home.

[Votive] for her and for all here. Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayer.

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We worked it out for my pupil - halleluya!

Now I am praying for peace and justice to prevail with my angry S4 boys. All seven are in today, and there may be fireworks. Dear Lord, please help me to help them. Please help me not to accept disrespect, mistaking that for humility. I am Your servant [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

- Posted      Profile for Offeiriad   Email Offeiriad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May I ask prayers for my friend J and her husband G, please? G's building company looks set to go bankrupt, and the loss of their dream home looks certain. J has bipolar disorder, yet has managed to qualify and set up as a counsellor. She is a gutsy lady, but feels she is at breaking point as the bad news continues to pour in.

Prayers for both of them, for the best possible outcome, would be much appreciated: J has asked for prayers, and is pleased at the thought that other Christians might pray through my posting here.

Posts: 1426 | From: La France profonde | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Enigma, I wasn't sure what the action was that might turn out to be stupid... I just pray I haven't done it today and won't do it tomorrow [Big Grin]

For healing for Billy and strength for BrianChik.

For healing for Nicolemrw's brother, and for a lifting of Nicole's mood.

Thank You for good results for malik3000. Please continue to lavish Your healing upon him. Thank You for his wonderful church family.

For Pine Marten's S, that his mother M might have life in abundance for all her days on this earth, and also after she leaves this earth.

Thank You that Mad Cat and her pupil worked things out. Now, for peace and justice for her angry S4 boys. Help her to help them, and show her exactly how to refuse disrespect and set and enforce boundaries.

For Oferyas' J and her husband G, that the company could be saved from bankruptcy and that they could keep their home. For healing and strength for J.

Boss just put in a bid for a 2-month project. I am very pleased and feel in my bones that we will succeed at this. I think my whole situation is well in hand.

For what I am about to whisper.

We have had the distressing news that J., who is in permanent ill health and has been in the hospital for the last 2 weeks, as of yesterday does not recognize anybody. Lord, in Your mercy, heal her and strengthen R.

For T.

For healing for T., recovering from a stroke, he is able to move his thumb a tiny bit with a lot of effort, but would like to regain a lot more mobility...

For the young woman I spoke with on the train today, who had to give up her studies because of constant severe pain from bursitis on her hip, knee, shoulder... What some people have to suffer. [Frown]

For N., departing for pastures new.

For healing for Auntie Telenun.

For healing for G.

For me to get the gig I auditioned for on Saturday.

For me to meet my goals today and tomorrow.

For the Telemum.

For employment for S.

For healing for another S.

[ 29. February 2012, 22:28: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive]

--------------------
God = love.

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

75% of NSW is either underwater or on flood watch. PArts of norther Victoria are also threatened. Emergency service are stretched and are trying to evacuate peole before the worst of the floods.

Warragamba Dam in Sydney's west is about to teach 100% capacity and flood gates have been tested. They will open automatically but haven't been opened for 14 years. Warragamba has been as low as 32% full in recent years.

This is a result of an almost stationary trough system bring rain from the centre of Australia. Broken Hill in far west had six months rain in a day.

There's been some warning of this coming, so evacuations have been planned, but this is a huge effort by all emergency services.

--------------------

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Cat:
We worked it out for my pupil - halleluya!

Now I am praying for peace and justice to prevail with my angry S4 boys. All seven are in today, and there may be fireworks. Dear Lord, please help me to help them. Please help me not to accept disrespect, mistaking that for humility. I am Your servant [Votive]

My angry boys came in angry but simmered along together in a more or less acceptable fashion.

Principal Teacher busted me on the behind-her-back grovelling that enabled my pupil's course change. Just got my ear clipped.... but ma boy's got his course.

[ 01. March 2012, 08:59: Message edited by: Mad Cat ]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

for all in Syria being slaughtered by their own government

that the nations of the world may pull back from the brink of war

that all of us who call ourselves Christians may act like Christians, to all our sisters and brothers who call themselves Christians, and to all our brother and sister humans created by God, whether or not they profess a belief system

for all our fellow non-human creatures who are at our mercy

for all suffering and threatened by floodwaters in NSW

for all on the Ship and their needs

continuing prayers for LutheranChik's family, especially Billy and Brian

thanks that Mad Cat's pupil's course issue was straightened out and that the rest of her boys simmered down, and prayers that Principal Teacher will be understanding and appreciative of Mad Cat's dedication

for me as i am about to head off to the liver doc this morning, and then seeing my oncologist on monday. May the outcome of these 2 meetings be that i can start back on my treatment to stifle and even cure this melanoma. That, with the help i'm being offered (thanks be to a loving God!) i can get my financial and other affairs straightened out and i can move toward future positive directions

For successful growth for my cousin C.

And a prayer of thanks for my beloved companion Pulsar, curled up next to me as I type this

[ 01. March 2012, 12:39: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My father goes into assisted living tomorrow. He's looking forward to it, and so are we. Finances will be tight until a veterans pension he has applied for comes through (he's received a letter acknowledging his application, but apparently the government moves very slowly on these things). Pray that he will take to his new surroundings and that his pension comes through without further delay.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

Dear God, Sorry I am being a bit short with you right now, but could you do something about K ....coz we are all tattered and torn and something has got to give...only right now it's feeling rather like us. And that hurts. ThankyouverymuchindeedandAmen
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Of your charity, pray for the soul of PC David Rathband, a UK policeman found dead at his home (suicide is suspected, AIUI, but that, of course, is for the Coroner's Jury to decide).

PC Rathband was shot in the face and completely blinded by the crazed gunman Raoul Moat a couple of years ago, and the news of his death (after valiant attempts to come to terms with his injuries, and to help others) met with shock and sadness at the Ambulance Station at which I work. Yet another emergency service victim of someone out of control/under the influence of Satan (delete as applicable....).

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

And if anyone tries to tell me that Satan and his minions are only a figment of my imagination, I tell them to just go out on the streets......

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016