homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 19)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
{{{ [Votive] Huia }}}

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Many prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for our friend Deanna's husband Randy. He is in hospital now and doctors fear that he may have leukemia.
[Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

- Posted      Profile for LRP   Email LRP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

Prayers for all.

Yesterday Idid some work shadowing in our main Library.

On tuesday I have an interview at 10AM for a customer service officer at the Library.Apart from coping with the interview I would appreciate prayers in knowing gods will for me at this time.
This is an Internal job as my own Grade is under review working in local goverment, do I risk staying where I am or move on Gods will be done in making the right decision.

Thank You Lord Amen

Posts: 420 | From: Yorkshire lass, born and bred. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading and praying [Votive] Lord, you know what they all need, even when it's not been stated [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the families of people killed this week, especially the soldiers & hostages; for their killers, that they will see the light of your love and come to repentance; [Votive] For the posters here; [Votive] For strength and faith for S & C; [Votive] Father God, let your presence be known. Amen.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Sir Kevin's Deanna's husband Randy, for healing.

For freedom and safety for the people of Syria. For countries trying to cope with the influx of refugees.

For people suffering drought in the Sahel and in the Horn of Africa, and for action from those who can effectively take it.

For peace.

For Billy and for LutheranChik's whole family.

For renewed health for Golden Key, for reconciliation also.

For Auntie Telenun, for healing.

For K. to get that job and have enough to live on and be respected.

For malik3000's D, for healing of her aunt, and comfort in the loss of her godmother.

For malik3000's J, for healing. For strength for his wife M.

For malik3000's L-1, L-2 and G and their two cats, for healing, and for malik3000 to be able to help.

For freedom from all job-related oppression for malik3000, and of course healing. For his coworkers. For respect to prevail and for the rudesters to wake up to themselves.

For comfort and healing for Huia.

For Ariel's friend, for healing.

For wisdom, peace, and hope for Malin.

For LRP to get the right job and know Your will.

For the families of the people killed this week, especially the soldiers and hostages. For the killers to see the light of Your love and come to repentance. For strength and faith for Raptor Eye's S and C.

For me, for wisdom to know exactly what are the right things to do tomorrow regarding fulfilment of my many ambitions. The main thing is my continued employment; also, for what I am about to whisper.

For S., whose major surgery didn't go well and is facing more surgery later on.

For T., in hospital in China with an infection.

For K. to get that job.

For perfect trust in You to be accompanied by wisdom from me... let me not confuse intuition with wishful thinking! Show me what I am to do!

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Keeping you in our prayers, Huia.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Having my treatment for back pain today - injections and possibly radio pulse therapy.

Please pray all goes well.

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Am having a migraine flare-up.

Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for healing for Nanny Ogg and may the treatment be as free of discomfort as possible

[Votive] may Golden Key's migraine cease and may there be no more pain, just restful comfort

--------------------
God = love.

M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't often post here but do often read and pray through.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all here - prayers expressed and whispered - God knows.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
DearGodinHeaven.....Amen
(no words, just a mess)

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the healing of all kinds of pain. [Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The whole of our block houses are being treated, electricity, kitchens, bathrooms, and it has been a whole week in my home and will be at least another week, as in all, and it's noisy, messy, busy etc etc [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Huia.

For healing for Nanny Ogg.

For healing for Golden Key.

For Ethne Alba.

For successful completion of all the houses on daisymay's block.

For B., for all her dreams to come to fruition.

Still waiting on paperwork to fulfil one long-standing ambition, extension or redeployment at current work situation, completion of dragging-on tasks, have I left anything out? Undoubtedly. It's all good. Let it remain so and become even more good.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you Telepath ..... ditto

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please, folks, Mr. Lamb goes for his re-test for licensing next Saturday. This is a test that is decidedly on the crappy side as far as test writing goes, with confusing questions, bad English, and a reading level that confuses even me (English PhD). And Mr. Lamb is English as a second language. It'll take close to a miracle. please pray? And that we not bite each other's heads off in the meantime with the stress.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Churchy LaFemme
Shipmate
# 11884

- Posted      Profile for Churchy LaFemme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all whose lives were irrevocably changed in northeast Japan on this day in 2011.

[Votive] For all here.

--------------------
Bear and forbear (for a total of five bears).

Posts: 147 | From: Facing the sun | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Mr Chopped to pass that test. For peace in the Chopped household.

For all affected by the earthquake a year ago in Japan.

For Auntie Telenun, for healing.

For the Telemum.

For my job stuff to be sorted out with perfect timing.

--------------------

Oscar P.
Shipmate
# 10412

- Posted      Profile for Oscar P.   Email Oscar P.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For my friend T, having outpatient surgery on Tuesday. That the procedure goes smoothly.
Posts: 93 | From: Gateway to the West | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

Continued prayers for all.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My health has been deteriorating since Jan, and added to all my mental health problems (I'm now on the severe and enduring list), I'm in pain most of the time. It's not bad-bad pain, just sore enough that i use perscription/over the counter painkillers most days. I've got an assessment at the Chronic Fatigue Clinic on the 29th March, which should help, but I'll have to get someone to take me there. Luckily I've enough time to bully someone with a car into taking me, but it will be one more stress.

And I'm getting fired on Thursday for my sickness record. Technically I will have failed my probationary period for the second time, but it's still the same outcome. I'm waiting to hear about disability living allowance, but as my diagnosis' are all screwy I will probably have to appeal as everything is changing week in. At the moment my official diagnosis changed to 'mild depression', but was severe enough that I've passed to the severe and enduring team for intensive help.

I'm just hoping that I've paid enough National Insurance contributions to get Employment and Support Allowance, but even that will be very stressy to get. Please pray. [Help]

Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] sophs [Votive]

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

for relief of pain, relief of stress and infusion of health for Sophs
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
God = love.

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the repose of the soul of Nora, my lovely neighbour, who died on Saturday [Tear]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] sophs

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]
MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for your prayers.. I am happy to let you know that small steps have been taken toward my daughter being allowed more time with the children.. the PTB have granted her W/E access.

She is travelling home to UK for a short break with the baby which I hope will go a long way to helping her feel better, and mean that the whole family can finally get to see baby Grace.

Due to so much stress and horrible stuff going on where I am living, I have asked my parents to put her up. Happily they agreed, and my attempts at manipulating a way out of a tricky situation seem to have had a heavenly hand in being sorted.

Two out of three aint bad... and I am really really thankfull...but... today Laura has taken a dramatic turn for the worse and is as poorly mentally as I have ever seen her outside of being sectioned and in hospital... whereas I saw her yesterday and she appeared so well.
I have spent the day with her, arriving just as she was about to baptise herself in the bath with scriptural passages floating in the water... I am drained and exhausted, she was seen by Social Worker and GP, now just watching and waiting to see how things settle overnight and prepared to call 999 if necessary.
(She is under a Community Treatment Recall Order)
It really is that bad, everyone is hoping that the prn meds and antibiotics will kick in and she will be able to remain out of hospital, but no one is going to put money on it.
Been here so many times [brick wall] [brick wall] [brick wall]

--------------------
What do we want.... Cure for Obesity
When do we want it.... After Dessert.

Posts: 1032 | From: OILOVWOIGHT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In a treatment not known for its niceties, my mum had a particularly bad turn last night. Please pray that she recovers, and the next few weeks in hospital, in isolation, are event free.
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sending love to my Shipmates. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all

[Votive]

Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Sophs
[Votive] MiceElf and daughter

[Votive] L, hoping that Wednesday's hospital tests will have good results and that there need be no more
[Votive] C, in too much pain to sleep

[Votive] Anyone finding life trying just now
[Votive] and for peace in the Middle East and no more reprisals.

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Oscar P.'s friend T, that the procedure goes smoothly.

For sophs, for healing. For restoration of finances and career.

For the repose of the soul of Jahlove's Nora.

For MiceElf's family, especially for baby Grace and healing for Laura.

For Ferijen's mother, for healing.

For healing for amber.'s L.

For anyone finding life trying just now and for peace in the Middle East and no more reprisals.

For neighbours R. And J. Moving into sheltered housing. R. Had a hemorrhage last night and J. Is mentally very confused.

We will soon have new neighbours, may we be good to them and they to us.

For the Telemum.

For K. whose mother is in chronic pain, is very controlling, and is harassing her relentlessly. K. Needs to do well in an upcoming interview and is doing very badly financially as her employers have screwed up her pay check for several months in a row.

Paperwork for The Long Standing Ambition came through, yay! ...the website submit form gives a server error every time. They'll send me a paper form. In the mail. Eventually.

For my finances.

For all my job stuff to be smoothed out without a hitch.

For a fun yet onerous chore that I stupidly volunteered for last year.

For guidance about how best to spend my time tomorrow and maximise my chances of not failing in life with a resounding splat.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was in a nasty car crash today, probably totaled both cars. (I ran a stopsign--wasn't paying attention.) I have no broken bones or internal injuries as far as the paramedic and I were able to tell, and the last I knew the other people were okay also. Thank God for airbags or I'd probably be in a hospital room dying. All prayers appreciated.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
I was in a nasty car crash today, probably totaled both cars. (I ran a stopsign--wasn't paying attention.) I have no broken bones or internal injuries as far as the paramedic and I were able to tell, and the last I knew the other people were okay also. Thank God for airbags or I'd probably be in a hospital room dying. All prayers appreciated.

So sorry Mousethief - glad you're OK but you and the other parties must be shocked. Prayers that you will all recover soon and not lose confidence.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mousethief and everyone involved. [Votive]

--------------------
What do we want.... Cure for Obesity
When do we want it.... After Dessert.

Posts: 1032 | From: OILOVWOIGHT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] mousethief

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Mousethief. Oh, my! [Frown]

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] Praying for all here. [Tear]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

I could still use guidance, information, and hope.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

May we all learn to pay better attention, and receive the guidance and hope we need.

Glad you're OK, mt.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016