homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 30)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying for all in need.

My niece's funeral is today and your continued prayers would be greatly appreciated for the family. Thank you for the prayers thus far, they've made a tremendous difference.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] Lord in your mercy hear our prayers.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying as I have read.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen.

One of my oldest friends lost his mother to lung cancer today. Pray for Todd and Mom, please. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Having spent the evening in A+E (see praise thread):

[Votive] for those involved in other accidents who will not greet the morning. And for those who will be mourning.

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We're drowning in stress here.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
MRI went smooth and they were awesome about the money part. I have forms to fill out to see if the hospital will essentially grant me the amount/forgive the bill. my last MRI was $7,000, so this would be a VERY GOOD THING.

praying though the thread. hang in there, Lambie. I know the feeling. hughughug.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying through for each (The Ship is in my prayers even when i am away from my pc for an extended time.)

for James brother-in-law, and for his sister and James himself

for Grammatica and all feeling beaten down by employment situations

that work on cancer therapies will yield more breakthroughs, especially for those conditions currently with poor prognoses, and that all who can benefit from them will have access to them regardless of financial situation

for Comet and for Ed

for my cousin C in New York now. Not sure how he is doing -- hard to tell from our recent phone conversations. Guidance, direction and fulfillment for him.

thanksgiving that i feel wonderfully healthy and happy to be freed of the salt mine (i.e. my old job) and that i have no bad effects from my anti-melanoma therapy. One more infusion to go, next Monday -- praying that upcoming tests will show that the therapy has worked. Prayers that i have the discernment needed to make the best financial and other decisions regarding my post-salt mine status.

[ 26. April 2012, 02:10: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayer
And let our cry come unto you
[Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Lamb Chopped and her husband

[Votive] Comet and her hospital bill

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
American pastors have taken a Vietnamese snake to their bosoms, who is running around the community telling lies about them, himself, us, basically everything in range. They naturally hear nothing of this (not speaking the language) and refuse to believe us, since we're obviously jealous [Roll Eyes] Why are people such idiots? Said snake is making a strong effort to destroy the church and may well succeed. Pray that God would protect his people--and that the eyes of the Americans would finally be opened.

[ 26. April 2012, 11:25: Message edited by: Lamb Chopped ]

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading through and praying for all mentioned

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all.
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For nicolemrw's financial problem to be resolved quickly.

For Lamb Choooed's J, her work situation, and her church.

For jedijudy and her friend S.

For Master S and his girlfriend.

For Ethne Alba.

For healing and discernment for MaryLA's Jan.

For healing for Boadicea Trott. Also for strength, and for work for her husband.

For Dormouse's C and her husband, for fairness. For healing for C's mother.

For Raptor Eye's D. For F and P.

For saysay, for guidance and help and an end to this bewildering situation.

For comet's Ed, for healing.

For comet, for healing. For housekeeping too. For the hospital to forgive her the bill.

For Mrs S's N, and for discernment for J and her sister.

For Niteowl2 and her family.

For Kelly Alves' Todd and Mom, please.

For James brother-in-law, and for his sister and James himself.

For Grammatica and all feeling beaten down by employment situations

That work on cancer therapies will yield more breakthroughs, especially for those conditions currently with poor prognoses, and that all who can benefit from them will have access to them regardless of
financial situation

For guidance, direction and fulfilment for malik3000's cousin C.

For healing for malik3000.

Just seen a very disturbing image that I can't get out of my mind.

As always, more funding is needed, kthxbai

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Lord, we bring so much before you so often. But it's because we love you so much, and we know you love us and will not burden us beyond our ability to withstand. But not as we will, dear Lord, but as you will.

My friend R. has dropped off the radar again. The last conversation I had with him was positive and upbeat, but he has not responded to e-mails or phone calls for over a month now. Pray that God will hold him clasped tightly to his bosom whatever situation he may find himself in.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

I got this message about my friend S in UK this morning:

quote:
Well the update on S is that it is tonsil cancer and it is a grade 3, which is aggressive. He is starting 7 weeks of radiotherapy, and Chemo in weeks 1,4, and 7. It is going to be tough going for him let me tell you.
Prayers and upholding appreciated.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers would be appreciated for some decisions to be made and also my anxiety around making these decisions!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Am thinking of and praying for all mentioned here.

Update on my friend in a coma--she still shows no sign of consciousness, but her eyes have opened intermittently and she is breathing on her own without the respirator for 16 hours straight. These things bode well. Thank you for your prayers.

But her family still wait for consciousness and to find out if there is brain damage.

cara

--------------------
Pondering.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Neighbour boy's family in similar situation over grandfather knocked down some days ago - he is still in ICU but today he opened his eyes. It is only a small step but it is definitely progress.

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for M, someone we've known for a long time. He's alchoholic, and is going to detox.

Please also praty for J, who's father died last weekend.

Gigabites still needs your prayers - please see this article:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/south-wales-news/rhymney-valley/2012/04/26/a-youth-centre-which-has-opened-its-door s-to-thousands-of-young-people-could-be-forced-to-close-91466-30840099/

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] All of us
Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For R.

For Welease Woderwick's S, for healing. For the neighbour boy's grandfather.

For some decisions to be made and Auntie Doris's anxiety around making
these decisions.

For Cara's friend, for healing.

For St Gwladys's M, for healing. For. J. For Gigabites.

I need to be savagely, uncompromisingly great at my job on Monday. Also, funding.

For good habit forming.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

Doing another job application here - again, please pray for the right outcome for everyone involved.

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

My financial situation is somewhat better, thanks for praying.

Please a few prayers for my brother for strength and guidance while you're at it.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For a great job for Malin.

For Nicolemrw's finances. For her brother.

For the requisite funding. For two long-standing ambitions that are stuck in the mud.

[ 28. April 2012, 22:23: Message edited by: Telepath ]

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers still for M please as medical uncertainties loom for him.

Also for Youngest One here as he battles with Job Centre nonsense

And for my sanity while this goes on pleaseandthankyouverymuchindeed

[ 28. April 2012, 23:28: Message edited by: Ethne Alba ]

Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all: [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

It may be the situation in my workplace is at last coming to a head. (And far above my own head.) Please pray for all of us, and especially for the people at the top, who find themselves suddenly involved in a very difficult situation.

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Stress at church has dropped somewhat, and Mr. Lamb is able to smile again. On the other hand, Grandma is very likely to die in the next couple of days, which will mean a sudden trip out of town right when my boss is scheduled to tell me whether I've improved as a human being enough to keep me around. (He does not cope well with funerals, feels all time off should be scheduled WELL in advance. Like, months. I got disciplined after the last funeral. If Grandma dies, I'm going anyway.)

--------------------

snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all here [Votive]

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

...especially Lamb Chopped's boss and all those he manages, who sound like they need a few buckets full of prayer at the moment!

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our parish had a bombshell this morning - our vicar is going to a parish in the west of Wales in October. Please pray for us, and pray for those in authority that they might chose the right person to take the parish on - we are a very "low" parish in a "high" diocese.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Ethne Alba's M, for healing. For employment for Youngest Alba. For Ethne Alba's sanity (not to be tested too long).

For Grammatica's workplace, especially the people at the top.

For Lamb Chopped's Grandma, for a safe journey home. For Lamb Chopped's boss. For something amazing to happen so that Lamb Chopped doesn't even need to go back, or else for boss to have an epiphany and stop acting like a jerk. (You are very patient, Lamb Chopped, as I would have startaggregating alternative employment the first time I was disciplined for attending a funeral. Yowza.)

For St Gwladys's parish, for the right person to replace the vicar.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Er, started aggressively seeking. Get thee behind me, Autocorrect.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I mentioned elsewhere that we had to cancel our meeting because a tree had come down over the entry road. I've found out since that it landed on the roof of the car belonging to one of our loyal and hard-working church members, who had gone in early to set up the PA and his car now looks more like a hedge. He wasn't in it, but still.

[Votive] for P, and that his car can be made right soon and cheaply (if you can pray for a car).

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For A. having an emergeny caesarian at 31 weeks gestation. For mum and baby.
Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For St Gwladys' parish facing change

[Votive] for LC in her workplace

[Votive] for repairs to P's car

[Votive] for Zacchaeus' A and her baby

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Grandma's gotten slightly better (it's apparently the old "will she, won't she?" thing--though I'm VERY grateful). As for boss, I'll gladly take the epiphany or the something amazing (please, Lord!). I've been both aggressively seeking AND aggregating other employment ever since the first funeral! (free lance stuff) But it's a lousy job market, as everybody here knows.

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For the miraculous healing of Sioni's friend's car.

For Zacchaeus' A, and the safe arrival of lowercase a.

For St Gwladys' parish facing change.

For Grandma Chopped, for healing. For reform of the character of Lamb Chopped's boss. And alternative employment.

And continuous employment for me pls, kthx.

I really need to get my act together, generally... Much as I've made great strides. I'm still fat, in debt, cluttered, inattentive, dubiously employed, uneducated, on the shelf, morose, and generally loserly.[1] On the bright side, I arranged all my purple eyeshadows into one box, so, there's a small victory to be celebrated. [brick wall]

[1] contains mild exaggeration

Churchy LaFemme
Shipmate
# 11884

- Posted      Profile for Churchy LaFemme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for your prayers, everyone. My dad died the day before I arrived in the States.

Having a hard time with the fact that I did not get to see him again.

--------------------
Bear and forbear (for a total of five bears).

Posts: 147 | From: Facing the sun | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Churchy la femme, for space to mourn and peace

For all who have posted here. [Votive]

I have made a stupid mistake at work, which lead to what could have been a very dangerous situation. Luckily (I work with young children) everyone was OK. I am (together with coworker) in a situation of being deservedly in a lot of trouble. Is worrying, but also upsetting that I made such a mistake. Please pray for me if you can.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016