homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 34)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for birdie's friends G and L in their tragic loss

[Votive] for Golden Key's dental problem, general health, and private intentions. For GK's friend's new marriage

[Votive] for Wesley J on a tough day

[Votive] for Cara's friend in a coma and her family

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

Another part time job interview this week and prayer requested for the right outcome and the right childcare to line up if they say yes!

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
and praying....
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for the five children who died in the house fire in Masha's city.

For comfort, strength and healing for birdie's G and L and eternal joy for C.

For a fast and painless recovery for harmony hope.

For Master Strange, his parents and godparents

For funding and continuous employment for me.

For Ags' colleague and son and the repose of the soul of her husband

For malik3000's cousin C that he may find his way

For Golden Key, for healing and private intentions. For Golden Key's friend in her new marriage.

For Wesley J, for a less tough day.

For QLib's personal matters.

For Cara's friend, for healing. For her family.

For malin's job and childcare.

Scary meeting tomorrow!

For neighbour J., not doing well, going into a nursing home.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] A sixth child has died as a result of the house fire in Masha's city. For the repose of their souls.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive] May I also ask prayers for my work situation which is driving ever so slowly around the bend.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all of the children who have died recently or at this time of the year, Lord may they know your eternal loving embrace. Amen.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying...
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. Asking for prayers for L who is going to a job interview tomorrow and really needs a job.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tomorrow is my second disciplinary review.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

For me, for guidance and help in sorting out the newest complication in the never-ending situation. And for hope that things might actually turn out well, and for hope for humanity in general.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all, and those we care about, in the light [Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by QLib:
Holding us all, and those we care about, in the light [Votive]

Amen

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] that Malin's job interview goes well and for childcare

[Votive] for funding, continuous employment and for strength in a scary meeting for Telepath

[Votive] for the repose of the soul of the child who died by fire in Masha's city, mentioned by Japes

[Votive] for Enigma's difficult work situation

[Votive] for Nicolemrw's L who really needs a job, that her interview goes well

[Votive] for Lamb Chopped's disciplinary review

[Votive] that saysay might resolve this latest complication in her situation and for hope for humanity

For all unvoiced prayers and all answered prayers.

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Masha
Shipmate
# 10098

- Posted      Profile for Masha   Email Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As mentioned by Japes, a sixth child has died.

The parents had to make the decision to turn off life support.

I hear that they are offering others the gift of life through organ donation.

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all [Votive]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord have mercy.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm off to the USA tomorrow for the first time, on my own. Prayers please for strength to deal with the issues thrown my way and for my ability to deal with my jet lag issues.

J

P.s. also for an upgrade to business class ( [Big Grin] ) on the plane pls...

--------------------
Was Jenny Ann, but fancied being more minimal.

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all of us.
[Votive] God be with us all.
[Votive] may there be some plan, even though we can't see it.

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the now six children who have died as a result of the house fire in Masha's city. Lord wipe all tears from their eyes. For the parents, have mercy.

For Enigma's work situation.

For Nicolemrw's L to get the job.

For Lamb Chopped to discipline them good and proper tomorrow.

For saysay, for guidance and help and things to turn out well.

For Malin's job interview to go well, and for childcare.

Meeting was great, boss says that untold success could soon be ours... Hm. Untold success would be nice.

For Jenny Ann, for strength, sleep hygiene, and an upgrade.

I really want to drastically improve my dancing skills over the next couple months. My current strategy of lying around eating donuts is not producing the spectacular results I had hoped for.

For J.'s new business venture.

snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tomorrow we will be flying (ack! I hate airplanes!) to Minnesota to attend our niece's graduation and commissioning (into the US Air Force) Please pray that it will all go well.

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all, and those we care about, in the light. [Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In my home, there is water leaking out from the heating area and it's an emergency to get it fixed. Also since Monday evening, I've had stomach migraine and it's quite a bit better now but still a bit painful - good medicine to help. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The emergency man has managed just now to fix the water and get the heating on again! [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I finally heard from my friend R. He sounded very depressed and even mentioned that perhaps he'd be better off dead. I'm going to visit him tomorrow and will be able to stay for at least a week. Quite frankly, I'm afraid of what I might find. Please pray for both of us.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] For us all - we are all God's dear children.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For R and for all those struggling to find a way through

For the family and friends of the children killed in Masha's city - the father asked today for privacy to greive: for them to have space and comfort in their loss. And in thanks for the community who are supporting them.

For all our needs this day, spoken and unspoken.

I suspect strongly that the head office at my employment is planning to close down my place of work - please pray for me to find a new job quickly, and for a positive attitude to the hunt.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers please for my cousin M who is a pastor in Oregon.
His Dad is seriously ill in hospital and the family is at his bedside. [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all - work troubles are starting to work themselves out such was my explosion. Thank you for prayers all - don't give up though!!

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For the snowgeese's migration to go well.

For healing for daisymay.

For Amanda's friend R, for healing.

For the family and friends of the children killed in Masha's city.

For Mrs Shrew's workplace, and for her to find new employment swiftly if need be.

For Tree Bee's cousin M and his Dad.

For Enigma's work to be untroubled.

Boss sent off an important message today and said "fingers crossed" - well, I think my shipmates can do much more powerful than that.

I would also like to do a great day's work tomorrow.

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The situation at work has worsened so drastically that I am going to do with fear and trembling what I said I'd never do--I'm going to go talk to HR (preferably with my boss's boss along to moderate things). I'm scared crapless. My last encounter there was memorable for the number of holes it left in my anatomy.

But I've got no choice. I'm on the verge of a breakdown here. Oh, and my mother's in kidney failure again, or nearly.

Dear God, make it stop.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
From your other posts, I have some idea just how bad things must be for you to feel like you are left with no other option. May the Lord give you the strength to get through what lies ahead for you. [Votive]

--------------------
A new church and a new earth, with Spiritual Insights for Everyday Life.

Posts: 1565 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all.

In faith and love, dear Lord, please give a divine hug to those who are in distress. May your wisdom and strength guide our shipmates through rough waters.

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Special prayers for you Lamb Chopped , that you may find a pathway out of your despair.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

For all in trouble at work or out of it. [Votive]

For all the lost. [Votive]

For all of us on board and those we care about. [Votive]

--------------------

Churchy LaFemme
Shipmate
# 11884

- Posted      Profile for Churchy LaFemme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Feeling rough today--troubles at work and troubles with a friend.

Oh, and [Votive] that I might get to Bangladesh this year.

[Votive] For all here.

--------------------
Bear and forbear (for a total of five bears).

Posts: 147 | From: Facing the sun | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for N, the wife of a dear friend. She has the early stages of dementia or something like it and is on a clinical trial for new medication. Today she faces a battery of tests - please pray for positive results.
Also for strength for J, her husband, a truly good man and servant of his Lord.

The not-so-intrepid Mrs. S

[Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Continuing prayers for those choosing the next Archbishop of Canterbury.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for your prayers. Seeing my name on here, and taken up by others, has been deeply moving and reassuring, again. I'm sure this rings true for others here as well. Upholding each other does work, and as we know who we ask for help - Lord and God -, we can be certain of his caring love and his answering us in ways sometimes mysterious, sometimes spectacular. But answering always.

Got 4 days off now for the long Ascension weekend, and am able to rest and stuff myself with lotsa nice food. And go for walks. And things. Which of course helps greatly. [Smile]

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

For all in need, whether they dare to post, or do not:

Lord, overwhelm us with your great mercy and generous love again and again, and do not cease; so that we might live in the knowledge and hope of your being there, and indeed your not being silent. Amen.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all, and especially for Lamb Chopped today. Don't forget to breathe, LC.

[Votive]

If you have any spare prayers, I could really do with them. A succession of extremely difficult and draining funerals, on top of parish reorganisation, plus some difficult people, plus deanery issues on top of the approach of the first anniversary of my mother's death....well, you can guess. I especially need to find time to prepare paperwork for my tax lady tomorrow. And a bit of space to hear what God shouted at me this morning...

Thank you.

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For my grandfather, G, who died peacefully in his sleep last night. For my grandmother J who was already so lonely with him in a nursing home. For his sons S and W (my dad) and their families. For all the grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

I has a sad.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a Skype interview today at 16h BST. Plus two others next week. The one I think I really want is on Tuesday...But please pray I do my best for all three, and whichever is the One for me will be chosen.

If that makes sense.

(Of course, I may not be offered any of them!!!)

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all [Votive]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all in need of prayer, posting here or not...

Lord in your mercy
Hear our prayer
[Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016