homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 35)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My cat Zorro has gone missing

I've contacted the local vets and Cat Protection League with his details. My boyfriend and my neighbours went looking for him yesterday evening but to no avail.

I've just come back from walking trying to find him but have no luck and now my back is killing me [Frown]

I can't stop crying and worrying about him. I know he's "only a cat" as J keeps telling me but I love him to bits and am really missing him.

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry for the double post but thanks to people's prayers Zorro is now at home safe and sound [Smile]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm meant to be starting ordination training in september. I hve just received a letter stating that the medical people need to talk to my gp before they will clear me for training. This is probably nothing, but I'm scared right now. It's been a very long path to get this far.
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay for Zorro's safe return [Yipee]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
praying through...esp for medical people who need to make the right decisions...and in time....
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(((Lamb Chopped))) [Votive]

I got the part time job! I've been applying and interviewing for over a year since relocating so it's a huge relief to take a small step back into employment (10 hour a week post).

Many thanks for the prayers - now can childcare fall into place please! :-)

And for G, fretting over making the right decision [Votive]

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's late so I'll just say: repeat after Lamb Chopped, Pooks, Churchy LaFemme, Mrs S, Chorister, Wesley J, St Everild, To The Pain, Dormouse, Jenn., and Malin. And, uh, me.

Neighbour J. died last night. Please pray for R. And for J.'s sisters.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the light [Votive]

Travelling mercies for Wodders and any other shipmates on the move. [Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was offered the job! I've not said yes yet, as I have 3 other interviews but it's nice to know that if they go pear shaped, it doesn't matter.
Continued prayers for those whose job situations are stickier than mine.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Très bien! [= Very good!]

Well done, you. [Smile]

[Votive] for all

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As Wesley says, it brings such comfort to know of shipmates praying for us by name. Thank you all ...

and can I ask for prayer for another J, husband of a dear friend, convinced he has bowel cancer? Please pray that a) he is mistaken, b) that his health issues can be readily sorted, and c) that they can go on holiday with their two very small girls, as planned. Or some approximation thereto ....

and that Master S and his girlfriend manage the move (on Saturday) from their shared flat in the grown-up and amicable manner that they have managed their break-up so far.

Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer

Mrs. S, thankful but always asking for more
[Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Intrepid Mrs S:
[...] Mrs. S, thankful but always asking for more [Votive]

That's what we're here for.

(Only if you've got music and got rhythm, you won't ask for anything more. [Biased] )

[Votive]

[ 18. May 2012, 08:00: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Killing me]

Clearly you have been spared the sight of me and my tambourine!

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray. Mini-crisis agin which is worrying. Explanations will be forthcoming soon. I am v. worried though.

Thanks.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for you and those you love, Auntie Doris

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In about two hours I'll be walking in to the office of the Powers that Be to put my documentation of my boss's misbehavior on the desk. I'm only doing this because the option of chickening out is no longer on the table. Are there any HR types on the Ship I could ask questions of? My past experience with HR has been discouraging to say the least. If any such Shipmate reads this, would you be so kind as to PM me? It's going to be a wild ride...

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] praying through

I've been in that position, LC; no HR advice to give you, just a reasurance that prayers are ascending.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What Meg the Red says. My experience of HR is that they act as advisors to keep employers* on the right side of the law, so prayer appears to be in order

*understandable as they are paid employees

[Votive] LC

An end to Auntie Doris's worry

A favourable outcome and peace of mind for the Intrepid Mrs S's friend J ; for Master S's break-up to continue peacefully.

For Telepath's J , family and friends. For Telepath's prayer ministry.

For an end to the fretting for Malin's G.

For all the medical people, mentioned by Ethne Alba who have to make big decisions.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

For all, especially now The Guernsey Cow and Choppy. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

birdsoftheair
Shipmate
# 15219

- Posted      Profile for birdsoftheair     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

please could you pray protection on me and Mr B from a malicious neighbour and for strength and fortitude for caring for an Aged P with heart failure.Feeling a bit [Frown] just now.

Thanks

Birds

Posts: 1069 | From: under 180 degrees of sky | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading through and praying for each in turn [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay for good news on the job front Malin and Dormouse!

[Votive] for all and those you care about.

edited to get names right.

[ 18. May 2012, 13:29: Message edited by: neandergirl ]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying! [Votive]
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all those choosing the next Archbishop of Canterbury, for wisdom in making the right choice.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Current crisis over. Hoping there are no more for a while!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My lovely and quite, quite mad wee brother is now in sheltered accommodation and seems to be settling in. Please pray for this to be a great place for him to thrive. Please also pray that all the staff there will be as fabulous as the nurses in the mental health hospital where he's spent more than half of his past 10 years.

Also please pray for my Dad, who is popping down to see him (130 miles each way) most weekends.

Cattyish, hopeful.

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Came home from a stdent reunion on the weekend to find that my stepmother Betty had had a heart atack. She's been transferred from our local hospital to the Gwent (Birdie can tell you that parking there is awful) and her son was told that she has narrowing of the arteries and will need a "procedure" else she could have a fatal heart attack within 6 weeks. I don't really want to see Bet being ill, but I'm also selfish enough not to want the stress of visiting, although I can only really go on the weekend.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
For all
and especially for Lamb Chopped - having been in more than one bad work environment i think i can empathise, but not being an HR type, i don't have any practical advice

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My 7yr old son managed to fall off a metre high ledge and smack his head on hard ground this evening. Large egg shaped lump on head but didn't knock himself out. He seems to have recovered ok and has no funny symptoms but I would appreciate prayers that he's not concussed himself or done any other damage, and that if he has we would recognise it and be able to get some appropriate help. Thanks.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Travelling mercies for Welease Woderwick and any other shipmates in transit.

For Dormouse to leisurely select the most toothsome amongst the many offers that will soon be spread before her. (Thank You.)

For Mrs S' J, for healing and uninterrupted holidaymaking. For a successful move for Master S and his girlfriend.

For Auntie Doris, for no more crises for a while.

For Lamb Chopped. Please consult an employment lawyer right away, like now. HR are there to support the organization, not you.

For Malin's G.

For the family and friends of J.

For protection for birdsoftheair and Mr B from the neighbour (have a look on nononsenseselfdefense.com where there is a page on problem neighbours) and for strength and fortitude for caring for Aged P. And for healing for Aged P.

For wisdom in choosing the next Archbishop of Canterbury.

For cattybro to thrive in his new home. For cattydad who is so dedicated. As to "pop" down for a 260-mile round trip each weekend.

For healing for St. Gwladys' Betty.

For Lucia's grandson, for healing (yes he is probably fine, but it's worth praying over)

Had a really good gig today, which I pray will go towards my long-standing ambition. It is extremely cool that I was allowed to take this with only one day's notice from my full-time job. Is it any wonder that I want to stay in that job and to do excellent work for them? I have both rhythm and music, but I'm also fairly voracious.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all. Thanksgiving for Shipmates' new employment and the safe return of Zorro. Praying for Lamb Chopped that all may have gone well.

Please pray for L. and her extended family. Her niece had gastric bypass surgery a short while ago. While the surgery went well, she developed an overwhelming infection in the hospital and died, leaving two young children.

[ 19. May 2012, 00:22: Message edited by: Grammatica ]

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks Telepath. I'm on way back to Manchester tomorrow (well, today your time). I'm really, really tired and it's slightly clouding my memories of the great time I've had over here in Texas. So, prayers for a good (long) undisturbed night's sleep for me please and safe, easy travel tomorrow.

Thanks so much.

Jen

--------------------
Was Jenny Ann, but fancied being more minimal.

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] {{{Healing and strength for L. and her extended family. Eternal joys for L.'s niece}}}

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for your prayers, son seems to be ok apart from a nasty bruise on his head!
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all those travelling (Jenny and Welease Woderwick) or facing work crises (Lamb Chopped)

[Votive] for cattyish's brother in sheltered accommodation, that he might feel at home and be well-cared for; for cattyish's father making long journeys to see his son

[Votive] for St Gwladys' step-mother Betty, that she recovers from the heart attack and necessary procedure

[Votive] gratitude that Lucia's son is fine

[Votive] healing and strength for Malik's L and extended family

[Votive] for more inspiring gigs for Telepath

Asking for prayers for my friend Jan with breast cancer and the small children with Aids at Themba Care hospice in the Overberg

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would love some healing prayers please - had op on Monday which went well but reacted to procedure/pain relief/anaesthetics...very brave at the time and had amazing care but it's left me feeling very sad now I'm at home and can't sleep (!) and I don't know why! [Frown]

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] For all of God's children.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Continued prayers please for L's job search. It's more desperate than I realized, she's in danger of becoming homeless.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telepath:
For Lamb Chopped. Please consult an employment lawyer right away, like now. HR are there to support the organization, not you.

I second this notion.

I'll be off shortly to organize and run our monthly free meal. In the light of the actions against me at the council meeting, I'd appreciate spare prayers for smooth and safe operation. (I was talking with someone about feeling "meh" about the various volunteer work I was doing at the church ... and realized that a lot of it was probably due to, you know, feeling not entirely safe.)

Love you all!

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
hanks or all prayers for Betty, my stepmother. We went to see her today and she looks and sounds great. She's due to have an angioplasty towards the beginning of next week, so shouldn't be in hospital too long. [Smile]

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amazing Grace:
quote:
Originally posted by Telepath:

I second this notion.

I'll be off shortly to organize and run our monthly free meal. In the light of the actions against me at the council meeting, I'd appreciate spare prayers for smooth and safe operation. (I was talking with someone about feeling "meh" about the various volunteer work I was doing at the church ... and realized that a lot of it was probably due to, you know, feeling not entirely safe.)

Love you all!

Will be thinking of you today.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Lamb Chopped.

For Grammatica's L. And her extended family, especially her two grandnieces/nephews.

For Jenny Ann, for (retroactively?) a great journey and great sleep.

For Lucia & son.

For Welease Woderwick.

For cattybro and cattydad.

For St Gwladys' stepmother Betty, for healing.

For healing and strength for Malik's L and extended family.

(I like the way you pray, Mary LA, yes please, more inspiring gigs for me! And for the Telemum)

For healing for Mary LA's friend Jan.

For healing of the small children with Aids at Themba Care Hospice.

For harmony hope to feel better and get good sleep (sometimes you get very sad a few days after anaesthetic so probably that will just go away on its own)

For Nicolemrw's L to have her employment and housing needs met immediately.

Crumbs, Amazing Grace, if you don't feel safe maybe you could get your point across by withdrawing your volunteering! You are helping them and they owe you a safe environment! Either way, I pray for Amazing Grace's safety.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Um, and I forgot: usual employment stuff for me please, kthx
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

Son having seemed fine this morning has now developed a fever and sickness. I spoke to my paediatrician friend, we think it might be a coincidence that it's the day after his bang on the head and he has just gone down with a virus. He has no noticable neurological symptoms. But I can't help feeling very anxious about it all.

Please pray for him and for us to have wisdom. Thank you.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016