homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 41)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all in need. [Votive]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Yerevan
Shipmate
# 10383

- Posted      Profile for Yerevan   Email Yerevan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks Gee D. Mercifully last night was a lot better! I don't think feeding is the issue, as he's quite easy to settle back to sleep without feeding and is perfectly happy during the day. He's also started on solids now and is wolfing them down. He's normally a pretty good sleeper, but has a tendency to go haywire for a few nights when acquiring a new skill (this week's is babbling). We've started propping him on his side to sleep, which seems to help.
Posts: 3758 | From: In the middle | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

- Posted      Profile for Offeiriad   Email Offeiriad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
R, my OH, had four days of misery with a digestive bug that really pulled here down. She seemed to have beaten it, then after three reasonable days it all seems to have come back again. She has serious depression anyway, and the wet and windy weather isn't helping: she is at a real low both physically and emotionally.

Prayers greatly appreciated: thank you!

Posts: 1426 | From: La France profonde | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for those who are suffering [Votive]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May I ask for your prayers please for S, diagnosed with cancer, for her husband D and their family [Votive]

For all who are ill, for those who have asked for prayer here, and all in need of prayer [Votive]

Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all who ask our prayers here.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Thanks for your prayers. Little girl cat is much better; vet prescribed Benadryl 3x daily. What was it Wimber said about ironing? [Big Grin]

[ 07. June 2012, 21:44: Message edited by: Grammatica ]

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kasra
Shipmate
# 10631

- Posted      Profile for Kasra   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through [Votive]

--------------------
Can you spare $13.10 to help find a cure for Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma? http://pages.teamintraining.org/ne/kc12/cburberqb8#home

Posts: 309 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For saysay, for guidance and wisdom in knowing who to talk to and what to say during this last difficult stretch. And that things may somehow work out even though it's a long shot.

For baby yerevan.

For Gee D.

For Golden Key, for healing, general shoring up, and wisely working out some personal matters.

For healing for Oferyas' R.

For Adrienne's S, for healing. For D and their family.

For little girl cat Grammatica.

Boss very despondent about imminent success in Kazakhstan. I take his point that we need something more lucrative. And right away, please? Lord, show us the way! Don't let me miss a trick!

For what I am about to whisper.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lifting all in prayer to the Lord. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just need to ask for your prayers. Prayers that I can hold on, know when to speak and when to keep my mouth shut, and approach the next few weeks with strength, patience, and generosity. Sorry I can't give more context than that. I desperately need some uplifting and am grateful to this community that I can come here and ask for that.

[Votive] for all who post here and for those who can't.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My boyfriend's daughter is coming over here with him from her graduation, about an hour away. The details are on my blog. I am in shock, not sure what all is going on. We all need pray. thx.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen to that, and praying through.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through the thread--and taking it down to church in half an hour. [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please could I ask for prayer for my family - yet more stress that some feel they cannot bear.

My 3 yr old Great Granddaughter and her mother were in a nasty car accident yesterday. Thankfully GGD was not hurt, and her mother escaped with only whiplash and bruises. Car is a write-off. Parents of GGD are not married, do not live together and their relationship is fraught to breaking point. Accident has made things worse. My whole family is further stressed and I can only pray.

Please could you possibly help with prayers?

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you all for your prayers. I have felt much better today. Prayers that Master Yerevan continues to sleep well.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nicodemia and family [Votive]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all here - Lord have mercy [Votive]

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Those praying for M, should know he is still making slow progress but is blind and can't talk. It looks as if they are moving towards discharge.

Now another request J & M are my parents closest friends(M is Mum's best friend, J is more like a brother to Dad than a friend). M is in hospital today with a growth in her stomach for an operation. Please pray for healing in the situation. J will be lost if anything happens to M.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Mamacita to hold on, know when to speak and when to keep her mouth shut, and approach the next few weeks with strength, patience, adn generosity. For some uplifting.

For duchess, her bf, and his daughter.

For Nicodemia, her great-granddaughter and her mother. For replacement of the car, and reconciliation between the great-granddaughter's parents.

For Gee D.

For sleep for baby yerevan.

For Jengie Jon's M, for healing. For the other M, for healing.

Boss and I are writing a grant proposal this weekend... yay? Yay. Surely we shall succeed! We are already huge in Kazakhstan, after all.

For the Telemum.

For this thing I'm trying to do. And all the other things.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Can I ask for prayers for our house sale situation, which has gotten more complicated? Thanks.

Prayers for all here.

[Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you all for your prayers; I'm now all but back to normal, and with the next 2 days at home (Monday's a public holiday here), will be bouncing back to work on Tuesday.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading through and praying for all mentioned

[Votive] prayers requested for all those homeless in the winter cold here in South Africa

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Adrienne:
May I ask for your prayers please for S, diagnosed with cancer, for her husband D and their family

Sad to report that S has died - please keep her family, and our church community, in your prayers. [Votive]
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Adrienne's S, family and friends.

My s-i-l R had a knee replacement a week or two back and has to keep it straight for a while yet. Her husband K can't drive any more (early Parkinson's) so it is as well that their daughters and partners are around to help. Oh, and her dad lives with them and he's 95, though you wouldn't know it.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my friend M and her husband B. B had a liver and pancreas transplant a few years ago and has now rejected his pancreas. He has a massive infection and until that clears up he can't be put on the transplant list. M is really struggling with the stress of it all. Thanks

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all who ask our prayers.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For nicolemrw's house sale situation.

For Gee D.

For Mary LA and for all those homeless in the winter cold in South Africa.

For Adrienne's D, S's family, and their church community.

For Sioni Sais' sister-in-law R, for healing and transportation. For her husband R. For their daughters and partners, for upholding. For her dad.

For chive's M and her husband B, for healing. For upholding for M.

For funding and continuous employment.

For the Telemum.

For K.

For J.

--------------------

birdie

fowl
# 2173

- Posted      Profile for birdie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
mr b and I would value your prayers as we make a big decision about our house move. We are in the middle of buying a house as we are relocating with mr b's job. The house is very close to those places affected today by major flooding in Ceredigion, W Wales. We have paid out solicitor's and surveyor's fees but not yet exchanged contracts so we can walk away from the purchase if we decide that's wise. It has never been affected by flooding in the past although it is near the sea and a river so it all feels a bit close for comfort. Just not sure what to do.

Prayers also for all those people who had to be rescued by helicopter and lifeboat, who have sustained damage to their homes and are facing great losses. Also for those involved in the rescues, including my sister, on the coastguard, and my brother-in-law, on the lifeboat crew. The water is lapping at the bottom of their garden path, but now receding.

--------------------
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Posts: 1290 | From: the edge | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For my good friend H and her family as they grieve for the loss of H's father. He was just such a great man. God grant them peace. For the man himself too.

Cattyish

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been watching those affected by the flooding on TV. You can hear their voices about to break talking about their homes and businesses ruined by the floods and I'm sure they 'lose it' the moment the cameras stop rolling.

[Votive] Lord help them and their communities recover and for our birdie & family to be guided well.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

The Magician and the Girl are on a road-trip right now to Arizona to visit his mom/her grandmother to stay some weeks. Please pray for a safe trip. Thank you for your previous prayers, The Girl seems to be in better spirits now and smiling, enjoying time with her dad. [Smile]

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for the critical boyfriend, surviving brother Sam, and his niece & nephew who've just lost their mother.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my wife, Zeke: she has a small tumor, really a bump, on the middle of her nose. Her doctor is doing a biopsy and will call us when she has the results. God willing, it is not cancer.
[Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Zeke

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the repose of the soul of Adrienne's S, comfort for her grieving family and friends.

[Votive] for funding and continued employment for Telepath, for Telemum

[Votive] discernment in house-buying for Mr and Mrs Birdie, prayers for all endangered by floods

[Votive] prayers for all the homeless and inadequately sheltered suffering in the winter cold here in rural South Africa

[Votive] for the repose of the soul of cattyish's friend H and comfort for his family and loved ones

[Votive] as requested by duchess, for the Magician and the Girl to have a safe road trip

[Votive] as requested by Janine, for those suffering in a domestic violence attack in Grey

[Votive] for Sir Kevin and his wife Zeke undergoing a biopsy

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

[Votive]

--------------------

Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm asking for some prayers please. I'm finding it painfully hard to cope with family life at the moment. I so much *want* to want to be with them but know just how much of a black cloud I bring to the party. Back to work tomorrow - hopefully that'll help...

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016