homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 44)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Update: Nick Wallenda made it across--safely.

Thanks for your prayers.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For a family very close to me. They have been having huge problems with their daughter, getting into debt and stealing from them.

They have discovered that this is because the daughter's partner is addicted to drugs, and she has been doing everything she can to cover it up.
Now they have found out she is very angry with them, and won't speak to them.

Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying through -- [Votive]

For the family mentioned by Zaccheus and all families struggling with addiction [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For a private intention involving my wider family, please.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
praying for all [Votive]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all...

Lord, hear us, And let our cries come unto thee.

[Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My best friend has been going through quite a lot very recently. One of her cats faded mysteriously and died (after running up a 2K vet bill), the car dealership totaled her car when she brought it in for repair, she's remodeling her kitchen so between that and the vet she doesn't exactly have cash right now to get a new one, and to top it off, the construction guys broke a pipe in her half bath and the lack of a proper shutoff meant it ran for 20 minutes and got the house REALLY, REALLY WET. Down to the subfloor. She is fit to be tied, as we say sometimes out here.

So, prayers for Elaine, please?

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for P and her husband A, new is that he is in the last stages of what is terminal cancer.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In thanksgiving that the oncologist said the scan results were good. There is still one melanoma lesion in my bronchial tube but the metabolic activity is much reduced, which the doc says is very good. I'll have a biopsy on Wednesday June 20 on that remaining spot. The treatment i was given forks more gradually than regular chemotherapy and there may be even less by biopsy time. Because of the gradualness of the treatment they will wait til September for another scan. Melanoma not quite gone but getting there. And especial thanks for my amazing lack of suffering and feelings of good health, particular in light of the suffering various cancers have caused to so many loved ones of shipmates, and to shipmates themselves. Big big prayers continuing for all in so much worse circumstances than I.

In thanksgiving for those helping me get my post-retirement finances and health benefits straight and prayers that i can slog through this complicated (to me) situation sufficiently to do my part in this process.

For all the people of Egypt and Syria.

For all victims of violence, family dysfunction, and inhumane job situations.

for our fellow creatures, especially those victimised by human abuse, neglect, abandonment or well-meaning ignorance.

For all needs expressed and unexpressed, and in thanksgiving for this community of intercessors on the ship

[ 16. June 2012, 19:33: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] malik [Smile]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Heartfelt thanks to you God for holding us and seeing us through difficult times.

[Votive] Heartfelt pleas to you God for your close presence with those crying out on this thread.

Amen.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Lady A's coworker and for the healing of her relatives.

For the family known to Zaccheus.

Thank You that Nik Wallenda is safe... What a performer.

For North East Quine's family issue.

For Amazing Grace's friend Elaine.

For Jengie's P and her husband A.

For malik3000, melanoma be gone! For sorting-out of finances.

For the people of Egypt and Syria.

For K., facing a decision to quit her job. It seems that during half term she was well, but on the first day back had a migraine and an outbreak of psoriasis, that this has been a consistent pattern for some months, that she has to find someone else to care for her son from when she gets home until his bedtime, that a quarter of the staff at her school are off sick on any given day, and that five people have quit their jobs because of stress in the past few months, that the school is being sued for a serious incident that resulted from unsafe conditions which all the staff are required to tolerate on an ongoing basis and, in particular, my friend is required to go in on Monday and face the same situation which on this occasion is going to be even less safe than usual.This is her first real job so she does not understand that this isn't typical. I have told her to consult her GP and her union rep and an employment lawyer.

Oh, and speaking of employment... Y'know.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Malik and may the treatment continue to do its work.

For Aung San Suu Kyi and all the people of Burma moving towards a peaceful and democratic community.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying as I prepare to sleep. Committing all to our Lord who never sleeps. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through the list. For Zacchaeus's friends and their daughter, North East Quine's family, Jengie's P and her husband A., Chive, saysay, Churchy, S's healing, strength for Kasra, Lady A.'s coworkers' family, Mad Cat, Sioni Sales, and Mrs. S's coworker P., and Telepath's K.

And thanksgiving and prayers for Malik. [Axe murder]

quote:
Originally posted by Amazing Grace:
My best friend has been going through quite a lot very recently. ... to top it off, the construction guys broke a pipe in her half bath and the lack of a proper shutoff meant it ran for 20 minutes and got the house REALLY, REALLY WET. Down to the subfloor. She is fit to be tied, as we say sometimes out here.

So, prayers for Elaine, please?

Prayers for Elaine, gladly. The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago.
[Votive]

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through, especial prayers for malik [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for P, my choir leader, who has a concert to direct and conduct at tomorrow night.
She had root canal work a week ago and now has a swollen jaw and is in great pain.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Yam-pk
Shipmate
# 12791

- Posted      Profile for Yam-pk   Email Yam-pk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all the prayers posted above.

I'd appreciate prayer that I would aquit myself well in front of the Middle Temple scholarship committee on Thursday @ 12pm UK time, and that they will decide to offer a generous amount to help me fund my post-grad law diploma.

[ 17. June 2012, 17:23: Message edited by: Yam-uk ]

Posts: 472 | From: The Grim North | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My friend JC got a (FREE) operation for his kidney stones and is back in business!

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] on calendar, yam

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Malik and may the treatment continue to do its work. Melanoma be gone!

For Aung San Suu Kyi and all the people of Burma moving towards a peaceful and democratic community.

For Enigma, the sleep of the just.

For Zacchaeus's friends and their daughter, North East Quine's family, Jengie's P and her husband A., Chive, saysay, Churchy, S's healing, strength for Kasra, Lady A.'s
coworkers' family, Mad Cat, Sioni Sais, and Mrs. S's coworker P., and my K.

For Amazing Grace's Elaine. And thanks for JC's healing.

For Tree B 's P, for healing and a successful concert.

For Yam-uk, for funding. (similar for me pls kthx)

So yesterday I had to pay an eye watering customs charge, today I go to print out a form from my agent and on closer examination it turns out to be a bill for the next year's fees, just when I don't have the money and am about to have no income. Then when I tried to print it I found I really had run out of ink entirely, and ruined one of my last three sheets of paper - right before my big job hunting campaign starts, so another ££ to replenish those as it can't be put off any longer. And they want new photos too, so that'll be at least ££. I don't know where the money's coming from. I'd like this shtick to be a source of income, not just a source of outgo.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for all your prayers - young Master S. nailed his promotion to Senior Executive Officer! This was a rare chance at promotion and he was the outstanding candidate, they offered him the job the same day as his interview.

Thanks also for your prayers after his relationship break-up; they remain on good terms and he seems almost back to his usual self.

"Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort" - why do I have such trouble remembering that?

Thank you God, thank you shipmates [Overused]

Mrs. S, truly blessed in so many ways

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all the needs expressed here, and those spoken in our hearts - Lord hear us [Votive]

Lord, Telepath needs some bucks. Of your goodness, supply her needs [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Yipee] [Axe murder] Mrs. S.

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
shamwari
Shipmate
# 15556

- Posted      Profile for shamwari   Email shamwari   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our neighbour, Pat,aged 80, suffered a stroke yesterday and has still not recovered consciousness in hospital

It came out of the blue.

Prayers please for her and her husband who is devastated.

Posts: 1914 | From: from the abyss of misunderstanding | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
On Thursday morning I shouted at a student, and got sent home. This morning I had a meeting with my Head; she wants to end my contract for Child Safety reasons. I pleaded my case as best I could; she will think it over again, talk again to the rest of the Senior Management, and let me know the result tomorrow afternoon. I'm scared. If I lose this job I can't see myself getting another.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Robert Armin and $£$£ for Telepath

Our pastor is unwell and because a few people have left the church recently he's taken it all on himself. We've got a whole team leading it so they ought to take some of the worry off him. His wife says he's feeling like Job, but he's a Job who has put himself down, which for someone who preaches Romans 8 so persistently is an awful state to be in. [Votive] for P, please.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Horseman Bree
Shipmate
# 5290

- Posted      Profile for Horseman Bree   Email Horseman Bree   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Shirley, who is having brain surgery (the introduction of electrical stimuli to reduce her dystonia) this morning.

[ 18. June 2012, 12:57: Message edited by: Horseman Bree ]

--------------------
It's Not That Simple

Posts: 5372 | From: more herring choker than bluenose | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Robert, I wish you peace of mind and a happy outcome.

[Votive] For a three year old girl who has just been discovered to have a large tumour which needs to be removed immediately. She'll be operated on this week. Please pray that this is successful, and that any follow-up treatment will also be successful.

[Votive] For anyone struggling with depression, that there may be light for you.

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

For me, for guidance and general help sorting things out.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr D has had a falling out with friends who wanted him to do something minor but illegal. When he refused there was misunderstanding and accusations aplenty - whe you put a fiery Frenchman and a stubborn Englishman who both think they're right together there is sure to be fireworks. I hate upsets like this and fear our friendship really will suffer over this. (Which may or may not be a bad thing considering they wanted him to do something illegal, & didn't really accept it when he refused.)

I'm not sure what I would ask you to pray for, to be honest...

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all.
[Votive] Especially for Yam.

Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and Praying [Votive]

Malino has now succumbed to the pox of chickens so prayer appreciated for an easy time of it. Malinette is still healing from her bout two weeks ago. I started my new job a couple of weeks ago and it's been chickens ever since!

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
praying: for jobs and health, relationships and homes, sadnesses and worries, grace and mercies.
The Kat in the Hat
Shipmate
# 2557

- Posted      Profile for The Kat in the Hat   Email The Kat in the Hat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Armin:
On Thursday morning I shouted at a student, and got sent home. This morning I had a meeting with my Head; she wants to end my contract for Child Safety reasons. I pleaded my case as best I could; she will think it over again, talk again to the rest of the Senior Management, and let me know the result tomorrow afternoon. I'm scared. If I lose this job I can't see myself getting another.

Prayers for you. I have been in a similar situation where the children have said I shouted at them. The parents took offence and now I am out of work. This in a school that had asked for me as my behaviour management was strict. I'm not sure my heart is in teaching anymore - I love the kids, but can't stand the politics.

--------------------
Less is more ...

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Master S.

Thanks for saying it, Mad Cat! I do in fact need some bucks. I must say that my good-habit program is getting nowhere fast, since I am at least as fat/in debt etc. as when I started. Then I think I can't be expected to have full control over all circumstances. Then I think that I can't be expected to have full self-control. Then I get really frustrated.

I'm also in trouble for not doing something because I did something else, in a time crunch. I thought the something else was pretty successful and met the actual goal, but at the same time I didn't follow instructions, so, ouch. At the root of this is that Boss is panicking because we have a short time left, he thinks his reputation is on the line, and none of us know what we're doing (by the nature of it - it's an exploratory study). The thing is, *I'm the only one who understands the subject matter in both departments.* I don't exactly want to apologize, but I do want to reassure him.

For shamwari's neighbour Pat. For strength for her husband.

For Robert Armin, for a fair and merciful outcome.

For Sioni's pastor P.

For Horseman Bree's Shirley, for healing.

For the three-year-old girl known to Ariel.

(D. is recovering apace, I am pleased to report.)

For saysay, for guidance and general help sorting things out.

For Mr D and his friends.

For Yam.

For healing of Malino of the pox of the chickens.

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

[Votive] God help us all

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have heard through the grapevine that a big meeting is scheduled at my work between the Powers that Be, my boss, and me, to "iron out misunderstandings." Boss apparently gave my informant to understand that I (not he) am the one in trouble. Please God it isn't so. I'm basically terrified again, as I've never yet been in one of these meetings that turned out well. Please pray God will surprise me?

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am just feeling anxious about this pregnancy at the moment. Worrying about lots of things, mainly things I can't control like is it growing ok. Think I am a bit more stressed than I thought I was!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The peace of the Lord be on us, and move through us. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The latest pile of corporate cr*pness to descend on me has been diverted, thanks be to God. May yet come back to me, but sense of proportion restored.

People posting on these boards face daily struggles of a kind I can only imagine - I do pray for you, far-off brothers and sisters, and I thank you with all my heart for your support.

The Grateful Mrs S [Overused]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016