homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 45)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through [Votive]

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading. Praying.

[Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Still waiting to hear. Grateful for all tghe prayers.

[Votive] for all

[Votive] for Lamb Chopped

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading through and praying

[Votive] for shamwari's neighbour Pat and her husband

[Votive] for Robert

[Votive] for Lamb Chopped

[Votive] for Telepath to get funding

[Votive] for Auntie Doris and her pregnancy

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying through.
Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Washing pegged out...went out for a walk...rained. While I was out. (Fortunately I had forgotten that I had put the washing out or I would have spooled the effect of the walk, which was really rather pleasant. Until it rained.)
Washing now not dry. Grrr.
Dilemma - shall I rewash said washing? Probably not...

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for you all.

I am struggling a bit with stress, and some housing/bills stresses are making me and MrShrew a bit snippy with each other (frustratingly as the stress should be fixable and is due to a communication failure which is neither of our fault).

Please pray for domestic calm and stress reduction. I have recently started a new job, which needs my brain to be completely switched on all day, so I really need to be less anxious at home in order to cope.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for PB, an artist and cousin of mine whose home and irrepalable art supplies were totally destroyed in the High Park fire in Colorado; also for her son and daughter who are trying to help her sort things out and move on.
I am told some of these fires may smoulder and re-ignite until the winter months, putting families and lives at further risk.

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Lamb Chopped. (Do you have an employment lawyer?)

For the successful delivery of mini doris, and peace of mind for Auntie Doris.

For Mrs S to get off the mushroom track at work.

For a fair and kind outcome for Robert Armin.

For shamwari's neighbour Pat and her husband.

For the rain that falls on the just, the unjust, and St Everild's washing; and wisdom to discern the right response to the myriad dilemmas that face us all, every day. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness; the other, to total extinction. Lord, grant us the wisdom to choose the right road.

For domestic calm and stress reduction in the Shrew household, and career success for Mrs Shrew.

For restoration of the tools of PB's trade, and her home; also for PB's son and daughter. For fire safety for everyone in the area.

I just paid that honking enormous bill, and another week's travelcard, and the result is that I have now spent my last foreseeable paycheck a week before I actually receive it. 1) Why am I so stupid? 2) Why does external stupid happen to me despite my best efforts? 3) Why don't the agents in question get me a tremendously lucrative gig that would repay me a dozenfold? Because that could work.

Er, and funding and continuous employment for me. Thanks.

For K. and all of us who face such struggles.

(I am not in trouble at work after all. I think what happened was that Boss was panicking and I rescued the situation, and then he had 24 hours to cool down; anyway, he was very conciliatory and complimentary today, and I am very relieved about that as I have never had an ugly incident at this workplace and didn't want this to be the first.)

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As ever - praying through. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Struggling with cellulitis in my right leg - left leg seems to be improving pretty well in compression... but my leftleg took bloooody months to clear up... but it's the constant aching which may need more than paracetamol to stop its aching - the ulcers are on the back of the leg, and while the constant apply-Inadine-by-the-boxful and cover with pad process is doable - it's the constant pain that is just fucking DEPRESSING!

I'VE HAD ENOUGH! I JUST WANT IT FIXED!
[Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks]

Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today, for Telepath and her ministry especially, prayers of thanksgiving.

...and for all who post here, and all who have unexpressed needs - Lord, you know those needs, please help us in our weakness. [Votive]

Mrs. S, endlessly amazed at the depths of caring on this thread [Overused]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

- Posted      Profile for Ultracrepidarian   Email Ultracrepidarian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers, please for my friend M, for whom Father's day and her Dad's birthday are bringing back the pain of having lost her father suddenly, unpleasantly and far too soon.

[Votive]

Posts: 1897 | From: Cattle crossing | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for Telepath's ministry and prayers for finances to be set right

Alex Cottell for healing from cellulitis. I've had it in my leg and it's nasty

I'm waiting this minute for my ride to hospital for follow-up lung biopsy. May it go safely and as Telepath so wonderfully puts it -- melanoma be gone!

For all here and for all in places wracked by violence
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My friend Jan is back home after the mastectomy and waiting to hear what will come next. She is in good spirits and less fearful than before the op. Many thanks for all your prayers.

[Votive] for a tremendously lucrative gig, solid funding and continued employment for Telepath

[Votive] for Alex Cockell to have freedom from the constant depressing pain of cellulitis

[Votive] for Ultracrepidarian's friend M grieving her father, that she may be comforted

[Votive] for malik to be free from cancer

[ 20. June 2012, 13:22: Message edited by: Mary LA ]

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all.

(((Alex)))

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When I saw the Head on Monday morning she said she would talk with the rest of the SMT on Tuesday and get back to me. At 6.40 pm I had a text from her saying they hadn't been able to meet, but she would be in touch on Wednesday afternoon. It's now just after 4.30 pm in the UK; the school day is over and I haven't heard anything. Is this a sign that they really are rethinking my case? Or a sign that they can't be bothered to meet as they have made a decision?

As it is, I'm stuck in Limbo. Part of me is scared stiff, and the other half is relaxed because it can't believe this is happening.

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for our daughter, Willow, as she returns to California to live and complete her anthropology degree. She has gone without securing a place at university and will be in a world of trouble if she doesn't get one in the fall. This is because she has student loans which will come due and payable if she is out of school for six months. At least her physical health is improving and she no longer really needs a wheelchair all of the time, as long as she wears braces on her feet and calves...

[Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Armin:
As it is, I'm stuck in Limbo. Part of me is scared stiff, and the other half is relaxed because it can't believe this is happening.

Praying, but am somewhat bemused.

I've have some highly therapeutic shouts at some of my pupils, and once, one of the SMT was standing behind said pupil, cheering me on.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've just heard that my mum, who lives alone, has fallen and broken her wrist today. My brother is with her in hospital, at the moment, but we'll need to sort out what happens next.
She is a fit and healthy 83 year old, but this, I am sure, will have shaken her badly. She sounded very tearful on the phone.

Please pray for a swift healing, with no complications, and a settling of her spirit. My brother, sister and I have suddenly become more aware of how far we are from her, and how difficult things could become.

Thank you all for your faithfulness in this ministry of prayer: I'm all too conscient of my failings in this area. [Votive]

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all teachers. I come to the end of term a finger-pointy, shrieking harpy.

I also pray fervently for the department I work in. I find some of the behaviour of staff towards other staff unprofessional. Certain people have personal preferences which they do little to hide. There is a cliquey atmosphere which is not conducive to good working relationships. One member of staff was rude today. When I think of what some people go through at work I get angry with the spoilt, petty, unprofessional behaviour I see in some teachers.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Repeating after Alex Cockell, Dormouse, Mad Cat, Robert Armin, Mary LA, Sir Kevin, Mrs S, malik3000 (melanoma be gone!), Ultracrepidarian.

I have an interview for redeployment to a short-term, non-research post. That could work...

For K. who would agree with you tenfold, Mad Cat.

[ 20. June 2012, 23:25: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

I'm frustrated with the way things are going (or not going) and could use some hope that something (anything) might turn out all right for me...

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Got a phone call that I didn't want to get.

My friend, K, has told me she has 4th stage liver cancer. I just can't wrap my mind around it and am as devastated as her family is. The doctors are going to try to get the encapsulated tumor out of her liver soon and we are hoping for the best.

Janine gave me a pink wrist bracelet with HOPE on it. I'm keeping the faith and hope right now, it's all I have.

I'm one sad mother right now [Tear]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
quote:

Praying, but am somewhat bemused.

I've have some highly therapeutic shouts at some of my pupils, and once, one of the SMT was standing behind said pupil, cheering me on.

I'm bemused too. What I did was not best practice, but it has happened in other schools over the 20 yrs I've been a teacher. I've never been reprimanded before, let alone standing in fear of losing my job.

[Votive] for all.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all, esp. Malik and Robert A.

My daughter has a job interview tomorrow for a position she really wants. Some prayers that it goes well would be apprciated.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Keep the New Mexico fires in mind -- had 5 mph winds today, but the fire headed toward the Sandia Pueblo will have a much higher wind in the night to drive it. The thing has already jumped areas it wasn't supposed to be able to easily cross. News reports online say evacuation orders are in effect there.

People from around there, and people who've visited because of past Santa Fe Shipmeets, will wince as I do from the idea of the fires threatening the people and place we so enjoyed. It gives you that extra concern, when you can put a face on who's in danger.

quote:
..."When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you... Isaiah 43:2

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
five years ago tonight my very dear friend was killed in a head-on collision. I'm a little sad tonight. could use some upholding.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(( comet))
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

The Head has rung and I have no job. where do i go form here?

--------------------

Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

Robert, I am so sorry to read this. Are you able to get legal advice and appeal?

[Votive] Comet

Reading through and praying [Votive]

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
The Head has rung and I have no job. where do i go form here?

Talk to your union regarding a case of unfair dismissal?

Extra prayers for you.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for us all, but especially for Robert Armin.

[ 21. June 2012, 12:56: Message edited by: Earwig ]

Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Six years ago last week, I was blessed with a liver and kidney transplant*

Last week I went back to UVa for my annual check-up. most of the numbers were normal (whatever normal is), but a few measures for liver function were "hinky". The clinic determined that an ultrasound and biopsy was called for. The biopsy was performed last Tuesday. No word yet on the results.

Prayers appreciated.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
pls pray for a safe journey back home for the Magician and the Girl on Friday (drive from AZ to NorCal). Also request prayer for their meeting with the big meeting Saturday - the Girl's mom and mom's partner, the Magician and the Girl. This will be about parenting the Girl. Thanks.

[ 21. June 2012, 14:01: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all.

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

Thanks for the prayers and support. I'm in touch with my union; once the official letter comes through they will look to see if due procedure has been followed and if I have any sort of case. I'm not holding my breath though. It isn't the first time I've been in a situation like this and my union hasn't done anything much before. But I find it harder to pick myself up each time. The TES will be out tomorrow - there's a bit of me that doesn't want to look at it, as the next one will probably turn to worms too.

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying.

I had my meeting today to wrap up the investigation and my grievance was SUSTAINED! I am utterly shocked. I am officially relieved of all the illegal requirements that had been laid on me, my last review has been amended in an upward direction, and I have promises of good behavior from X in the future. Praise be to God. (and I'm shocked--I've seen an HR enquiry that actually WORKED)

[Eek!] [Yipee] [Overused]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

We were burgled last night...the intruders smashed a double glazed window unit while we were out and made off with the usual jewellery, watches, laptop computers etc, bastards.

But they have also taken my peace of mind...please pray that I can find this, and soon. I both live and work from home...
Thank you.

Praying for you all, esp Robert ArmIn

[Votive] [Votive]

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Repeating after Campbellite, (((((comet))))), duchess, Janine, Nicolemrw, (((((Robert Armin))))), saysay, Ye Olde Motherboarde, St Everild.

Let us all take heart from the miracle of staggering proportions that has been granted to Lamb Chopped. If it had been in the Old Testament, nobody'd believe it.

I have ten days left in my current post. We have a half dozen possible sources of funding, nothing actual. I need the £s.

[ 21. June 2012, 22:49: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016