homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 48)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Sue P and all Peterstide ordinands

[Votive]

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lucia:
I have tasks to do for next week that affect a load of other people. Time is running out, struggling for inspiration and even to be able to find and buy the things that are needed. Feeling stressed and overwhelmed and a sense that I have failed to get things organised that I should have. Prayers appreciated.

There are always more hours in a day than you think. Take a deep breath and go for it. God speed you on your tasks. [Votive]
Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Theophania
Shipmate
# 16647

- Posted      Profile for Theophania     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

[Votive] for P, who is very ill, and for those who love her.

[Votive] for the family and friends of M, who died today.

Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying through.

Your continued prayers for my friend J. would be much appreciated. He is about halfway through his first bout of chemo, and it is tough going.

And for myself, I am currently working my way through a big discernment issue. It should have a happy outcome one way or another, but I am hopelessly indecisive, and fear choosing wrongly.

Many thanks to you all.

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all of you, and for Colorado. Lord have mercy.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We closed on the house today; it went well. Thanks to all who prayed.

Prayers for all.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Girl likes living here. I praise God she agreed to go to church. I am amazed at how God gives grace. My dad is slowly healing in his MRSA infected leg and he has diabetes. Thank you all so much for your precious prayers. Praying now thru this thread... [Votive]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think The Girl is very lucky to have a caring person like you in her life, Duch. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sue's ordination went well, and a lot of people came back to our church hall for a bring and share lunch, during which, Sue gave her testimony. There were a number of non-Christians there - please pray that they will have actually listened to what she said and what a friend sung - Jacob wrestling with and angel and not letting go until he had been blessed.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all as I read. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all who ask our prayers.

For an intention.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Sue P and all Peterstide ordinands

God speed Lucia on her tasks.

For Theophania's P and for those who love her. For the family and friends of M.

For Cottontail's J, for healing. For discernment for Cottontail.

For Colorado, especially Ye Olde Motherboarde's relatives.

For Nicolemrw.

For duchess's dad. For the Girl.

For St Gwladys's non-Christians to get the message.

For Grammatica's intention.

For all affected by the flooding in Tyneside.

For employment for Cousin Motherboarde.

For Lyda*Rose's I and H.

For healing for HWMBO.

For QLib.

For the homeless in South Africa and for an end to xenophobic riots.

For Mili's nephew, for healing, and for discernment for the family.

Doing my homework for Monday's interview. Please pray that I will be able to please all of the people, all of the time. And get hired.

For the Telemum, and aunties Telenun and Telenurse.

For a new approach to stick and take hold for me.

For V. to be comforted in the loss of her mother.

For W. and L. Facing an imminent death of a parent.

For W.

For R.

For E.

For K.

For another K. And for M., two friends who are separately in quite worrying psychological states.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For K

...for wisdom, courage and a good outcome

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A rather selfish prayer - we have Gordon Giltrap, the guitarist, coming to do a concert at our chursch hall next Saturday. Lots of people have said they are coming, but not many have bought tickets up front. I'm a bit concerned that we will either have a very small audience or standing room only! Please pray that we will have a good sized audience and we cover our costs and make a profit to raise funds for the Hall - and for peace of mind for me and Darllenwr!

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

I'm feeling a little less completely alone and like no one is on my side, and a little less completely confused, but I could still use guidance (of the obvious sort, like someone just telling me what to do, might be best at this point).

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hovered and swithered for ages before posting. Not really a prayer, or maybe itis, but...
Help, just... Help.
I'm ok while i'm doing stuff on the ships i'm volunteering on, but at the end of the working day i'm struggling... Want to go join in with my friends but just can't bring myself to. Love being here, but need to find a job, and need brain to stop falling apart.
'm not sure I should post this, it's all irrelevant me-centered shit, just don'r know what to do. Have friend here could talk to, but don't like to ask.
Sorry. Just don't know what to do with my-useless-self.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh fuck, shouldn't've posted that, it's stupid, i'm sorry.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry you're feeling low - I'd suggest joining a hobby group, stitch n bitch or board games or something. So you meet up regularly with folk for something mildly fun - but don't have to answer lots of how are you type questions which might be what's putting you off an unstructured night out with friends.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by luvanddaisies:
Not really a prayer, or maybe it is ...

Oh I think it certainly is - it resonates with me for sure at the moment - and I'm guessing with others here too. So for luvanddaisies and every one of us struggling with crazy stuff at the moment
[Votive]

Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
((luvanddaisies)) ((saysay))

[Votive]

[Votive]

Pray one for me too, please

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chamois:

[Votive]

[Votive]

Pray one for me too, please

I known the feeling, too. Prayers for all who have posted here. Telepath, [Votive] for tomorrow.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] for all

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

I have hit a wall with my deliverables for tomorrow's interview. One last question I haven't answered. It's the thing I know least about, but I must come up with a credible answer. Then create a presentation. Then print the copies. Then I can go to bed. Traditionally I do my interviews on 2 hours' sleep for one reason or another, and it's already too late for a *good* night's sleep, but how about a semi-adequate night's sleep? Report must be handed in first thing tomorrow morning (and presumably the other deliverables do too).

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all, especially those feeling low and confused with life. May God provide you with guidance and peace that passes understanding.

I visited my brother's family yesterday and my nephew is home and doing okay. He's on the highest dose of preventor they can give a three year old safely and using ventolin two hourly on top of that but at least he is home.

Still praying about my sisters' attitudes and that there's peace in the family. My parents were visiting yesterday too, but not the rest of the family (my youngest brother just got back from overseas and was still jetlagged.) My older nephew asked when everyone else was coming because he knows we usually all visit for birthdays. [Frown]

Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

((Mili)) ((chamois)) ((Adrienne)) ((Grammatica))

Please pray that I'll somehow remember those algorithms tomorrow when grilled like a suspect in a major crime, by a panel whose whole life has surely been leading up to proving I'm an idiot.

Yeah, I love job interviews.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Remember that YOU are interviewing THEM as well!

[Votive]

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the Dowager Mrs. S, 88 a couple of weeks ago, who fell in a bathroom in the early hours of Saturday, getting ready to catch her flight to the UK. Of course she broke her wrist and is now in an enormous plaster cast, but she also hit her head. This is becoming a recurring pattern. [Help]

Please pray that the wrist has been properly set and will not need an op. after her visit to Fracture Clinic on Thursday, and also that she can overcome these balance issues. I am so worried that she'll do this once too often.

Still, could have been SO much worse - thank God it wasn't a hip she broke! [Axe murder]

Mrs. S, checking on the price of wrist protectors

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

Praying for all as I read. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Torlets' school is closed until further notice due to catastrophic flood damage - having bumped into two of their teachers in my staff room this morning, and seen the pictures and listened to the stories, they'll be lucky to reopen in September: absolutely no chance of doing so before the summer break. Essentially, everything that was on the ground floor was lost - equipment, books, coursework, the lot. Miss Torlet's GCSE courses start next year, and it's all a bit fraught.

So please pray for the staff and children affected, and also for the insurance assessors and maintenance people who have to put it all right again.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
((luvanddaisies)) ((saysay)) For all of us dealing with crazy stuff within and without [Votive]

[Votive] that Telepath's interview goes well

[Votive] for the Dowager Mrs S, that her wrist might heal completely and soon, and that she regains balance

[Votive] for all the staff and children affected by the Torlets' flooded school

[Votive] for all those who are homeless and without resources or community

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Sitting in restaurant eating ketchup-laden hot dogs with splattery, splattery onions and breath-irradiating Chilis before my interview. I am awesome and know no fear.

Dominus illuminateo mea.

Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You rock, Telepath!

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying through, especially for the panel to immediately see Telepath's rockstarness and know they cannot move forward without her; for the ill and the struggling, the worried, the waiting, and the weeping.

If there are any spare prayers, I could use one re a tree falling on the house we're about to close on. It doesn't look like it's been damaged, but I'm worried it's a sign; although since our apartment building caught fire 2 weeks ago, I'm not sure a sign of what.

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

Thank you, and again apologies for yesterday's incoherent post. Tonight I shall make it from my cabin to the bar. I wish my brain would put more effort into making happy-juice, especially as I do love being here on the ships. Do need a job that pays me money though!
thanks again, and more apologies.

--------------------

Kasra
Shipmate
# 10631

- Posted      Profile for Kasra   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying thru [Votive]

--------------------
Can you spare $13.10 to help find a cure for Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma? http://pages.teamintraining.org/ne/kc12/cburberqb8#home

Posts: 309 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Luvanddaisies you have nothing to apologise for.

Prayers rising like incense for all mentioned, and those not quite mentioned.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Ethne Alba's  K

For St Gwladys's concert to at least break even, and ideally profit. For peace of mind for her and Darllenwr.

For saysay, for guidance, ideally in the form of someone just telling her what to do.

For employment, direction, and peace of mind for luvanddaisies.

For Adrienne.

For Chamois.

For Grammatica.

For Mili's nephew and the rest of the family.

For C.

For the  Dowager Mrs S, for healing and improved balance.

For the Torlets' school.

For neandergirl's house to get out from under any and all trees.

For K. 

Interview was good but even rock stars can only have whoever wants them. Another interview tomorrow and I should be asleep already. I want to cover all bases on my last official day at work tomorrow too please.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Church under heavy attack--apparently our old adversaries from years ago have reappeared, zombielike, from the grave of years. Pray please, i'm freaking out here. No clear info yet--

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by luvanddaisies:
Thank you, and again apologies for yesterday's incoherent post. Tonight I shall make it from my cabin to the bar. I wish my brain would put more effort into making happy-juice, especially as I do love being here on the ships. Do need a job that pays me money though!
thanks again, and more apologies.

Been there, done that. Your post wasn't that bad. I prayed for you (along with everybody else in here).
[Votive]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading through and praying for every one and every need by name.

Sorry this post has such a long explanation in this post, but i'd like input from anyone who might have had a therapy similar to what i'll be having.

The result of my visit to the pulmonary guy was unexpected -- not bad, just unexpected. The one remaining bit in my bronchial area -- which the treatment is slowly working as expected, does present one problem. It partially blocks a tube and the doc wants to remove it to avoid the chance of pneumonia. The procedure is very simple -- running something down in there to deal with it. From my standpoint it will be no more bothersome than when they did the lung biopsy, which was no biggie. However, there will be one effect of note. A light-activated chemical called photofrin will be used to break down the tumor before they remove what is partially obstructing the area. It has no side effect except one -- starting 20 august, i will be very light-sensitive for at least 30 days (these last 3 items they will give me). (It may be longer for people with liver problems, and I have hepatitis C). If i go outside, even on a cloudy day, i must totally avoid daylight hitting my skin or eye (I have only one eye and am particularly focused on taking NO chances with my sight).

I will need not only long sleeved shirt and long pants, but gloves, a wide-brimmed hat and very dark glasses (these last 3 items they will give me). (It may be longer for people with liver problems, and I have hepatitis C) Fortunately, inside, normal lamp light is OK provided lamps are shaded. Also TV and computer screens are not a problem, thank goodness. I'll look like some Michael Jackson version of a vampire when i go out the door (no disrespect to MJ or vampires), so i'll just stay home, so thank goodness I'm retired from my day job -- i can simply stay indoors in the daytime for the allotted time -- i do most of my productive work at home anyway so maybe i'll get more accomplished, but i'll feel a kind of like i'm in jail. I'll miss being out in the daylight.

So i am asking prayers first and foremost for continued overcoming of the melanoma. But then also i pray that it won't be too much longer than 30 days and that it won't be too depressing and indeed that i'll get some productive things done. And a prayer of thanks that i'll not be in pain or any other bad effects -- just this wierd hassle. And like i said, if anyone has had this sort of therapy and can offer suggestions i'd be happy to hear them.

[ 03. July 2012, 04:28: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry to be such a hog, but right after posting the above prayer request, i tried to deal with a traffic ticket online and, yikes, i think the site says my license is suspended for failure to appear in court. I had misplaced the original ticket and remembered incorrectly the date i was to appear. It was for a minor offense that i take full responsibility for (i accidentally went through a red light in very slow stop and start traffic) I certainly was not trying to deliberately to avoid and certainly am prepared to pay in full, but now, due to "failure to appear" my situation suddenly gets quite a bit more complicated. [brick wall] [Help] At this moment this is botherng me more than what I posted above. Please prayers that this issue can be resolved as quickly as possible. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] Question: should i get a lawyer? This is Atlanta GA traffic court and the one time a few years ago i had to go to it judge was cranky and didn't seem interested in hearing anything i had to say. Please, dear God, let there not be any complicated time-consuming hassles.

[ 03. July 2012, 05:41: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying through...

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

Praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016