homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 50)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would be very grateful for your prayers.

I am praying for you all. [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] praying through, with thanks for the ministry of this Ship

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

And praying for the discussion and decision today about having women bishops [Votive]

[ 06. July 2012, 06:27: Message edited by: daisymay ]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For me: health, general upholding, and private intentions. Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's a very small thing really, but I'd be grateful for prayers for my dad. He's had to go back into hospital following what I think was probably a prostate "rebore" yesterday. He was in pain last night so my mum took him back in. Nothing concrete to worry about, I know, but once the three-score and ten are up (which they were a month ago), I can help worrying.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all.... [Votive]
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please would you renew your prayers for the Dowager Mrs. S, who went to Fracture Clinic yesterday and still can't be sure that her wrist has set exactly straight? She has to go back for another X-ray next Thursday, and if the consultant isn't happy with it may need an op. to correct it. She's 88, I really really don't think she needs another general anaesthetic at her age.

Please pray for wisdom in next Thursday's decision....

Mrs. S, rubbing her own wrist in sympathy

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for a few things would be appreciated:

I have an MRI scan this evening and hate them as I get claustrophobic

We are on amber alert here and I'm panicking as to what to do should the flood siren go off.

Finances as I'm trying to get used to living on benefits.

Finally, I want to give up smoking and am starting this evening after I've picked up the stuff from the chemists.

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading and praying through

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yesterday an esteemed co-worker told me his unborn grand-daughter has as-yet undetermined genetic problems. Tests will take a week. Naturally, parents and grandparents are stressed. Prayers will help – for peace and patience for K and his wife and daughter and son-in-law. And please pray for a good outcome for the grand-daughter.

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you to those who prayed. In the end all came together ok for this week and I had some great helpers to make it all run smoothly.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kasra
Shipmate
# 10631

- Posted      Profile for Kasra   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying thru [Votive]

--------------------
Can you spare $13.10 to help find a cure for Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma? http://pages.teamintraining.org/ne/kc12/cburberqb8#home

Posts: 309 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For tomorrw's concert that we might have a good sized audience please.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nanny Ogg:
Prayers for a few things would be appreciated:

I have an MRI scan this evening and hate them as I get claustrophobic

We are on amber alert here and I'm panicking as to what to do should the flood siren go off.

Finances as I'm trying to get used to living on benefits.

Finally, I want to give up smoking and am starting this evening after I've picked up the stuff from the chemists.

Thanks for prayers re: MRI scan. I pressed the panic button just as they'd finished!!!

I was also able to claim back my bus fare which helps the finances a lot [Smile]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Heard back from the most promising job today - they don't even want to interview me. Ah well.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh well, my boss's boss won't revise my performance marking (quotas, see) so I'm left with three options:
Formal appeal, which will apply the same dumb rules as have been used thus far;
Suck it up and put it behind me;
Take the nuclear option and consult a shithot employment lawyer.

[Votive] Guidance please O God. And if the rest of you have any bright ideas, they are welcome too.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
praying and praying
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Enigma to stay employed.

For jedijudy.

For the decision about women bishops.

For Golden Key, for health, general upholding, and private intentions.

For healing for FooloftheShip's Dad.

For the Dowager Mrs S, for healing.

For Nanny Ogg not to be scared during the MRI - oh, great. For no flooding. For her finances (good that you were able to claim back the bus fare - I am no good at thinking of stuff like that). For Nanny to stop smoking and never miss it.

For JB's K and his wife and daughter and son-in-law, and granddaughter-to-be.

Hooray, Lucia!

For a successful concert chez St. Gwladys.

Ah, Robert Armin. [Frown] For employment.

For wisdom for Sioni and boss.

For V. to be comforted.

For L. also.

For D. and J. for their marriage to be blessed.

For R.

I was, today, offered the post I interviewed for on Monday! So, now I need to get all my errands done and figure out transportation and get control of my finances and schedule and totally ace the job and be a hit with my boss and cow-orkers from day one. Apart from that I have nothing to worry about!

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Gary, our awesome archery instructor. Had a heart attack last year and recovered well; now seems to be suffering from gallstones, kidney stones and/or stomach ulcer.

Please, GOD, heal this man, beloved of many.

[Votive]

Well done, Telepath:)

[ 06. July 2012, 22:44: Message edited by: Jahlove ]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations Telepath! Praying for others looking for work, dealing with workplace dramas and all the other problems life throws at us.

Thanking everyone for their prayers re my family. Last night all of us (me, parents, siblings, partners and their kids) caught up to celebrate my younger sister's birthday and my youngest brother and his partner returning to live in Melbourne from Adelaide. (I have two brothers and two sisters so there's quite a lot of us). It was a great night and everyone got on fine. Also my asthmatic nephew is in really good health and his asthma has been a lot better this week.

Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lowly Worm

Ship's Annelid
# 11663

- Posted      Profile for Lowly Worm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I feel defeated. A person close to me took her own life a few days ago. This comes right after several other metaphorical kicks to the head.

--------------------
"Be here now, be somewhere else later. Is that so difficult?" - David Bader

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glad you're here, Lowly Worm. So sorry. [Votive]

God hold us all as we hold each other. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Lowly's friend, memory eternal. For Lowly and all those left behind, [Votive]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through from a few pages back to here...for all those stunned by life, for all those in pain, for all those facing eek of epic proportions, or grief too heavy to carry, or knee-knocking fear, and for all else that's happening. Please God, carry my friends through it all.

Here, trying to get through the economy and the awfulness of having to make good people redundant, plus police protection from the actions of one particular individual who doesn't appear to be thinking very straight. But prayers of praise that I've been free of cancer medication side effects now for two months and been able to cope better.

Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations Telepath! Gratitude for answered prayer [Votive]

[Votive] healing for Jahlove's Gary

[Votive] gratitude for Milli's family reunion, healing and happiness

[Votive] gratitude that amber is free of the side-effects of cancer meds and able to cope better, for healing

[Votive] for the repose of the soul of Lowly's friend, that Lowly might be comforted in such a hard time

[Votive] for all those grieving the loss of family and friends by suicide

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lowly Worm:
I feel defeated. A person close to me took her own life a few days ago. This comes right after several other metaphorical kicks to the head.

tough to plow through. so sorry. I have faith in you to walk this path, though - you're an amazing woman.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For this private intention, Lord. I'm just going to leave it here at the foot of the cross. It's a biggie, and I'm glad of it...... [Votive]

For all the other needs raised up here, Lord in your mercy [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all who ask our prayers, aloud and silently.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Congratulations Telepath!

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Lowly Worm

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Jahlove's Gary, for healing.

For Mili's nephew, for healing, and for peace in the family.

For Lowly Worm, for strength and comfort and the touch of Your hand. For the repose of the soul of the person she lost.

For amber., for continued healing, and for wisdom in making the hard decisions. May there not be too many hard decisions for her to make.

For Mad Cat's private intention.

So now I have the job, I am pretty trepidatious about the commute, so I'd like to have peace of mind about that please?

For K., also in transition of job and location.

For K. Under great stress.

For R.

For the Telemum.

For M, feeling drained and anhedonic.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who post or pray here.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the recovery of Formula One test driver Maria D. V. : she was horribly injured at Silverstone and lost her right eye. She is only 32 and is in serious but stable condition in hospital.

[Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Very nervous about church this morning for a variety of reasons. Please?

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through for all.

Lowly-praying especially for you and those around you.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
birdsoftheair
Shipmate
# 15219

- Posted      Profile for birdsoftheair     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
been reading and praying [Votive]

Could you pray for me and mr B please? His Dad is so poorly and we are at a loss (See Aged Parents thread)

Thanks

birds

Posts: 1069 | From: under 180 degrees of sky | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post 
May I please just request prayer?

I have no ropes left to be at the end of.

(...no ropes of which to be at the end)?

Thank you ~

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

And [Yipee] for Telepath

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

[Votive] prayers asked for those living with Aids in a rainy cold winter out here in the mountains, the vulnerability and fear of flu or pneumonia

[Votive] peace of mind for Telepath about the new commute to work

[Votive] for the recovery of injured Formula One test driver Maria D. V.

[Votive] that Lamb Chopped may have peace of mind about church today

[Votive] for birdsoftheair and mr b concernong mr b's dad discharged from stroke rehab with full dementia

[Votive] especial and urgent prayers for Scarlet

[Votive] for Robert Arnim

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for prayers for the concert - we had the decent sized audience we wanted and had a thoroughly good evening [Smile]

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(((Scarlet)))
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have just seen on facebook that the 3 year old daughter of friends of mine from London was airlifted to hospital earlier today after being knocked down by a car. It said that she had a broken arm and leg, but no other details. Please pray for E and for her parents and younger sister, who must be frantic. Thank you [Votive]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our Lord Jesus, when two or more gather in your Holy Name you are present with us.

We cry out to you for peace and strength in the spirit, so that we may persevere and overcome, to the glory of the Father.

We cry out for the uplifting power of your love, so that what we receive we will share, to the glory of the Father.

We cry out to you for the calling to service which will bring us completion and fulfilment, whatever its hardship, and bring glory to the Father.

Lord Jesus as we praise your Holy Name we bring our offering of prayer [Votive] and thank you for hearing us.

Amen.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all those posting and those not posting.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016