homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 53)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief

Ship's pirate
# 2049

- Posted      Profile for JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for oh so Many folk here on the ship.

--------------------
Written from my alternative universe.

Posts: 1101 | From: East Anglia in the UK | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for Justin - I asked for prayer for him some weeks ago, he was fitted with a very complicated pacemeker and made a very fast recovery. His wife textted last night to say he had collapsed, somehow knocked the pacemaker which affecttd his heart - he's back in hospital on a critical ward.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Lamb Chopped to Sort It All Out.

For Dormouse and her colleagues.

For St Gwladys' Justin, for healing.

For success at new job, guidance as to maintenance issues at the old one, and taming of the Finance Monster.

For J.

For C.

For healing for D., a very sick child.

For R.

For the Telemum.

For guidance on that issue.

For my heart's desire.

For V.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

Back to see the surgeon today and hoping for good news about weaker specs being possible.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for rain in my area. There is a serious chance of crop failure. We have got less than a quarter of the rainfall we normally have.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Erratum : 60 percent drop in precipitation. Still dire,

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Would greatly appreciate prayers for my mother who was taken by ambulance to the hospital tonight.

Praying for all in need.

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying through.

I just learned that a lovely girl in my church's youth group is battling addiction problems. I ask your prayers for her and for all young people who are wrestling with such deep problems.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying. [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

PeteC, I wish you could have some of our rain! The gardens here are empty of veg and the fruit crops aren't ripening.

I raise a prayer for all farmers, and for people affected by shortages [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For healing and good news for Welease Woderwick.

For rain in PeteC's area.

For healing for niteowl2's mother.

For healing for the girl in Mamacita's youth group, and all others like her.

For all farmers, and people affected by shortages.

I have to get up astronomically early, drive 50 miles, go to a new workplace, stay there all day, then drive 50 miles back, and do all this well enough that they won't stop me from doing it all again the next day. gulp (also for taming of the Finance Monster)

I also would appreciate prayers for productivity and boundary-setting about timekeeping as well as workspace conditions (though I hope I won't have to set them too fiercely).

For the Telemum.

For me to be able to let something go and leave it in the past.

For K. And another K.

For my heart's desire.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No jobs to apply for, and no reaction from the ones I have put in for.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am scared. I am going downtown to be deposed in a case I am bringing against the doctor and hospital who failed to treat me for heart palpitations that were the result of overwork on a job and said instead I was merely "anxious" or "under stress"! I need a good outcome as his diagnosis caused the workman's comp carriers to fail to pay my bills which are under $7000. This doctor's mean-spiritedness and wrong diagnosis torpedoed my claim with the insurance carrier! The other two times that I had problems with my heart on the job, I was taken to hospital by ambulance and in one case, kept overnight at the heart hospital after a collapsing in the desert while doing pre-production work on a feature film a few years ago. This cost Universal Pictures $10,000 just for treatment at the heart hospital and they paid with no argument or cost to me, as did my school when I had similar problems another time. I cannot stop working for this employer because they contribute to a large part of my income.

Please pray for me. I have no money and I need a good outcome. I have to be there in about six hours...

[Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Sir Kevin at his deposition today. May the outcome be successful

[Votive] For the drought in PeteC's area and throughout much of North America. It is said to be the worst drought since 1956. Millions could be affected.

[Votive] For Nicolermw that her legal proceedings go well

[Votive] [Votive] For each and every intention on this board

[Votive] For the 2 killed and 19 injured in the gun violence that occurred in east Toronto at a neighborhood barbecue (at an event that was specially for children, God help us!). And for the killed and injured at the Eaton Centre shootout the previous week

[Votive] Ever since I had the lung biopsy I've had a mild but ongoing cough (but only since, not before, the biopsy!) My treatment to remove the spot in my lung is late August -- prayers firstly that it is successful and secondly that if possible, but only if possible, it won't be adverse to my healing to have it then and not sooner so that i can go to New York the week before said treatment. And i give thanks that I got this diagnosis the end of last year and not earlier or I would probably not be as wonderfully healthy-feeling as I am now 8 months after the diagnosis.

[ 17. July 2012, 16:04: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Robert Armin.

For Sir Kevin.

For rain in PeteC's region.

For Nicolemrw.

For those affected by the shooting in Toronto, Lord have mercy.

For malik3000, for healing. Melanoma be gone!

'm knackered. Great first day, may the second be better still.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Can you keep my family in your prayers, please, especially the Amosling?

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For me: am stuck in low-grade depression and health stuff. Not fun, and rather demotivating. I need more bounce and cushioning so I can get going again.

Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

Reading and praying for all. [Votive]

Thank you for the prayers, my mother is out of the hospital and doing better. I am much relieved.

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through by name

[Votive] for Telepath's heart's desire -- and support on those long drives to work

[Votive] that Robert Arnim might find a new job soon soon soon

[Votive] for a good outcome for Sir Kevin's deposition and case

[Votive] that the op to remove the spot from malik's lung is successful and that she can go to New York

[Votive] for the Amosling and Amos and family

[Votive] more bounce and cushioning please for Golden Key to get out of depression and regain health

[Votive] gratitude that Niteowl2's mother is out of hospital, asking for complete recovery and healing

[Votive] for Nelson Mandela on his 94th birthday

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen!

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had a brain MRI a while back - it was supposed to be pretty routine.

But it turned up something that led my docs to ask for a repeat scan - which will happen tomorrow.

If you'd keep me in your prayers tomorrow I'd appreciate it. The MRI machine is a trial for somebody with more than a touch of claustrophobia, and the worries about What It's About complicate things.

Thanks!

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fairly minor in the grand scheme of things but PaulW are trying to buy a house and it isn't going well. We have already missed three court dates due to having to have additional surveys and other delays and now there are disputes about the boundaries.

We thought we were going to complete in the middle of June and now we are looking at September at the earliest. The house probably needs about 3 months work doing to it and I am expecting a baby due in December.

Prayers that things get sorted easily and quickly and that it all just goes swimmingly from here would be great!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all here [Votive]

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Repeating after basso, Mary LA, Golden Key, Auntie Doris, Amos, and niteowl2.

[ 18. July 2012, 21:32: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Some routine medical tests have follow back abnormal, requiringfurther unpleasant tests. Rather scared right now. Praying it's nothing and the tests aren't as bad as they sound...
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all, especially Jenn [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Sometime ago I mentioned a friend in UK who had cancer of the tonsils - he has just completed all his chemo and radio-therapy and has come down with shingles and is feeling pretty rough. Please uphold him.

Thanks.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] praying through.

Please uphold my friend A who is unwell and in a lot of pain. She's waiting for the results of a hospital test and is losing weight fast.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
birdie

fowl
# 2173

- Posted      Profile for birdie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The birdie household also currently have house-moving travails. Lots of boring details but the long and short of it is we need it sorted. Please?

--------------------
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Posts: 1290 | From: the edge | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for Lord P who needs accomodation - his landlady feels he neesd to have younger people around him. He hasn't been given notice as such, but is being encouraged to look for somewhere else.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying through the thread.

Special comiseration with Birdie; we too are in the midst of moving and the sundry challenges that come with. May all go just as you hope and be sorted soonest.

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all, particularly Sir Kevin.

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Jenn., for it to be nothing.

For healing for Welease Woderwick's friend.

For Tree Bee's A, for healing.

For a smooth nest transition for the birdies.

For accommodation for Lord P.

For a smooth move for neandergirl.

For Sir Kevin.

For me to do an absolutely brilliant job tomorrow and wrap up the working week with aplomb.

For fulfilment of a longstanding ambition.

For something broken to be fixed.

For K., and another K.

For the Telemum.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016