homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 56)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Armin:
My union were going to contact my school about trying to get my job back (ideally) or at least one more term's pay. I have just received an e-mail from them saying they won't be doing this as, having reread my contract, they don't think I have a case.

I don't know the details of your contract RA but if it was, for example, a one-year contract with the option to renew then you may have been a victim of what is becoming a standard way for schools to save money. A one-year contract would have paid you until August 31st but if an excuse can be found to end the contract before the end of the school year then the school saves money. If your job next year can be covered by a younger and cheaper teacher, or by unqualified staff or by employing three supply teachers for 11 weeks each (to avoid Agency Workers' Regulations which means supply teachers have to be paid to scale), then the school may want to find an excuse to end your contract.

[Votive] for you

[ 26. July 2012, 14:10: Message edited by: justlooking ]

Posts: 2319 | From: thither and yon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So many thanks for prayers.

The haven was created and the little family (LF) is settling for their holiday.

Prayers please for LF's work to remain open, housing to be found, childcare to be sorted (or found not to be needed) and for all the finances to balance.

(cattle on thousand hills and all that)

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ags, Amanda,, duchess, Enigma, Ethne Alba, Golden Key, Grammatica, harmony hope, Jenn., la vie en rouge, Lamb Chopped, Malin, Meg the Red, Mili, Robert Armin, and Scarlet.

A red day.

Usual stuff for me pls kthx. Cattle on a thousand hills, quite so.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Everything going to hell in a handbasket here. the Encroaching Creature has started a parallel church in the same worship space as us (lying to the American host congregation) and has gotten in touch with our old adversaries from years and years ago, who are delighted to renew the attack. My son is freaking out because the woman who ran us off the road and nearly killed us is now in his face every Sunday (yes, invited by the EC). Our faithful church members are beginning to wonder why we "attract" so much conflict--is something wrong with US? and we have no idea where the poor schizophrenic guy is... Dear God, make it stop.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all.

My court hearing on my divorce is tomorrow, though my lawyer is going to ask for it to be adjourned til a later date.

Please pray, I'm so scared about the whole thing.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Telemum has two castings today, both for very lucrative jobs...

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

HWMBO is now home from hospital with a bit less of him and with far less pain than when we left Sunday afternoon. Thanks to you all and to the staff at SNIMS.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Amen!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all [Votive]
Repeating to myself - keep taking the tablets! I'll be glad when this little hiccup in health is over and some semblence of energy returns.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

and I'd appreciate prayer - we have an elderly, African woman camping with us - she has got suddenly more and more ill, and is just lying down all day. I've had to be looking after her, and she's taking what's been given her for her general illness, regularly.

Please God, make C get better and better today and tomorrow when she goes home. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My divorce is official. The hearing today went pretty well. My ex didn't want part of my pension.

Thanks to all who prayed. I'm unbelievably relieved.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nicole,

I'm glad that it was not as unpleasant as you had feared.

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

Thanks Joanna.

Prayers for all here.

[Votive]

--------------------

Melisande
Shipmate
# 4177

- Posted      Profile for Melisande   Email Melisande   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A theatre buddy lost his best friend in a car crash a week ago today. I'm not close enough to offer him much, but I, at least, would feel better about prayers ascending behind his anti-religious back, for him and for the J he lost, and her young children.

Also, I had an emergency appendectomy last month, and while everything is healing well at the actual surgery site, I am facing the possibility of long-term side effects from one of the antibiotics I was on. I am freaking out probably more than is warranted (curse you, Dr. Google), and am seeing a doctor next week to start the process of possibly doing more than just obsessing about it, but the worry is wearing me down.

--------------------
The door itself makes no promises.
It is only a door.
-- Adrienne Rich

Posts: 302 | From: The western Main Line | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

I could use guidance and some sort of clue about who to talk to or what to do here.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For A who is suffering with terrible family problems, and is desperately seeking God in it all.
Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Lamb Chopped, I suppose you've considered a restraining order?

For Nicolemrw.

For HWMBO, for healing.

For Enigma, for healing.

For C, for healing.

For Mélisande, for healing. For comfort for her friend.

For guidance for saysay.

For Zacchaeus' A.

For the Telemum, who needs an ultrasound on her shoulder. It may be bursitis.

For me to do a good job, and to tame the finance-monster.

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, tried. Senior pastor bollixed the whole thing up. Now we're past the time limit.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying through [Votive]

for Melisande

safety for Lamb Chopped

[Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
my bizarre combo of depression and anxiety has me by the short and curlies since we closed one of our shows last month. I'm fighting but it's really tough. my best friend moved back to australia almost two years ago and tonight emailed me an mp3 of when we used to sing together. it was lovely to hear but made me miss him all over again. and I can't sleep. and I feel rudderless.

can you all pray I get a good kick in the ass, please?

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Comet (not that a kick up the ass is needed just a lot of power to lift the depression and anxiety)

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Morlader
Shipmate
# 16040

- Posted      Profile for Morlader         Edit/delete post 
Reading. Praying. [Votive]

--------------------
.. to utmost west.

Posts: 858 | From: Not England | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Me too. [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for John to be found, a brother of a friend of mine, who is mentally-challenged and walked away from his adult care facility a week ago. He is on meds but probably not taking them. He has been missing 9 days today, his family only finding out 2 days ago. thanks.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Mélisande.

Lamb Chopped: lawyer up.

(((((comet)))))

For the safe return of duchess' John.

For me to do a good job and tame the finance-monster.

For the Telemum, for healing,

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

We came home from hospital Friday and were back there last night as HWMBO had upper abdominal pain. Thankfully sorted out pro-tem in ER - we have to return Tuesday. I asked at breakfast what time he'd like to go there today!

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please say one for daughter Erin who has a job interview tomorrow.
She has to make her way across London to Bluewater, so travelling mercies too!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the people in pain

[Votive] For the people with anxieties

[Votive] For the people in the dark night of the soul

[Votive] For the people who feel rejected and alone

Lord, we ask for your peace, hope, healing, love, and the strength to persevere, so that your will on earth is done.

Amen.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mrs S is on a very limited diet preparing for a visit to outpatients tomorrow.

[Votive] appreciated for her comfort and an accurate diagnosis.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
...for direction and peace around difficult decisions and difficult people.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For HWMBO, for healing.

For Tree Bee's Erin.

For lily pad, for guidance.

For Lamb Chopped.

For Mrs Sais, for healing.

For me to do a great job tomorrow, and to tame the Finance Monster.

For K. And K.

For the Telemum, for healing.

[ 29. July 2012, 19:56: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
praying [Votive]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through here tonight
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today the government plan for the re=building of Christchurch will be announced.

I am not hopeful and would appreciate prayers, especially for the people in the eastern suburbs, the least wealthy part of town. where the damage was the worst.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scooby-Doo
Shipmate
# 9822

- Posted      Profile for Scooby-Doo   Email Scooby-Doo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've read back a bit and am adding my prayers.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Love Scooby X

--------------------
Friendships multiply joy and divide grief.

[URL=http://https://[/URL]

Posts: 1036 | From: Dorset | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For A. whose family situation just keeps getting worse and worse...
Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all who ask our prayers, silently or out loud.

For Telemum: if it is bursitis, ice packs help, really, really help. It's what I do for mine.

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Usual health, upholding, and private intentions for me, please. Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading through and praying for all the spoken and unspoken intentions [Votive]

Funerals going on all day here for those who died of Aids last week, repose for their souls [Votive]

[ 30. July 2012, 08:03: Message edited by: Mary LA ]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Helen-Eva
Shipmate
# 15025

- Posted      Profile for Helen-Eva   Email Helen-Eva   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today the results of a selection exercise at work are being told to people so they're going to find out if they still have a job or not. (I'm one of the people doing the telling.) Please think kindly of those affected. [Votive]

--------------------
I thought the radio 3 announcer said "Weber" but it turned out to be Webern. Story of my life.

Posts: 637 | From: London, hopefully in a theatre or concert hall, more likely at work | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016