homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another month of disappointment, I just feel overwhelmingly melancholy about it all [Frown]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My brother and I have a couple interested in buying our mother's house for a fair price. If this works out it would be the answer to all our money problems at the moment. They seem to really want the house; we really need to sell it fast. Please pray that all the necessary paperwork and so forth work out, and quickly.

Praying for all here.
[Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] praying through, for all

[Votive] for Telepath, her job prospects, and her ministry here

[Votive] for Nicole, and a mutually happy real estate transaction

I have got to find a medication that will counteract the negative effects of the Pill from Hell but not put me to sleep or make me sick. I know there's one out there!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Elder Daughter has lost her job and it looks like the firm may go straight into liquidation so she might not get paid for January. She's looking for another job and hoping that potential employers don't see her as carrying some curse.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
birdsoftheair
Shipmate
# 15219

- Posted      Profile for birdsoftheair     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 1069 | From: under 180 degrees of sky | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] Prayers for all.

Another little prayer need for moi. There are a couple of insurance or medicare ies on the insurance reimbursement form for my chemotherapy treatment, that cause me worry that it could delay the start of the therapy -- i'm not sure, but i'm a bit worried, since melanoma being fast-moving they want to start the therapy ASAP

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I fell down a metaphorical hole today and did nothing constructive all day. Feeling a bit down and demotivated although I don't really know why. Prayers appreciated. Tomorrow is a new day....
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all here.

Malik - that's shocking. Appalling.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Malik: Praying for resolution to your insurance issues.

Our son-in-law is steadily waking up from the induced coma; he's now able to communicate nonverbally somewhat, although he gets very tired and frustrated; and he's being given a new drug to jump-start his bone marrow. He's also started physical therapy today. Son #1 is feeling much more encouraged, has been able to get some sleep at home for a couple of nights, and is starting to address some of the insurance/disability/financial issues that household will be facing. Son #2 and his family are taking their own medical and financial challenges one day at a time; his leg is still painful but he's able to be more mobile, which is helpful in the healing process.

Thanks for your prayers.

Praying for all who are sick, sorrowing or in trouble... [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my dear friend J who lost her only son and child on Sunday night in a car accident. He was 23.

[Votive] No words to express it - Lord have mercy.

Praying as I read.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] Harmony Hope's friend J and may her son rest in piece.

I don't think it will be an issue after all. I called the nurse who faxed me the form to fill out and fax back, and told her of my concerns, and she said don't worry about the stuff on the form, all they needed was my signature. I think the form is generic, with sections that dont apply toall situations. So i think i hit the panic button too soon (as is my wont [Roll Eyes] )

Off to NC tomorrow for my 2nd opinion from the University of North Carolina health center. While in Raleigh, i'll get a chance to visit a couple of days with my brother (the only genetic family member i'm in regular communication with), his wife, son, and 3 great canines.

Thanks again, prayer navy.

[ 18. January 2012, 00:55: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

Missed edit window. I meant to clarify that what i dont think will be an issue is the insurance worry i had.

--------------------
God = love.

Churchy LaFemme
Shipmate
# 11884

- Posted      Profile for Churchy LaFemme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all here
[Votive] For a personal situation
[Votive] For A., C., V., and S.

--------------------
Bear and forbear (for a total of five bears).

Posts: 147 | From: Facing the sun | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just got an update on Polly's condition, and it's not good at all. Fr. Temp thinks she's dying, barring a miracle. We crave your prayers for her. We've been told that she really appreciates the prayers of our church community, so I'll be sure to let her know that you're praying for her.

I'd also like prayers for J. who is in a bad mental space post a sexual assault, and for my friend Clara, whose beloved dog appears to be dying. The dog is one of her links with her late husband, and her constant companion since the husband's death, and she's a friend of Polly's as well, so it's all a bit much.

I'm a bit flipped out tonight myself with all the bad news in our little church community, although I'll probably be a lot better in the morning. Thanks for listening; it does help.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

Prayers appreciated for peace here still, and for my latest job application posted off today.

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for you all by name, especially those sick and their families

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
maleveque
Shipmate
# 132

- Posted      Profile for maleveque   Email maleveque   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A few requests:
Please hold our neighbors in your prayers. They are on vacation on the other side of the country. Last night their dog, staying with some other neighbors, became very ill. I took her to the animal hospital, where they discovered internal bleeding from a ruptured mass on her spleen. The poor thing had to be put down, and the family is very sad that they were so far away and couldn't say goodbye. I nearly lost it when on the phone with them last night I heard their 5YO daughter say, "we are all crying in the car! we love her so much!"
[Tear]
Please keep Firstborn Son in your prayers as well. He is job searching to little effect. He has moved home and is on our couch, and has been for five months now.
Thanks.
- Anne L.

--------------------
Life isn't all fricasseed frogs and eel pie.

Posts: 1496 | From: Washington, DC or thereabouts | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So many things. Prayers for everyone, in particular. [Biased]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Greenend
Apprentice
# 15674

- Posted      Profile for Greenend   Email Greenend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Hope and love.

--------------------
"As long as my legs can take me, I will participate in anti-war activity." Hetty Bower, aged 106

Posts: 11 | From: UK | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all in whatever need.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ord P lost his phone earlier this week, and I ordered him a replacement last night as an early birthday present. I had a message from the supplier this evening to say it was out of stock (He needs something rugged, so wanted a particular model. I've found another supplier who has it in stock, ordered, and everything seemed OK. I've now had a message to say they want to do a further security check and can I ring tomorrow?
I know its' a minor thing, but it's had me tearing my hair out tonight, so please pray I can sort it out quickly tomorrow!(And that I keep calm! [Mad]

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers please for a friend who has an operation tomorrow related to infertility (I'm not sure but I think it's an attempted unblocking of tubes type of thing).

Also for me please, for a private intention. Thank you [Smile]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all needs expressed and unexpressed.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Churchy LaFemme
Shipmate
# 11884

- Posted      Profile for Churchy LaFemme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For me,please. That everything will turn out all right.

--------------------
Bear and forbear (for a total of five bears).

Posts: 147 | From: Facing the sun | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading this thread while listening to Taize chant.
Thank you Lord for the ship.

I just lost my job. There's a possibility I might be able to work for my old employers again, but I won't know for at least a week as it's depending whether they get work themsleves.

Please Lord, give me patience and peace while I'm waiting to know.

Show me what to do.

O Lord,hear my prayer.

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Prayer for all posters. Oh Lord, hear our prayer...... [Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As I prayed with my daughter last night, I included a prayer for Ship people who need God's help, thinking of you all here, but not about to make my 3yo listen to a recitation of names. She asked about that, and I explained there were people mommy knew through an internet website called the ship who needed God. In conclusion, she said "God, please help those Ship people get a roof. I'll build them a roof!"

So I'm not exactly sure how her prayer is relevant, but we're all being prayed for at least!

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Niminypiminy
Shipmate
# 15489

- Posted      Profile for Niminypiminy   Email Niminypiminy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord in your mercy, hear our prayers

[Votive]

--------------------
Lives of the Saints: songs by The Unequal Struggle
http://www.theunequalstruggle.com/

Posts: 776 | From: Edge of the Fens | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:
As I prayed with my daughter last night, I included a prayer for Ship people who need God's help, thinking of you all here, but not about to make my 3yo listen to a recitation of names. She asked about that, and I explained there were people mommy knew through an internet website called the ship who needed God. In conclusion, she said "God, please help those Ship people get a roof. I'll build them a roof!"

So I'm not exactly sure how her prayer is relevant, but we're all being prayed for at least!

Bless her. [Overused] This made me chuckle.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
birdie

fowl
# 2173

- Posted      Profile for birdie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've had a bloody awful day. It's just been one thing after another and I'm fed up. Too much to sort out; too little time.

I don't even know what to ask you to pray for, I'm just [brick wall] .

--------------------
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Posts: 1290 | From: the edge | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
thanks for praying re Lord P's phone - it got sorted with little hassle. Now just the problem of why his bank card was refused as the local fraud squad is checking it - probably because the bank still have him in South Wales when he's now living at Horsham. Thankfully, he's living with a Christian who's loaned him some cash until he can sort it out.Prayer would be appreciated!

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

Courage and good cheer for those who need it. [Votive]

--------------------

Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. [Votive]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:

Words can not express how much I love this post! I know that God hears your daughter's prayer and knows exactly what she means.

[Votive] for all here who need uplifting

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

General upholding and health for me, please. Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aaaargh! ...just aaaargh! I'd like to ask for prayers that someone else's problem doesn't become my problem, but that doesn't sound right.

So can I just ask for prayers for L, and M,M,B, especially the middle M.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a sermon to write for Sunday morning - All Age Worship, so it needs maybe even more attentive preparation than usual. I have work this afternoon until 9pm. And. I have lost (and urgently need) my driving license. It's in the flat somewhere, I know it is - I had it in my hand only thee weeks ago and thought to myself "I must put this safe because I'm going to need it" but I've spent hours searching already and am running out of places to look.

I don't usually pray for things which basically are a result of my own lack of organisation and which can be solved by my own hard graft, but I need help and I need it quickly so that I can get on and finish this service with a clear mind. So your prayers would be appreciated...

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016