homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 60)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Churchgeek done busted her elbow. She is currently typing one-handed on Facebook like the trooper she is. Let's add her to the list.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Churchgeek's elbow to heal

[Votive] or those in Aleppo, suffering and grieving

[Votive] for all those battling with health issues, with conflict in the workplace, with fears about finance and unemployment

[Votive] reading her letters on the feast day of St Clare, such a luminous spirituality.

“May you go forward securely, joyfully, and swiftly, on the path of prudent happiness, not believing anything that would dissuade you from this resolution or that would place a stumbling block for you on the way, so that you may offer your vows to the Most High in the pursuit of that perfection to which the Spirit of the Lord has called you.”

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Churchgeek done busted her elbow.

Ouch!!!

[Votive] churchgeek [Votive]

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've just found out that a lovely lady I know slightly is in hospital with breathing problems. She has a whole host of other medical problems too. Over the years, she's fostered and adopted children and looked after every stray animal (and a few birds) that you could think of.
Please pray for Demi.

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eigon:
I've just found out that a lovely lady I know slightly is in hospital with breathing problems. She has a whole host of other medical problems too. Over the years, she's fostered and adopted children and looked after every stray animal (and a few birds) that you could think of.
Please pray for Demi.

Praying for Demi and for everyone else whose first intent is for others. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For churchgeek's elbow, it hurts just to read the news.

For Demi.

And everything Mary LA said.

For K., who I will finally see tomorrow. Please guide me as to how I can support her.

Feeling very discouraged by the finance-monster tonight. And by a private intention.

For a group of unhappy people.

For the Telemum.

For a very skinny white kitten who has visited these past two days looking for food. I haven't seen him today.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Pellinore
Quester Emeritus
# 12163

- Posted      Profile for Sir Pellinore   Email Sir Pellinore   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all and sundry. (Bearing in mind most people often think they are sundries). [Votive]

--------------------
Well...

Posts: 5108 | From: The Deep North, Oz | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all who post here. For Churchgeek's elbow and Evangeline's shoulder. For Demi. For Telemum, Telepath, and the stray kitten. May we hope s/he found a Demi to give her a home?

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

Continued prayers for David, that he will stick like glue to his new regimen to avoid future strokes.

I pray that I can carry through the new church projects I've volunteered to work on. This is harder for me than people might think. [Frown]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you, Kelly, for adding me here. It's a radial head fracture. I've had worse. [Big Grin] But all your prayers are much appreciated.

And although I didn't ask for prayer for it here, I want to thank God for my ongoing recovery from a bipolar episode this year (long depression followed by mixed hypomania). I'm getting much-needed help & support, including some new strategies and tools for staying well, and just this past week or two have been really feeling normal again.

Prayers ascending for all of us here.

"Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night; and give your angels charge over those who sleep. Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous; and all for your love's sake." Amen. [Votive]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Scots lass
Shipmate
# 2699

- Posted      Profile for Scots lass   Email Scots lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Little request - I'm doing the reading in church this evening, I've never done it before and my church is quite large! I'm a bit nervous about it, so if you could pray that I'll remember it's not even slightly about me but entirely about what I'm reading (and that I don't trip over when I've finished and head back to my seat!).
Posts: 863 | From: the diaspora | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Scots lass - remember to *breathe*, take your time, and speak slowly and clearly. Do Not Gabble. You'll be fine! [Biased]

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was unexpectedly sacked on friday morning, after a horrible week at work (the boss was in a foul mood and there were a lot of difficult stressful tasks.)

I was only two months into the job, and her reason for getting rid of me was that I was not learning quickly enough. This was in stark contrast with the opinion of the lady training me, who said I was doing incredibly well.

Am seeking advice tomorrow from citizens advice bureau about whether to consider a tribunal, as I don't think procedures were followed.

This has all been so very horrible. I had never expected that I could be fired whilst doing the best I could, and being told I was doing well by those training me. Am utterly heartbroken by the whole thing. Please can you pray for me?

To add to the list, my grandpa was rushed to hospital yesterday morning. They are running tests but don't know yet what is wrong. He has been falling, dropping things and having random attacks of shakes. Granny is coping ok, but her health isn't the best, and her doctor is always warning her to be less stressed, so am concerned for her too.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
{{{Mrs Shrew}}} and [Votive] for Granny and Grandpa Shrew.

[Votive] for all here.

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for your prayers. Zeke is teaching steadily, but only as a supply teacher. She may get on at a "charter school", which likely pays less per annum and does not have the superior pension scheme that the state provides. Still, it would be nice to know that one of us has a steady income. I was going to work another twelve years, but I may semi-retire at age sixty-seven if I can get full benefits and federal health insurance.

[brick wall] [Disappointed]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Mrs. Shrew.

For the mother of an old friend of mine, suffering health issues, and for my friend, who loves her dearly and suffers with her.

For a battle I must fight next week -- that I might not have to fight the battle, that the other side would see their way clear to a face-saving compromise before battle is joined. In fact I am in a very strong position and will win in the matter if I have to go to open fight, but I'd rather patch things up somehow and keep on as we've been.

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Repeating after Grammatica, Sir Kevin, Scots Lass, Lyda*Rose, and (((((Mrs Shrew))))). Yes, Mrs Shrew, do fight this, it should be made uncomfortable for them to just screw you over like this.

For me to do an outstanding job tomorrow (I'm going for "outstanding" in a burst of ambition) and to tame the finance-monster. I spent quite a lot of money today and am feeling quite discouraged.

For the Telemum, for shoulder healing.

For a couple in our church who are both looking for work. For V. And J. And E. for L. Also.

Spoke to K. and it seems she has had one of those Amazing Work Miracle Turnarounds in which Justice Is Done. We're getting really good at those so please keep praying for her.

For another K.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

And churchgeek!

--------------------

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading through and praying [Votive]

Can I ask for your prayers as I start a new job tomorrow? I've kinda got The Fear. I know I'll be fine once I'm there. I also know I'm blessed to have work, after all the upheaval. I have faith that God's hand is upon us, that His spirit guides us, that His love will bring us what we need.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Cat:
Reading through and praying [Votive]

Can I ask for your prayers as I start a new job tomorrow? I've kinda got The Fear. I know I'll be fine once I'm there. I also know I'm blessed to have work, after all the upheaval. I have faith that God's hand is upon us, that His spirit guides us, that His love will bring us what we need.

For Mad Cat [Votive]

[ 13. August 2012, 00:31: Message edited by: Grammatica ]

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(((Mrs. Shrew)))
I can only imagine what a horrible experience that is, though I've been laid off before, and losing a job any way is No Fun. I'm praying that you will get what you need, whether the same job back or a different one. God specializes in making bad things into good. If you're like me, it's hard to believe when you're in the thick of it, so we're believing with and for you. <3

Prayers also for your grandfather, and for everyone posting here. Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

[Votive]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Mrs Shrew and grandparents Shrew

[Votive] reading through and praying for all requests and the unspoken ones

[Votive] off to the Namib later this week, please would you pray for safe travel and productive work?

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thankyou for your prayers. I am going to find out if the CAB think I have a cae, and then see an agency I have worked with before to find out if they think they can find work for me *fingers crossed*

Grandpa Shrew is still in hospital, we hope to know more later today. The neighbours are being very kind to grandma shrew, which is a bit of a relief.

Praying for you all by name.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying. [Votive]

As part of my work with a small charity I am taking teens away for a 4 day trip next Monday to the middle of nowhere. Lots of niggly transport/money/staff issues still to be resolved and I'm now the minibus driver too.

Prayer much appreciated for good planning decisions this week, good health and energy to drive them and lead them, no fights or incidents while there, safe returns and much benefit to them from the whole experience.

It'll also be strange for Malinette (3) and Malino (2) to have me absent so prayers for peace at home would be great too.

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

I have been told that there is nothing I can do.

Terrified about the future.

Thank you for your prayers

--------------------
Was "mummyfrances".

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry to hear that Mrs Shrew. Please, if there isn't anything that can be done, put it behind you. It's not ideal but it's better there than adding to your burden.

[Votive] for you and your grandpa.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mrs. Shrew:
quote:
I have been told that there is nothing I can do.
Damned probationary periods. [Mad]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's also employment for less than 6 months in the UK, having had similar discussions with someone else recently. Some employers are abusing that particular situation.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've mentioned one of Mrs Sioni's colleague's with a son who has CFS or something like that. He is now having some good days, though they wipe him out for a few after, but his mum came off her bike a week ago, went over the handlebars and broke both arms at the elbow. [Waterworks]

She now has both arms in slings and can move her hands but it's all a bit of a strain for her, her husband and his parents who now have her and their three children in their home.

[Votive] for C and S, their children O, M and K and his parents. They really are having the kind of year to test your faith.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Scots lass
Shipmate
# 2699

- Posted      Profile for Scots lass   Email Scots lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I didn't trip, and I don't think I did too badly - thank you everyone. It's encouraging to know people are praying for you!

[Votive] for all those facing a difficult week ahead, whether it be work, health, family or something else.

Posts: 863 | From: the diaspora | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Mad Cat (I have a meeting on Wednesday and I too have The Fear, but we must deal with it by pretending we are cold-blooded assassins)

Mrs Shrew and the Grandparents Shrew. Fear not, Mrs Shrew. I have been where you are. Please just keep getting up and you will win the fight.

Travelling mercies for Mary LA.

churchgeek's elbow (and you are absolutely right, God does specialise in making bad things into good - I'm honestly amazed at how certain things have turned out for me)

For Malin to glide through it all in a smooth ballet of efficiency.

For Sioni's C and S, and their children O, M, and K and his parents.

For Scots lass, yay!

For me to do a great job tomorrow, also for the Telemum's healing, and for vanquishing of the finance-monster.

For my heart's desire.

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Even though he would find it odd, please pray for my friend G, who has gone through the mill these past few months, and there is no end in sight. Doing what I can, but hey... a little something extra would be useful.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Interviews are done for our new position ... please pray that we discern well.

Also asking for myself, as I have been under a lot of strain lately - also been treated badly by a couple of people at the church. I mean to talk with them but I'm having another "I want to run away and join the circus" day.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For my MiL, Katherine, who fell last week and broke her femur (the same one which has an artificial hip joint) She is in rehab for at least the next two weeks.
Also for FiL, Bill, who is literally worrying himself sick over this. They have been married for 65+ years and never been apart more than a day or two at a time since.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For general health and upholding for me, and finding an item that I misplaced.

Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For the Dowager Mrs. S, whose early progress now her broken wrist is out of its cast is proving too slow for her (she is notoriously impatient). Please pray for patience (see signature!) and discernment for her, that she won't overdo things in an attempt to hurry up the healing process, and that it will return to a reasonable degree of function (she's 88, for crying out loud)

Thanks for all mercies so far [Axe murder]

Mrs. S, wrist-fracture expert

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't get in here very often but would appreciate (selfishly) a prayer or two. I've just been appointed acting Vice Principal in my new school, basically with responsibility for discipline. This is very new to me, and the role of shining a Christlight in tuff love (and there are huge discipline issues in this school) is an invidious one. Any prayers appreciated.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayer please for my friend S and her cat Freddie. He's injured his eye and might have to have an operation to remove it. As he's 14 years old the vet has suggested he might not cope with one eye or survive the operation [Frown] She's been asked to consider euthanasia.

S suffers from depression as well as long term physical problems and her cats have been what has kept her going. She lost one earlier this year and the thought of losing another so soon has upset her and I'm worried for her health if she has to have him put down.

Please pray that Freddie's eye improves enough not to have an operation or worse and that S can live with any decision she has to make today.

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

Praying for all [Votive]
Would you believe it - my little problem requiring medication has come back just in time for my holidays!! So back to the doctor this morning for yet another variety of antibiotic - hopefully this time won't be wiped out by them!! I think I must be run down and in need of a holiday and my body is just agreeing with my mind.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kasra
Shipmate
# 10631

- Posted      Profile for Kasra   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Kasra-family needs a timely miracle. Please pray for us as we pray for you.

--------------------
Can you spare $13.10 to help find a cure for Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma? http://pages.teamintraining.org/ne/kc12/cburberqb8#home

Posts: 309 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

Praying for all, and mentioning the Kasras. S. and her cat Freddie, and for Zappa to do well in his new job, with repentance for all my schoolfriends and I put my Vice-Principal through some 45 years ago.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016