homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 72)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My Grumpyman is currently trying to do a job application, and has got quite anxious about the whole thing. This does not make for happy families. Please pray that he'll either get the whole things sorted out and do well or at least not give up on the idea of applying for things.

Cattyish.

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers requested. I have a training course in Taunton tomorrow (and all week) which I really really want to do. It involves leaving at 5am and driving myself and my colleague for three hours to get there. I managed to avoid catching the boy's lurgy all last week, only to go down with it big time today: headaches, coughing, strange fluctuations of temperature (though no high temperature) and a general feeling of uuugggghitude. I need to feel better tomorrow - I need to feel better all week... especially as a cushy week in Taunton and training in a new area of expertise is just what I need when feeling a bit run down at work!

[ 30. September 2012, 17:53: Message edited by: Smudgie ]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading through and praying for each by name [Votive]

Please pray for our new curate, deaconed today [Votive]
New people are arriving at church with the new uni term. May they find a happy home with us [Votive]

Thank you God for P's kind words to me this morning. It made me feel different about myself.

Thank you God too that being off the meds has been okay so far. I feel not much odder than normal, and the side effects have been limited to jumpy legs and crying at hymns. Pretty much par for the course [Big Grin]

For a private intention x 2. No, x 3 [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Nicolemr's brother T to be accepted by the landlord.

For Grumpyman to get the application out and do it well.

For travelling mercies, good health and superb learning outcomes for Smudgie.

For Mad Cat's new curate, and all the new student recruits. For healing, and the three private intentions.

For me to do a really outstanding day's work tomorrow and to feel on top of the world at close of business.

The finance-monster left a "while you were out" card in my letterbox. Please keep him away! I'm almost successful.

I seem to have an attack of that dreaded malady, low self-esteem. I don't even believe in self-esteem. Please make it go away.

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

Off to the City this morning to collect the stuff I have shipped from UK, at last - the delay is mine and not theirs. Everything should go fine but just in case...

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For each need and intention by name [Votive] [Votive]

That Nicolemr's T get the place. May T get all he needs for a successful life [Votive]

In thanksgiving the my foot is better now -- the antibiotic seems to be defeating any sign of cellulitis. Whew! [Votive]
And for me and my appt with the oncologist tomorrow to talk about where we may go from here in putting down the melanoma. For guidance my wonderful caregivers. That good choices (as not unpleasant as possible) may be presented. That i may have the discernment to make the best choice. [Votive]
And in continued thanksgiving that i feel perfectly fine 10 months after the initial diagnosis! How blessed i am! [Votive]

[ 01. October 2012, 12:51: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying

Lots of heavy stress for Mr.M at work as the redundancies hover over them all.

I've had a hacking cough for over 2 weeks and it's stopping me sleeping so I'm exhausted. I'm leading a 5 day sailing trip next Monday for a bunch of teenagers so could really do with losing the cough asap.

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Might be worth taking your hacking cough to the GP - whooping cough is doing the rounds, and you can get it even if you've been vaccinated or had it before, the immunity wears off.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A friend asked if I would pray for some friends of hers: Please pray for K and V, both of whom have mild learning disabilities, and their baby daughter S. V's midwife was quite happy with their circumstances but asked Social Services if they could have a little support. Social Services have imposed all sorts of regulations on the family and have threatened to remove S. Obviously, I don't know the full story, but please pray for a good outcome. Please also pray for C, the friend who told me about this family, for the right job to come up. Thanks!

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
praying for all [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For a successful errand for Welease Woderwick.

For Nicolemr's T to get the place, and for T to get all he needs for a successful life.

For malik3000, melanoma (and cellulitis) be gone!

For healing for Malin and for Mr M to retain his job.

For a good outcome for St Gwladys' K and V and their daughter S. For C, for the right job to come up.

For a really successful day's work tomorrow.

And for me to Get Over It.

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Looks like my brother didn't get the room. [Frown] Please pray that something turns up soon.

And now my daughter's lost her job, though she thinks the temp agency she's with will place her with another one pretty quickly. Please pray that she's right and that she gets something fast.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all needs, spoken or whispered or silent.

May we each feel the peace we need this day.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For April Jones, five years old, missing since yesterday evening. [Votive]

For her family, her friends and the community searching for her [Votive]

Story from the BBC website here

Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Out the blue I've got an interview at a local school - at 10.00 am (currently 9.10 am here). I thought I'd decided never to teach again, but feel I must have a look at this. Prayers would be gratefully received that the right way becomes clear.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] April Jones

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] {{{for nicolemr's brother and daughter, for decent employment quickly for both -- job hunting is the most stressful job, especially in these times -- and a place of his own for her brother}}

[Votive] for Telepath -- finance monster be gone! -- and for a good work day, and for the Telemum

[Votive] that April Jones be found safe and sound, for her family, for the searchers and for the community

[Votive] for Robert Armin -- for a good interview and for discernment to see clearly the best path

Deo Gratias, the antibiotic seems to have chased the cellulitis away.
Well, I'm off this morning to the oncologist to learn more about possible treatment options in the ongoing campaign against the melanoma. The thing that is unusual in my case, in a good way, is that ocular melanoma (the kind i have, somewhat different from the more usual skin type), usually metastasizes to the liver, at which point the prognosis beomes quite a bit tougher, whereas in my case it's been only 2 or 3 spots in the lung -- much better of the 2 situations.
For my medical team, for good options to be presented to me, for discernment for me to choose wisely, for for my liver to remain clean (p.s. i've had asymptomatic hepatitis c for 2 decades, so let that continue to not be a negative). [Votive]

In thanksgiving that this community of prayers is here. [Axe murder]

--------------------
God = love.

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] for the 20 or more students murdered in Nigeria, for those who are grieving, and for peace to come to all the peoples of Nigeria.

--------------------
God = love.

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all in need. [Votive]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through here

and

For S .....own bank account back again.

For D ...a home.

For M ....to get sorted at hospital. Various bits and bobs need attention and it's not very joined up yet.

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nothing working properly = me being a bit panic-y.
Got to go to London on my own for a meeting = me being very panic-y.

Prayers would be really appreciated.

Thank you...

For all who have asked for prayer [Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for little April (still missing) and her family. Police are saying that she is still alive.

For all who post here and all who cannot.

[Votive] Lord - in your mercy - hear our prayers.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Still rather sore two weeks post op. Not sure if it's just taking time for recovery or whether I might have a slight wound infection. Maybe I should go to the Dr... Wisdom needed and prayers for healing and recovery appreciated.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My mum is back home now - which is what she wants, but possibly too soon. It's all been a huge strain on my sister, who has other burdens including health problems of her own including a fairly major op pending.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For a great living space for Nicolemr's brother. For a great new job fast for Nicolemr's daughter.

For April Jones.

For guidance and success for Robert Armin.

For malik3000, melanoma be gone!

For the students murdered in Nigeria.

For Ethne Alba's S, D, and M.

For things to work properly for St Everild and for the meeting to go well.

For healing and wisdom for Lucia.

For the best possible living and care arrangements for MumLib and SisLib. For healing for SisLib.

I need to produce something impressive tomorrow.

--------------------

Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Several related prayer requests:

For Ryan and Jennifer, who I will be uniting in marriage this Saturday in Portland OR.

For traveling mercies for me and for my friend Barry, who is the father of the groom, as we fly from Roanoke to Portland on Thursday.

For me, also, as I fight off a persistent cough which is so bad it is making my ribs sore. [Frown]

And that the ceremony respects both families. Jennifer's parents are conservative Baptists, and Ryan's family are Jewish. (Should be interesting!)

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Requesting prayers for our church leadership (which is going through a very rough patch now) and for our incoming and outgoing rectors.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For an elderly person, recovering from surgery. If the recovery doesn't go well, the person may have to leave their assisted living facility. Not desirable.

Thanks.

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] April Jones and family, searchers and friends.

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for Kerry. She's supposed to run a marathon in 5 weeks but has been injured. Help her make a good decision that doesn't break her spirit. [Votive]
Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] Praying for each by name

[Votive] Giving thanks that my meeting with my oncologist went well, and that the growth (if any) of the 3 sports in my lung is so slow that there is no need to make a hurried decision on how to proceed

--------------------
God = love.

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

[Votive]

--------------------

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
reading and praying
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Still off meds and doing well, except that I feel like I am dreaming someone else's dreams. It's very odd and unsettling as I go to turn in..... please pray that this is a short term side effect. [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
could use some prayer for money issues. mostly, that my anxiety disorder and bad habits not allow me to screw myself over when things need to just GET DONE. I'm so terrible at this. [Frown]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Repeating after Amazing Grace, Campbellite, comet, Golden Key, Mad Cat, malik3000 (melanoma be gone!), Malin, and Taliesin.

For me, for good habits, well being, etc etc.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016