homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 73)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for the academic advisors at a place I know as they go into an important meeting. They want to do what is right for their students and are feeling blocked and baffled by new regulations.

Praying for all:

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

And for me: the Lord help me get my work done and done well, please.

[ 03. October 2012, 22:13: Message edited by: Grammatica ]

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] RH who is recovering in hospital following a serious suicide attempt.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Quick work on the prayers, folks, my daughter has been un-laid-off.

Now if my brother could just find a place to live...

Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
PerkyEars

slightly distracted
# 9577

- Posted      Profile for PerkyEars   Email PerkyEars   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for everyone. Especially Comet and all those struggling with anxiety disorders.

Please uphold me as I do a job I really don't want to do out of financial and professional neccessity. Pray that other options present themselves and that in the meantime I don't make any foolish decisions out of weakness. Pray that I can reframe this as an opportunity for growth and not a giant pain in the arse.

Also please pray for my husband C, who's awaiting the results of some heart tests.

Posts: 532 | From: Bristol | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers aplenty as I'm reading through
Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemr:
Quick work on the prayers, folks, my daughter has been un-laid-off.

That's great news [Yipee]

Please pray for my mother, who is in hospital, and for those treating her, that they will soon work out what is wrong.

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Melangell
Shipmate
# 4023

- Posted      Profile for Melangell   Email Melangell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for Smudgie who is Proper Poorly with a Vile Virus - and on her birthday, too. And Charlie Cat, not to be outdone, is at the V.E.T. ...

--------------------
Gwnewch y pethau bychein (Dewi Sant)
Do the little things (Saint David)

Posts: 367 | From: A bit of Wales in Surrey | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Doublethink's RH.

For the academic advisors and their students mentioned by Grammatica.

For JoannaP's mother, for healing.

For Nicolemr's brother to get sorted out as quickly as her daughter did.

For PerkyEars to turn that job into one of those inspirational life-coaching paperbacks, and for healing for her husband C.

Please bless the Telemum.

For me to improve at that thing.

For me to produce something glamorous by the 17th.

For R. who is homeless, jobless, in continuous fairly severe pain, has been dumped and kicked out by her bf because he (a med student) can't cope with her possible cancer diagnosis, and who is not covered by any medical plan that she can find despite extensive research. She is depressed, too, funnily enough.

And for Smudgie and CharlieCat.

[ 04. October 2012, 21:01: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying through the list, Lord, hear our prayers when we call on you.

Thank you for your prayers for the academic advisers and their meeting. I've just learned that it went better, much better, than any of us had reason to expect. The students' best interests will be upheld and no regulations will be violated. Thank you all.

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For my sister recovering from major surgery.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

and one of my friends has a problem getting her son into a Secondary RC School because they accept children who were baptised under 6 months and her son was baptised just aged 12 months. [Confused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my mum. She is 89 years old and she needs a bit of help now but she hates giving up any of her independence. Please pray that she will be willing to accept the help that's on offer.

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
birdie

fowl
# 2173

- Posted      Profile for birdie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Malin:
[Votive] April Jones and family, searchers and friends.

As well as praying for April and her family, please continue to pray for the searchers, who are working so hard. My sister is out with the coastguard, and my brother-in-law with the lifeboat crew. They've been out pretty much continually through daylight hours since Tuesday afternoon and are exhausted.

--------------------
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Posts: 1290 | From: the edge | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lifting up all of the above in prayer, and for those needs known only to You, Lord hear our prayer. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] Lord in your mercy hear our prayers.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One of my best friends (LL) had a stillborn baby boy on Sunday, a couple of weeks before her due date. Please pray for her and her hubby A and his child (L) from a previous relationship. LL & A have been married less than 2 years, and have already had some really sad things happen to them. LL's grandmother died on Christmas Day during their first year of marriage, and it has been hard trying to decide who to spend holidays with, as LL and A are both very close to their families and sometimes things are complicated with L as he's not blood-related to LL's family.
So prayers for them all would be great. [Waterworks]

[ 05. October 2012, 21:48: Message edited by: Freelance Monotheist ]

--------------------
Denial: a very effective coping mechanism

Posts: 1239 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all the birdies who are involved in the search for April Jones, and for the coast guard and rescue services as a whole.

For Chamois' mother to live the way she wants to.

For the best school for daisymay's friend's son.

For Freelance Monotheists' friends.

For Grammatica, in thanks for a good result.

For Sis Chopped.

For the Telemum.

For R.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My brother has an pointment to see a room tomorrow. PLease pray hard, people! Thanks!

praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by birdie:
quote:
Originally posted by Malin:
[Votive] April Jones and family, searchers and friends.

As well as praying for April and her family, please continue to pray for the searchers, who are working so hard. My sister is out with the coastguard, and my brother-in-law with the lifeboat crew. They've been out pretty much continually through daylight hours since Tuesday afternoon and are exhausted.
Please also pray for the family of the man who is being questioned; apparently he has two children who go to the same school as April
and I cannot imagine what they are going through. [Votive]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ok, prayer warriors, my little kitty Maggie has hid herself inside the house, and I'm very worried because she wasn't looking great last night. Pray that she may show herself soon.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post 
Amazing Grace, you've got my prayers.

For Maggie [Votive]

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Amazing Grace's kitty

[Votive] All of Us

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Nicolemr's brother to find a place to live.

For all affected by the loss of April Jones.

For the reappearance of Maggie.

For the Telefinances.

For right thinking and action for me.

For R.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

There has been some positive movement on my brother's efforts to find a place to live. Keep praying, please, everyone!

Prayers for all here. [Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

A BIG EVENT here this morning - that folks may stay calm and enjoy it rather than getting tense and snappy.

eta: ...including me!

[ 07. October 2012, 02:39: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Ruudy
Shipmate
# 3939

- Posted      Profile for Ruudy   Email Ruudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I ask your prayers for Stephen, my good friend and the godfather to my youngest child. It looks like he will fall asleep in the Lord very soon. He is tonight in a coma after a ten-month battle with stage 4 stomach cancer. Please also remember in your prayers his wife Tara and two young sons Basil and Levi.

--------------------
The shipmate formerly known as Goar.

Posts: 1360 | From: Gatorland | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers please for my friend K as she starts on a new and exciting venture and my friend C, who is beiginning to despair of ever being employable again. Also for my new graduate son S, he finally he has an interview for a job after two months of trying.

Praying for all our intentions.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
lianej
Apprentice
# 17326

- Posted      Profile for lianej   Email lianej       Edit/delete post 
Psalm 127 (128): 1-6

--------------------
Amen Amen I say to you

Posts: 3 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Goar's Stephen, Tara, Basil and Levi. Lord have mercy.

For Gussie's K, C, and S, bless them in all their ventures.

For Nicolemr's brother.

For Welease Woderwick, for good tempers all round.

For the Telemum.

For banishment of the finance-monster.

For R.

For my heart's desire.

[ 07. October 2012, 21:00: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I ask your prayers for my goddaughter L, who's having a rough time. She has just gone through a difficult breakup, and two days ago a different friend of hers took his own life.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

Thanks for the prayers - tempers were kept in check, including mine, and seemed to be dissolved in humour.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
Our daughter, Willow, got done for impaired driving last night: she is on disability and too ill to work and apparently too screwed up to return to university either. All I can do is pray for her: thank you for your prayers in advance. She is 33 years old and should sort herself out eventually...

[Votive]

Our daughter has moved into a lovely townhouse with a pool on the property as of yesterday: she no longer drives and is slowly settling in. She is in a good neighbourhood and I shall be helping her get more of her things this week.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying through by name [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Faith and Michael are having a much better time now, thanks for your prayers everyone. I have found a church and I like it a lot.

However, I am having real issues with student finance and they are taking a looong time to process my financial information (which is needed for the means-tested grant) and have been told that it will take up to 4 weeks (but hopefully less). In the meantime I have about £7 in cash and £6 in the bank left. Please pray that my loans and grant will be given the green light soon and that I will be OK for food and other necesscities. There is an emergency fund at university so I am seeing the student welfare department about that tomorrow.

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

Reading and praying. [Votive]

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not sure quite what to say - walls have ears - but I need your prayers to guide my steps.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jade Constable:

However, I am having real issues with student finance and they are taking a looong time to process my financial information (which is needed for the means-tested grant) and have been told that it will take up to 4 weeks (but hopefully less). In the meantime I have about £7 in cash and £6 in the bank left. Please pray that my loans and grant will be given the green light soon and that I will be OK for food and other necesscities. There is an emergency fund at university so I am seeing the student welfare department about that tomorrow.

You too? Our middle son is in the same boat, and I know of two others through co-workers. These do seem to be processed eepecially slowly this year.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Mamacita's L, for upholding.

For Sir Kevin's Willow to thrive.

For FoolOfTheShip to know what to do.

For Jade Constable and the students known to Sioni to get their money.

I didn't have such a productive day today. I would like to do better tomorrow.

For the Telemum.

For continued banning of the finance monster.

For R.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016