homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 75)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] {{For Lamb Chopped's son, that the educational system does a better job of helping him and that his classmates have a change of attitude}}

[Votive] {{for Mili's A that henceforth her life be happier and fulfilling and more filled with love than it has been}}

[Votive] For every single person and need spoken here and every need unspoken

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Any thoughts that can be spared for one of my co-workers would be appreciated. She's been diagnosed with bowel cancer, discovered today that rather than 5 weeks of chemo etc., it'll be 3 months. Chemo sorts two-thirds of this type, just hope she's in that group. [Votive]

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for healing for Celtic Knotweed's co-worker, with as little discomfort or suffering as possible

--------------------
God = love.

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
went to doctor today for a 2 hour overhaul (inspected, rejected...) culminating in a new med program that may actually help the anxiety. cross your fingers. thank you all for the prayers.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Would appreciate prayers for a journey
it's complicated
thanks

Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all as I read.
For me - God's will be done in all kinds of situations in my life which is rather troublesome at the moment.
Thank you for all support.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Things are looking really good for my brother to have found a place to live, but not quite there yet. Please keep praying.

Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] for nicolemr's brother to get that place soon
[Votive] for all

[Votive] for the Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta and for Bishop-elect Rob Wright who will be ordained tomorrow (Saturday).

[Votive] for me to quickly resolve a financial problem (by next Wednesday if possible) so i can quickly pay a fee needed to lift a suspension on my driver's licence

--------------------
God = love.

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am a prat. Please pray that I can get over this soon and that my prattishness doesn't have too many repercussions...

For all who have requested prayer, wherever you may be and for whatever reason [Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

St Everild, you're no more of a prat than me -- it's all part of being human -- remember, first you are a loved child of God [Smile] [Votive]

--------------------
God = love.

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Asking for prayers that everyone involved in my current situation (including me) do their best to listen to G-d and what G-d is telling them rather than... well, other things. I really am trying my best but the situation is so complicated and there are so many people involved and they're all telling me contradictory things...

Alternatively, can someone arrange for me to live my desired life as a hermit? Surely there must be somewhere in the world where I could just pitch a tent and growl at anyone who comes near me.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
God = love.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Jade Constable's finances and peace of mind, and the return of the lost rosary.

For Chopped Junior, for healing.

For Mili and the health and well being of her friends.

For saysay, for guidance, freedom from fear, and peace of mind.

For Welease Woderwick's Nephew person.

For Ethne Alba's journey.

For Enigma.

For the diocese of Atlanta.

For malik3000's driving licence to be sorted out (and melanoma be gone!)

For St Everild, show me someone who doesn't identify with you and I'll show you someone who needs to look in a mirror.

For comet, for healing,

For Curious' coworker, for healing.

In thanks for a difficult mission accomplished.

For me to be worthy. For me to also get any remaining answers I need, without being distressed in the process.

For M. To get enough students to make her class profitable.

For R.

[ 13. October 2012, 21:10: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I meant Celtic Knotweed's coworker.

For Nicolemr's brother to find a place to live.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for me as I juggle the demands/needs of my mother and husband this week - preferably without doing too much harm to my own wellbeing. A duvet week feels very tempting right now.

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A's wedding went well yesterday and bride and groom were very happy.

N's ear operation was successful in removing the remaining/regrowth of tumor, but unfortunately there was more there than the doctors had predicted so they were unable to implant artificial bones. However N. copes well with hearing in one ear and there is still the possibility of restoring the hearing in the other ear in the future. It just means more operations for him [Frown]

Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Prayers and upholding for my friend M again, please. he has been in some sort of accident and says in an SMS:

quote:
Face not good, whole body paining
Details tomorrow when I go and see him in a nursing home a couple of villages over, where the accident happened. He was supposed to start a new job tomorrow morning!

Thanks.

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If you could possibly spare prayers for J and N - friends of mine with young children. Both their elderly mothers are in different hospitals (fortunately in the same conurbation) with different potentially life-ending conditions.

It's not looking good, and they're feeling the strain. [Votive]

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all.

[Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers please, my pregnant DIL is on her wasy to hopsital bleeding...
Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For the health and well being of those mentioned by Doc Tor.

For Welease Woderwick's M, for healing.

For Mili's friends.

For Zacchaeus' DIL and baby.

For upholding for JoannaP.

For relief of allergies in the Telehome.

For the Telemum.

For a day of Rising to the Challenge tomorrow.

[ 14. October 2012, 20:54: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
J's mother has died. [Frown]

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

Another SMS last night - our neighbour S is currently staying in hospital not far from here helping to look after a friend who has Guillain-Barre Syndrome so that is going to be a long and uncomfortable haul for the friend.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For my Monday (today) medical appointment. Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have about three or four reasons that I need to be able to focus and formulate my thoughts extra keenly this week. Prayers for my mind to work well.

[Votive] For all who post here and are reading this.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
PerkyEars

slightly distracted
# 9577

- Posted      Profile for PerkyEars   Email PerkyEars   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My work is now looking managable. Husband had no bad news from the tests, but this means the doctor is puzzled and is sending him for more. Fortunately most of his symptoms seem to be resolving themselves, with one or two exceptions. Please pray that the improvement continues.

[Votive] For all who come here with their needs and those of others.
[Votive] For those of us who are struggling with mental health difficulties - our own or others.

Giving thanks that A's wedding went well. [Votive]

Giving thanks that you quietly walk beside us Lord throughout all life has to throw at us. [Votive]

Posts: 532 | From: Bristol | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name on this Feast of St Teresa of Avila [Votive]

"Christ has no body now, but yours.
No hands, no feet on earth, but yours.
Yours are the eyes through which
Christ looks compassion into the world.
Yours are the feet
with which Christ walks to do good.
Yours are the hands
with which Christ blesses the world."

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Could people please pray urgently for my cousin S. He was hit by a drink driver and is in hospital having surgery. They already had to revive him three times and things are not looking good. I don't know how his parents, sister, wife and daughters are going to cope if he doesn't pull through.
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name, especially for S and for all doctors and medical staff as they work to look after others

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I did find my rosary [Smile] Student Finance have said I didn't earn enough to qualify for a maintenance grant [Paranoid] but I did before when I did a year at uni, so the student welfare officer at uni spoke to them and they are reviewing my evidence from *last time* and I should have more of an answer by the end of the week. Meanwhile my maintenance loan and the fees loan have been OK'd, just need to sign the form and send it off. Thanks for all the prayers, and prayers for all mentioned here [Votive]

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
DIL is ok at the moment, bleeding stopped and at home taking it easy.

There are soem powerful pray-ers here [Smile]

Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

My cousin S was too severely injured to be saved. They think he was unconscious from when his car was hit so at least he did not suffer, but otherwise the whole situation is horrible. His brother T was killed in a motorcycle accident 13 years ago and T's partner M later married S. So S's parents, sister, wife (M) and T and M's teenage daughter are going through this horror for a second time. S and M also have a young daughter who is still in primary school.

Please pray for everyone. They are very angry and distraught right now, especially with the drunk driver who hit S. She is a young, pregnant woman who walked away uninjured or with minor injuries. I'm angry with what she did - even just that she was endangering her baby by drinking but then driving too, but please pray we can forgive her.

Only some of my family are Christian and the non-Christians don't necessarily believe in forgiving her at all, but I know hatred will hurt them in the long run. Please also pray for everyone as we face another tragic funeral and later a court case.

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Mili's cousin's family, for all invoved in this tragedy.
[Votive] for the repose of the soul of my father's cousin, a woman we all greatly loved.
[Votive] for all who ask our prayers, and for all whose needs are known to You only,

Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

[Votive] Praying thru

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

[Votive]

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading through and praying by name [Votive]

Special prayers for Mili and her cousin's family [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Son deeply depressed about school. Husband mistreated at work and considering quitting. God, help.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016