homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 77)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Comet [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
hey all - just want to let you know I'm okay. I was in the midst of a raging panic attack yesterday when I posted. not that it's not still dire; but I'm coping. the kids are good at talking me down and making me laugh. I spent all day dressed as a panda. that helped.

thank you so much for all the care you all have shown and continue to show. what a blessing this place is.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank God.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mrs E's father is in his [late?] eighties and was taken into hospital last night with breathing problems. He is not a strong man so there are a lot of worried people about. Prayers and upholding appreciated.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Really struggling at the moment on all fronts - would very much appreciate prayer please

A

Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Adrienne, and all those who are struggling with life.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Many thanks for the prayers for my housemate -- she is really all I have of family and is seriously ill. Please keep her in your prayers

For all those affected by the tragedy in Cardiff [Votive]

That Mrs E's father might get better, peace of mind for his family [Votive]

For Adrienne struggling on all fronts, healing [Votive]

For all those who are jobless and homeless [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Catching up and praying for all [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
I spent all day dressed as a panda. that helped.

I think we should all buy panda suits. [Biased]

[Votive] Continuing to pray.

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying for all in need. [Votive]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was asked to share this E-mail with you.

Dear Friends

Surgery was completed earlier this afternoon, and they did find a dime size hole in her bowel with some leakage. So, the wound is a bit complicated for now, she is still intubated to keep her quiet and heavily sedated to keep her from trying to remove the tubes. Still early in the game, but positive outcome so far.

You have no idea how much the prayers have meant to us. I shared with the children they are so thankful. We all are as we look to the long road ahead.

Again my thanks
My own thanks as well. Graven Image.

Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for akk

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying thru [Votive]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holy one bring light and comfort to all the needs posted on this page. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mum finally has a date for her hysterectomy, it's Tuesday (very early in the morning!).

[Votive] for all

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Got a phone call from a friend who is now at another church in town. There was a devastating fire last night at their church - sacristry burned, their old stained glass window destroyed, charred everywhere. Please keep the people of Good Shepherd, Berkeley in your prayers.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
RIP George McGovern, former senator and presidential candidate, called "The most descent man in the senate." [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all [Votive]

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying [Votive]

(((Comet)))

I've now pulled a rib muscle coughing so much so in pain. Especially when I cough. Thankful for nurofen but exhausted from a month of this.

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the family of the woman killed in the hit-and-run, and for those injured, and those traumatised by the sight of it. And for the driver.

For comet's home to be safe.

For Mrs E's father.

For Adrienne to triumph over the struggle.

For healing for Mary LA's housemate.

For Graven Image. Please heal.

For Jade Constable's mum, for healing.

For the people of Good Shepherd, Berkeley.

RIP George McGovern. For more decent men in the senate.

For Malin, for healing. (Do you have whooping cough?)

T. was asked to pay £60 for a CRB check, which he did this week. After he paid the money the employers became uncommunicative and said that, because he hadn't submitted enough of the right kind of references (he has not held a job in 5 years), the job was not confirmed after all. It's my understanding that a CRB check should cost £44, not £60, and that it should only be requested of a successful candidate, and that it takes four weeks. The problem can't be the CRB results because it's too early and T. doesn't have any kind of record. If the references are insufficient or unsatisfactory to hire T., then he wasn't a successful candidate at the point when he was asked to pay for the CRB check, so, T. now thinks he may have been scammed. I hope this is not the case, and I have urged him to go to the CAB tomorrow and also to apply relentlessly for other jobs, but the prospect of having this taken away from him is very demoralising, as you can imagine.

For the Telemum.

Free-floating anxiety is bugging me.

I need to put tomorrow to the best use, making hay appropriately &c.

For two projects I dare to undertake.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's almost 1 am and I'm still on the computer. I need to go to bed, but I feel scared. Today has been a bad day, and I don't know why. Still unemployed, nothing in sight, no idea what to do. Scared.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

For Jade Constable, that all goes well with Mother's surgery. Blessing on all who will have her in their care.
For the people and clergy of Good Shepherd Berkeley.
For family and friends of George McGovern comfort, and thanksgiving for his service to our nation.
Marlin, For rest and wellness.
For Telepath that tomorrow may be a day of blessings.
For T courage and hope
Robert A That peace and opportunities may surround you.

Holy One hear our prayers.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My housemate still ill -- please keep her in your prayers

Praying for all by name [Votive]

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's the 1st anniversary of the elections here in Tunisia tomorrow. Lots of people are frustrated and unhappy with how things are going. There is a lot of nervousness about potential demonstrations and trouble in the country tomorrow. Please pray for peace.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
  • One dear freiend, S, just diagnosed with cancer
  • another stuck overseas and stressed out - but just has to get through the next few weeks
  • the dear colleague who had a stroke has been promised she'll be home in November, but I know she's worried about how she and her partner will cope, especially as his adult son ia also not well
  • another lovely colleague, another cancer, under the knife tomorrow
  • my sister and I hoping to get mum into a nursing home before the weekend and my sister's back op next week, which will see her pretty much out of action for a month.
It's quite a list.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for the supportive PMs I've received. Did my best to answer them - but Nicole, your box is full.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The black dog is sitting in the hallway. I've told him to vamoose. I ain't letting him in again.

Please pray for C's sister, in intensive care, and for C and his family as they watch and wait. [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Robert Armin, for employment and freedom from fear.

For Jade Constable, for her mother's surgery.

For the people and clergy of Good Shepherd Berkeley.

For family, friends, and the state of George McGovern.

For Malin, for healing.

For Graven Image.

For T, courage, hope, and employment.

For Mary LA's housemate, for healing.

For peace in Tunisia.

For QLib's friend S, for healing. For the safe return, and peace of mind, of the other friend. For the colleague, for healing. For SisLib, for healing. For safe delivery of mumLib to a nice nursing home before the weekend.

Mad Cat, throw a stick for the black dog and he will run after it, and the finance-monster will go lumbering after him.

For C's sister, for healing. For C and his family.

For the Telemum.

For R.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

For me, please, as I sort stuff out so I can leave the country on time [by the end of next month] and that when [not if] I return as a tourist that I can then sort things out permanently so this all doesn't happen again a few years down the line.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
tentative good news - the meeting has been put off but I'm hearing that an eviction notice is NOT part of it, though a good chewing out probably is. the best part is I have a chance to fix all the damage I've done. I hope. this isn't for sure yet but I may have dodged a bullet if I can right my many wrongs.

praying through - I do it daily. thanks so much everyone.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] WW
[Votive] comet
that all may be well

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

Robert Armin, thanks for letting me know! Will clean it asap.

Prayers for all here. Please continue praying for my brother, who is frankly terrified of living on his own for essentially the first time in his life. (Our mother was very controlling and kept him on a tight leash.) He also needs to find a new job asap!

[Votive]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Once again for Tim. Have no idea where he is but he's posting crazy shit on FB. If he tries anything stupid, let him be unsuccessful and interrupted. Fast.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

For Kelly's Tim, for comet, for Nicole's brother, for the Telemum, for all living with joblessness (Robert), homelessness, fear and despondency [Votive]

Housemate a little better, thanks for the prayers and PMs

Praying through by name [Votive]

[ 23. October 2012, 09:14: Message edited by: Mary LA ]

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

PerkyEars

slightly distracted
# 9577

- Posted      Profile for PerkyEars   Email PerkyEars   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying though. [Votive]
Posts: 532 | From: Bristol | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] praying for each by name

[Votive] for all who needs are known only to you, loving God

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Struggling. A lot. After having to have one of out cats PTS yesterday. She was 18 years old, but still...

So I have done very little today, and I feel very guilty about it. And the DH is away, so I'm on my own (apart from the other 3 cats...)

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A couple of things: my team leader, D, has told us he feels *much* better and wants to come back to work early next month. Can you please pray that he accepts God's strength rather than burdening himself with the shit he carries around.

Also, we've heard from friends that their pastor is ill. That's a bit remote, but he's in his thirties with a wife and four young children and has a brain aneurysm. NOT FAIR. [Votive]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

This time of year is always difficult for me... and it's worse this year because I'm so tired; I'm tired of crying and I'm tired of being this scared of ordinary people and situations because while I know most people don't in fact want to hurt me I don't know how to identify the ones who do. All the fighting doesn't necessarily seem worth it right now.

[ 23. October 2012, 20:49: Message edited by: saysay ]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

That black dog followed me home. I had a decision to make: to sit down, to stop and let it swamp me, or to do something.

I put on my recording of John Adams Short Ride in a Fast Machine and made Bolognese sauce. I'm please with my decision.

[Dog runs off after stick, pursued by finance-monster, which I imagine as some sort of ersatz Gruffalo]

Praying lots. [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016