homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 79)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Continue to ask for prayer as my mother was checked out at hospital, but they released her last night. She continues to get more confused and weaker mentally and physically. Prayers please!

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all in the path of Frankenstorm. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh heck- things aren't getting better. A few prayers that I won't over-react to all this would be much appreciated. Thank you.

--------------------
Erin - you are missed more than you could know. Rest in peace and rise in glory - to provide unrest in the heavenly realms.

Posts: 1372 | From: Betwixt and between | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] GK

[Votive] All of us

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Niteowl - if she's getting worse, call the hospital.

After 3 days I have to declare prayer list bankruptcy but am praying for all by name. Reset tomorrow.

For R.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all.

[Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mum came out of hospital today, her surgery went well. Please pray for her recovery.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] for all

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Mum Constable, for healing.

For the continued banishment of the Finance monster, and for the general living of my life right.

For the Telemum,

For R.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

Having a marriage here over the next two days [not mine] so prayers for its smooth running, etc. appreciated and then have to go to Sri Lanka in a month which means that, with the cost of the marriage, etc., my upcoming trip to Chennai and Mysore and the cost of the flights and hotels when I am away the finance monster is getting closer!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Motherboard is home from the hospital (Thank You Jesus!), but just starting her recovery.

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying for all in need.

My mother did wind up in the ER again and the doc she saw was not happy with the poor job done in her prior visit. They did a thorough work up this time with multiple tests. She is back home again, still having some issues so I would appreciate continued prayer. I do feel more confident with this last hospital round and I will be with her for her upcoming dr visit. Thanks to all for the prayers, they are much appreciated.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all Shipmates in the US facing the upcoming storm.

[Votive]

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
New Yorker
Shipmate
# 9898

- Posted      Profile for New Yorker   Email New Yorker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The weather people and government are hyping this storm named Sandy in a major way. Personally I'm just worried about power and cable staying on. So I really feel for those who are facing flooding, wind damage, etc.

Prayers. [Votive]

Posts: 3193 | From: New York City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've just had to write the most difficult letter of my life. Please pray for those who receive it [Frown]

Curious

--------------------
Erin - you are missed more than you could know. Rest in peace and rise in glory - to provide unrest in the heavenly realms.

Posts: 1372 | From: Betwixt and between | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Hurricane Sandy to do no harm.

For Curious and the recipients of his letter.

For Ye Olde Motherboarde, for healing.

For Niteowl's mother, for healing.

For the Telemum, and in thanks for successful management of the gout she suffered last year.

For me not to break the chain.

For Welease Woderwick, for a successful wedding, travelling mercies, and banishment of the finance-monster.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

Day One of the marriage stuff went mostly okay, please pray that Day Two is even better.

--------------------

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
For all, and in particular for the millions in the massive path of Sandy

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

The unpredictable wind gusts have started up. I really hope this storm isn't as bad as it could be for people.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by malik3000:

Amen.

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
PaulBC
Shipmate
# 13712

- Posted      Profile for PaulBC         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Grammatica:
quote:
Originally posted by malik3000:

Amen.

--------------------
"He has told you O mortal,what is good;and what does the Lord require of youbut to do justice and to love kindness ,and to walk humbly with your God."Micah 6:8

Posts: 873 | From: Victoria B.C. Canada | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

for those in Sandy's path

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for all of you here struggling,
for everyone in the path of Sandy,
for my daughter, K. please pray for her. It's not just about a trip, it's what running means for her.

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
oh my God, I've just read about the hurricane properly. Praying for you all. Be safe.
Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. [Votive]
For all in the storm's path. [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
New Yorker
Shipmate
# 9898

- Posted      Profile for New Yorker   Email New Yorker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
From Fr Z: Procession for Averting Temptest.
Posts: 3193 | From: New York City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For (it seems) everybody in the North-Eastern United States.

[Votive] For my team leader, D. He's coming back to work tomorrow. He wants to be back, but I'm not sure how good it will be for him. Pray that it isn't too soon.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Joining my prayers for all those in New York and on the East coast. May you and your loved ones all come through this safely.

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers from me too - I've just seen some very worrying footage on the news.

[Votive] for all New Yorkers and East Coast dwellers.

Lord, have mercy.

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all in the path of Sandy [Votive]

On a happier note, our parish is finally being advertised on Llandaff Diocese vacancies website - please pray that the right person will apply and get the post.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Following the news on Sandy regularly and praying for shipmates and all others in its path. Keep having scenes of the Day after Tomorrow in my head so fervently praying for calm seas and quietened winds.

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Watching CNN right now. Sandy is scary in both size and scope for destruction.

[Votive] ongoing

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] All through the night. [Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Day Two of the marriage Welease Woderwick is attending.

For those in the path of Hurricane Sandy, Lord have mercy.

For Taliesin's daughter K.

For Sioni's D, for healing.

For St. Gwladys' diocese.

For the Telemum.

For a private intention.

--------------------

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Had a bit of a scare on Thursday.
Felt a bit faint playing tennis. On Friday the doctor put me on a BP monitor for a day, sent me for a blood test, and I have X-rays, heart echos, and stress tests lined up. He also said that with any more signs I should go straight to A&E.

Others have said that it could have just been dehydration. I hope it turns out that way.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

As per a friend's request, please pray for another friend who is alone in his house during the storm and not coping with it to well.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the living, loving Light - particularly those in the path of frighteningly terrible weather!

[Votive]

...and for Himself and Herself who started their married life together yesterday - and if you had seen how happy they looked together you'd have been happy for them too.

--------------------

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Got cellulitis kicking in in my right leg... and it FUCKING HURTS! Got inadine going on twice daily, so it's probably rhe iodine fighting the bacteria in there.. but I'M PISSED OFF AND I WANT THE PAIN TO STOP! tTaking paracetamol for it - but I've had enough!

Left leg is looking good though... small mercies..

Had 3 months of the pain in my left leg initially...

Prayer would be good...

Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayer is good Alex. [Votive]

A prayer has been answered in some way regarding my team leader D. The doctor told him not to return to work, so he's off for another week. I hope the next week helps him. [Votive]

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
...we've heard from friends that their pastor is ill. That's a bit remote, but he's in his thirties with a wife and four young children and has a brain aneurysm. NOT FAIR. [Votive]

Have just heard that they tried to withdraw the drugs that were keeping him in an induced coma, but he did not improve, and he died earlier today.

[Votive] Please pray for his wife and children, their friends and his flock.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Late in to work - fatality on the railway line.
Late home from work - a second fatality on the railway line.

No idea whether they were accidental or intentional (indeed no details), but may they rest in peace.

Also thinking of their families and friends; and the two train drivers.

[Votive]

ebeth

Shipmate
# 4474

- Posted      Profile for ebeth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
After the MRIs, the doctors have started me on a new plan which includes a new medication which will take some adjustment as the strength is gradually increased. I ask your prayers that this 1. Help and 2. Go as smoothly as possible.
More imaging in months to come, but I think I've found a good team now.

[Votive] for those intentions noted and those kept closer.

--------------------
"To eat bread without hope is still, slowly to starve to death." --Pearl S. Buck

Posts: 1486 | From: Here | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

After a few years of relative calm the family situation here blew up again yesterday to the point where I got involved. Please uphold us, including Himself's mother who is the prime instigator and is a desperately unhappy woman - but I see no justification for her delight in making everyone else unhappy as well. Please also pray that Himself learns, at last, NOT to react to his mother's goading.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016