homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Update - Our niece's father refused to return her to her mother and an emergency court hearing has been scheduled for tomorrow. Please pray that my sister-in-law's ex would turn up so that the hearing can go ahead and that he would be ordered to return their daughter to her. Pray for the child in the middle of this.

For peace, protection, strength and wisdom for all involved. Thank you so much.

[ 23. January 2012, 20:43: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
what a horrible situation. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all involved

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
prayers for all.

No new news on the house sale. Please keep praying.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A friend of my sons committed suicide at the weekend, a young man in his early twenties. Everyone in their group of friends is distraught, as you can imagine. Please pray for peace.

JtW

Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you so much for praying. The court hearing went ahead today as planned and a temporary residence order has been made that our niece should live with her mother. She has now been returned and is back at home with her mum. A further court hearing is expected in May to make a more permanent decision.

I really appreciate people praying with us into this situation. Thank you.

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Thanks that Lucia's niece can remain with her mother, and prayers that the court will make this permanent.

[Votive] For Jonah the Whale's son's friend -- may he find piece, and may all who are distraught at his suicide be comforted and strengthened.

[Votive] I have an MRI scheduled for Thursday (26 Jan.) and it had to be scheduled quickly since my chemo starts next Monday. Given the late date, the only opening for me is out in the boondocks of suburbia. Please pray that i can somehow get a ride from someone willing to devote a big chunk of their day for me. Also prayers that since i am claustrophobic about the MRI that the drug Adevan will relax me enough (or better yet to zonk me out) to overcome my feeling of being buried alive.

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
malik, an MRI is my nightmare too ,for the same reason as you.
Will pray for you. [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Peace, peace, peace for family stuff please God peace. Desperate.

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by malik3000:

[Votive] I have an MRI scheduled for Thursday (26 Jan.) and it had to be scheduled quickly since my chemo starts next Monday. Given the late date, the only opening for me is out in the boondocks of suburbia. Please pray that i can somehow get a ride from someone willing to devote a big chunk of their day for me. Also prayers that since i am claustrophobic about the MRI that the drug Adevan will relax me enough (or better yet to zonk me out) to overcome my feeling of being buried alive.

MRIs sound worse than they are. bring an eye pillow (preferably lavender scented) to wear the whole time. put it on and let it sit, comfortably, long before they roll you in. you'll have no idea about the space. and the space isn't as tiny as it seems anyway. I did a lot of slow careful yoga breathing at the beginning with my first, because I was scared. after about 15 minutes, I was just bored. I composed songs in my head to the beat of the weird clanging. if you focus on the breathing, you can almost fall asleep... [Biased]

many prayers your way.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

Another one here who didn't find an MRI nearly as scary as I feared.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Malik, Ativan is great stuff. Sending prayers your way.

I could use some Ativan myself (looking for my other anxiety medicine). Besides the other stuff that is going on at church (my dying friend and more), I have two anxiety-producing meetings this week - a city board reviewing our redevelopment application, with the other side poised to fight dirty, and the annual meeting.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] {{{Malin and family}}}

Thanks for the prayers in re the MRI, and thanks for the comments which make me feel better. Now i need to find a welder to remove the gold earring in my ear that i've not removed in 5 years, and now it's stuck shut. (This is all developing into a rather interesting adventure in a way)

[ 25. January 2012, 04:12: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The family of Navajo Code Talker Jimmy Begay respectfully requests for your thoughts and prayers. Mr. Begay has sustained head trauma from a fall and is at:

St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
350 West Thomas Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85013

Doctors say the next few days are critical to his recovery.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Malik3000. MRI's aren't fun but, like comet says, they are mostly very boring. I didn't find mine much worse than the London underground (fewer smelly people in an MRI though) or an airliner (ditto).

[Votive] for all praying, posting or not.

[ 25. January 2012, 09:50: Message edited by: Sioni Sais ]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Malik, perhaps you can mentally compose the first chapter of a really dynamite book during your MRI.
Or write a sermon - just don't practice the hand gestures for use during its delivery.
Or remember all of the inticing women in your life who made you wonder if just maybe...
One thing, though, if you are taking medicine to relax you, and you have stairs to climb when you get home, ask whomever is driving you to help you up or down the stairs; you may possibly be wobbly, or even very,very talkative, for a brief time afterwards.
Prayers are with you, in any event.

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
birdsoftheair
Shipmate
# 15219

- Posted      Profile for birdsoftheair     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
just need some [Help] atm.

[Votive] for all

Posts: 1069 | From: under 180 degrees of sky | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Fineline
Shipmate
# 12143

- Posted      Profile for Fineline   Email Fineline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all.

Malik, I had to have an MRI scan a few years ago, and I also am claustrophobic. So I was very scared and burst into tears before I went in. But once I went in, it really wasn't as bad as I imagined. The worst thing is the noise - it's very loud. You can bring along a CD of your favourite music to listen to, to distract you from the noise, but you still hear the noise. But it really wasn't as scary as I imagined - it was really only scary before I went in, because I imagined it would be much worse than it was. Actually, I later volunteered to be a participant in a research study which involved going into an MRI scanner for about an hour, doing various cognitive tests, which I would never have dared do if I hadn't already had an MRI test and known it wasn't so bad. I will be praying for you and I hope it will also be not scary for you.

Posts: 2375 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] For us all as God's children.

Malik - I was dreading my MRI but didn't find it anywhere near as bad as I'd thought... [Smile]

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] Birds of the air
[Votive] for all
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the helpful comments, and they really are helpful. I am blessed in have people i can see face to face supporting me, but knowing that all of you are thinking and praying for me as well just makes it even better.

Also, my co-worker was able to get my earing off! (Hasn't been off in over 5 years)

[ 25. January 2012, 23:27: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

Nenuphar
Shipmate
# 16057

- Posted      Profile for Nenuphar   Email Nenuphar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Malik, I've had 2 MRIs, and as others have said, it's noisy. But at least you are prepared for that. I shut my eyes (can't see the size of the tube then) and concentrated on prayer. The second time, I was mostly in when I suddenly remembered I still had my (metal) upper dental plate in situ. Magnets! Would it fly out - and where to? How? I frantically pressed the alarm button they give you to hold, (and straightway started to come out) only to be told a bit techily, "there's no need to press it more than once!" As it turned out, the plate didn't matter and no, it didn't budge. So think of me and try to smile! Many prayers rising for your peace of mind and a good outcome, too. God bless.
Posts: 161 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jahlove:
[Votive] All of us

[Votive] feeling somewhat stressy atm - work-related mainly, I think - ran a red light without noticing this morning which is just so unlike me (luckily no-one coming the other way & cops all busy making the St Austell Bust of the Century at the other end of town (teenage shoplifter in the Co-op)). See, yam, even careful, experienced drivers lose it sometimes!

I ran a red light a couple of days ago downtown because it was only at a pedestrian crossing in the middle of the block after working hours instead of an actual street and there were no people waiting to cross. I also got no ticket.

Praying for all who post on this board. Life is reasonably good for us, though we have not heard from nor seen our daughter since Christmas day...

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] for all and for all who can't express their needs

[Votive] for 2 of my co-workers whose lives are being steadily harassed by our branch manager and 2 ass't managers although they are both longtime good employees. I'm being harassed to a lesser extent (which doesn't help the calming spirit i need for healing but i'm at a slightly higher level, i've seen it all before and consider the source and it fazes me less, plus i'm ready to move on anyway and not because of my medical situation) Also prayers for those doing the harassment that God will touch their hearts and consciences.

PS - re MRI, just curious, how noisy is it and what kind of noise?

[ 26. January 2012, 11:17: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I brought a set of ear plugs to my last MRI and it helped considerably. I'd highly recommend taking a pair with you.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Feeling battered at the moment. Family problems, nasty stuff from an old job, uncertainty with present job, not enough money - same old, same old. Tired, and want everything to stop.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So many trials that God tests us with! May he give us all the fortitude to do his will.

My friend R. is doing a little better. His partner, who had been away on business for a very long time, has finally been able to come home for a short break, and so R. was able to get out once again to stock up on groceries.

His court date is coming up soon. He was advised by attorneys to write to the judge stating his case for why he believes his driver's license was erroneously revoked. He got the letter off yesterday. Please pray that the judge will agree that his license should be restored.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I posted this on the Thanks & Praise thread, but wanted to share it here too.
I am happy to be able to post an update from my friend Richard, who was arrested in Zambia, charged with stealing his own property:

today I received my discharge from the High Court as the Drug Enforcement Agency withdrew the case. Hardly a surprise as they admitted to me several times they had no evidence. That also triggered the release of my vehicles, computers etc.
He added
So just over 9 months of this nightmare have come to an end. Police cells, prison, court appearances, threats of deportation, death threats, loss of personal possessions, three robberies etc etc. but what I'll remember is the extraordinary friendship and kindness I've received from ordinary Zambians. i'll never forget what my Zambian friends did for me. I would often get stopped in Mchini compound, or in town, by people I didn't know, and they would tell me how they were praying for me. Fantastic (although I began to wonder if the prayers were the CAUSE of the problems, being an atheist!)

However, he did have this to add
But I will never forgive the people who did this to me, because it was driven by personal greed, by people who were already earning good salaries. The fact that they are all members of a small charismatic church run by a lying despot, merely aggravates the issue

So maybe I can ask for additional prayers that his view of Christianity which has been somewhat blackened by this experience might be softened...

But in general, thank God that (finally) this whole terrible unjust mess has been resolved.

[ 26. January 2012, 14:02: Message edited by: Dormouse ]

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Please pray for me, and my (currently seeming impossible/unbearable) situation, and for those whose lies and abuse of power are tormenting me.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
please include me in your prayers. I'm under a lot of stress (snuck up on me) and feel my old anxiety threatening. I'm trying to maintain, but prayers would help.

quote:
Originally posted by malik3000:
PS - re MRI, just curious, how noisy is it and what kind of noise?

my sister once described an MRI as being rolled into a culvert while people beat on it with sticks. it's a good description. there's a lot of banging. the noise isn't unbearable, just annoying.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] praying through for all of us.

[Votive] For Isaac and Monty, two loving little souls, that they may find a good home (elderly neighbour's cats who have been taken away by the Cats' Protection League today as, even with my help, she feels unable to cope with them [Frown] )

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bra underwiring (something else you might need to bear in mind to remove before the MRI) and hairclips, also watches. Hope it all goes well.

[Votive] for all

Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Much prayer for all

Malik, having had quite a few MRIs, the noise is very variable. They normally start with a few hugely noisy thuds in sequence, then faster hammering noises a few time in sequence, then it moves round a bit and does the same two things again somewhere else...and so on...and then builds up to one huge long noisy bit...and a couple of other finishing off sequences, so the noise comes from different bits of the magnets as they move round inside the machinery and in different patterns. Takes about 20 mins to do a decent one for me. I've had some where I lay on my back, and the ones for breast cancer you lay on your front, so it depends which bit they want a look at and from what angle. Apparently some centres have new improved spacious MRI machines so there just might be one of those somewhere near you if you really don't get on with it. Prayers aplenty...

Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading and praying [Votive]

Dear God, you know all the needs. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jigsaw
Shipmate
# 11433

- Posted      Profile for Jigsaw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another MRI veteran here praying for Malik. I found it helpful to think of it as "banging" rather than noise - seemed less overwhelming somehow.
And [Votive] for all who are finding things hard at the moment, and for those who are praying on their behalf.

--------------------
You are not alone in this.

Posts: 743 | From: Snorbens, UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all.

[Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying through

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

When HWMBO had a scan [possibly a CAT] he had a completely silent machine - I think I'd find that unnerving!

--------------------

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I should find the Thanks and Praise thread soon. The result of the meeting was good, despite the best efforts of the other side to pull out the emotional stops.

Still requesting prayer for Polly.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for a difficult situation at a place I love.
Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Churchy LaFemme
Shipmate
# 11884

- Posted      Profile for Churchy LaFemme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Again for me please. This would be a wonderful opportunity for spiritual growth if I could only get off the couch and out of my pajamas.

--------------------
Bear and forbear (for a total of five bears).

Posts: 147 | From: Facing the sun | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my parish. There is a stressful situation about to break loose, just in time for our Annual Meeting this weekend. I'm worried that things may be very tense and possibly hurtful.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Yam-pk
Shipmate
# 12791

- Posted      Profile for Yam-pk   Email Yam-pk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Friend 'F' who suffered a stroke, is back at home now and expected to make a full recovery. Thanks for your prayers.

Posts: 472 | From: The Grim North | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A certain pattern of bullying has started to reassert itself at work (if that's vague enough to be posted here!), and a coworker and I are slated to get our heads ripped off on Monday. I'm not particularly upset (considering the source) but my coworker is. He is a very nervous sort of guy and the bully seems to me to be deliberately torturing him. Would you pray for my coworker? Can't even give an initial...

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016