homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 82)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just heard that my Dad died this afternoon. We had a difficult relationship.
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] so sorry St Everild - you're having such a rotten year.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For upholding and new employment for Mr Lamb.

For the Finance Monster to throw a stick in the opposite direction of Welease Woderwick and the rest of us, and get distracted in its pursuit, accompanied by the Black Dog.

For good sleep and calm nerves for Jade Constable. For her finances to get sorted out without delay. For wisdom in matters of dating, and DDO meetings.

For St Everild.

For the Telemum.

For me not to break the chain.

For R.

For another R.

T. got the job and wishes to pass on his thanks for the prayers.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nenuphar
Shipmate
# 16057

- Posted      Profile for Nenuphar   Email Nenuphar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So sorry, St Everid, May your father rest in peace and rise in glory, and the peace and comfort of Our Lord encompass you and your family. [Votive]
Posts: 161 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] St. Everid.

And please keep in your thoughts my niece. I just learned that, for the past month, she has been dealing with a mysterious ailment (pain and nausea striking around 3:00-4:00 am). No diagnosis yet. Test so far have only eliminated possibilities.

And please keep her parents in your prayers as well.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

(((St Everild))) - grief after a difficult relationship can be so much more complicated!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My head is spinning. Mr Lamb is half-un-fired--meaning the agency director is Shocked and Appalled and Looking into It, though I don't realistically expect them to retract the firing. But they may soften it to "laid off" or something a wee bit more attractive to future employers. Thank you for praying!

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading through and praying by name [Votive]

(St Everild) [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
ExclamationMark
Shipmate
# 14715

- Posted      Profile for ExclamationMark   Email ExclamationMark   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Daughter C. 30 y/o with 2 children needing investigations with blood results of 8 (iron level) - should be 50.
Posts: 3845 | From: A new Jerusalem | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Decision making time.
How much do I want to leave my current job and return to teaching?
There are so many "ifs" and uncertainties about both - I don't want to play safe and regret it, I don't want to jump from the frying pan to the fire. I have my boy to consider, too, at a tricky stage of his life.
I was definitely taken to my current job by God - does he want me to persevere there or does he have plans for me elsewhere?
I would appreciate your prayers - I want this decision making time to be in God's hands as He knows so much better than I do. And my eternal prayer for wisdom wouldn't go amiss in this situation, too.
Thanks

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I need your prayers please
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am praying for you all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all who have asked for prayer [Votive]
And those who cannot [Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you so much for all your prayers for J. The results of his brain scan are good: the tumour has shrunk, and they don't want to see him again until February. I'm not sure what this means long-term, but for the moment he is doing well and, praise God, can think in terms of 'future' again.

Please pray for his continued recovery, and that the thing stays small and doesn't even think about growing back. And all praise and thanks to God for his mercies. xx

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all [Votive]
List tomorrow

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all, especially for you Smudgie. Is there someone in your church structure with whom you can discreetly and confidentially discuss your worries?

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Bishop Justin Welby, as he prepares for his new role and responsibilities as Archbishop of Canterbury, and for his family.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for discernment and guidance for Smudgie [Votive]

For Bishop Welby [Votive]

Reading back through and praying for all by name [Votive]

(Adrienne)

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

Tea gnome
Shipmate
# 9424

- Posted      Profile for Tea gnome     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Floating Fund!

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and through and praying individually.
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For each by name and need

[Votive] For all whose needs are known only to you O Lord

[Votive] [Axe murder] In thanksgiving for good results from my latest scans. Down from 3 spots of melanoma to one, and that spot is only half the size it was previously. Assuming i go on the clinical trial being talked about, that may knock everything out!

[Votive] For healing of a minor ear infection -- there is no pain or dizziness or tinnitis, but my ear feels clogged up and there is a low level hissing white noise which has not bothered me to any significant degree -- certainly nothing aggravating like the constant ringing of tinnitis would be, praise the Lord! -- but it is quietly there letting my know of the infection's presence. May the antibiotics do their job. (Also i don't think i can embark on the clinical trial until it clears up.)

[ 09. November 2012, 18:11: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Someone I am close to was today diagnosed with cancer. Surgery is likely to follow within 2 weeks. I'm very scared of losing them. Pray for her. And for us.
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all people with dementia, for their carers, and for their families. Lord, provide strength, peace, and hope. Amen.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For St Everild.

For healing for Hedgehog's niece.

For Mr Lamb's employment.

For ExclamationMark's daughter, for healing.

For wisdom for Smudgie.

For Adrienne.

For continued healing for Cottontail's J.

For Bishop Justin Welby and his family.

For malik3000! Melanoma be gone!!! For healing of the ear infection. (Also, keep background noise about you at all times, like a white noise machine, so that the ringing in your ears doesn't get a chance to bind to your attentional system.)

For healing for Jenn's associate.

For the Telemum, who had a difficult and very stressful week. It is a lot to cope with at her age.

For me to excel at my work and keep the finance-monster at bay. Also, for two private intentions.

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[clears throat] We have heard quite unofficially and unconfirmed by any letter or firsthand contact) that Mr. Lamb is in the process of being un-fired (de-fired? removed from the sack?). Best to draw a veil across the idiocy that led to this. However, once we get official confirmation of his defiration, we plan to ask whether he may stay "fired" just a little longer--long enough to take his licensing exam without the hellacious pressure his supervisor was putting on him to do it just before Christmas--the man's a pastor after all. I'm expecting a few people to gobble entertainingly when we inform them that we want the firing to continue just a bit longer...

Seriously, thank you so much for the prayer.

--------------------

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

Life is rapidly developing into chaos [or possibly farce] here and I will probably have to go to UK in a week or so - in November! - for probably a three week stay.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For assorted friends, going through life changes.

For me: usual health and general upholding, plus some urgent private intentions.

Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My brother is still out of power from Hurricane Sandy, and being in the dark and cold is doing bad things to his mental condition. Please pray that he gets restored soon. Also that he find a new job _soon_.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
PerkyEars

slightly distracted
# 9577

- Posted      Profile for PerkyEars   Email PerkyEars   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 532 | From: Bristol | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers appreciated tomorrow afternoon - I am leading, and preaching, at our 4.30 informal service.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayer for all posting here.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all here.

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Mr Lamb's continued... Um, postponed... Um... Thingy... To continue to work in mysterious ways.

For Welease Woderwick.

For Golden Key's friends, health, and general upholding.

For St Gwladys's service tomorrow.

For the Telemum, greatly stressed.

For me to get over a thing.

For two private intentions.

For R.

For banishment of the Finance Monster.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Messed up today and damaged something in an embarrassing way that will cost me money I don't really have. I keep trying to do too many things at once, don't get enough sleep, can't focus or pay proper attention, and this is the result. Pray I can be less dysfunctional and scattered. Also: glad I didn't hurt myself or anyone else; what I did could have had much more serious consequences.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

[Votive]

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I ask your prayers for the three Indiana college students, from my son's alma mater, who were struck by a train on Friday night. One of the students was killed outright and two were airlifted to a hospital.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Lord, sometimes it seems that you throw some mean curve balls at us. You test us to see if we can live without the comforts we have created for ourselves. You snatch us away suddenly and violently from this life and lead us just as suddenly into the next. You see if we can persevere when people play games with our well being and our livelihood. You let us involve ourselves in more things than we can handle with any degree of sanity, and then let us chide ourselves over the consequences. Through it all, Lord, let us know that your hand is there to guide us, even when it seems to us in our blindness that it might not be. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

[ 11. November 2012, 04:52: Message edited by: Amanda B. Reckondwythe ]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen to that [Votive]

Thanking God for you all and praying [Votive]

Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

What Amanda said [Votive]

Reading through and praying by name [Votive]

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
difficult family nonsenses.....that they could be seen in the light of eternity

[ 11. November 2012, 17:43: Message edited by: Ethne Alba ]

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016