homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 88)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. May we all know God's love and strength. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all, especially J, E and B; and for Lothlorien.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for a private intention. Ask that I remain calm and rational.

Prayers for all here [Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

- Posted      Profile for Boadicea Trott   Email Boadicea Trott   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all the requests and intentions posted today [Votive]
Especially for Baby B & family: Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayer!

--------------------
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

Posts: 563 | From: Roaming the World in my imagination..... | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the light [Votive]

For calmness and rationality where they're needed. [Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Baby B and family.

For Rossweisse.

For Lothlorien.

For PeteC's private intention, calm, and rationality.

For successful demonstration to client soon…

For the Telemum.

For R.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Inanna

Ship's redhead
# 538

- Posted      Profile for Inanna   Email Inanna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know it's been a while since I was around here, but I would really appreciate prayers for my brother-in-law and his wife and their three children... he has struggled with addiction for a long time, and it now looks as if they are headed for divorce. We're trying to set up an intervention and treatment for him, but it might be too late for the marriage.

[Votive] for all those intentions posted here and held in our hearts.

--------------------
All shall be well
And all shall be well
And all manner of things shall be well.

Posts: 1495 | From: Royal Oak, MI | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. [Votive]

(and nice to see you, Inanna!)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just heard yesterday that an old friend, C, has been taken to hospital with a stomach ulcer. She has a teenage daughter and elderly dependant mum living in the same house and has been suffering from panic attacks for a while now. I would appreciate your prayers, please.

I also have a difficult conversation ahead with a member of my staff about their performance.

lifting up everyone here in prayer. May the Lord help and guide us all. [Votive]

[ 30. November 2012, 06:01: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I expected that a health concern for a family member would be resolved today, but more tests are needed.
For healing and peace of mind. [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all...whatever and wherever.
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding everyone in prayer

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Inanna, Starbug, Tree Bee.

And Baby B.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
for Baby B and for his family, please God

for Ross -- may this new cancer, having been found earlier, be knocked as soon as possible with as little discomfort as may be possible

for Telepath and for all who face work challenges

for those in uncertain work conditions and/or desperate financial condtions

for those anxiously awaiting test results and for all who need healing

for a neighbour/friend with a good heart who is drug dependant and who lives in a condemned partially burnt-out building and who comes by my door most days asking for spare change. I wish i could help him move toward a more positive attitude about himself. (He is a quite talented guitarist but is too chemically dependent to be able to be a success with it or so it appears to me.) I ask prayers for him and for all who've fallen through the cracks in life's floor.

my social security check came [Smile] whew! thank you God

i just got a big medical bill - much larger than any previous -- i hope this can be straightened out -- i hope this isn't going to be happening more because i am going to have more expensive drugs with big co-pays. That my current trial drug i've taken will be a success. And thanks for continuing to feel in perfectly good health

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying through, for all, by name.

[Votive] Malik

Please remember my friend Chris; she's dealing courageously with pancreatic cancer.

(Good to see you, Inanna!)

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through the thread, for each, by name.

Prayers of thanksgiving for Telepath's prayer ministry here.

For baby B and family. [Votive]

For Uncle Pete [Votive]

For Ross [Votive]

And thanksgiving for seeing me through this last month's medical adventures. Kidney stones in transplanted kidneys are no fun. I have long ago lost count, but my best guess is that this is my 30th surgery (life-time count: I lost track after #17)

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all...

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Pete C.

For Inanna.

For Rossweisse.

For Rossweisse's friend.

For malik3000's neighbour.

For malik3000's healing and finances.

For Campbellite, for healing.

For Baby B.

For my heart's desire.

--------------------

Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for the life and teaching of a mentor and Aikido instructor. Kevin Choate, rest in peace and even rise in glory. A strange attachment to trees, indeed. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

[ 01. December 2012, 22:13: Message edited by: Bullfrog. ]

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading through; praying by name.
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for your many prayers for Baby B. I am sorry to report that he has died. The medical staff said it was something similar to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. I ask that you might pray for J and E, the parents. The baby's mother E, who is a physician, performed CPR on her baby for 40 minutes while they rushed him to the Emergency Room. I just can't imagine what this young couple has gone through.

[Votive] For this community.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers indeed for Baby B, J and E.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who are in your hearts this morning.

Please remember me in your prayers - off to Church of England selection conference this morning (2nd time) that God's will be discerned in all of us there. thank you.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Going back to church this morning and feeling somewhat anxious. I'd rather stay home and hide.

Please pray that I don't isolate myself further. I need people. [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Would you mind praying for my church, in the last weej the following has occurred:
  • One member has died M-J
  • one member is in hospital being treated for cancer of the throat J
  • One member is in hospital after having a deep vein thrombosis M
  • one member has gone up to Scotland as his mother is fading fast. This has added complexities S.

We are also loosing our minister, lost at least another two members recently and generally feeling very short staffed.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for J&E [Votive]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all.

Please pray for my father, whose physical mobility has been very challenged for some time now. He is in pain and very depressed. He is coming near the end of his life and he is burdened.

Please pray for the faculty in the Florida state colleges. We also are experiencing serious challenges.

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

For peace and serenity for a day that might be nothing or everything. Please.

[Votive] for everyone else here.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Bullfrog and all affected by the loss of Kevin Choate.

For Grammatica.

For harmony hope and the conference.

For Jengie Jon's church, for healing, comfort, and renewal.

For Mad Cat, for strength.

For Baby B's family, Lord have mercy.

For Niteowl.

For PeteC.

For R.

For me to start being a day ahead with a dollar to spare, starting, um, yesterday.

For my heart's desire.

--------------------

Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for praying for our travels. Despite the large inland lake north of Darlington and the broken rail south of York, I made both meetings by a whisker.

Returning the next day was almost as fun, but no sooner had we got home I appeared to give myself permission to succumb to the norovirus I'd been fighting off for the better part of a week.

So while I feel like crap (but recovering slowly), the Tor household is in chaos, because I do pretty much all the domestic/child transportation duties. Mrs Tor has ably stepped into the breach (cooking makes me want to [Projectile] ) but it's exposed just how dependent we are as a family on me being fit and healthy.

Also my internal clock seems to have reset itself after two nights of vomiting, which is why I'm typing this at 3am. [Frown]

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today my brother and I sign for power of attorney over Mum and Dad.

Mum has Alzheimer's. Dad, who never had to cook or clean in his life is now a full time carer. The pressure is getting to him. There are times when he's finding it hard to cope, but he's too stubborn to get help.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

For everyone listed in this thread. [Votive]

Especially for all parents and children, at this time of year when families are so important. God, be in all those relationships, which can often be so tricky. And please hold the parents of Baby B in Your loving arms.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

Praying for all...
For DocTor and Mrs DocTor and the Torlets, that they don't succumb to the vomiting virus...
For Baalam
For Telepath...FinanceMonster go away and leave him/her with dollars in pocket
And for all who are worried, weeping of wakeful today.

Lord, surround us with you love and your protection.

[Votive]

Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No details, but there's a bit of a muddle going on in my head, and I could do with some prayers. Thank you.

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
((Cottontail))
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

I quite often get myself in a stew in December.
This year is the worst ever due to work and health concerns.
A few prayers would be appreciated.

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm due to have a difficult meeting with my boss tomorrow about the impossible deadlines. Please pray that I represent my team well and for a good outcome for everyone involved.

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good news - today I heard I have my first appointment with a specialist, and it's on Wednesday. After almost two months of hearing nothing this is a great relief, and I really hope he will be able to help me.

Bad news - I'm beginning to explore some sort of ordained ministry again. There is a friend whose support I was counting on; I heard from him today and it sounds as though not only is he not going to help me, but that he has bought into the misinformation that is dogging my heels. Once again, I really don't know where I go from here.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016