homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Melangell
Shipmate
# 4023

- Posted      Profile for Melangell   Email Melangell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for Smudgie as she prepares for her Accreditation Service; and for safe travel for all those attending it.

--------------------
Gwnewch y pethau bychein (Dewi Sant)
Do the little things (Saint David)

Posts: 367 | From: A bit of Wales in Surrey | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Melangell:
Prayers for Smudgie as she prepares for her Accreditation Service; and for safe travel for all those attending it.

Amen.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Prayers for each by name

[Votive] ((Prayers for Lamb Chopped and especially for co-worker - a horrid and sadly familiar scenario))

Comet's and Amber's description of the MRI noise was pretty close. It was hardly worse than the New York subway. Plus that adevan semi-zonked me out. [Smile] Whoopee.

[Yipee] And here's where the thanks and praise come in -- the MRI confirmed that my brain had no sign of anything of concern! (That was a slightly nagging worry.)

I start 1st of 4 chemo sessions (Yervoy) on Tuesday. Usually it has no side effects. And my big prayer of course is that it does what it was designed to do. [Votive]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glad to hear it went OK Malik! I hadn't posted because I thought the MRI was one of the worst things that's ever happened to me, and didn't want to put you off!

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good news Malik!

Prayers for all.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Morlader
Shipmate
# 16040

- Posted      Profile for Morlader         Edit/delete post 
For all [Votive]

For LT, please, young wife of an ex-colleague, R, having surgery Monday morning. They have two sons, and R is worried stiff about them and possible futures, although seemingly his cheerful self. [Votive]

For me, please. I have 3 month meeting with consultant on Monday. I don't think it will be 3 months before he wants to see me again [Frown] . [Votive]

--------------------
.. to utmost west.

Posts: 858 | From: Not England | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all.

[Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Continuing to pray for all though I am not very good at saying so.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for your prayers. Was at the funeral today of my sons' friend. Strange mixture of grief and thanksgiving.

I have been at funerals of Christians before, where they have had a (relatively) long life and served the Lord. The service was kind of sad for the family, yet rejoicing that the beloved was now in the arms of Jesus.

This young man jumped off a tower block. He knew Jesus. He had suffered depression. He overcame it. He suffered it again, and this time it got the better of him.

I also had to be linesman at my youngest son's football match this afternoon. And this evening I went to a wedding. Everything feels a bit unreal.

JtW.

Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
fluff
Shipmate
# 12871

- Posted      Profile for fluff   Email fluff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for the family of the young man who jumped off the roof.

Praying for those plagued with suicidal thoughts and those going through a dark time at the moment.

Faith hope and love.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 109 | From: South England | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
Please pray for my parish. There is a stressful situation about to break loose, just in time for our Annual Meeting this weekend. I'm worried that things may be very tense and possibly hurtful.

Special prayers for you!

I'm probably going to bag on ours because a harassment incident after the Thursday meeting has made me feel unsafe with someone in particular in the room. I usually have the quiet sort of freakout, but definitely tense that there may be a first for the screaming and crying kind. [Frown]

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by malik3000:

Comet's and Amber's description of the MRI noise was pretty close. It was hardly worse than the New York subway. Plus that adevan semi-zonked me out. [Smile] Whoopee.

yay! and lots of positive juices your way for successful treatment.

please pray for an important private intention for me. thank you.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amazing Grace:
quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
Please pray for my parish. There is a stressful situation about to break loose, just in time for our Annual Meeting this weekend. I'm worried that things may be very tense and possibly hurtful.

Special prayers for you!

I'm probably going to bag on ours because a harassment incident after the Thursday meeting has made me feel unsafe with someone in particular in the room....

That's just not right. I hope there is some recourse or satisfaction for you.

Meanwhile, at our shack, the proverbial doo-doo has really hit the ventilator, so I'm really concerned about the parish meeting. We are in an interregnum and the low-level irritation that folks have had for the interim rector has a good chance of boiling over. So if you can spare a prayer for us, that would be much appreciated.

[Votive] for Amazing Grace, malik, and all who have posted here

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Masha
Shipmate
# 10098

- Posted      Profile for Masha   Email Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
J and his mum, who may be nearing the end.

[Votive]

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I heard, as I was leaving the church today, that our Polly had died in the night. This was news to me, as I had actually attended the 8 am service. I'll be able to confirm when I go back after the annual meeting (the short vestry meeting that is post the AM is a trigger-free zone).

Holding the shipmates in prayer. That has helped me get back on track during this PTSD episode.

--------------------
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For anyone struggling with illness.

For people struggling with visual problems.

For people in distress through the actions of others.

For the lonely and the lost, the excluded and those who are afraid to sleep this night.

May God hold you all safe and give you comfort and healing, and see you through into the daylight.

[Votive]

Greenend
Apprentice
# 15674

- Posted      Profile for Greenend   Email Greenend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for those suffering the problems that come with old age.

--------------------
"As long as my legs can take me, I will participate in anti-war activity." Hetty Bower, aged 106

Posts: 11 | From: UK | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

Confirmed: Polly died this morning. I was a couple of minutes late for the 8 am and missed the announcement.

After I posted that, I went into my sunny kitchen (it's a beautiful day here) and "saw" her smiling and kicking up her heels (she did English country dancing). "I'm free!"

Of your mercy, please pray for her soul, and the comfort of her family and friends.

--------------------

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glad to hear of your good news, malikk3000.
As a volunteer driver, I usually found people going for an MRI to be in a much better frame of mind coming home than they were going in, even though at that point, they were still awaiting results.
Some were quite shaky on their feet from medication, though.
Anyhow, good to hear that it went well.

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sharing in the prayers of all here. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Friends of ours from way back rang last night to say that at 14:30 on Tuesday they will be at the hospital getting results of a biopsy taken ofter an abnormal mammogram, plus an ultrasound scan. The doctors know it is small, so we are praying that it's benign and if not that, then treatable. She is H, her husband is J and their adult children M & C. Naturally they are scared, we are worried but always hopeful.

[Votive]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Off in a sec to work, to have my head ripped off in company with my hapless coworker. Pray for us? Knowing the ripper in question, it will likely happen either around eight or nineish CST, or some time in the afternoon, when we've had plenty of time for Doomful Foreboding™. Would you ask the Lord to keep a close watch on what comes out of our mouhs, as that tends to get us in more trouble? Thanks.

[ 30. January 2012, 11:54: Message edited by: Lamb Chopped ]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
LC & colleague [Votive]

Please pray for F who has a difficult and distressing 3 weeks ahead of her [Votive] [Frown]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not nearly as dire as many health concerns here, but may I ask your prayers for healing for my foot? I suffered a herniated disk (well, 2 at the same time, actually) in September, which resulted in excruciating pain due to pressure on the sciatic nerve. It is feeling much better, thank God, but there has been some nerve damage resulting in a drop foot, which means I can't lift my right foot all the way.

It makes walking rather awkward and tiring. The neurosurgeon says it is likely that it will not heal all the way, but is having me get an epidural steroid injection on Friday in order to reduce any inflammation that may be getting in the way of whatever healing may be possible.

I am terrified of having a big horrible shot in my back. They use local anesthesia but many people find it quite painful anyway. I'm such a baby about shots or needles at the best of times.

So please pray for strength for me and healing for my foot. It's not going to kill me if it doesn't heal, but I will certainly be most relieved and grateful if it does heal. Thanks.

[Votive] And prayers for all

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Praying for each person and petition by name.

And continued thanks for your prayers -- i am so fortunate to have them.

[ 30. January 2012, 18:53: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

Lots of sympathetic prayers for snowgoose. [Votive]

I had two series of three of those injections. If your doctor is good, s/he and the assistants will talk about all kinds of non-medical related things, which will help you to keep your mind off of what they are doing. And more prayers for the injection to do what it's supposed to do! [Votive] [Smile]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Lord in your mercy hear our prayers.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Head still attached--I fear that the person in question is drawing things out to create the maximum suspense. It would be in character. We'll see if my coworker and I can join the Headless Hunt tomorrow!

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

Praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for everyone. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in prayer.

[Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] Prayers continue for each and everyone

[Votive] I'm about to leave the house for my first infusion of Yervoy and am feeling full of hope.

[Votive] I'd also like a little prayer for my job situation which yesterday turned suddenly openly uglier. I need to be out of there as instantaneously as possible for the sake of my health, as my vindictive manager has openly made false accusations about me and threatens to interpret any minor little shortcoming on my part as writing me up for "insubordination". I'm not being paranoid about this. It is well known what sort of manager he is and i am just his latest victim. May God somehow break through and touch his heart and protect his victims.

--------------------
God = love.

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm OK. Thanks be to God and all you pray-ers. [Overused]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Much prayer all round

[Votive]

Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Two years after getting the all-clear from breast cancer, a friend's daughter has been told she may have bone cancer. Please remember her in prayer, and also her mother who is one of my dearest friends.

[Votive] And for anyone else battling with cancer.

[ 31. January 2012, 18:43: Message edited by: Ariel ]

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For C and K, struggling with their relationship.

[Votive] For S, in hospital.

[Votive] For those seeking employment.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Options and possibilities.....and doing nothing, isn't one of them....hummmm
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Have been feeling over-worked, under-valued and rather sorry for myself this evening.

Would appreciate general upholding

(... but also the specifics of a good night's sleep tonight, resolution of a particular work problem without it taking too great a toll on my mental health, and general avoidance of cracking up).

Agh.

Thank you.

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016