homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 93)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  90  91  92  93  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Viola
Administrator
# 20

- Posted      Profile for Viola   Email Viola   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Two scary things are happening in or around my world tomorrow - Aged mother is having a somewhat risky operation (would be routine in someone younger and for whom the local hospital hadn't F'd up diagnosis & treatment over the last 3 years) but she'll be onto a high dependency unit assuming they don't postpone again.

And the other thing - which is scaring me more - I can't give details on a public thingummy, but truth & justice would be gratifying outcomes.

--------------------
"If ye love me, keep my commandments" John 14:15

"Commandment number one: shut the hell up." Erin Etheredge 1971-2010

Posts: 4345 | From: West of England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers lifted for all. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Viola [Votive]

For all those traumatised by Newtown [Votive]

For all those struggling with faith and disbelief at this time of year [Votive]

For all those in poor health [Votive]

For all of us who have lost loved ones at this time of year [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For S. Prayers for strength and protection.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. Breath of Heaven, hold us together. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for those impossible situations and people we know of who are heartbroken
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Viola
[Votive] for the people of Newtown

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Many thanks for prayer. Nothing concrete emerged (and I'm not ready for anything concrete yet) but I saw two senior people in the Church. Both were very positive about me, and my sense of calling, and both were very happy with my sexuality. It is the first time anyone in the hierarchy (in the broadest sense) has given me any support, and that feels very good.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

- Posted      Profile for Viola   Email Viola   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cautious optimism on both my things. Mother didn't have her op and still has to decide whether it's a good thing or not, based on a complicated balance of statistics, risks and scan results. (What happened to the days when people with medical training just told you what was best??)

And the other thing - well it looks as though the wheels of justice are creaking into action, even if truth remains somewhat elusive.

--------------------
"If ye love me, keep my commandments" John 14:15

"Commandment number one: shut the hell up." Erin Etheredge 1971-2010

Posts: 4345 | From: West of England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please, among all the other more pressing things that are happening to more people than I care to think, can you spare a prayer for my very best friend, supporter and motivator of nearly 30 years. He was due to retire on Friday. He's been retired already, with a heart attack today and waiting for a transfer to the local Heart Insitute. ( He's probably also going nuts laying about in bed [Tear] )

Steve (aka: Scouter Steve, and my Scouting partner since 1993) [Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying. [Votive]

Please could you pray for N, who I've been supporting as his shop steward? N was disabled when he was taken on 10+years ago - even so, management have now accused him of incompetence because they want to get rid. Cut a very long story short, it has now been rumbling on for two years, N is under increasing amounts of stress and is getting depressed and starting to be curt with colleagues, which can only lead to more management action. The appropriate reasonable adjustments are NOT being made for his disability.

Lord, have mercy.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the repose of the soul of L.

[Votive] For those at my main workplace who are struggling in an increasingly difficult sector in which to work.

[Votive] For those who do not understand I cannot do things the way my predecessor did.

[Votive] For N.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please can I ask for prayer - really struggling with the after-effects of my recent operation - I need to be able to sleep, feeling very [Waterworks]
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please can I ask for prayer four dear friends T & L, who are away from home to attend the funeral of a beloved friend (J) from the same group as Mr. S and me? They heard on the day of J's funeral that T's ex-MiL V (his first wife died of cancer and he kept right on looking after V, in her care home) had died. She was 92 and developing Alzheimer's so in one way good that she didn't suffer more - but T & L now have another funeral to organise, dispersed and travelling family etc etc. Lord have mercy [Votive]

And for S, J's widower, and his sons, who of course are devastated [Votive]

Mrs. S, blessed to be still alive this day

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Could I ask for prayer for our family again?

My brother is recovering well from his operation but one of the known risks actually occured and he now has a catheter accidentally glued into his circulatory system. We are assured that it won't cause him any problems, but finding peace of mind over it is a challenge at the moment.

I am still struggling to get completely well after eleven weeks of respiratory infections and have just been signed off until 27th December.

My (much beloved) cousin has been diagnosed with an aggressive and inoperable brain tumour.

My cat Charlie collapsed in the night and is off to the vet this morning, looking bright and affectionate but not wanting food or to be moved.

A large amount of money which was due to go into my bank account at various stages over the last two months has failed to appear, despite promises. This is a time of year when I can ill afford to be without it.

Things at work are not good and after quite a kick in the teeth yesterday I think it is time to move on. I'm getting interviews, for which I am really pleased, and the feedback is good, which has given my confidence a much needed boost. I have another interview tomorrow.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To amend my previous post - Charlie Cat is very poorly.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Smudgie [Votive]
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Smudgie, you know you have my prayers always. May all work out.

[Tear] and [Votive] If I won the lottery, you would be my first gift. But you know that, don't you?

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry to hear you're having a tough time of it Smudgie - prayers that things will improve on all fronts. [Votive]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
If I won the lottery, you would be my first gift. But you know that, don't you?

Who are you going to give her to? [Biased]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through for all.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

For Robert: There will still be potholes and bumps, but the road ahead will be brighter and better and easier to travel. [Votive]

Please pray for people in the UK who are fearful and anxious about facing the future without the Independent Living Fund.

I have a little something to write: Get-well wishes to the rock on which our little local community is founded. coming officially from City Hall. Please pray that this clay pot manages to express the sincere feelings of all our hearts as well as it is able to.

[ 19. December 2012, 15:44: Message edited by: Grammatica ]

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks be to God for keeping my daughter safe yesterday.
She was on a coach on her way back to London after visiting a friend in Norwich. The coach driver dozed off and the coach swung across the motorway and ended up at a 45 degree angle on an embankement. Thank God no one hurt, just very shaken up, it could have been a very different story.
[Votive] for the coach driver who must be in fear of losing his job.

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all - specially Smudgie, too many things at once I think.

Can I ask for prayers for my friend C, facing problems with his jobseekers allowence which basically means he has no money at present.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Anna B
Shipmate
# 1439

- Posted      Profile for Anna B     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
asking [Votive] for a need known to God

[Votive] for all

--------------------
Bad Christian (TM)

Posts: 3069 | From: near a lot of fish | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through [Votive]
Smudgie [Votive]
For a private intention tomorrow [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all (with a [Angel] for tessaB's daughter).

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My friend G who has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, for D her husband and their two young children.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am into my second week of what seems to be the flu. Please don't let the Telemum catch it. Apart from its being dangerous because of her age, I can still remember the flus/severe colds she's had throughout my life and they always cause her to sack out like a resident of a body farm. I don't really want her spending this Christmas like that.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For me: health, and getting through the holidays.
Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Praying for all. [Votive] For healing, help and the swift retreat of the Finance Monster for all those affected.

Prayers again for N, as my branch sec meets with HR today to discuss his case.

--------------------

Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through for all by name [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

...and that I find the right words to say in a difficult time coming up this afternoon.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Could I please ask for prayer for myself? Having had what I thought was a chest infection for some weeks, I learned today that I have emphysema. [Frown]

Thanks!

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

[Votive] for Bishop's Finger

[Votive] for WW

Prayers for all [Votive]

--------------------

Scooby-Doo
Shipmate
# 9822

- Posted      Profile for Scooby-Doo   Email Scooby-Doo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

Prayed through the thread for all by name.

I'm really struggling with severe pain in my legs. I had to cancel my second counselling session yesterday as I can't walk. I can't sit without searing pain either, so am spending a lot of time flat on my back in bed, I'm totally doped up on a cocktail of painkillers, but have no option but to take them at the moment.

Love

Steve X

--------------------
Friendships multiply joy and divide grief.

[URL=http://https://[/URL]

Posts: 1036 | From: Dorset | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

[Votive] for all suffering from illness,

wish a special [Votive] for Scooby-Doo.

--------------------

agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayer needed for my friend Don Larkin, my sister's father in law, who has something seriously wrong with his eyesight due to cancer. He has already lost one eye due to a botched surgical treatment. I am going to early mass in a couple of hours to see a priest who can pray for him.

Prayers also needed for my wife that the National Labour Relations Board can help her out by suing crooked schools that she has interviewed with for age discrimination. She has a masters' degree for God's sake! It is wrong that she makes less than I do over the course of a year and only makes $5 more per diem as a supply teacher...

[Mad]

[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

The Telemum has a hospital appointment on January 7 for hypercalcemia. It is sometimes caused by malignancy, but she'd probably be dead already in that case, or at least ill. She's fine, so I assume the cause isn't serious.

Speaking of not serious, I am feverish and my teeth are itching. Stupid cold.

[ 20. December 2012, 21:31: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Pain keeps me awake. Have been told to see GP when they open in five hours. If anybody's up, a little prayer for pain relief would go a long way.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Praying for all. Special prayers for Telepath to get an early Doctor's appointment.

[ 21. December 2012, 05:31: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for Mr. S's Food Bank, open today as the last until the 31st. All the other food banks in the city have fed record numbers of people this week - please pray for them to have enough people to do the work they have set their hands to.

Donations are also coming in like never before, Lord be praised, there is real goodwill for their work.

Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer. [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Thanks Starbug, the pain lifted, I slept well for a change, and the infection was seemingly on its way out by the time I got to the doctor.

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Finance Monsters big sibling has taken up residence...please pray that it can be tamed and preferably vanquished as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  90  91  92  93  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016