homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Perfidious Albion (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  54  55  56 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Perfidious Albion
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Big Grin]

Yes - but Chorley cakes are much better.

Eccles cakes are made with thin flaky pastry and have a sugary coating on the top. Chorley cakes are made with short pastry and are dry on top. The filling is raisins or currants.

Chorley is in Lancashire and Eccles is in Greater Manchester.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(sigh)

See, the priests knew what they were doing when they forbade raisin cakes. They knew the congregants would get way too distracted by the urge to gobble them up.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
Don't you know what the Bible says about raisin cakes? [Big Grin]

I knew the Old Testament had some barmy dietary rules, but that's A Bit Much. [Eek!]

My Better Half loves my raisin cake, so I don't actually give a stuff what Hosea thought.

It's gone down to -10°C here tonight - **brrrrr**

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
[Big Grin]

Yes - but Chorley cakes are much better.

Better still if bought from the stall in the covered market in Chorley. (Daughter 1 lives in nearby Coppull.)

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The gremlins have got into my TV set - I think they might be cold-weather gremlins, as this happened before during a cold spell. I missed the whole of the last episode of Sherlock last night thanks to no picture and staccato sound. I tried retuning, with the result that this morning I got a news broadcast from a Cubist announcer and the local news for High Wycombe to Chelmsford, which wasn't bad considering I live nowhere near either.

I really don't think digital telly is any kind of improvement - never had so many problems since the changeover.

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When we had Sky and that happened regularly they told me to remove the Sky card and turn everything off for 10 minutes, then reconnect and turn back on. Might be worth you trying the turning off (at the mains) part - maybe disconnecting the aerial cable too (can't remember if that was a part of it).

Good luck!

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

- Posted      Profile for Angloid     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by M.:
Originally posted by piglet:

quote:
Originally posted by M.:
... my default option is to say sorry ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're not Canadian* are you?

* Canadian n. someone who apologises when you stand on his toe.

(edited for the relevant bits)

A thing the British are also often accused of. I think it's a pleasant trait - it's just a nice way of seeking to defuse any possible irritation and help oil the wheels a bit.

M.

I know a woman (British) who apologises to lamp-posts if she bumps into them.

--------------------
Brian: You're all individuals!
Crowd: We're all individuals!
Lone voice: I'm not!

Posts: 12927 | From: The Pool of Life | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's still bl**dy cold here (-10°C as I type this - **brrrrrr**), although it was a gloriously sunny day.

Due to a 50%-off sale at Canadian Tire (I'm sorry - they really do spell it like that [Hot and Hormonal] ) we've become the proud possessors of a bread-making machine. D. has fancied trying it out for quite a while, and after asking the advice of a couple of friends with experience of them, we decided we'd go for it.

I'm going to mention this in the Recipe thread upstairs to invite advice; I don't want to upset the Hosts by turning this into a more foodie thread than it normally is ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Drifting Star:
When we had Sky and that happened regularly they told me to remove the Sky card and turn everything off for 10 minutes, then reconnect and turn back on. Might be worth you trying the turning off (at the mains) part - maybe disconnecting the aerial cable too (can't remember if that was a part of it).

Good luck!

Thanks. I did in fact try that for the best part of half an hour on Sunday with no great success. It took an hour and a half for it to settle down tonight - a combination of factors perhaps - but it got there in the end. In quite cold weather, the key for my car doesn't work well either so it may be something to do with physical location.
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
It's still bl**dy cold here (-10°C as I type this - **brrrrrr**), although it was a gloriously sunny day.

And I thought cycling home from w*rk last night at -5° was bad.

If you don't like -10, think of it as +14. Farenheit always sounds warmer. Whisk(e)y helps too.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We had some colder nights whilst we were away - probably down to the mid-teens Celsius! [Eek!] Now we are back down near sea level and we are warmer again, I'm glad to say.

Four people away for nearly a week create a deal of laundry - the poor machine has done one load and will probably face several more tomorrow.

...and I did get to drive, although none at all today. Yesterday I drove the bad roads across the plateau and then the good road as far as the ghat road down the hill - my arm is still not fully fit and I didn't fancy 27 hairpin bends in the space of 9 km!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:
Originally posted by Drifting Star:

Good luck!

Thanks. I did in fact try that for the best part of half an hour on Sunday with no great success. It took an hour and a half for it to settle down tonight - a combination of factors perhaps - but it got there in the end. In quite cold weather, the key for my car doesn't work well either so it may be something to do with physical location.
There's a large holly in front of our Sky disk and we have to keep that trimmed. Snow doesn't help either and, as Sky apply schedule changes early in the morning, any channel hopping if you're watching the cricket then can mess things up, much as Ariel (sic) describes.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
We had some colder nights whilst we were away - probably down to the mid-teens Celsius! [Eek!]

You poor things. As I cycled into work this morning, the gears on my bike froze. And as for my hands ... [Frown]

eta: but the bit along the river bank was very pretty. [Smile]

[ 17. January 2012, 19:37: Message edited by: QLib ]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ariel might have TV gremlins; we've got washing machine gremlins. It washed the sheets and (eventually) agreed to spin them after a fashion but has resolutely refused to tumble dry them, so they're hanging over the bath at the moment.

Bah, humbug.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Busy day today: came home from w*rk, made chicken stock, chopped veggies to make soup, took minutes of the committee for which I'm the secretary, came home, typed up minutes (while I could still read my handwriting [Big Grin] ), turned veggies and stock into soup, which is cooking as I type. Should be ready for virtual tasting by the time you read this, along with a couple of virtual slices of freshly-baked bread ...

... as the bread-making machine absolutely rocks! D. met me at the door as I came in from w*rk proudly brandishing a slice of his very first loaf, and it was utterly yummy.

I was so complimentary about it he let me add the yeast to the machine for the second loaf.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

... as the bread-making machine absolutely rocks! D. met me at the door as I came in from w*rk proudly brandishing a slice of his very first loaf, and it was utterly yummy.

Yes, ours does too. I make a loaf every day - so we have fresh bread the day it's made, toast the day after and the birds get the leftovers on day three. Lots of different types of loaf too.

I worked out it costs 20p a loaf - brill!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My garden is the end of the world - a thick mist has come down and there's nothing there. Usually I can see a rather large church in front of me, but I think it has been raptured.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
...what? and not taken the choir?

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
They think we're far too worldly, I expect.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
quote:
... as the bread-making machine absolutely rocks!

Yes, ours does too. I make a loaf every day - so we have fresh bread the day it's made, toast the day after and the birds get the leftovers on day three.
The problem with breadmaker loaves is that they are not stuffed full of the preservatives like commercial bread. This is a GoodThing™, but has the side effect of going stale very quickly.

Don't let it go stale. Time it so that you eat the bread newly cooked and still warm.
#oneofthebestthingsintheworld

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

angelica37
Shipmate
# 8478

- Posted      Profile for angelica37   Author's homepage   Email angelica37   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Breadmaker bread makes the best toast. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1351 | From: Suffolk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Balaam:
... Don't let it go stale ...

I suspect it won't get the chance. [Big Grin]

We had some with the veggie soup for lunch today and it seemed just fine; we put the second loaf into the deep-freeze, so it'll be interesting to see how it does when we de-frost it.

These first two loaves were made with flour called "bread mix" which came with its own little packets of yeast and had quite a list of chemical-sounding ingredients which are presumably there to keep it fresh. So far they seem to have worked; in the unlikely event of it lasting beyond the toast stage, there's a pond with ducks just outside where I w*rk ... [Smile]

I really ought to stop messing about here and go and make potato salad for the pot-luck we're going to tomorrow night.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A breadmaker sounds tempting but with HWMBO and Pete being diabetic I'm not sure it would be a good thing; plus the power here is not hugely reliable; plus we can get really nice 7 grain bread for not a lot of money - about 30 pence a loaf.

All that dust on the trip back on Monday and Tuesday is making us all feel lousy and bunged up - slowly coming out of it but we'll be very glad when they have finished widening that road, not that we intend going that way again for a while.

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If the bread does go stale, slice it and let it dry thoroughly. Then convert it into bread crumbs.

Home-made breadcrumbs taste better than store-bought.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
much talk about bread which is funny because I've just had some eggy bread for lunch! Now I need more bread. Ah well, I was going shopping today anyway.
(No, we don't have a bread maker - our kitchen is small enough already without filling it with more Stuff)

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by cheesymarzipan:
.. we don't have a bread maker - our kitchen is small enough already without filling it with more Stuff

Me too. But I am still tempted.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

It rained in the night here, not enough to cool things down too much but just enough to make this morning humid and clammy. It is still grey and overcast but hopefully it will burn off before long and we can have some nice breezes.

Ah well, it's still a little warmer than life over there in UK-land - I don't think topless with the windows open would be on the cards over there, would it?

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

Ah well, it's still a little warmer than life over there in UK-land - I don't think topless with the windows open would be on the cards over there, would it?

We could give it a try. With the light on and curtains open this idea could brighten many a dull evening for passers by!

(On second thoughts - brrrrrrrrrrrrrr - I'll put the onesie back on!)

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by cheesymarzipan:
... our kitchen is small enough already without filling it with more Stuff ...

So is ours. [Big Grin]

D's Breadmaking Adventures, Chapter 2: Candlemas Cookies
D. is getting quite brave; we've only had the machine for a few days and already he's adapting recipes ...

We'd had a recipe for these (a sort of cross between a sweet bread and a biscuit) for ages and he'd always wanted to try them. I was more impressed than he was, but he couldn't quite work out what wasn't right about them. We may have to try them out on some friends who know about that sort of thing.

PS Wodders, I doubt you'd be going topless here at the moment; we're supposed to get about 8 inches of sn*w tomorrow ... [Frown]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
... we're supposed to get about 8 inches of sn*w ...

I suppose if we average it out ...

The other side of our road has so little you can still see the ******* pavement. We have about a foot and a half.

When I got up I checked the University's web-site and was relieved to discover we had a sn*w-day. A couple of hours later D. dug out the car so I cleared a bit of space for it to go when he gets back.

Then the ******* plough came past, so now we've got a three-foot sn*w-bank in front of the pavement.

******* idiot, ******* sn*w. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Sorry for all the asterisks. [Two face] I've made a beef casserole* - help yourselves.

* Well, what else does one do on a sn*w-day? [Smile]

--------------------

Drifting Star

# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I love snow. [Razz]

I was the only person who didn't want it to end last winter.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

You can come and dig us out any time you like, DS. [Big Grin]

If I'm honest, I liked snow when I was a kid - a snow-day was fun and the snow rarely lasted longer than a few days*. Here, once we get a real "weather-bomb" (say, about 2 feet of snow in the space of a day) and it freezes, it could be with us until Easter, which is a rather depressing thought.

It could be worse. Last winter I was working in a shop, where snow-days are but a dream; working at the university, when they get a snow-day so do I (and I still get paid for it [Yipee] ).

* except for that time in 1978 when the schools were closed for a week ... [Cool]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

None of the kids here get snow days, they are just not on the agenda - but then snow here is a bit of a rarity.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Finally took the plunge and joined Facebook, I've had enough requests now to make it worthwhile. But what a pain it is to get around and amend things! [brick wall] I suppose, like anything, once you're used to it, it's second nature.

Very windy here today - have had to close the windows because they keep blowing wide open. But so mild that I really feel Spring is on its way. The snowdrops are out now so it's only a matter of a few weeks before colour (a riot of yellow spring flowers everywhere) starts to return to the land.

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Hot and Hormonal] I'm confined to the house, having put my coat in the washing machine before checking what the weather was doing. It's raining, lots, and the sky looks ominously slatey-grey.

Not that I really need to go out until tomorrow... so I might just as well enjoy my temporary confinement! There's cake, books, piano...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

Ariel - be warned and don't do what I do, I tend to friend Shipmates on facebook then forget their Shippie names.

I recommended the Ship to a well known Host the other day - said I thought it would suit them well.

Oooops!

[Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Giggles at Boogie.

One of my colleagues said yesterday I seemed to have the most eclectic set of friends on Facebook, and she enjoyed reading some of the bizarre conversations that arose on my status updates. I think it was a compliment..

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hi all

As it is National Hug Day, I thought I'd nip in and leave a nice cup of something for people (since, being British, we don't often do the hug thing )

I do read...just don't post much...

[Smile]

Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Thanks amber., I'm a great hugger so I shall make sure I hug a few people today.

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Met up with Lord P at a rather nice pub at Beckhampton today - couldn't resist toffee apple bread and butter pudding -mmm! Passed him more clothes - I didn't realise just how many clothes he has, partly because most of them were in an amorphous layer on his bedroom floor [Eek!] . It was good to catch up and see that he's OK and that he had got his new phone (See Prayers of the faithful)We tried to go into Marlborough, but couldn't find 2 car park spaces, so we went our seperate ways.

I'm signed on to Facebook, Darllenwr isn't. It's the only way we find out what Lord P is doing! I've got a couple of Shipmate friends, mainly people I've met in real life, but there are a few in foreign parts. It can become very addictive. There are no proper instructions, so you just have to muddle through if you want tto do anything in particular.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I quite like Facebook...I like following links other people have posted and catching up with what people are up to.

But I only know people on board by their Ship names, so have No Idea if I "know" anyone on FB as well, if you see what I mean.
And I equally have no clue if I know anyone in RL who is also on The Ship (apart from those special few I met at a Ship Meet last May).

Thank you for the cuppa Amber - hope you have had a nice day too.

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I quite enjoy Facebook - it's given me the chance to catch up with people I haven't seen since we all left school thirty-something years ago ... [Hot and Hormonal]

Still in sn*w-plough rant mode - someone was farting about with a plough at the top of the road at three o'clock this morning but despite there being no cars parked on our side of the road he didn't have the wit to shift the bank of sn*w in front of our house. Moron. [Mad]

Amber, I'll have a cup of tea and a virtual hug, and I've still got CAKE. [Smile]

--------------------

amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ooo, cake! Thanks!! [Smile]

I love Facebook. Very highly visual, which works for me, and it works really well as a fairly safe "circle of friends*" for someone like me for when I need to say something but need it to be amongst people who understand what I mean and can cope with the clumsiness. Wonderful stuff [Smile]

Shall be pondering the garden today. I may build up to actually doing something in it, too. [Biased]

*"Circle of Friends" is a model of a safe group for people with learning disabilities or autism... where people commit in an informal way to being gentle and wise friends, and benefit from a shared friendship and journey through life with the person at its centre too.

Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

I'm finding the interface of Facebook a bit tricky to find my way around. I haven't yet quite got the hang of it - I hadn't expected it to be this complex and am at the stage where I'm still trying to memorize what I have to click on to get various options, as things seem to be not where I thought I'd last seen them.

Anyway - Chinese New Year this weekend! I was thinking about going to Birmingham for the occasion, but the photos of last year suggest I wouldn't get near the Chinese Quarter anyway for the crowds. It's the Year of the Dragon, so it should be a really colourful event.

I'm guessing the London event will be pretty spectacular with lots of colourful dragons snaking through the streets chasing the huge pearl-shaped lanterns on sticks, to the sound of drums and firecrackers...

Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can't be arsed with FB - I seem to have got myself two different accounts (without knowing how) but can't get to see any of my friends' pages from either account. I also get messages about updates but then can't find them when I look. So most of the time I give up. From time to time I go in, click random buttons, explode with frustration, say a few choice words and come back onboard The Ship.

I think I might go and make some soup.
ETA - anything other than do my quarterly tax return which I need to post off tomorrow!!!

[ 22. January 2012, 09:00: Message edited by: Dormouse ]

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Dormouse - as it's nearly -10°C here, I think a bowl of tax-return avoidance soup would go down very nicely. Would you like some home-made bread to go with it? [Big Grin]

--------------------

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
I'm finding the interface of Facebook a bit tricky [...] things seem to be not where I thought I'd last seen them.

They aren't. They are changing it all the time. A major rewrite every two years or so, a couple or more of big changes each year, and minor tinkering almost every week.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I discovered that my online declaration form was available so I declared in about 30 seconds and it was done! Thanks due to MrD for moral support.
The butternut squash soup was good...but homemade breadwould have added more deliciousness! I had some coconut milk left so I made a coconut cake as well and some honey spice biskits
I tried to make Hugh Fearley-Whittingstall's flatbread tonight. An unmitigated disaster. Sticky unworkable dough which just flobbed about. It went in the bin.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

D's breadmaking adventures continue apace: today he made a raisin and cinnamon loaf, which was v. nice (there's plenty left - help yourselves).

Back to normal after the faux long-weekend created by the sn*w-day on Friday. Why does one's bed (and one's teddy-bear [Smile] ) take on all the properties of super-glue at 7:30 on a Monday morning?

sleepy piglet [Snore]

[ 24. January 2012, 00:51: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------

Drifting Star

# 12799

There's nothing like a warm teddy bear. Does yours get even softer and cuddlier when he's warm too?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  54  55  56 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016