homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Perfidious Albion (Page 54)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Perfidious Albion
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
... Before that, tomorrow is a job interview ...

Best of luck! [Smile]
The short list is now a lot shorter. and I'm still on it.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's great news! [Smile]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Brilliant news Balaam - everything crossed for you! [Smile]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks, but you can uncross the eyes if you're driving.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Great news balaam!

On my night bus trip from Mysore the other night we came down the Ghat road [scary enough coming down in the light!] and I looked back from the road along the bottom and it was fascinating to see the lights of traffic weaving across the hillside - quite ethereal.

It was an air conditioned luxury bus so they then hand out blankets for us to wrap ourselves in - it was certainly cold enough to need them but why not have the a/c not as fierce and then we wouldn't have needed them and would all have been quite comfortable?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Intrepid Mrs S:
... Piglet's sandals, were she wearing them in this season ...

You've never been to Newfoundland in December, have you? [Big Grin]

Balaam, that's excellent news - still crossing that which can be crossed. [Smile]

Some of the cooking/swearing has been accomplished; I've made some smoked-salmon pâté for my boss, who likes it, (not much swearing) and a batch of tablet for the people in the lab and sundry others (lots of swearing - tablet really is a faff, and I've still to cut it into wee squares*).

* wee splats, more likely. [Help]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicodemia:
I hope you did really well for 'your' food bank, Mrs. S. I think you are very brave. If I sang outside a Supermarket, I think I might get moved on!

Nicodemia, it went well - no idea how much we made, but the supermarket staff were very welcoming (and put money in the buckets too!). There were around a dozen of us, including an accordion and bass guitar, two tambourines ( [Hot and Hormonal] ) one soprano to do the descants, and the obligatory Small Cute Child with Bucket. I think live carol singers may be quite rare now - and the closest we came to a secular song was 'We wish you a Merry Christmas' which I think means the activity can be termed 'outreach'.

We had a great time, and people seemed more 'engaged' this year - they were stopping to take photos of us, and asking about the charity as they put money in.

Mrs. S, putting away her reindeer hat for another year
[Smile]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sounds as though you made a very joyful noise, Mrs.S! Think even I could sing, provided I stood next to the accordion, so I couldn't be heard! [Big Grin]

Hope you made a lot of well-earned cash for your charity.

It has stopped raining [Smile] but still dull and grey [Frown]
Have done all my shopping, waiting for Tesco delivery of the rest, so that when the world ends, I will go, surrounded by goodies! [Devil]

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glad the singing went well.
I seem to have developed a large neurological 'aura' in my eyes in the last half hour, I suspect it is just a minor migraine-like affect due to my cold and not a full blown migraine coming. But it's making it very difficult to read the boards, I'm having to use the eccentric viewing I used to teach my patients (the art of looking beside what you actually want to focus on). But the rainbow zigzags seem to be dispersing fairly quickly so hopefully it will go soon.
Lazy day today, other half has finished work and is at home, my eldest breaks up at midday and my youngest at 3pm. I might make a Moshi Monsters cushion for my youngest.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Perhaps it isn't an aura but a preview of the world collapsing in brightly coloured lights.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Great news balaam!

On my night bus trip from Mysore the other night we came down the Ghat road [scary enough coming down in the light!]

twitches

Not to mention going up in the light! clutches rosary in automatic reflex

Glad you landed safely.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rain rain rain here - not a good time for our roof to decide to spring a leak and start pouring into the bedroom [Frown]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well - they did say the world would end today, they just didn't mention the roof falling in! (I blame chicken licken!)

On a brighter note my son arrives home from Germany at lunch time - he hasn't visited home for twelve months.

[Yipee]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
Well - they did say the world would end today,

11:11 GMT is the time I heard. Meanwhile Twitter is posting like there's no tomorrow.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicodemia:
Hope you made a lot of well-earned cash for your charity.

Well, we managed £89.16 in an hour - a bit down on last year but still well worth having.

Mrs. S, grateful for small mercies [Biased]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

Well done Mrs S - a goodly sum!

Chicken Licken was right - the builder called this afternoon and we need a new roof. Erk! He's going to do it at the end of January, meanwhile buckets r us [Paranoid] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

quote:
Chicken Licken was right - the builder called this afternoon and we need a new roof. Erk! He's going to do it at the end of January, meanwhile buckets r us [Paranoid] [Roll Eyes]

Oh Boogie - how deeply un-Christmassy! [Eek!]

Mrs. S, used to buckets at w*rk but not at home

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

Buckets? Hasn't he jury rigged a tarpaulin over the roof?

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is anyone making food hampers for friends & family this Christmas? I've got news for you; they are doing the same!

Mrs Sioni's store stocks cellophane (patterned and plain) which is an essential part of hamper packaging, but they cannot get enough of it. Their central warehouse is empty and the last delivery, three boxes of 24 rolls, went in about an hour, leaving disappointed customers.

So watch out! The New Yer could see you well stocked for jams, pickles, fancy sweets and chocolates and the like.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well done, Mrs. S.! Proper in-public carol-singing is fun. We used to have a regular booking when we lived in Belfast with Northern Ireland Railways: we'd go along to Central Station and sing carols and they'd give a donation to the Dean's Sit-Out and we put a hat out for collections from passers-by as well.

Boogie, that's a real bummer - it puts our dusty building-site rather into perspective. [Eek!]

Sioni, I'm afraid I'm rather guilty (although I haven't bought any coloured cellophane - yet). I've just finished making chicken-liver pâté, some of which will be given away, and I've still to do sundry other edible pressies, although they're not big enough to count as hampers - more jars and plastic bags.

Finished w*rk now until 7th January, and glad to note that the world doesn't seem to have ended - all that culinary effort would have gone to waste ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Up early and off to the 24-hour supermarket this morning at the ungodly hour of 7.30 am. When I got there, the car park was almost full: the Saturday Before Christmas is here.

So nice to be indoors on this wet, dark day and know I don't have to go out again. The roads already have their share of small lakes and the hilly bits have mini-waterfalls, getting around's going to be tricky later on.

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

Piglet - my niece makes foody Christmas presents - I think they are fabulous! They branched out into sloe gin last year - marvellous!

I'm glad to report that our dripping ceiling stops when the rain stops, so now all we need is a dry spell.

The boys are both home and it's really great to catch up with them - especially the eldest who hasn't been home from Heidelberg since last Christmas. he's losing his English! He couldn't think of the English for 'jug' yesterday - erk!

<edit typo>

[ 22. December 2012, 08:00: Message edited by: Boogie ]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
Up early and off to the 24-hour supermarket this morning at the ungodly hour of 7.30 am. When I got there, the car park was almost full: the Saturday Before Christmas is here.

I'm about to go out to the shops. Definitely. Any minute now. I'm going to huddle on the waterproof jacket, trudge to the bus stop, go the length of the fishmonger, work my way back via Sainsbury's and the Polish deli. Really. Imminently.

[ 22. December 2012, 09:04: Message edited by: Firenze ]

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We did a shop yesterday and I was expecting chaos in the bakery but it was amazingly quiet, yet had been, so they said, very busy a few minutes before. I imagine it will be hell on wheels in there today - and they will be open tomorrow as well, of course.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, that was every bit as exhausting, exasperating and expensive as I thought it would be.

However, I'm in and slurping a coffee with a good jigger of the Ben Bracken in it, and, bar going to collect the duck on Christmas Eve, that's me done until at least the 27th (when the social life kicks off again, and I have to plan a dinner party and substantial - but portable - nibbles).

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

quote:

The boys are both home and it's really great to catch up with them - especially the eldest who hasn't been home from Heidelberg since last Christmas. he's losing his English! He couldn't think of the English for 'jug' yesterday - erk!

A German friend spent several years living the UK but eventually decided to move back home after she went home for Christmas and discovered she didn't remember the German word for cupboard.
Pouring down again here, the poor postman was quite soaked. We're having a quiet day at home, though my husband did pop out to Waitrose earlier. He said it wouldn't have been too busy but today was turkey delivery day and there was a huge queue curling around the store and blocking the aisles.

[ 22. December 2012, 11:56: Message edited by: Heavenly Anarchist ]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sioni Sais - I usually make mini food hampers for my relatives who live at a distance. At the end of November, we have a Food Fair here, with stalls full of all sorts of goodies that just aren't available elsewhere. Local producers, local food, all of extremely high quality.
It's a lot better than buying something from a multinational that my relatives could have found for themselves.

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've bought decent cheese and chutneys for friends for several years now - the Christmas market in Cardiff is very useful for that.
We have started our card "run" - delivering to friends we don't see very often, so spent time with two friends this afternoon. The nice thing was that the present we had bought for one was exactly and answer to prayer and an encouragement.
Then home, to await our food order. Did I really order all that? I seem to have gone overboard on cream.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
I've bought decent cheese and chutneys for friends for several years now -

What a good idea! I will keep that in mind for next year - my husband is a woodworker so I can feel some fabulous cheese boards coming on too.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just had an automated flood warning. [Frown]

I'm relying on the fact that they admit their information about height above sea (river) level is a bit lacking in detail for my area.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

We've got a rainfall warning on the Weather Channel at the moment too - they're threatening us with 1-2 inches, which strikes me as quite a wide margin (one is a Very Wet Day, two is a deluge). Having said that, most of it usually gets dropped on the west side of the island, and by the time it reaches us it mightn't be so bad. It would be nice to get enough to get rid of the sn*w though, as we may be in for more of that next weekend. [Frown]

Made another batch of red-pepper jelly this morning, and roasted the garlic for the goat-cheese thing - I'm definitely beginning to feel a bit more organised. I'm contemplating making small French sticks to go with it, but not very confident about how they might turn out - will go and consult the bread-making book shortly.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Cheese and chutney would be my idea of present heaven - I love cheese. We've often had relatives send us a huge Stilton.
I used to mod on a parenting site where we had regular organised swaps; tea and homemade biscuits, crafts, postcards, that sort of thing. The cheese swap we had last year was one of our most popular.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

quote:
Originally posted by QLib:

I'm relying on the fact that they admit their information about height above sea (river) level is a bit lacking in detail for my area.

Praying everything will be okay.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:

I used to mod on a parenting site where we had regular organised swaps; tea and homemade biscuits, crafts, postcards, that sort of thing. The cheese swap we had last year was one of our most popular.

Anyone feel a Ship cheese swap coming on?

[Smile] [Cool]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You're not getting your hands on my newly-bought piece of Taw Valley Extra Mature Cheddar. I had to queue 5 whole minutes to pay for that this afternoon.

OTOH, if anyone has a Roquefort they don't want, just let me know, I'm sure I can help out.

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

We don't have any cheese to swap. (We're keeping the wheel of Brie.)

But being the son of a (retired) fishmonger has it's plus points, hr still has contacts. Dad has given us half a salmon, and another half of smoked salmon. Looks like were in for a fishy Christmas.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by QLib:

Praying everything will be okay.
Yes - i think it will be, thanks. Due to peak at 7pm, and nowhere near us at the moment. Locals say this road has never flooded. Mind you, it is due to start raining again tonight.

eta: I have managed to run out of cheddar. How is that even possible? I buy it two packs at a time. Not up for a swap, though. Other cheeses in stock include Camembert in Calvados. Yum! (I hope)

[ 23. December 2012, 17:05: Message edited by: QLib ]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cheese free zone here, although my one definite guest has offered to bring an assortment.

A festive wondering..... as angels have wings, do they hatch?

Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

Dunno. Never seen an angel's egg.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

quote:
quote:

Anyone feel a Ship cheese swap coming on?

[Smile] [Cool]

It was very successful [Smile] we bought cheeses for our swappee up to a cost limit and then posted them out well wrapped first class. We did it in the autumn so it wasn't too hot and nobody got listeria.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

Best not to use non-pateurised cheese then.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
... by the time it reaches us it mightn't be so bad ...

... then again it might. It absolutely p*ssed down and blew a gale today; I got drenched going no more than a car's length between the Cathedral and the car.

I've now done up the marinated goat's cheese jars, and they look very pretty. I overestimated (by 100% [Big Grin] ) how much cheese I'd need, but as I've got plenty of olives and the other flavourings left, I'll just have to do some for ourselves.

Quality control, you understand. [Cool]

I'm getting there; another couple of weeks and I'll be sorted. [Razz]

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I've now done up the marinated goat's cheese jars, and they look very pretty.

Tell me, when you marinade the goat, do you include the horns?

And are you sure it will like the cheese jars? Have you asked it?

[Cool]

[coding]

[ 24. December 2012, 07:38: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

I'm envisaging the goat being marinaded in an enormous white ceramic jar that says "Best Mature Stilton" on the side, with whole bulbs of garlic and bunches of thyme bobbing around on the top, so that all you can see is its head (with the horns) poking out.

Very wet here - some flooding on the railway line and on the roads. Went to have a look at the canal, which was up almost to spilling over, then someone decided to sail through the lock and the water level dropped to reasonable.

Interestingly, he appeared to be sailing the narrowboat single-handed - and I mean single-handed: with an umbrella in one hand, he still managed to open both the sluice gates, steer the boat through, tie it up on the other side and come back to close the gates. Watched by a father with two small children who had no umbrellas, and the children were getting soaked (none of them were bothered or even put the hoods of their jackets up) and me. I've wondered whether it was possible to sail a narrowboat by yourself; he's the second person I've seen doing this so I guess it is, but looks like really hard work.

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It might be more efficient with one of these . Two hands are better than one.

Persistant precipitation here too. Am hoping for a let up, otherwise Christmas Eve Carols/Mass is going to be two people and a dog [Frown]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wet and soggy here too...Bethnei is low lying and boggy anyway, and the water has no where to go as the sand and gravel on which the town is built is saturated. However, if we flood here where I live, the town centre will be under 20 feet or more, as they are lower than we are...
The DH has gone out (working) so I have had a lovely quiet dinner and am now about to wrap his presents before writing sermons for tonight and tomorrow...think I shall listen to the Carol Service from Kings while I do so.

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I seem to be surviving my re-entry into active church life and organ playing! Though, will be quite glad to close the lid on the organ after tomorrow morning's service for a few days break.

Just pondering what to do to stay awake now until time for the bus to go to Midnight. But which bus? Do I risk the one an hour bus, which takes 20 minutes, or the three an hour, and then change on to the four an hour. Decisions, decisions. The first option goes from one side of a dual carriage way, and the second the other side.

Still, I am grateful there are options!

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It's got much colder here again today, and there were wee squitty flakes of sn*w floating about just now, although not enough to make anything like a white Christmas.

Pressies all wrapped, decorations put up in bits of house that don't look too much like a building site, just waiting for D. to come and pick me up for the midnight Eucharist (Charpentier Messe de minuit, if anyone's interested). I believe it's one of Uncle Pete's favourites; if we sing really loudly and the wind's in the right direction ... [Big Grin]

Merry Christmas, all. [Smile]

edited for grammatical bollocks

[ 25. December 2012, 00:17: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Hot and Hormonal]

Went to sleep last evening and was woken at 11.35 so said it was too late to get to Mass and went back to sleep. I think Himself and Herself have gone to Church as no sign of anyone when I eventually woke up and the car is gone, too.

I've done a bit of tidying and now am just having a look in here and then possibly a bit more tidying.

eta, some time later: I am not normally allowed to do much around the house so when I am alone like this it is good to be able to actually do something! I quite enjoy pottering.

[ 25. December 2012, 03:55: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

Flood warning officially rescinded yesterday afternoon.

Currently up and waiting for the offspring to appear. Biggest problem so far: no room in the fridge for the champagne (and at what point should I tell them I don't actually like champagne that much? Or am I obliged to go on drinking champagne and pretending I like it for the rest of my life?).

Merry Christmas!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016