homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Perfidious Albion (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  54  55  56 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Perfidious Albion
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
Mars Bars aren't the same either. They made them softer and sweeter about 10 years ago so they'd appeal more to women. A proper Mars Bar is something you could sink your teeth into. On a cold day, you had to basically saw a chunk off it. The current version is more like Milky Way. (Yes, I do know it's supposed to be a take on that.)

Even nostalgia isn't the same as it used to be. [Frown]

Trouble is, the soft version is the only one our teeth can manage these days!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A sort of tangent on the Mars Bar - chopped up, melted and with a bit of milk added to keep it soft, it makes a great topping for a chocolate cake.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dormouse:
A sort of tangent on the Mars Bar - chopped up, melted and with a bit of milk added to keep it soft, it makes a great topping for a chocolate cake.

<tamgent two>

If you like Mars Bar good and hard, put it in the fridge for half an hour, then take it out and cut it into slices. Excellent, and it lasts longer!

</tangent two>

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've not had a Mars Bar for 20 years!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Me too, Boogie!

Have just been into town to try and get money for A Certain Host and the machine didn't want to play - I think it had run out of ink. Hopefully it will give some tomorrow or rent won't be paid then he'll have to move into the woodshed!

As we all know there is always something nasty in a woodshed!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't usually post on the Ship at w*rk, but they've closed the University because of Inclement Weather™ (and I should have left half an hour ago anyway), but the weather's so inclement that D. phoned to say would I wait for a bit until it's not a complete white-out.

Me? Feel guilty? [Angel]

Hmph squared. [Mad]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Trouble is, the soft version is the only one our teeth can manage these days!

Our teeth? This reminds me of the story of the three witches who shared one eye and one tooth between them.* I'll have you know I'm fine with a Mars Bar - provided it's been allowed to melt for a bit first, of course.

* Unless of course you're referring to the communal Ship of Fools Set of Teeth™.

In other news, still bitterly cold, still no snow.

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reminds me of the old story about the hell-fire preacher who was getting very eloquent on the subject of the wailing and gnashing of teeth in the afterlife...
...one person asked "But what if you haven't got any teeth?"

"Teeth will be provided" - came the response.

It's bitterly cold out there, and there is no cloud cover, so the stars that can be seen (Bethnei is in the middle of a lot of large towns and cities so suffers from light pollution) are twinkling away very frostily.

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by St Everild:
... "Teeth will be provided" ...

[Killing me]
quote:
... still no snow.

I've got lots - would you like some? [Big Grin]

D. eventually picked me up from w*rk about an hour later than usual; with the visibility being little more than the end of your nose, the traffic was somewhat mental. When we got home, we had to dig our way into the house - the 6 inches predicted by the Westher Channel turned out to be 2-foot drifts ... [Eek!]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I do enjoy reading about everyone's winter travails - such an eloquent reminder of my previous life.

My eldest brother and his new[-ish] wife are thinking of moving from south Manchester down into northern Shropshire - I spent a winter down there once on a placement and that area can get really cold!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I do enjoy reading about everyone's winter travails - such an eloquent reminder of my previous life.

It's why we do it - we're sure you'll appreciate these evocative little reminders of the country of your birth.

Apparently it's warmer in Antarctica today, a fact the papers are making much of, but I remind myself it's summer down there so probably warmer than it usually is. Piglet - yes please, so long as it doesn't hang around and turn to ice on the pavements. A light dusting will be fine.

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hooray for hot water!

Our boiler has been dead (pump u/s)for almost a week but Keith, The Man Who Does Stuff fitted the replacement yesterday so we have hot water and central heating again. Just in time for a cold snap too. The dodgy electric heaters and the kettle on the landing can go away again. Mind you, it took a while to warm the house.

eta: we consoled ourselves by looking up the weather in Winnepeg! How the he** do people manage in -27?

[ 01. February 2012, 09:29: Message edited by: Sioni Sais ]

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ooooh, oooh, yes please Piglet. Can I have about 18 inches please, and can it last for a few weeks, and cling to the trees? I've counted the toilet rolls, and if there's more than 18 inches that will be fine too.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

We've been shopping today! It was supposed to be shopping for trouser cloth for Pete but then turned into general cloth shopping - Pete has three trouser pieces, already with the tailor, and two hats - HWMBO has four shirt pieces including an amazing bright blue linen, and a I have just a solitary bit of cotton shirting and a new hat.

Compared to the others I am so restrained!

eta: today the ATM courteously deigned to give Pete some money so he is saved from the woodshed at least for a little while.

[ 01. February 2012, 10:59: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh frabjous day!! [Yipee] I visited Marks & Spencer on the Champs Elysées this lunchtime. (It opened just before Christmas but you had to queue to get in so I decided to wait.)

They have flipping everything. I went in there to buy some tea, I may have left with one or two extra things [Hot and Hormonal] - they have bacon, crumpets, biscuits, custard, in short everything a little exiled expat Brit could possibly wish for. [Smile] And the stuff is not that expensive - I was pleasantly surprised.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Mmmmmmmmmm! Crumpets!!

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There are sometimes advantages is being disabled.
Where I work, there is a leaking gutter just by the main entrance, and it was very icy yesterday - sufficiently so, that when I reported that I had nearly fallen on it, my boss went to get grit. I reported it to the centre manager today, and just before I left on a visit, she was expecting workmen to fix it within an hour. That guttering has been damaged and leaking for at least 18 months!

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
... Piglet - yes please, so long as it doesn't hang around and turn to ice on the pavements ...

Too late. [Frown] We now have Patches of Treachery™ and enormous heaps of snirt.*
quote:
Originally posted by La vie en rouge:
I visited Marks & Spencer on the Champs Elysées this lunchtime ...

I'm so jealous. There was an M&S here which closed shortly before we arrived - in fact we were talking about it in the pub after choir practice this evening - and I can't tell you how much I want one of their prawn and mayonnaise sandwiches. Right now.

deprived piglet

* snirt n. snow + dirt

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The bit of their range I was most excited about was the bacon and sausages. I cooked a gigantic fry-up last night (when it was minus eight degrees, just the weather for a load of greasy fatty fried pork products). I can feel my arteries hardening as we speak, but I'm going to die really happy. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

What I forgot to say yesterday is that when we got to new posh shop in town the lift was out of service so we had HWMBO, various assistants and me running up and down two flights of stairs bringing stuff for Pete to see and wonder about - I think he quite enjoyed his role as the lord of all he surveyed. One of the salesmen was a little pushy for a while but I think he got the message that that might not be the best way to proceed.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

O the pleasure of a hot meal on a night as cold as this...! Went for a walk at lunchtime, sunny though it was my fingers and nose went numb pretty quickly. One of those days where once you get cold it takes a long time to get warm again. The air is sufficiently cold to smell cleaner than usual, no mean feat on a railway platform.

Here are some pictures of the cold weather across Europe - enjoy.

[ 02. February 2012, 18:21: Message edited by: Ariel ]

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We had a dusting of snow on Tuesday - I needed it for the final shot for the January Treasure Hunt on 365, and was far more excited than the teenagers I was supposed to be teaching ICT at that moment, so when we had a break I dived out and got a few photographs.

But it's bitterly cold and I'm really not looking forward to catching a 5:30am tube, that's an outside end of the line tube, on Saturday morning.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

We had some more sn*w this morning too; it was generally reckoned that we should have had a sn*w-day but didn't. [Frown]

It's -8°C here at the moment, and we've got some pretty spectacular icicles hanging from the roof chez Piglet.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Big Grin]

It's a lovely morning here.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
It's -8°C here at the moment, and we've got some pretty spectacular icicles hanging from the roof chez Piglet.

None here so far, but I still remember last year's vividly. I don't think I'll forget them in a hurry. They were like taloned goblin fingers that crept slowly over the edge of the roof while I was inside looking out, and then over my windows, forming bars that prevented me from fully opening the window. Most were about 2-3 feet long, but there was one monster by the drainpipe that was 8' long.

The fun part was going out underneath these things, as periodically they would fall off without warning and a long spear of solid ice would shatter noisily as it met the ground. Luckily nobody ever was underneath at exactly the time. The 8-foot-long one worried me a bit - but made a gloriously resounding crash when it finally did come down.

Aelred of Rievaulx
Shipmate
# 16860

- Posted      Profile for Aelred of Rievaulx   Email Aelred of Rievaulx   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lovely, sunny and frosty here. I am tired of being told about "that Siberian weather" that is coming our way - no forecast I can find says we will have worse than -3° at night and nothing under 0° in the day. Now I hardly call that a winter.

--------------------
In friendship are joined honor and charm, truth and joy, sweetness and good-will, affection and action. And all these take their beginning from Christ, advance through Christ, and are perfected in Christ.

Posts: 136 | From: English Midlands | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

You might. It's 17°F or -8°C here at the time of writing, which means it was colder when I left home this morning.
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In an inversion of the normal run of things, I see Stornoway is being described as a 'hot spot' - at a sweltering 5C. Embro is supposed to be 0C, but I don't believe it - we have cloud cover and no frost (unlike yesterday).
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
-7 to -8 here (the two sides of the max-min disagree by a degree). It felt savagely, finger burningly, cold last night going home, yet was only -2/3 by the same device. Make sense of that...

However it's hard enough underfoot to let me commute up the river again. This morning was cloudy, but the sun poked through the one streak of clear sky on the horizon and a burning dagger flashed down the Thames. I love that as a commuting route! [Yipee]

Hoping it stays cold until sunday - showing someone the joys of Port Meadow, and it'll be much nicer if it's still hard underfoot.

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

-5 overnight and the bloody boiler's acting up again! It seems that once a hot water system starts to misbehave it will never be quite right again.

I expect it will be OK this evening, for a few hours anyway.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

Holy COW it's cold. Once again -8° here this morning, and not going to be going over zero for at least the next week on current predictions. Add in the windchill and it apparently feels like -15°. Very bright and dry, so no ice or anything, but if anything does come down from the sky it'll definitely be snow.

In one way, I think it's more bearable than British cold, because it's drier, but when it's this brutal it hurts to breathe (which I feel is somewhat of a problem, what with breathing being a generally rather necessary activity [Roll Eyes] ).

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Originally posted by Sandemaniac:
Hoping it stays cold until sunday - showing someone the joys of Port Meadow, and it'll be much nicer if it's still hard underfoot.

Should do, though someone did mention a possible 4" of snow on Saturday.

I ike the idea of commuting up the river, and sailing into work. Or possibly, given the canal, barging into work.

Though in this weather, one might skate in...

ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It didn't feel quite so cold this morning but that was partly due to the fact that the wind had dropped and partly due to the fact that I was wearing, pretty much, two of everything!

Having been at work long enough to remove several layers of jumpers, the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate the building. After standing around in the cold for around 20 minutes we were told there was a leak in the basement and they didn't know when we would be allowed back in. Fortunately we could go to the canteen in an adjacent building.

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
[QUOTE]
I ike the idea of commuting up the river, and sailing into work. Or possibly, given the canal, barging into work. Though in this weather, one might skate in...

It's getting close - there was ice up the edges anywhere the water was still!

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A few years ago, someone I knew got their picture in the local paper when they decided to ski to work!

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
-8 this morning going to work, -5 coming home. I had to go on a couple of visits, and it actually made it to -0.5 this afternoon - but not for long. I'm glad I'm in a really warm office next to a radiator!

--------------------

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sandemaniac:
quote:
Though in this weather, one might skate in...

It's getting close - there was ice up the edges anywhere the water was still!
Although I've never yet managed to drag Sandemaniac to an ice rink...

Spent yesterday curled up with a miserable cold. Phoned in to tell work I wasn't fit to come in this morning either, and got told I sounded worse than yesterday so probably shouldn't be trying to come in anyway! Don't you just love bosses sometimes [Roll Eyes]

Feeling somewhat better, so about to put the kettle on. Tea/coffee/hot water/hot Ribena for anyone else?

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Poor you, CK. Have some Lem-sip or similar made palatable with lemon juice, Manuka honey and a wee drop of whisky.

We're sort of bracing ourselves at the moment for the blizzard that was supposed to start a couple of hours ago but hasn't. As D. said, it can go on not snowing as long as it likes.

What's the use of a blizzard at the week-end? And anyway, where the **** are we going to put another foot of snow?

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Damned if I know where to put another foot of snow. I haven't had that problem in recent memory.

[Yipee]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Erm, I think the best place is on top of the last lot.

Yup, that's me, always trying to be helpful.

--------------------

Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Snow is forecast here this afternoon, but only if we are high enough.

Previous experience has assured me we are High Enough for quite a lot of snow.

Being a weekend, the sledgers will be out in force once there's about a centimeter (half inch for our metrically-challenged friends! [Biased] )

I remember one snowy weekend the (then very small) grandsons came over, but all shops had sold out of sledges. So we dug out two big tins for roasting large turkeys in, and they went down the hill on those!

Ah, happy days!

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Frozen pipes.

Not happy - thought we'd got this problem sorted last winter...

Off to deal with them.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

No snow yet here, but I reckon it'll arrive earlier than expected - I'm guessing about lunchtime for this corner of the world.
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mad rush at the local shops this morning, as the snow started coming down at about 10 o'clock. I went out to stock up on milk and fresh fruit. Couldn't resist getting more bread, even though I have a (small) freezer full of the stuff because I'm supposed to be hosting a soup and rolls lunch tomorrow. I was guessing that that wouldn't happen, but it's stopped snowing now.

Not sure whether to be glad or sorry.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No snow yet here, but I bought a snow shovel this morning so I'm well prepared.

Mr Boogs set off for Mexico today, I'm joining him on Thursday.

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pipes unfrozen, and heating going again. I learnt the defrosting lessons well!

Now off to keep warm, and recover from all this activity on a Saturday. I need to conserve my energy for the Six Nations Rugby later on...

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Snowing here in a half hearted fashion - enough to stop us going out, but not enough to cause major problems yet.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Here we go - I think: we've been getting snow in instalments of 5 flakes a time. Another of the council's cutbacks, I suppose.
Ceannaideach
Shipmate
# 12007

- Posted      Profile for Ceannaideach   Email Ceannaideach   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The snow has started here, well I say snow it looks more like icing sugar at the moment. But either way I'm sat snug in front of an open fire. [Smile]

--------------------
"I dream of the day when I will learn to stop asking questions for which I will regret learning the answers." - Roy Greenhilt OOTS

Posts: 199 | From: Shakespeare's County | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
Snowing here in a half hearted fashion - enough to stop us going out, but not enough to cause major problems yet.

Its doing so here, I am below the Sheffield snow line where it does not normally settle, but it seems to be having a go. Question is do I need to be on standby for church. Worship will happen, but if there is snow in the morning a number of people won't make it including some elders. It is Communion Sunday.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  54  55  56 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016