homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Alaska, Hawaii, and the Lower Forty-Eight (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  23  24  25 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Alaska, Hawaii, and the Lower Forty-Eight
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Whee! New thread. Happy New Year!

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There's about nine hours left of this ole year. But I'll be in bed way before that happens!

I have my orange juice and champagne. Mimosas for my celebratory drink!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
love the new thread title! there's Marmot and I, oh! and the rest of you people, too... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Waves at Comet from the east side of the lower 48!

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My Honey and I plan to toast the New Year in with our friends on the East Coast. That means here on the West Coast we will say HAPPY NEW YEAR at 9PM, and then head off to bed. [Smile]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Watching the Chick-fil-A (Peach) Bowl and waiting for 2011 to get itself over with. It is half-time and UVA (One of the Gander's alma maters) is trailing Auburn 17-28.

I probably won't be able to stay awake till midnight, but I suspect 2012 will manage to get here without any encouragement from me.

Have a Happy 2012, y'all.

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy New Year from the middle of Michigan's mitten!

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And the same, from the other side of the Lake!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have little more than an hour left of 2011. Can't say I've loved all of it... But I can say the Lord has tried to keep kicking me back in line where I need to be. Bless His heart.

(see perfect illustration 6:36 and 9:00)

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy New Year from this great nation's capital.

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
New Year's Day! Football, inevitably. Saints are winning, mmmmn-hmmmn.

In the gigantical roaster: two half-Boston butts, surrounded by potatoes, carrots, celery, and a couple of huge green-onion-sausage-stuffed mushrooms, topped with fresh rosemary, a little fresh-ground sea salt, fine-ground black pepper, a splash of chicken stock.

It needs something, some final touch... Aha! That leftover half-glass of forgotten spiced rum! The FG had poured me a big ol' tall glass a while back, probably plotting to get me tipsy and have his way with me. I covered half of it, a good 6 ounces, and stuck it in the 'fridge. That'll do! Toss that in too!

On the stove: a huge fresh cabbage, a jade jewel in a nearby field a few days ago, simmered down to perfumed submission with a little seasoned pork; earthy creamy black-eyed peas; tender fluffy brown rice.

And now, a wordless prayer of gratitude to God, a wallowing in gleeful enjoyment, thanks for His provision of good food, for the plenty that will allow us to share it, and for the grace of a kitchen in which to artfully glorify it in His name:

Bwaahaaahaaaa*snort*haaahbwahahahaha

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
jj is secretly hoping that this year we can have more posts on this thread than the Oz-NZ folks do. They already have three times as many posts and it's only Jan. 1, for Pete's sake!

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
They just talk too much, clearly [Biased]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy New year from New York.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
jj is secretly hoping that this year we can have more posts on this thread than the Oz-NZ folks do. They already have three times as many posts and it's only Jan. 1, for Pete's sake!

Last year I began to post in January with the intention of chiming in regularly throughout the year, but I fell by the wayside. [Roll Eyes]

I must make amends...

Happy New Year, upper and lower states. Hoping it's the best one ever for all North American shipmates.

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Last year, for the first time ever, the Brit thread had more posts than the OZ-NZ thread - and it wasn't all about the weather!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Don't be a stranger, Scarlet! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I spent Christmas in Washington, DC with my daughter and her family.

My son-in-law was given a wonderful T shirt that said,

WANTED
DEAD OR ALIVE
SCHROEDINGER'S CAT

[Big Grin]

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Moo- I want that t-shirt! (Then I think about all the explaining I would have to do, and reconsider).

We spent a wonderful New Years morning in the duck blind. The weather was wonderful and the ducks and snow geese were flying like crazy early so we had a decent hunt. The only slight drawback was one of the guys hunting in the blind with us. It was like hunting with a very chatty, very inquisitive 5 year old. If we weren't actively calling or shooting, this guy yammered on and on asking inane questions until I longed for a large roll of duct tape seal his mouth. And they say women talk too much [Roll Eyes]

After a quick nap in the afternoon, I hit my deer stand for the last day of season, and while I didn't even see any deer, it was still wonderful sitting there in the quiet, watching the critters and birds and listening to the woods.

All in all a great start to 2012.

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy New Year, Shippies!

I like this take on the contained feline
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/womens/d415/?srp=4

[ 02. January 2012, 19:43: Message edited by: monkeylizard ]

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
somewhere around 10:30 pm NYE night our phone went dead. we were out watching fireworks. we've just had my neighbor the electrician in and it's fixed. looks like perhaps panicky animal got tangled in the wires and ripped the wall jack all wonky. made for a peaceful first few days of the new year.

twit critters.

they were really wigging out, though, so I guess it's not too surprising.

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Bess, when I used to go hunting, the number three rule (after gun safety and licensing) was everyone had to be quiet!!! We didn't want to scare dinner, now did we? [Biased]

--------------------

ebeth

Shipmate
# 4474

- Posted      Profile for ebeth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think I had my champagne toast around 10:30 and turned in a little while later-- it was midnight somewhere, right?

--------------------
"To eat bread without hope is still, slowly to starve to death." --Pearl S. Buck

Posts: 1486 | From: Here | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had a blast yesterday watching the Rose Bowl with my dad. I luuurrrve me those Oregon Ducks- the most entertaining football team (at least on offense) in the NCAA! Tricky little suckers, they are. [Two face]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rugasaw is going to end up functioning on less than 5 hours of sleep after staying up to watch the Fiesta Bowl last night. I took a "nap" during the game and really only saw overtime. I think I probably saw the best part of it. [Biased]

And we both go back to work today with kids. [Eek!]

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We took down the Christmas decorations while watching the Rose Bowl yesterday, and the house now has that quiet, somewhat relieved feeling it gets when the winter holiday season is well and truly over.

After weeks of unseasonably warm weather that has daffodils blooming and tree buds starting to swell, winter is rolling in with a vengeance. In the 20's (Fahrenheit) last night and they're forecasting teens tonight. I realize that comet would probably be walking around in shorts and a t-shirt in this weather, but it's pretty darn cold for here.

I worry about Brunhilde (my semiferal outside cat), but she has a heated bed in the garage and a very warm fur coat.

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have to ask: How can anyone take a bowl named "Chik-fil-a" seriously? Instead of being able to boast that one played in the Peach bowl, you have to say I played in the "chik-fil-a" bowl! [Roll Eyes]
My New Year's eve was quiet--I finished grades for a course teach online.

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by snowgoose:
In the 20's (Fahrenheit) last night and they're forecasting teens tonight. I realize that comet would probably be walking around in shorts and a t-shirt in this weather, but it's pretty darn cold for here.

I'm not quite that crazy, but I'd probably wear a lighter jacket.

it's currently a balmy 6 below here, after dropping to almost -30 the last two nights. yuck. yuck yuck. the only good thing about these temperatures is being able to claim you lived through it. otherwise, nothing works right, everything takes forever, and even in full-bundle you can't go for a walk without freezing your nose hairs.

however, after you've ht -30 a few times, when it gets above zero it feels FANTASTIC. that's when those crazy t-shirt and shorts moments happen.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

It has been nice here. Until today. This morning started at 51 degrees, which is OK. Then the sun came up. Then the temp went down to 48.

Tonight is supposed to be down to the upper 20s. [Disappointed]

Erin used to have choice things to say on this thread (from other years) about unreasonably cold, non-Florida type weather.

Thank goodness the weekend will have more typical temps for Paradise.

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our high temperature today was in the low 20s. Normally, it doesn't get that cold around here at night. Tomorrow it's supposed to get into the 30s, and it'll be in the 50s by Friday.

We got about a half-inch of snow, which was just enough to make everything slippery. Fortunately the sun melted a lot of it.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It has been beautiful here. BUT rain, snow, whatever we need moisture or we are going to be in big trouble next summer.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

quote:
Originally posted by Scarlet:
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
jj is secretly hoping that this year we can have more posts on this thread than the Oz-NZ folks do...

Last year I began to post in January with the intention of chiming in regularly throughout the year, but I fell by the wayside...
Hmmmn. Maybe I ought to try a-post-a-day, like the 365 pictures thingy people do.

Lord love me... will I have enough to say to do that?

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

My daughter's coming home tomorrow. She deferred her Christmas trip until this weekend. Of course most of it will be spent at a friend's wedding and related festivities, but she'll be here, sleeping under my roof and hanging around drinking coffee with her mom and just being here.

--------------------

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
comet - you mad me think of that great Calvin and Hobbes strip where Calvin walks outside, makes a face and says "Don't you hate it when your boogers freeze?" Ahhh, sweet childhood memories.

Bright sunshine and high thirties here. A simply beautiful day. The cats are outside alternately prowling around and basking on the back porch, loving this weather. They have both become quite the indoor/outdoor kitties. Hamish (my girl) ran out yesterday afternoon when Allen left to go hunting. One of his buddies stopped by while we were both out and it seems that Hamish marched up to him, meowed, and marched to the door waiting for him to let her back in. Of course he did, but she is quite a bossy little heifer sometimes.

I'm thinking of getting a cat flap for them but hubby is worried that small neighborhood dogs will also take advantage of our hospitality. Have any of y'all had uninvited guests come through a cat/dog door?

eta: hey comet - when is that movie coming out?

[ 04. January 2012, 15:05: Message edited by: BessHiggs ]

--------------------
formerly BessHiggs

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

quote:
Have any of y'all had uninvited guests come through a cat/dog door?
We're above the dog-door line here but a friend in CA once found an opossum in her kitchen, contentedly munching away at the kibble.

--------------------

snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
quote:
We're above the dog-door line here but a friend in CA once found an opossum in her kitchen, contentedly munching away at the kibble.
In our last house we had a cat door from the outside into our attached garage. We noticed that the cat food was disappearing rather quickly. Came home one night, opened the garage door, and there were two adorable little possums chowing down on the Meow Mix.

They didn't run away, didn't flop over and play dead, just looked at us and kept eating.

None of the neighborhood cats (except ours, of course) ever used the cat door, as far as I know, but Gus (our late lamented 24-lb hunka-hunka-burning-love tomcat) was quite strict about patrolling his territory. The other cats didn't dare mess with him. For some reason he didn't mind the possums, though.

That house had woods behind it but was in the suburbs. We have friends who live way out in the country and they have never had anything come through their dog door (which leads into the house) except their own dog. I guess the animals out there are not as comfortable around humans as the suburban ones, so are less likely to venture into a human building.

--------------------

Save a Siamese!

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by BessHiggs:
comet - you mad me think of that great Calvin and Hobbes strip where Calvin walks outside, makes a face and says "Don't you hate it when your boogers freeze?" Ahhh, sweet childhood memories.

had a moment like that about 45 minutes ago. blech. hand also stuck to the dog snap. had to pour coffee on it to get free.

grumblegrumblemumblebumble I think I'll move to Australia*.
quote:
eta: hey comet - when is that movie coming out?

World Premiere February 17th. I'm not sure if it will make a tour of horror flick geek festivals etc before going to DVD after that or what. I'll ask the director. he never checks his email but he's a FB blabbermouth so I can find him. there is a trailer, though! I'll try to find the link. I didn't make the cut for the trailer but two of my kids did, plus numerous good friends. it's funny. I don't think it's supposed to be, but it is!

*bonus points of you get the book reference.

--------------------

snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

I suspect you are referring to Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

I love that book.

--------------------

Save a Siamese!

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

[ALERT: probably not safe for work. or around small children or those with delicate constitutions or those eating lunch. we ARE still talking horror flick, here...]

for your viewing pleasure: Frost Bite trailer. the knockout who says "welcome to Frostbite, last town on earth"? That's my daughter and your fellow shipmate Chasee#1. (I make talented and purdiful babies) the slightly bored looking kid who's supposed to be all sad at his parents' funeral is Chasee#3, who inadvertently wound up being a bit of the star of the movie. way more talent then the rest of those hacks. [Biased]

also note - lady getting her face bit off is my closest local friend and workout buddy, currently living large in Antarctica, dangit. the guy with the wicked frying pan skills is another good friend, and owner of the yellow POS truck. (I told him, after this movie that bad boy will be worth HUNDREDS...) most of the zombies are all Chasee#2's classmates at the high school. groovy way to spend spring break!

further note - this takes place a year after the apocalypse. supposedly there's a few people left on earth. so note those heavily used snowmachine tracks Cassie is walking down at the beginning? nice, huh? I'm assuming the moose all took up snowmachining when the world came to an end. in the movie itself we have great battles in the grocery store, in front of the fresh meat and dairy sections. I die in front of a fully-stocked milk case. I love things like that. [Big Grin]

yes, I know the acting is horrible. those of us with actual training were given "character" parts, while those who were the right kind of cute or had martial arts training got the leads. not that I acted well in this, I sucked. but whatthehell. the exception to the above is Cheyenne - the tattooed screamy bad guy in the trailer. He's quite good. He and Chasee#3 bonded, which was good because he had to be terrifying to the little guy.

enjoy. or at least don't lose your lunch. this will probably be the only horror flick ever that my mother will attempt to watch.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by snowgoose:
I suspect you are referring to Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

I love that book.

heck yes, you win the prize! (whatever that is)

anything by Judith Viorst is golden. her poetry is amazing.

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

quote:
I'm thinking of getting a cat flap for them but hubby is worried that small neighborhood dogs will also take advantage of our hospitality. Have any of y'all had uninvited guests come through a cat/dog door?

There are ways of controlling what comes in a cat door. All you need is someone who understands image recognition algorithms, and can write a program that recognizes only your cats. [Biased]

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm wondering how long the fence will be up on our playground. We've had wonderful weather, but in December, due to the drought, we had a 40' deep hole appear on our field by the playground. (It went so far down we could see the sewer and water pipes) We still have a temporary fence around the area, but it looks like they have filled in the hole.

Is dirt supposed to cure? Or do you think they put cement down there??

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

quote:

Yup. Mom and Dad had a river otter trailing their cats into the house. He was happy to eat the kibble, too.

Of course, the cats also dragged critters into the house. Like five foot long black snakes. Things like that.

(You know a cat is proud when she has to figure out how to get a huge snake in through the cat door, and she does. She was not happy when the snake was taken back out.)

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
JB and I were going to the Fiesta Bowl until we found out how much the tickets were. We were glad we didn't (other than we are still a little sickly) because I would have choked the Stanford kicker, not once, but three times for missing field goals and losing the game. [Mad]

Our brother and sister were at the Rose Bowl Parade, and said it was AMAZING! I remember seeing the Parade years ago and just loving it.

Right now watching the Orange Bowl. I think I am reaching my football saturation point soon. [Help]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Pata, that is really scary!

--------------------

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

We are having to get new house insurance this year and just received a package of quotes from our trusty agent. A pain in the butt, but there is an upside. I got quite a chuckle over some of the special riders...for instance, we are now going to be covered if an airplane crashes into the house. And while I'm sure the "falling objects" clause referrs more to trees, I find it much more entertaining to picture meteorites or bits of out-dated space stations plummeting directly at my double-wide.

You gotta find your fun where you can [Big Grin]

Now that I think about it, I've got to go get some big pink curlers and a tube top so that if a chunk of old space junk does smash up my manufactured home, I can quickly slap my hair in curlers, put on the tube top, and light up a ciggie for my TV interview. One does need to keep up (redneck) appearances doncha know...

--------------------
formerly BessHiggs

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

don't forget the turquoise eyeshadow! I assume you have the obligatory truck up on blocks in the yard?

--------------------

Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If you mow your yard, and find a car
you might be a redneck.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Forty years ago on a warm summer night I left the kitchen door open while the cat was out. As I sat in the living room reading, I noticed the cat return and begin eating. I called a greeting to the kitty and it looked up - suddenly larger than I remembered our little black and white cat. So I put on my glasses and saw that it was the local skunk. I couldn't think of anything else to do, so I went back to reading. The "cat" went back to eating. Eventually it left, and I got up and closed the door.

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Campbellite:
If you mow your yard, and find a car
you might be a redneck.

Good one, Campbellite, yours is straight out of "Blue Collar Comedy", [Smile] but here are some truisms from me.

If you start to burn the pile of old dead branches and a snake and rabbits run out when you light up, you might be a redneck.

If you have a huge manure pile on your property, you might be a redneck

If you have a car on your property that is being used as an anchor for flood control, you might be a redneck.
[Killing me]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  23  24  25 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016