homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Alaska, Hawaii, and the Lower Forty-Eight (Page 13)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  23  24  25 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Alaska, Hawaii, and the Lower Forty-Eight
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
That has got to be the coolest post I have seen on this thread yet.

ditto!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And that's got to be the most open-ended post on the top of a page. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So Bess, did you desnake the TV? Personally, I think a shoot-em-up in the bar would be a great draw for the neighborhood. Well, assuming no damage would be done!
[Biased]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Get these mother*&^%ing snakes off my mother*&%^ing TV!" BLAM BLAM BLAM

[ 14. June 2012, 19:14: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The snake was finally removed thanks to the help of a customer who is much much braver than I am. It was about 5 feet long [Eek!] but "only a harmless chicken snake" and was set free to slither about doing snake-y things in the field behind the beer garden. I get that snakes keep vermin under control, but I would really rather that they did so out of my sight.

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It helps when you know your non-poisonous snakes as well. Gopher snake and garter snakes have my affection, rattlers sunning by the road have my long-distance respect.

Heck, I'm gonna share a story I shared on FB, in which Kelly tried to be a badass and was schooled by an 18 inch reptile:

quote:
My first job was at my church's preschool and there were lots of gopher snakes just like this one crawling around in the fields outside the fence. I have never really had a problem with snakes that I know to be non-poisonous (wanna freak me out? point me to a rattlesnake basking in the sun, like I saw at Crystal Springs a few months back. Anyway.)

So, at the preschool one afternoon, a gopher snake crawls through the yard, and the teachers begin freaking out, standing on benches, acting all female, etc. I am disgusted. I tell them they are being bad role models. I tell them the snake is a mere gopher snake, friend to gardeners, completely harmless. I finish my speech by picking the thing up by the tail and danging it in from of me, while the poor thing writhes in terror and waves its nose around.

Then I yelp and drop it.
Because it had just shat all over my hand.

They loved it, of course. "OK, Xena, what are you gonna do now?" (Wash my damn hand, grumble grumble.)

Later I said, "And Kelly learned a lesson about Pride that day..."

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Personally, I think a shoot-em-up in the bar would be a great draw for the neighborhood. Well, assuming no damage would be done!
[Biased]

Bess' shoot-em-ups are on Friday and Saturday nights. A shoot-em-up on a Wednesday would just be tacky. Everyone knows that.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As for snakes, I was canoeing the local river 2 weeks ago with my "little" from "Big Brothers Big Sisters". A city kid. He was enjoying the trip with one hand drifting beside the boat in the water. Then he spotted a snake in the river (a cottonmouth).

Him: "Uh....is that poisonous?"
Me: "No."
<<delay while his hand stayed in the water>>
Me: "It is venomous though."

That hand came back in the boat in a hurry and never went back in the water for the rest of the trip.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So, Kelly, was it you or your axe that scared the sh*t out of that poor snake? [Razz]

My cousin jumped into a local swimming hole that had a bunch of water moccasins in it. I am shuddering just typing that sentence. This was about forty years ago and it still gives me the heebie jeebies.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Now, that is just nucking futz.

--------------------

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hubby was a driving sports car though the mountains with the top down a number of years ago. He came around a curve in the road and there was an eagle with a snake in its claws. As he drove closer the eagle took of and flew over the car dropping the live snake on the hood, where it rolled up and hit the windshield. A few more seconds and it would have landed in the car.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
He screwed up, is why. He was supposed to follow it to found Mexico City or something.

Ahem.

Snake stories, yay. There's a place by Kern River where my family has gone camping lo these forty years. And during all these years we've been told to stay away from t'other side, as that's where the rattlesnakes live. So we did.

Last time we were there, we were fishing on the RIGHT side of the river when suddenly a blasted rattlesnake comes SWIMMING straight for Mr. Lamb. Who stood there going "Oh, how interesting," while everybody screamed for him to get the hell out of there.

How he survived re-education camp I'll never know.

I tell you this, swimming rattlesnakes make me reconsider tent camping at the Kern now. On either side.

[ 16. June 2012, 00:16: Message edited by: Lamb Chopped ]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thinking about snakes. My grandfather had a small reservoir on his land. One Saturday afternoon we my dad, a younger brother, and I were in a jon boat fishing. While we were headed back to a small wooden dock we saw a cotton mouth swimming along some 15 to 20 yards from the boat. My dad got the wonderful idea to cast over the snake and hook it*. As we get to the dock my dad hands the rod with snake still hooked to my older brother who is standing above us on the dock and he attempts to step off the boat up to the dock. In mid step the boat slides away from the dock and my dad goes into the water. My brother takes it over to the bank where he tries to figure out how to kill the thing. In the mean time this dachshund we had decide to take matters in his own hands/jaws and snatch up the snake and run off into the woods with it. The dog made it back having not been bitten, no idea how the snake made out.

*sadly this was not the first nor the last example that I was given on how alcohol and the great outdoors do not mix.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No snake stories but just popping in to update on the anoles, who are doing fine, and have been named Hide and Seek.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Snakes alive, rugasaw! Sometimes I wonder how we all manage to live past the age of ten.

I was walking behind my parents' home and went to check the neighbors' yard since they weren't home and had asked us to keep an eye on the place. Nothing was out of place, except for the water moccasin that I couldn't see in the longish grass and stepped on! Thank goodness it made a beeline to the canal as I jumped the opposite direction!

Yuck.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
He screwed up, is why. He was supposed to follow it to found Mexico City or something.

[Killing me] [Overused]

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The last time I did community theater down home, before the years up in Iowa during the Oil Bust, I met a guy who had a lovely palomino-pale python. I played with it a couple times. It used to like to crawl up my arm, thread itself through my hair and drape itself across my shoulders like a cape. Maybe it was cold.

Yeah, I know, a pet's no rattler, but I thought I'd toss the tale into the pot to freak out the snake-fearers. [Razz]

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
and you all wonder why I live in this crazy cold, damp, wild place.

no goddamn snakes. that's why.

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:

You're in Ireland??

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Janine that reminds me of an article about the movie From Dusk Til Dawn. The journalist had the belief that you could split the movie into two parts. The first part ending at the snake scene and the second beginning at the snake scene. Either way the snake scene must be included.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

[Big Grin] the thing about Salma Hayak---well, one thing, anyway-- is she has attitude.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by comet:

You're in Ireland??
no, we also still have trees. [Biased]

--------------------

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Comet are you perhaps getting Ireland(and thats just in the North) mixed up with Orkney?

My guess although I can't establish it for certain is that in St Patrick's day large swathes of Ireland was forrested with as part of the Great Wood of Caledon.

Jengie

[ 17. June 2012, 10:00: Message edited by: Jengie Jon ]

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
According to Beckett's History of Modern Ireland, the trees in Ireland were cut down in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries to make barrel staves.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I ran over and killed a cat on the highway this morning. I felt really bad, but there was a car right behind me and on coming traffic. No place to go, when the cat ran across the road. What made it worse is he/she was the same color as my own cat. Sad day.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That is sad, Graven Image. I may be strange, but a possum or 'coon or other wild critter dead in the road doesn't phase me a bit, but a cat or dog always amakes me sad thinking that someone is missing it. At least you care that it happened. Some buttholes don't even blink an eye.

--------------------
formerly BessHiggs

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I saw a deer in my yard this afternoon! It is quite common to see them in the less built-up areas a few miles from here, but I never heard of one so close to downtown.

Fortunately, it didn't appear interested in any of my plants.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I finally cleaned out the patio. Full of the Magician's clutter-stuff and he puts out nuts for squirrels. Since he and the Girl left for about 2 weeks, he left a till full in a glass vase. I chose to overlook this trainwreck on my patio (ah, the things you do for love) but it kept invading my thoughts, especially at night. So I cleared out the clutter, put the nuts into one of the various yogurt containers he would fuss over my tossing out, and swept the area. I also made some trips to the trash bins and the recycle. I have one more trip and then my work is done there for a bit. I now can sleep better at night. It looks now like somebody actually cares. If I left him have his way, this whole condo would look like a science experiment. <3

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Graven Image:
I ran over and killed a cat on the highway this morning. I felt really bad, but there was a car right behind me and on coming traffic. No place to go, when the cat ran across the road. What made it worse is he/she was the same color as my own cat. Sad day.

Jeez, that sucks. You must be really shook up.

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You know what's even worse? It's when you do have room to shift the car, but either the critter shifts to meet you at the last minute, or else you're not accustomed to aiming your tires, so you accidentally hit him anyway. Sometimes it works out, though:

On my way to work one morning a few weeks ago, the two-lane parish one-way I reach as I leave my subdivision was getting some roadwork done. That, and the light was in my favor. So, when a great big ol' turtle, big as a hubcap almost, and not a familiar type, was crossing the road, I had a moment to stop right before I'd have hit her, right there in the middle of the lane.

Ahead of me, another vehicle also had stopped. It was a big ol' full size conversion van. Out popped two "little old ladies" -- I "quoted" it like that as a reminder to myself that I'm almost 50 years old, those ladies aren't so very much older than I.

The ladies, little gray-haired grandma types, identical twins(!), dressed alike (!!), popped out of the van and trotted over to my vehicle. The turtle meanwhile had scooted under my car to hide. The ladies peeped at the turtle, told me I could roll forward safely, then when they could reach her they grabbed her up and popped her into the van, and waved me merrily on my way.

The traffic behind me had only been delayed by all this about 20 seconds, so there were no complaints.

Now, whether the Grannies wanted to save the turtle from a crushing death on the road, or whether they wanted to eat her, I dunno. I didn't ask. It was a surreal moment.

--------------------

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have rescue turtle sat (in her box) next to me. I got worryingly worried about the turtle in that story.

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

Glad to say the cat was the only thing I ever hit. Feel better about it today and glad I did not try some fancy driving and hurt myself or someone else. How I have missed deer living where I do is a wonder. They stand my the side of the road watching you and then just as you get were they are they run across. I think it must be some test to become a deer gang member. So far I have managed to miss a number of deer, a wild pig, a mountain lion, and a very large snake. And people say the LA Freeways are scary to drive on.
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Graven Image:
I think it must be some test to become a deer gang member.

[Killing me]
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Heat here, in the 90s or higher the next few days. Thank goodness for air conditioning! The city has declared a heat emergency for today and the next two days.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

Still hitting high 80s / middle 90s daily down home -- intermittent rain, not yet really into the pattern of daily afternoon showers drawn up from the Gulf of Mexico -- Kind of a steambath effect. [Smile]

I, OTOH, have a couple more days to enjoy the same temps but with extremely low humidity here in New Mexico.

The first thing one notices upon getting off the plane in New Orleans -- the day wraps herself around your face and head like a barber's steamed towel.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Janine:
quote:
...the day wraps herself around your face and head like a barber's steamed towel.
Great description! I'm glad I visited in October. [Big Grin]

In the book Red Sky at Morning, the story of a Southern teenager who moves with his mom to New Mexico during WWII, there is one scene where the local Bohemian takes in a new artist's model, hot off the bus from New Orleans. (A perfect model, in fact, having a great bod and a low thyroid that sends her off to sleep in any pose that she is set in.) She says that she had to leave Louisiana because she had a constant sensation of drowning. [Snigger]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

Been there! Football God feels that way frequently, too.

--------------------

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My former colleagues at the Port of NoLa told me that October was usually a good month to visit.

I am contemplating a short visit in mid-Carnaval season, if the lodging isn't too dear. I presume February won't be too bad, either [Biased] .

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

No, should be good.

Let me know when you might be able to do dinner or something. Hopefully I'd be able to get to the city & see you!

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by Janine:
...the day wraps herself around your face and head like a barber's steamed towel.

Our weather folk call it "air you can wear". Yup. We're back to hot and steamy instead of hot and pleasant.

--------------------

PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And I'm thinking of visiting in July...oy....

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK, that was weird.

As I was taking the trash to the curb (today is our pick-up day) I spotted a rabbit sitting in the middle of the nearby intersection. Right in the middle of the road.

He (I am guessing "he", but I don't know that. I suspect a doe would have more sense) came up the middle of the road, then crossed from one side to the other (twice!) before coming straight toward me, and then he ran (not hopped, RAN!) along the sidewalk.

Not once did he set paw on the grass.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

You're being watched. [Big Grin]

(oh and Hey! Today's our pick-up day, too!)

[ 21. June 2012, 14:06: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

Anyone coming to New Orleans area, if you will have a Saturday to sight-see or time for brunch or lunch, whatever rolls along -- let me know! I would like to see y'all.

--------------------

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

This talk of garbage pick-up brings to mind a buddy of mine who, bless his heart, means well. I had mentioned several months ago that my recliner was in sad shape and I was going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new one. My friend has left multiple voice mail messages for me since this conversation telling me where I can find abandonded furniture on the side of the road. Now, I have nothing against picking stuff up from the side of the road, but this man seems to be on a mission to find me a free chair. I actually stopped to look a the last one he called me about, but the strange random stains kind of freaked me out and I left it laying there for some other lucky person [Biased]

--------------------
formerly BessHiggs

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Forgive me, please, for venturing into your territory.

I am curious to know whether or not anyone has personal experience of Kenneth Hagin Ministries? website here If so, please pm. It may be worthy of a thread but doesn't seem to be as yet. Many thanks.

<Lily Pad backs out of the room and carefully makes her way back to her side of the border.>

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

You haven't figured out yet that an American thread would tend to sweep you up in its wake as a beloved visitor? [Smile]

I don't thrill to Hagin's type of preaching, but I know it takes all flavors to get the message across. You have a praise? A problem? What gives?

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by PataLeBon:

Florida? Or Janine's neck of the woods? (Hoping to hear that you're coming here!) (And not when I'm gallivanting!)

--------------------

PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
quote:
Originally posted by PataLeBon:

Florida? Or Janine's neck of the woods? (Hoping to hear that you're coming here!) (And not when I'm gallivanting!)
Janine's neck of the woods is the thought...Florida might be possible sometime as we now have family that moved that way.

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
JB walked into the garage and saw our local black snake, so he shoed him out. We don't have any mice this year, so I'm thinking the snake has taken care of the little critters. [Snigger]

A couple of years ago, I took photos of the snakes mating and invited the neighbors. JB says I'm a snake voyeur [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  23  24  25 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016