homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Alaska, Hawaii, and the Lower Forty-Eight (Page 22)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Alaska, Hawaii, and the Lower Forty-Eight
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry to hear the news Bess Higgs. May you have many good memories to treasure.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by basso:
It's the anniversary of Loma Prieta. I was at Candlestick Park. A night I'll never forget!

I'd bet! Every little tremor makes me stop and wonder whether it is going to get stronger.

It's good to see you here again. I hope things are going well, Basso. [Smile]

And sorry for your loss, Bess. My kitty is getting to be an oldie and I treasure my time with him.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I hope you don't mind me intruding for a moment to ask a favour...

A couple of years ago, some US Shippies were kind enough to help me out with an American character in a translation I was working on. I'm now doing another set largely in the US and I'm sure I'm using lots of British words.

Once again I'd be hugely grateful to anyone with the time and patience to read through it as I go and help me weed out anything that doesn't fit. A lot is set in Texas, but there are characters from all over the place.

It's rather a long book, a political thriller, so if that's your kind of thing and you have the time for reading, please PM me! Thanks.

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We are having a Bee-YOO-teeful day! It's about time! One gets very tired of 92 degree days and 98% humidity for months on end. It is now only 81 out! Not a cloud in the sky!

Of course, we will be back to normal Tuesday. So, we will enjoy it all the more today. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Spent the day with Grandchildren. We had a great time doing all kinds of things. Kids left and grandmother sat in the chair and had not one but two glasses of wine. I love them all but I can understand why women don't have children in their 60s.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rollercoaster day:
  • Weeded the yard
  • Went with friend to a beautiful rendition of the German Requiem [Angel]
  • Split a delicious spicy chicken Alfredo pizza with same friend [Big Grin]
  • Left credit card at the restaurant- thirty miles from home [Ultra confused]
  • Drove back towards restaurant only to hit a road divider almost invisible in the dark. And flattened a tire [Waterworks]
  • Called same friend to stay with me in the dark until road service came [Help]
  • Road service came, but whoever sent him out forgot to give him the key to the truck's toolbox. So he had to use my crappy jack and his own general wrench set [brick wall]
  • Drove home thirty miles going fifty miles per hour to spare the donut spare [Disappointed]
  • Now [Snore]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Graven Image:
Spent the day with Grandchildren. We had a great time doing all kinds of things. Kids left and grandmother sat in the chair and had not one but two glasses of wine. I love them all but I can understand why women don't have children in their 60s.

There was a wonderful commercial on TV back in the '90s. An older black woman told about how much she enjoyed her grandchildren's visits and about all the things they did together.

The commercial ends with her saying, "And after they've given me all that joy--they go home again!" "...they go home again" is spoken with tremendous pleasure.

When our children were small, my husband and I used to say that the problem with kids is that they don't have an on/off switch. Having grandkids is like having kids with an on/off switch.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Had a splendid, peaceful afternoon yesterday at St Luke's Episcopal Church in Evanston, as they celebrated their Skinner Op. 327 organ's 90th birthday (on St Luke's feast day). Each of the organists from the ten churches in our deanery performed a piece of his/her choosing followed by a hymn. So not only a superb concert but many of my favorite hymns to sing (in a very large gathering of musically-inclined people, so we had some good singing going on!). Most of the pieces were classical/liturgical, but one organist performed something called "The Rolling Avocado Rag" which made that magnificent organ sound like a calliope and made everyone giggle.

eta: Here it is, for your musical enjoyment. I wonder if Mr. Skinner was turning in his grave, or maybe giggling in heaven?

[ 22. October 2012, 15:34: Message edited by: Mamacita ]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
it's a whopping THREE degrees this morning.

I love alaska. I love alaska. I love alaska....

grr.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lady A

Narnian Lady
# 3126

- Posted      Profile for Lady A   Author's homepage   Email Lady A   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mamacita, that was so much fun! Had a run in with a student yesterday, I ended up getting slammed into a door (student pushed me hard) and got a good bump on my head and a tiny bruise under my eye. Much kudos to my coworkers who ran the student down, brought me an ice pack and made sure I was all right. That has never happened in my 15 years of working in the schools! Student had some huge issues (I didn't know about at the time) and I was just looking for some respect from her (I was a 'F**** B***!'), took her into the office of one of our admins where she exploded and I happened to be between her and the door. There were at least about 6 times in our interaction where if she'd backed down a bit and said she was sorry, it wouldn't have happened. *sigh* She got arrested and I got a ton of paperwork to fill out and a visit to the doctor for documentation. Today though was boring in comparision, I liked it!
Posts: 2545 | From: The Lion's Mane, Narnia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lady A, may you lead an uninteresting life. I know at school I sometimes wish my life was half as interesting.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for teachers, librarians, teachers' aides, and all who help our children and youth learn -- especially the troubled ones

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen to that [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Panda attack! I was dawdling about sharing it here and then ended up using it in Hell, so for those of you smartly avoiding the nether regions, here's yours truly in the giant panda suit.

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You look so warm and cozy!

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Not to mention adorable.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh you sexy beast!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

Great Choice. [Overused]
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I want one of those panda suits so very very badly.

Woke up this morning to a cold, windy, rainy day. That was expected. However, I did not expect to discover a new leak in the roof. There is a cold drip of rain water falling in my bathroom. Right where it hits my left shoulder as I sit on the john. Now that will wake you up in a hurry if your are not expecting it. [Eek!]

[ 26. October 2012, 13:14: Message edited by: BessHiggs ]

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm watching the weather forecast with interest. Hurricane Sandy and a cold front are supposed to collide somewhere northeast of here. The results should be interesting.

The worst problem here will probably be the wind. It's quite windy here all the time because we are on the eastern watershed divide. When you add storm winds to that, quite a few limbs and whole trees will probably fall.

One thing that makes it not quite so bad is that the leaves are just about ready to fall. I expect the trees to get stripped. That's not so bad as having the limbs break because the leaves wouldn't let go.

I understand that further east where the leaves are still holding on tight, the damage will be very extensive.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Comet! Cute, cute, cute!!

We are really far away from H Sandy. Even so, the winds have been pretty brisk today. Brisk like in if you don't weigh 100 pounds, you will be knocked over.
Many prayers for those in the path of Frankenstorm. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Frown]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here in the Tidewater VA area we are expecting unpleasant amounts of wind and rain, and are hoping the power doesn't go out. Across the river in Norfolk they are sending the Atlantic Fleet out to sea, which not only costs vast amounts of (taxpayers') money, but means that all the personnel serving in those ships will not be there to help their families during the storm.

The further north Sandy makes landfall the better it will be for us here, but probably worse overall. It is harder to deal with power outages when the temperature is below freezing, which we don't have to worry about. So here's hoping and praying that Sandy fizzles and causes minimal damage no matter where she lands.

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
Panda attack! I was dawdling about sharing it here and then ended up using it in Hell, so for those of you smartly avoiding the nether regions, here's yours truly in the giant panda suit.

If all pandas looked like that, they wouldn't have so much trouble breeding.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

why, Mr. Obscure, if I didn't know better I'd suspect you of a marsupial fetish. [Biased]

I want so badly to make jokes about my cute little tail but they all sound so... trashy.

I am a classy panda, dammit.

so all your Easterners - batten down the hatches, willya? looks like a doozy. no thrill seeking or other risky behavior because I have enough to worry about!

seriously, hang tough, We're all hoping for the best possible outcome.

--------------------

snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Moo, I hope it is not too cold where you are. They were saying Sandy could bring large amounts of snow in parts of Virginia.

It looks like we should not have too much damage here. God help the folks in NYC. Let's hope the tides come at times that minimize storm surge.

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

According to the forecast it will get much colder, but it's been very warm lately. The first predicted below-freezing temperature of the season isn't supposed to happen until Wednesday morning.

Right now they are calling for only an inch of snow in the New River Valley. I live at an elevation of 2100 feet.

I think what will be bad is the wind. I plan to park my car in a place where it is least likely to get hit by a falling tree limb.

Moo

[ 27. October 2012, 21:09: Message edited by: Moo ]

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Getting a bit nervous here in NYC over Sandy. made sure we had food and candles. But the big worry is that, being in a basement apartment as I am, the drain outside the front door may clog and we'll flood. My daughter thinks we should get a sandbag for the door.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jeez, it's going as far inland as Charleston?

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Shit, my Nana's in Rhode Island.

--------------------

Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all you guys who might be affected! take care of yourselves and no risk taking, right?

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Freddy
Shipmate
# 365

- Posted      Profile for Freddy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dormouse:
[Votive] for all you guys who might be affected! take care of yourselves and no risk taking, right?

Thank you!

--------------------
"Consequently nothing is of greater importance to a person than knowing what the truth is." Swedenborg

Posts: 12845 | From: Bryn Athyn | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Jeez, it's going as far inland as Charleston?

There are two storms which will meet up. In addition to the hurricane there is a cold front approaching from the west. The collision of warm and cold air is what will make this a Frankenstorm.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I told Marmot last night, "Jeez, our continent is like a frat boy after a kegger tonight-- distress at both ends. [Frown] "

--------------------

snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

Nicole, please be careful. I don't know what the flood risk is where you live, but believe me, when things start to flood, they flood fast. If you are told to evacuate from low-lying places, please take it seriously. Usually during bad storms (at least hereabouts) they have shelters set up in churches, schools, etc. for folks who are in danger.

--------------------

Save a Siamese!

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

We aren't in an evacuation zone, thankfully, we're fairly well inland as NYC goes. It's the rain that'll be the worry. We'll have to see how it goes.

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

Here is a satellite photo that shows the hurricane in the center and the approaching cold front on the left.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

that's ginormous.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Hang tight! [Eek!] [Votive]

--------------------

Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thinking of all of you who might be affected. Stay safe. [Votive]
Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

The wind is supposed to rise this afternoon. I think there were a few snowflakes when I went out to get the paper this morning; it was dark, so I'm not sure.

They are predicting heavy snow for elevations above 3000 feet. Fortunately, I'm at 2100.

I am preparing for power loss by putting cheese and fruit in a box on my porch. That won't be quite as cold as my fridge, but it should do. The food in my fridge should keep at least two days if I don't open the door.

saysay, I understand that it will make landfall in Delaware. I hope you get along okay.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ms Miffy's currently in NYC, emailed this morning to assure us she's in a low-risk area and not to worry. Unfortunately, she's omitted to say exactly where. Still, she's with friends and I'm sure we can trust them to be as mindful of their safety as is possible.
Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I saw a map yesterday that showed the "possible" power outages as far in as me here in Nashville. It has been revised slightly, but still encompasses Chicago.

Map here

[ 12. November 2012, 19:37: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That looks a massive problem!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

Wow! According to the barometer app on my phone, and backed up by the quite accurate ship's barometer in the house, the pressure here in this room has dropped, fairly quickly, to 990 millibars (29.23 inches), which according to my seafaring husband, is Pretty Damn Low. No trees down so far, but they are leaning enough to be brushing against the house, which sounds pretty scary but isn't really a big deal.

The problem with this storm that it's not only a frankenstorm, it's also a zombie: The Thing That Wouldn't Die. I wish Sandy would just take her fat butt offshore and Go Away!

Moo, I hope you don't get snow.

--------------------

Save a Siamese!

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

My work is closed today and tomorrow, so since I took Wednesday through Friday off anyway, coincidentally I have a weeks vacation now. Now as long as the apartment doesn't flood I'll be doing OK. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Will be thinking of you all. Please do check in when you can and let us know how things are going.

Nicolemr - sorry you don't have better weather for your week off!

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for those in the path of Sandy.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by snowgoose:
Wow! According to the barometer app on my phone, and backed up by the quite accurate ship's barometer in the house, the pressure here in this room has dropped, fairly quickly, to 990 millibars (29.23 inches), which according to my seafaring husband, is Pretty Damn Low.

[Eek!]

yes. Seafaring Husband is right. holy crap!

--------------------

Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

- Posted      Profile for Josephine   Author's homepage   Email Josephine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
quote:
Originally posted by snowgoose:
Wow! According to the barometer app on my phone, and backed up by the quite accurate ship's barometer in the house, the pressure here in this room has dropped, fairly quickly, to 990 millibars (29.23 inches), which according to my seafaring husband, is Pretty Damn Low.

[Eek!]

yes. Seafaring Husband is right. holy crap!

According to CNN, the pressure is now 940 mb and still falling.

--------------------
I've written a book! Catherine's Pascha: A celebration of Easter in the Orthodox Church. It's a lovely book for children. Take a look!

Posts: 10273 | From: Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

quote:
Originally posted by Josephine:
According to CNN, the pressure is now 940 mb and still falling.

But we are almost 200 miles away from the center of the storm, and it is now 984 mb here. It is mind-boggling how immense and how strong this storm is.

--------------------

Save a Siamese!

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016