homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Alaska, Hawaii, and the Lower Forty-Eight (Page 23)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Alaska, Hawaii, and the Lower Forty-Eight
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by monkeylizard:
I saw a map yesterday that showed the "possible" power outages as far in as me here in Nashville. It has been revised slightly, but still encompasses Chicago.

Map here

I am in the 'likely' zone.

Moo

[ 12. November 2012, 19:41: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reporting in from York PA., not a Hurry-cane target, usually. Sandy is moving along at a pretty good clip, which is good. At first 'they' said it would stall over PA.

So far it's been not much more than a normal fall wind/rain storm. But now the wind is getting up in bursts. And, gads it is cold! My only concern is all the trees that would take down the power lines. Mysterious to me how we cannot conquer that problem.

Bright note: Mr. Wren is right out back, all day, calling and chirping. He's annoyed, LOL.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rain and wind here. Not too bad so far.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Clueless question: What does it feel like when the barometric pressure goes so low? Do your ears pop? (In my defense, barometric pressure isn't even reported here in SoCal. At least, I don't think it is; I don't pay a lot of attention to the superannuated frat boys and bimbos who tell us about the weather on the local news. 94% of the time we can predict tomorrow's weather by looking out the window today.)
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
They have issued a blizzard warning for Charlottesville, VA .

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've never felt my ears pop - isn't that more of a lower pressure thing? I don't really remember feeling anything in big storms (except perhaps a deep sense of impending doom...) I know arthritic types get bad achy joints and it triggers migraine in some people. Anxiety disorder/panic attack folks supposedly can be triggered by a big pressure drop but I never noticed a difference.

As far as I can remember, though, I don't think I've been in anything in the 980/990 mb range. At least while I paid attention. I was in a huge storm on the slope in '89 that may well have approached that; it was a monster. otherwise, the storm pressures I remember off the top of my head that I've been around (while on the coast) peaked out somewhere in the high 800s. I'll have to check on that.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
As far as I can remember, though, I don't think I've been in anything in the 980/990 mb range.
scratch that - apparently the winter I spent on the slope I was in higher than 900 millibars pretty regularly.

it's a whole different world up there.

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ruth, your ears don't pop specifically because the pressure is low. It's the pressure gradient that does that, not the pressure itself.

If you live at a high altitude the barometric pressure will be lower than it is at sea level. (Though barometric pressure readings in high-altitude cities are usually normalized to sea level equivalents.) In fact, altimeters used by airplane pilots are essentially barometers.

If the air pressure around you drops suddenly, the pressure inside your ear canals has not had time to keep up, so you feel a *pop* as the pressure behind your eardrums equalizes with the pressure outside.

The pressure drop that comes with a storm can make my back ache (or cause similar problems to folks with arthritis) and makes me sort of antsy, but the cats feel it more than I do. My outside cat went into her den in the garage on Thursday, before the weather got bad, and has been there ever since. The other cats are velcro-ed to our laps or hiding out under blankets.

[ 29. October 2012, 23:13: Message edited by: snowgoose ]

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
Clueless question: What does it feel like when the barometric pressure goes so low? Do your ears pop? (In my defense, barometric pressure isn't even reported here in SoCal. At least, I don't think it is; I don't pay a lot of attention to the superannuated frat boys and bimbos who tell us about the weather on the local news. 94% of the time we can predict tomorrow's weather by looking out the window today.)

That's the nice thing about living on the coast. Clouds tell you a lot. The quality of the fog says a lot, too.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Clueless question: What does it feel like when the barometric pressure goes so low?

My sinuses give me fits when the barometric pressure is really low. It feels almost like a vacuum is pulling air out of them, which also causes my teeth to ache. D-U will normally get migraine. Like snowgoose said, it can cause an antsy (or irritable) feeling. Definitely another reason to dislike storms.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

Happy Halloween! plans are completely nuts in this town, as usual. Carnival at the school, trick or treating, big community party at one of our actor's houses (he's obsessive with the holiday), big spook house at the Roadhouse, and then a dance for the grown-ups that I was going to skip but now a friend from out of town who is coming up for the night is putting on the pressure... ugh.

and there will be bonfires all over the place and hot drinks and and and.... this town takes Halloween seriously.

So today is a total break from concerns about calories or whatever and I'm going to be exhausted but it will be great fun. I already costumed up the boys (after working all night, haven't really slept yet) before school.

Hope you all have a great time, even if storm recovery means no general celebration I hope it is at least mellow and positive.

--------------------

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Passed a group of pre-school 3 and 4 years old out for a stroll in their costumes this morning. Adorable. A lot of pirates and fairy princesses, and one Panda just like Comet. : ) Rain here tonight and we live on a long hill so looks like Mr Image will be eating a lot of left over candy.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

I. Am. So. Tired.

just sent the girl off in a cab to go dance the night away 'cause her old mama is Halloweened out. few bonfires due to a lot of wind, (though I still managed to burn my boot trying to stoke a fire with my toe. Why do I do that???) but good fun and great costumes all around and at one point a bizarre costumed conga line that seemed to go on forever. I have eaten more food made to look like eyeballs and spiders than one should ever do in a lifetime. I have also had more people compliment my cute tail than is really decent. [Biased]

over all, a blast. my poor little one is so tuckered out he got weepy just from the sheer chaos.

quote:
Originally posted by Graven Image:
A lot of pirates and fairy princesses, and one Panda just like Comet. : )

oh man! So while I was at the carnival, this little panda walked by with his mama - he was probably in the 3 year old range. cute as hell. I saw him and said something like, "My panda bro! high five, little buddy!" and he looked at me as if he wasn't sure if I might eat him. Oh well! one of the teachers walked by and accused me of being a ferocious bamboo eater. [Big Grin]

The costumes at the school were so cute, and almost all homemade. it was squee paradise. there was this little dragon - again, probably 3 or 4, with a 5 foot long tail that he could barely maneuver. and he was trying out the climbing wall. so dang cute.

OMG going to grab my book and probably fall asleep in the first paragraph.

--------------------

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've just gotta say I love living somewhere that folks look out for one another (i.e., not some giant city). Our dog got out of his pen sometime today and went visiting the neighbors who live about 1/2 mile away. Well, with both of our crazy work schedules, they almost never see us so they were worried something bad had happened and called the sherrif to come check on us.

Very freaky to get a call from a friend who was just passing the house saying that the sherrif's dept was there, but kind of nice to know that if something awful happened, someone would check on us.

In other news, Berg, the new kitten is completely deaf. Spunky as all get out but can't hear a thing. And she is wearing Squeak, the Fuzzy Terrorist out! They were playing Chase-Me-Chase-You yesterday and she pounced on his back and rode him like a pony. Just like he used to do to my big kitty Quartermaine. She's all of about 3 lbs to his 8.5 and she's already got him wrapped around her little paw.

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

I have already voted. I feel very virtuous.

Actually, I went early to avoid the long line snaking across the parking lot. There were only about twelve people ahead of me, and there was plenty of room inside the building.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Two of my daytime regulars have a bet on the outcome of the election. Money will change hands, of course, but in a added twist the loser of the bet has to leave a sign for the winner's candidate in their front yard for 30 days. This could be some good entertainment.

Many of my daytime crew seem to want to make bets on just about everything. I joked with them that I was either going to start a Gamblers Anonymous chapter at the bar, or start running book myself, so as least I could get a little piece of the action.

--------------------
formerly BessHiggs

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bess: Do both!

It took 25 minutes for me to vote this morning; the line wasn't that long, but the poll workers weren't working quickly or efficiently. Ah well, they'll probably get the hang of it as the day goes on.

What are folks doing tonight? I'll be at some friends' place -- one of them already did the Trader Joe's run so we'll have food, and I'm bringing wine. Possibly lots of wine, depending on what the news reports are saying when I leave work at 5 pm west coast time.

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here's a slice of home. I grew up in Mill Valley, just below Mt. Tamalpais. I've wanted for years to get into the Gardner Lookout, just to look around. To spend the night there would be a dream.

The mountain is my place to find heaven on earth. Best hiking up Cascade Trail to the peak, just after a rainstorm. The views from the summit of the fog pouring over the ridge will be familiar to anybody who's lived in the Bay Area. I'm all sniffly now.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gander is going to pick up Chinese food on the way home from work. Then we'll sit and obsess over the election returns. We'll be up later (local time) than y'all on the West Coast because of the time difference, so there will be a lot of bleary-eyed people driving to work tomorrow.

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
What are folks doing tonight? I'll be at some friends' place -- one of them already did the Trader Joe's run so we'll have food, and I'm bringing wine. Possibly lots of wine, depending on what the news reports are saying when I leave work at 5 pm west coast time.

I'm sitting here in my sweats feeling moderately guilty about not going to the ecumenical Election Night Communion service where a friend is preaching. I should go, but honestly, I'm feeling far too stressed and partisan to be able to do the unity thing right now (which is awful, but I am chief among sinners). I'm going to drink wine, check FB, and knit while watching TV with the hubbycita. I bought one of those one-person bottles of champagne (hubby doesn't drink) which I hope to break out at the end of the night.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm not even turning the TV on tonight. I'll just pray a lot, and go to bed.

S-i-L got in line to vote at 3:30 and D-U joined him after she got off work. About 9:15 she called saying they had just finished voting, but the bad thing was that they had gone to the wrong precinct! The folks there gave them a pass to go to the correct polling place, which would get them to the front of that line. There were only two people in line there.

BTW, the folks that were in line at the first polling place will have a seven-hour wait. There are hundreds of people, and only one scanner. That was the same story I heard from a lot of folks today. Is that happening in other states, too?

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

in and out in 15, but we're a small town and I went in before the end-of-day rush.

tonight I'm supposed to go to a line-priactice session with my actors at the bar, but when I scheduled it I forgot about elections. the TV will certainly be on. I might send my stage manager as proxy and stay home. I've discovered that with my newfound anxiety disorder, televised election coverage freaks me right out. I'm officially in hiding.

--------------------

JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
I'm officially in hiding.

So is Motherboard.

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So much for my plans to knit tonight. I put the scarf project down two weeks ago and now I can't remember the pattern. I got the pattern on the internet, it was very simple, and I didn't bother to write it down. What an eedjit I am. I'm hoping to take this half-completed scarf to the yarn shop tomorrow and see if some nice lady will help me figure out the pattern. The odd row is K3P3 but I can't figure out the even row.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We vote by mail in Oregon, so I did it a week ago. Mostly relief. It's hard to feel ecstatic, regardless of politics, because we lost a pet last night--our 19-year-old cat Cinco died peacefully in her sleep.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Oh, sad. I'm sorry for your loss, Timothy. I know that hurts. How fortunate that Cinco was able to go peacefully and to have had a long life with loving owners.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen to that.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Yipee] Yay!
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

A good day, beginning with a restful sleep after Obama's great speech and ending with a glorious celebration of our new rector's installation. In-between, I got to the yarn shop and they were able figure out the rest of my knitting pattern for me!

--------------------

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

I am instituting a "No Politics After 4PM" rule. Drunk idiots should talk about sports and hot chicks, not subtle nuances of constitutional law. My ears are bleeding and I'm actually really terrified by the fact that these bozos get to vote. [Disappointed]

--------------------
formerly BessHiggs

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by BessHiggs:
I am instituting a "No Politics After 4PM" rule. Drunk idiots should talk about sports and hot chicks, not subtle nuances of constitutional law. My ears are bleeding and I'm actually really terrified by the fact that these bozos get to vote. [Disappointed]

my first customers in the door today were told they would be kicked out if the election or politics came up. they behaved, though one guy needed a warning.

they're all too busy with there conspiracy theories over the fire last week. ignorant numbnuts.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How's everyone recovering from Sandy? My brother is still without power. [Frown]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I missed the whole election thing other then listening to car radio on Wed AM. briefly. No phone, or internet for three days. All fixed now but It was kind of nice actually. Hubby and I are thinking of having a planned no contact with the outside world day once a month just for the fun of it.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

My favorite the-election-is-over-so-get-over-it song, by the Austin Lounge Lizards.

--------------------

Save a Siamese!

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

That is wonderful, snowgoose!

--------------------

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

snowgoose, loved that song!

This morning has already started out slightly odd. Woke up and went outside to have my first cup of coffee and found one of my young friends sleeping in his truck in my driveway. Neither hubby nor I know when or why he ended up at our house, especially since we live fairly far out in the country and in the opposite direction from his place. Got to work finally and found two different shoes in the parking lot, a bra in the ladies room, someone's hunting license under a pool table and yet another person's credit card sitting on the bar. I'm thinking I don't need to take any more Friday nights off. What do they get up to when I'm not here? [Eek!]

--------------------
formerly BessHiggs

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

Oh, and I just discovered a 4-wheeler parked in the beer garden...I can't wait to hear the story behind that...

--------------------
formerly BessHiggs

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

a little silliness to brighten your day here.

Chasee#2 is the voice, Chasee#3 is the bored kid at the end. I'm the director (of the play, not the trailer) and I wrote the script and did the sound.

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh my gosh!
I just loved the London production of All the Works of Shakespeare in 2 Acts. Such a funny production and it looks like the Talkeetna Production will be a triumph too!

Great video, too, Comet!

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I saw productions by the original players several times at the SoCal Renaissance Pleasure Faire, and I never got tired of it. (And I got me a signed paperback copy of the play to boot!) It is fricking hilarious! Talkeetna won't know what hit them. I know you have a hit on your hands, comet. [Overused]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

Wish I was there to see it. Nice to see young people having fun off line. [Overused]
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That looks wonderful, comet. The funniest thing I saw this summer was Twelfth Night at the Globe as an Original Production, so all male cast, lots of traditional extras, just using the words with the odd raised eyebrow and tweak of the fingers. It was laugh out loud comedy pretty much throughout. (I also saw Richard III, Henry V, Taming of the Shrew and As You Like It).

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It makes me want to find our RSC DVD.

I doubt if I can. Comet, please PM where/when we can buy your video.

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

Sweating coming driving test on Thursday. Nothing special, just have reached the age where they test you out every year or two. I keep telling myself relax I have been driving for over 50 years, but its the distances that bug me. How many feet from a fire plug, how many feet behind the car in front, how many feet do you need to signal when making a turn? I have decided to dress young and sexy as I think presentation is half the battle in how long they renew your license. Problem is I have forgotten what young and sexy is. Earrings and lipstick perhaps. Oh yes high heels for walking from car into office. I think I can wear them that long. [Biased]
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

Comet, I love that play. JB and MoBo gave us the DVD (see above) and we have watched it entirely too many times. I would so love to see it in person, and by the trailer it looks like your production will be hilarious!

--------------------

Save a Siamese!

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by JB:
It makes me want to find our RSC DVD.

I doubt if I can. Comet, please PM where/when we can buy your video.

I'm afraid we won't be selling a DVD. we usually record our productions but only for the players and crew to use for feedback and teaching materials. the best we get is usually some gallery photos.

--------------------

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

I'm completely stoked about tomorrow morning. I know hunting isn't everybody's thing, but rifle season opens tomorrow for whitetail deer and I'm ready to stock the freezer. Deer chili on a cold winter's day is absolutely wonderful!

--------------------
formerly BessHiggs

jedijudy

# 333

How was opening day, BessHiggs? I remember going out with my dad hunting! (It was a great excuse to be in the woods! I never shot a deer.)

The Turkey is thawing in the fridge! I spent about $130 for my ingredients for Thanksgiving. So, got home and was putting the stuff away, and lo and behold, I had forgotten to buy the bread for the stuffing! [Eek!]

Back to the store. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

The only things I saw on opening day were a whole heaping bunch of very very loud birds and one cheeky squirrel. But you're right jj, I love the excuse to sit very still and very quietly for hours. I have so much noice and talk and activity in the rest of my life, the peace is the best part of deer hunting.

We're doing Thanksgiving at the bar since a)I love Thanksgiving food, and b)there are plenty of folks who don't have anywhere to celebrate the holiday. I haven't cooked for T-day in a while so this could be interesting [Eek!]

--------------------
formerly BessHiggs

JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

quote:
Originally posted by BessHiggs:
...We're doing Thanksgiving at the bar since a)..., and b)there are plenty of folks who don't have anywhere to celebrate the holiday....

Our church does this. It started when everybody was from someplace else and couldn't conveniently go home to family. Now many have grandchildren (who grew up in the church) who come home to have Thanksgiving with their extended church family.

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016