homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Irn-Bru Special (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Irn-Bru Special
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
... of the things we had to drink last night - Cava, Chardonnay, Burgundy, Late Harvest Muscat - none was Irn Bru.

Sounds as if it was a good night, Firenze - were you reaching for the paracetamol and Irn Bru in the morning? [Big Grin]
Nah. Finish the evening with a tot of rum and you're fine.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sober Preacher's Kid:
Just to prove that Canada is Little Scotland, they sell Irn-Bru here.
[Big Grin]

Yes, lots of us Scots had to escape years and years ago and go to Canada because sheep and cows were filled into the area they had lived for ever. So maybe why their more modern things are there. Anything about that apart from Irn-Bru?

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Eh? Other than the fact that the entire Canadian banking system is modelled on Scotland's? Or that Standard Life's first overseas subsidiary was in Canada and sold Canada's fist Life Insurance policy? Or the fact that Canada's education system is more like Scotland's than England's? Or the Scots-infused United Church of Canada and the Presbyterians?

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Talking of Scoto-Canadian Presbyterians, D. was playing in a concert at the local Press Button B church (affectionately known as "the Kirk") this evening; he shared the billing with a local blue-grass band and the St. John's City Pipe Band.

Although I really don't like bagpipes, I did get a bit misty-eyed when they came in playing Scotland the Brave ... [Tear]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
piglet, pardon me for asking but if you don't like porage and you don't like bagpipes, are you really a Scot?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
She may be a resident of Scotland by birth, but she's certainly naw Scawts. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Got back home last night to find out the drama that I had missed, of the police sealing of where we live as one chimney came down and they were worried another might!

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
piglet, pardon me for asking but if you don't like porage and you don't like bagpipes, are you really a Scot?

We're allowed to hate them. No one else is.

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Love porage, loathe bagpipes - can I pass with just 50%?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cottontail:
quote:

Thanks, Cottontail!

I like haggis, love Drambuie, laugh at Scotch & Wry and make a very decent Cranachan - am I forgiven? [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So, I'm thinking about the possibilities of holidays this year, and where to go, and I'm thinking islands again.

What can folk recommend in terms of Scottish islands then?

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Shetland, Shetland, Shetland, Shetland, always Shetland! [Yipee]

I may be a little biased in this respect!

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Shetland, Shetland, Shetland, Shetland, always Shetland! [Yipee]

I may be a little biased in this respect!

As Jo Grimond would have put it: Shetland, where the oil comes from.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

I don't think bagpipes are to be liked or hated; they are to fear or inspire, as they are a military weapon.

(Sioni: Dad born in Edinburgh, Scots grandmother)

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
quote:

I don't think bagpipes are to be liked or hated; they are to fear or inspire, as they are a military weapon.

(Sioni: Dad born in Edinburgh, Scots grandmother)

My grandmother always said that bagpipes were meant to be heard floating across from the other side of a loch on a still summer's evening.

Any closer is too close.

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
So, I'm thinking about the possibilities of holidays this year, and where to go, and I'm thinking islands again.

If you follow Cottontail's suggestion of Shetland I shall be very very very very very very jealous indeed. Just saying [Smile]

It's been a while since we did an island, must rectify that (most recently took a boat trip round Ailsa Craig, though we couldn't land which was disappointing. Before that we were on Bute last year for Hogmanay, we liked it a lot though I must admit I prefer my islands a bit more remote). For my birthday last year I got this book which is very good for daydreaming and adventure-planning purposes. It is also very good for stroking that way when you have a really beautiful book you're really proud of [Big Grin]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
... As Jo Grimond would have put it: Shetland, where the oil comes from.

... and the sheep look worried. [Snigger]

Orkney is where you want to go, Kingsfold. [Smile]

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Islay has a lot to offer ( distilleries for one, or, indeed, eight) and you get Jura thrown in, if you fancy somewhere wilder and less peopled.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We interrupt the normal programming to bring you the newsflash that I've had a moment of inspiration that I sincerely believe can single-handedly improve the Scottish national diet by massively upping the consumption of vegetables.

I bring you... Vegetables deep-fried in batter!

As you were...

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It'll never catch on health and faff, though if you can persuade the chippy to sell it you might have more luck!

--------------------

mrs whibley
Shipmate
# 4798

- Posted      Profile for mrs whibley     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:

We're going to Shetland in May. Accommodation costs were very reasonable, but the ferry to get there (we will want to take a car) is a bit ouch.
It depends what you want from your island. If you don't want to particularly do anything, but just want to cycle, walk or sit and enjoy islandness I can recommend Luing or the Slate Islands. Bear in mind that on Luing there is not even a pub, and mobile phone signal is patchy!

--------------------
I long for a faith that is gloriously treacherous - Mike Yaconelli

Posts: 942 | From: North Lincolnshire | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I also love Mull and Iona and Arran ; all nice not huge ones.

They all have good places where you can stay on holiday and are good to walk around and up hills.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was just reminded via a card received today from a friend, that we are off to Iona for a week in July - ooops... had absolutely forgotten. Have been paying it off in instalments for a year! [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Posts: 906 | From: edinburgh | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
posted by JtL:
It's been a while since we did an island, must rectify that

Can't remember, are you ahead on the island bagging quota at the moment, Jack? Or am I in the lead after last year's Orkney trip?

I've been to Mull, though not Iona, and want to go back there at some point. I've also been to Arran, but don't especially want to return.

I was wondering about Islay/Jura, and also Barra (landing on the beach just has to be done!!): we've got a long weekend in June courtesy of some public holidays, so either of those options might make a nice short break.

Hmmm, Shetland... do I make Jack very very very very very very jealous? [Devil] Or maybe Mull & Iona? Decisions, decisions. Mind you, I'm now thinking I may have to buy that book.

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

- Posted      Profile for Derf   Email Derf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ooooh, have you two got an official tally going? I might have to try and add mine up to join in (probably trailing way behind). We're thinking of heading to somewhere in the Hebrides this year, but the conversation didn't get much further than when we'd need to go to avoid the midgies.
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think kingsfold might be in the lead now. Of islands I have set foot on (as opposed to sailed round), I'm now up to 5 I think (Arran, Bute, Gt Cumbrae, Harris/Lewis and Shetland). Definitely need to add to that total, there's so much still to see (though I'd happily go back to any of the ones I've been to already too as I loved them all).

According to The Book, Jura's a bit of a b***** for midges.

--------------------
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

quote:
Originally posted by Jack the Lass:
I think kingsfold might be in the lead now. Of islands I have set foot on (as opposed to sailed round), I'm now up to 5 I think (Arran, Bute, Gt Cumbrae, Harris/Lewis and Shetland).

I think you could quite legitimately count the various Shetland Islands separately. There are over 100 of them! The sixteen inhabited ones are Mainland, Yell, Unst, Fetlar, Bressay, Whalsay, East Burra, West Burra, Muckle Roe, Papa Stour, Trondra, Vaila, Foula, Fair Isle, and the Out Skerries. You might also count Mousa, which used to be inhabited.

Depending where you've been, that should catapult you into the lead! [Biased]

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

Sadly I have only been to Mainland, but it gives me a good excuse to go back!

--------------------
wiblog blipfoto blog

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Don't forget Skye, Jack. You went from Uig to Harris/Lewis, so I'm sure you set foot on it!

I'm claiming:
Great Cumbrae, Arran, Mull, South Ronaldsay, Burray, Glimps Holm (well, OK, I drove over this one) and Lamb Holm and mainland Orkney. And I've set foot on Skye too (but only briefly on a day trip). SO I'm only in the lead by virtue of having been to Orkney last year....

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

I'm not actually sure I did set foot on Skye to be honest - we drove over the Skye bridge and up to Uig, and we were so late I think we pretty much drove straight onto the boat! The way back I think was the same.

All I remember of Skye was on the way up feeling very very queasy (hangover and migraine, great combo!), and on the way back being relieved that we got through Skye and onto the mainland before the car died! Perhaps we should go back there, and do it justice.

--------------------
wiblog blipfoto blog

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

That could take some time....
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
... you could quite legitimately count the various Shetland Islands separately ...

And the Orkney ones too? In which case my tally's not bad:

Orkney: Mainland, Westray, Sanday, Stronsay, Eday, Papa Westray, the Holm of Papa Westray (!), Shapinsay, Rousay, Egilsay, Gairsay, Hoy, Flotta, Cava.

Shetland: Mainland (airport en route to Norway)

Western Isles: Skye, Harris/Lewis

Other islands (in no particular order): Newfoundland, St-Pierre, Bell Island, Iceland, the Isle of Man, the Isle of Wight, Achill Island (Ireland), Ellis Island (New York), Sotra (Norway)

That's 26 or 27, depending on whether you count Harris/Lewis as one or two.

Still collecting ... [Smile]

PS Kingsfold, I'd forgotten that you went to Orkney last year, in which case going to Shetland is permissible. Just. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm of Scots-Irish ancestry. Does that count?

I've never had Irn-Bru, but we do have a branch of Tesco here. Perhaps they could source it for me...

I do like a good Islay single malt and I hope to have one or two next weekend.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

Just thought I'd join in the Scottish Island bagging! I've been to Gt Cumbrae, Bute, Jura, Mull, Iona, Skye, Lewis/Harris. Think that's it! really would like to make it to Arran, but have moved to the wrong coast to make these adventures straight forwardish!

--------------------

Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

- Posted      Profile for Derf   Email Derf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oooh, I might be doing better than I thought.... Bute, Skye, Mull, Iona, Staffa, Inchcolm (which is an easy one to add - we could even do a shipmeet trip there one day), Orkney Mainland, South Ronaldsay, Shetland Mainland, Yell, Unst. So the trip to the Northern Isles helped a lot. There's some obvious ones I've not done (Arran and Millport for starters).

I suspect scz would beat the lot of us hands down, and even better he's sailed to lots of them.

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My list:

Skye, Arran, Mull, Iona, Orkney; Mainland, Lambholm, Burray, South Ronaldsay ... does Birsay count?

Not as numerous as some lists though.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Derf:
... South Ronaldsay ...

I didn't count South Ronaldsay, Burray, Glimpsholm and Lamb Holm because they're connected to the mainland by the Churchill Barriers. That pushes my total over 30 ... [Big Grin]

quote:
I suspect scz would beat the lot of us hands down, and even better he's sailed to lots of them.
I was going to say "how else do you expect to get to an island?" but I suppose you mean he actually sailed the boat himself.

[Overused]

Alan, I suppose the Brough of Birsay counts - after all, it's an island except at low tide.

[ 16. January 2012, 00:46: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------

Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

By your logic we'd all have to knock Skye off our lists! I did have a look at the map to try and work out which bits are separate islands and which we actually set foot on as opposed to just drove over.

And yes, scz actually sailed the boat. He's done a lot of sailing round the west coast over the years, although not much recently. Just getting the boat back from Skye convinced me it really is the best way to see the west coast.

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Well, I've also been to the Brough of Birsay, so...

However, I do think you need to count South Ronaldsay, Burray etc etc. I mean, you wouldn't say Skye wasn't an island as it's connected to the mainland by a roadbridge, would you? And I think most people would count Eriskay, South Uist, Benbecula, North Uist and Berneray separately, despite the fact they're linked by causeway/bridge. (come to that, we all take about Harris & Lewis as two separate places, though that's quite definitely one land mass!)

[cross-posted with Derf! Except that when I went to Skye, the bridge wasn't there.]

[ 16. January 2012, 08:29: Message edited by: kingsfold ]

Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

Oh yes, I've been to the Brough of Birsay too.

Definitely sounds like we should have some island bagging shipmeets.

joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Okay... let's see:

Outer Hebrides:
Lewis
Harris
Nth Uist
Benbecula
St Uist

Inner Hebrides:
Mull
Iona
Staffa
Erraid
Skye
Lismore

Firth of Clyde
Bute
Great Cumbrae

Shetland
Mainland
Yell
Unst
Mousa
St Ninian's Isle [tidal...is this cheating?]

Orkney
Mainland
Burray
Hoy
Lamb Holm
Sanday
Sth Ronaldsay
Shapinsay

Still to get across to Inchcolm, Arran and would love to see St Kilda...

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Posts: 906 | From: edinburgh | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been to a feeble number of islands. Really only Arran and Gigha unless Davaar and Cramond count. I did get stuck on Cramond when the tide came in and get rescued by lifeboat if that counts (I was 13 at the time). Also I suffered a head injury on Davaar which required stiches.

Maybe I should avoid islands! [Big Grin]

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

quote:

Definitely sounds like we should have some island bagging shipmeets.

Sounds a great idea [Big Grin]

--------------------

Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

Apparently we did actually set foot on all the ones joined by the Churchill barriers so that's another few. I think scz may be counting but I'm not sure he'll beat Joan or Piglet.

Chive, how are you m'dear? Not seen you for ages - you given up visiting this fair land, or just wisely avoiding us when you do?!

chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Chive, how are you m'dear? Not seen you for ages - you given up visiting this fair land, or just wisely avoiding us when you do?!

I'm actually coming up on Wednesday for a week. I'll be in Glasgow if you fancy a pint.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

Oooh, that would be good. Do you and scz still have each other's mob nos to organise something?
strathclydezero

# 180

- Posted      Profile for strathclydezero   Email strathclydezero   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lewis/Harris is definitely one island! I can count 26 islands I've walked on:

Inchcolm
Arran
+ Holy Isle
Bute
Gigha
Colonsay
+ Oronsay
Mull
Iona
Staffa
Skye
Tanera Mòr
Eriskay
Seil Island

Orkney Mainland
Lamb Holm
Glimps Holm
Burray
South Ronaldsay
Brough of Birsay

Shetland Mainland
Unst
Yell
Trondra
West Burra
St Ninians Isle

--------------------
All religions will pass, but this will remain:
simply sitting in a chair and looking in the distance.
V V Rozanov

Posts: 3276 | From: The Near East | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sorry for double post - missed the edit window while Googling.

I'd also forgotten Vigra in Norway, where Ålesund airport is.

I think that's them all, and makes a total of 35. [Smile]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

This doesn't make much sense; I thought I'd missed an edit window with a post I was writing but the post didn't actually appear ... [Hot and Hormonal]

What I was going to say was when I told D. about this discussion he reminded me about Mersea (a tidal island south-east of Colchester), the Isle of Dogs in London and a couple of Norwegian islands - Stord where we sang with the St. Magnus choir and Vigra (as referred to above).

Sorry for the confusion ... [Confused]

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

scz [Overused]

(also :envious: [Smile] )

[ 17. January 2012, 16:07: Message edited by: kingsfold ]

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016