homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Hosts & Grandees - gifts of appreciation (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hosts & Grandees - gifts of appreciation
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Has anyone specifically asked pease if he'd like some goodies?

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
pease

Porridge.

Hot.

[Sorry, for a moment there I thought I was in Circus.]

[ 09. July 2012, 18:24: Message edited by: Campbellite ]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
Has anyone specifically asked pease if he'd like some goodies?

Moo

Have now. I've PM'ed Simon, pease and Ancient Mariner a link to the thread so they can post if they want in.

It's good to share the love around, even if it does mean less for RooK. [Biased]

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:
It's good to share the love around, even if it does mean less for RooK.

-
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jealous. Can not post image like that. grrr.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's why he's doing it, to provoke envy. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If Erin was still with us Rook's avatar might be changed to "My Little Pony" again for that.

I am a bit challenged for sending local goodies at present, but I can organise a small donation to the Floating Fund.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Am waiting with eager anticipation to see who is required to pay tribute to whom!
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry, 'tis a complex process, have had a couple of busy days, hoping to write to Japes today.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
I can organise a small donation to the Floating Fund.

There is no offer more worthy. Thank you.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
After all my huffing and puffing, I thought that that might be something the editors might prefer.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

quote:
If Erin was still with us Rook's avatar might be changed to "My Little Pony" again for that.

Or worse.
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Huia for the suggestion. Have contributed to floating fund now.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Japes

Many apologies! I missed the need to register interest. Too much shore leave visiting grandchildren.

If it's not too late ...

... anything chocolatey, jammy, cakey would do fine.

And if it is too late - no worries!

[ 13. July 2012, 07:33: Message edited by: Barnabas62 ]

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Meerkat

Suricata suricatta
# 16117

- Posted      Profile for Meerkat   Email Meerkat       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not always easy to get to a Post Office for me, so I hope it's OK to make a Floating Fund contribution instead...

--------------------
Simples!

Posts: 160 | From: Herts, UK | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
quote:
I can organise a small donation to the Floating Fund.

There is no offer more worthy. Thank you.
Does this mean whoever gets RooK should just make a donation instead of sending chocorrit? [Eek!]

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
posted by Beethoven:
Does this mean whoever gets RooK should just make a donation instead of sending chocorrit? [Eek!]

More likely send chocorrit and make donation.
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Or worse.
Just what is that?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
quote:
quote:

Or worse.
Just what is that?
A black & white alligator ... Seriously weirded me out for a moment.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Barnabas62, not too late at all! It shall be done.

Just waiting on one or two matters to be cleared up before the list gets published.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Equally, if it's not too late, I will send within UK, though probably not until August.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ahem... I would like to announce the first list.

Sendees, you may now contact your hosts for the relevant information!

Chorister - Jigsaw
Kelly - Boogie
Firenze - Smudgie
PeteC - kingsfold
AristonAstaunaux - Full Circle
Think² - cheesymarzipan
RooK - Earwig
Mamacita - Lyda*Rose
jedijudy - Deputy Verger
Moo - Jack the Lass
Zappa - BessHiggs
Marvin the Martian - FooloftheShip
Tubbs - ecumaniac
Gwai – Qoheleth
Amanda B. Reckondwythe - Enigma
Campbellite - Liberty
dj_ordinaire - daisydaisy
John Holding - Janine
Imaginary Friend - Meg the Red
TonyK – Gussie
Barnabas62 - Beethoven

Sendees - if you could post here when gifts are sent, and if Hosts etc, could do likewise when gifts have been received, that would be helpful.

There are still some volunteer sendees who haven't been allocated - worry not, I am sure there will be a second round or bad attacks of real life for which I am holding you in reserve.

Let the fun commence... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Excellent, thanks Japes.

Moo - I am going to get my thinking cap on to come up with something non-food related for you. Unfortunately I only have a couple of days more here then am away for work and on holiday for a couple of weeks, so it may take a while before I manage to get anything off to you, but I won't forget [Smile]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jack the Lass:
Moo - I am going to get my thinking cap on to come up with something non-food related for you. Unfortunately I only have a couple of days more here then am away for work and on holiday for a couple of weeks, so it may take a while before I manage to get anything off to you, but I won't forget [Smile]

No hurry. Thanks.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Floating fund donation made. I added a bit more because I liked Rook's alligator.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My order is in. Delivery is supposed to be quick and accurate, and, since it's not happening around here, the chocolate shouldn't melt.

Although that's not all bad. The FG wanted to bring chocolate/peanut butter cups as a snack during a hurricane evacuation a few years ago -- when they melted, we drank them. Best hot chocolate ever. [Big Grin]

So, I look forward to my Honored Host's report -- will he hafta drink the stuff?

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Hello again, Janine! Your order has now been assigned a tracking number. Yippee! Hang in there. Once it gets scanned... you will be able to track your package all you want! (Like a million times a day if you want, but you've probably got better stuff to do with your time [Razz] )
I like those people. [Smile]

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Janine - shipment duly arrived in solid state -- packed so well you won't believe it.

And it's absolutely delicious! I shared (a little) with my wife and, I swear, there are tears of joy (but possibly tears from the chilis in the chocolate) in her eyes.

Many thanks

John

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
An offering has been posted. I hope the Elder Gods will be satisfied.
Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

[Numbers 6.24-26 - WW]

[ 21. July 2012, 03:49: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would normally ask for a translation but I think we would probably rather not know!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Japes:

quote:
Originally posted by FooloftheShip:
Providing the nominated grandee doesn't mind receiving it around the same time as your secret Santa.....

I do hope you were only joking, FooloftheShip.......

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chocolate cheer is on its way over the sea to dj_ordinaire - hopefully with a little bit of the glorious sunshine that we're being treated to.
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
Originally posted by Japes:

quote:
Providing the nominated grandee doesn't mind receiving it around the same time as your secret Santa.....

I do hope you were only joking, FooloftheShip.......

How are the martian postal deliveries at this time of year?

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Despatched!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
How are the martian postal deliveries at this time of year?

Pretty darn good since we introduced the death penalty for tardy deliveries [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A little taste of the Great White North is wending its way to Washington [Smile]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Remembered to visit the choclit shop & post office today!
I had to fill in a customs declaration...this is new. Hope the customs don't decide to eat Think2's choclit!

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Eek!] [Yipee]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
Despatched!

[Big Grin]

(Boogies in chair.)

--------------------

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I would normally ask for a translation but I think we would probably rather not know!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn translates as:

"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

I'm sure you're already enlightened .. but you can look up Cthulhu in Wiki.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How have I missed this thread? Am I too late? I am happy to send chocolate to anyone, anywhere!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Full Circle
Shipmate
# 15398

- Posted      Profile for Full Circle     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Slight delay this end, but hold onto your hat AristonAstuanax, I'll get organised soon

--------------------
Beware the monocausal fallacy (Anon)

Posts: 232 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm on a mission...

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh My GOD.

For some reason my mom didn't tell me that a bigass package had arrived for me, so I didn't discover it until I wandered into the kitchen for a snack. Well, I sure got one.

Two generous boxes of chocolate bonbons. along with the sacramental bar of Green and Black's. But most precious of all, a tiny little pewter angel which I shall put on my shelf of special stuff from special people (along with the very kind note). Thank you so much, Boogie!(and cohort [Big Grin] )

[ 29. July 2012, 07:01: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Despatched!

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay!

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Well, I've got the makings of a package...
Now to package up & get to a post office (which is a struggle during the week)...

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A package for Imaginary Friend from the True North Strong and Free has just arrived. It is sitting waiting for him to finish his long workday and return home. Well - that's what it is doing currently whilst I am still resisting all temptation to touch it. I have to go now, and, erm, yes, no...

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
Well, I've got the makings of a package...
Now to package up & get to a post office (which is a struggle during the week)...

If it arrives in December, I won't have to sign up for Secret Santa

[Devil]

[ 30. July 2012, 17:07: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016