homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Hosts & Grandees - gifts of appreciation (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hosts & Grandees - gifts of appreciation
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Liberty:
A package for Imaginary Friend from the True North Strong and Free has just arrived... I am still resisting all temptation to touch it.

Some of the contents are specifically for you, so I hereby give you official permission to open said package, should you be so inclined [Biased]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What package? There was no package? Who said anything about a package? It must have got lost in the mail, or abducted by aliens. I blame delays caused by the London Olympics, or Obama being Kenyan, or Elvis, or...

*breathe deeply, wipe mouth and dump envelope in trash chute* [Biased]

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope to be in a position to despatch my gift in the next couple of days. Despair not Miss Amanda - I have not forgotten you!

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
posted by PeteC:
If it arrives in December, I won't have to sign up for Secret Santa [Devil]

It won't be thatlate. I imagine it'll be the post office next weekend. Fear not, I've not forgotten you...

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Liberty:
What package? There was no package? Who said anything about a package?

[Paranoid]

Meg, thanks very much. I now have a perfect excuse to postpone my post-vacation diet by a few days. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

- Posted      Profile for TonyK   Email TonyK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gussie - thanks for the chocolate received today. I've not tried chilli chocolate before - an interesting experience [Eek!]

Anyway - much appreciated

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

Posts: 2717 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OM NOM NOM NOM

Thank you, thank you, thank you Earwig!

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All is well with the world, RooK has G&B chocorrit.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glad it arrived safely - doesn't look too melted! Hope you enjoy it, RooK. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A nicely wrapped shiny package arrived yesterday with a card gorgeous G&B chocolate bars. Sampling was resisted, but is now about to commence. Thanks Q!

Okay, I didn't wait. Just tried the ginger and it is really really good. Saving the other bar because I know I will like espresso chocolate.

[ 03. August 2012, 16:48: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Japes:
All is well with the world, RooK has G&B chocorrit.

Again, the beauty of the jpeg...

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miss Amanda,
Stage one of the operation is complete - this will give you what you requested I hope. Later on you might well get something extra.........

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The penguin hath flown. Or swum. Or something.
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having just arrived back from a week's holiday I find ... CHOCOLATE [Yipee]

Many thanks cheesymarzipan, especially liked the chocolate mouse [Biased]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
yay! I was worried the customs man/postman might have eaten it... glad it arrived safe & sound

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've asked Usain Bolt to take a wee break from his Sports Day to deliver some goodies to Campbellite. He said he was too busy so I'm hoping the Queen and and some corgis might be able to parachute in...

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...as long as you don't ask Boris Johnson!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jigsaw
Shipmate
# 11433

- Posted      Profile for Jigsaw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fear not, Chorister, it'll be with you when I'm back from holiday next week.
And thanks to Japes for the organising.

--------------------
You are not alone in this.

Posts: 743 | From: Snorbens, UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is there any word on whether reserve senders' services will be required?

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Enigma:
Miss Amanda,
Stage one of the operation is complete - this will give you what you requested I hope. Later on you might well get something extra.........

The cocoa arrived today. Thanks so much!

Something extra later on . . . ? Oooh! Miss Amanda is beside herself with anticipation!

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I came home this afternoon to find a package inside my screen door. The Olympic elves had brought several lovely goodies from Her Britannic Majesty's Sport gathering. Chocolate mascots, GummiMascots, postcards from London and other Official Licensed Mementoes™

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Liberty!

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

You're most welcome. I'm glad to spread my pride in my hometown. [Smile]

--------------------

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Shrew:

Not yet... as soon as there is, I will let you know!

--------------------

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Shrew:

Not yet... as soon as there is, I will let you know!
My initial shipment has not yet arrived, so I'm perfectly happy to accept a back up one!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

And even if your initial shipment had arrived, I'm sure you'd be happy to receive a back-up [Big Grin]

After all, there are all these folk willing to give, and it would be churlish not to offer them the opportunity? Yes?

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But of course. After all, it's more blessed to give than to receive, and who am I to withold such blessings from others? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, the chocorrit has run out.
LET THE RANDOM BANNINGS RESUME.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quick, all the reserve senders post choccorit to RooK!

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Choccorit.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm safe, aren't I? Right? Right?!? [Eek!]
Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know. Random is random. [Paranoid]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

- Posted      Profile for ecumaniac   Author's homepage   Email ecumaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Almost managed to send my package!!

The chocs are bought, ready to go. Just have to drag my ass to the post office tomorrow.

--------------------
it's a secret club for people with a knitting addiction, hiding under the cloak of BDSM - Catrine

Posts: 2901 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Choccorit.

Do want.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!
I HAS CHOCORRIT!

Of course, while lovely, delicious chocorrit is Very Nice Indeed, Full Circle was also nice enough to send along a bottle of the original HP Sauce, complete with HM The Queen's royal seal on it and everything. Those of you in the UK are probably mocking me for this, but, over here, it's a bit hard to find anything but the fruity stuff—and even those shops that do stock the real thing usually sell out just in time for me to drop by.

Many, many, many thanks!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

[Japes wanders by, with what she thought was a neat and orderly list in hand.]

[Eek!]

[Japes scuttles to the Name Amnesty Thread. It's a neat and orderly list once more.]

[Big Grin]

Do continue with your scheduled chorrorit eating. HP Sauce? No accounting for taste, but if it works for you...

How are we all doing?

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

quote:
How are we all doing?

Pretty good.

I'll ban you all later.

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

Is that a blatant, shameless attempt to get more chocorrit?!

[Big Grin] [Yipee]

That is the loveliest picture I've seen all year.

[Wonders when the random bannings begin?]

[ 14. August 2012, 07:03: Message edited by: Japes ]

--------------------

Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm afraid school holidays and the inescapable presence of the Opuses means I'm somewhat slower than planned - but I do now have a package for Barnabas62. Just need to get to the Post Office now...

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome back from vacation, Mamacita! [Cool]

Chocolate should be gently landing in your neighborhood about Thursday.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooooh, I'm looking forward to that!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:

Pure dead briliant!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry, lastminutedotcom here, but Moo I finally posted your parcel today [Smile]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm looking forward to it.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jigsaw
Shipmate
# 11433

- Posted      Profile for Jigsaw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Posted today to Chorister's most enchantingly English address, redolent of lavender, sweet peas and roses.

--------------------
You are not alone in this.

Posts: 743 | From: Snorbens, UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
quote:

Pure dead briliant!
Pete, I hope you're not implying that the only good penguin is a dead penguin!

[Eek!]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jigsaw:
Posted today to Chorister's most enchantingly English address, redolent of lavender, sweet peas and roses.

Well we do have roses. [Biased]

Fudge AND Green and Black's, many thanks to Jigsaw for piecing together such a generous parcel. Yummmm-mmmm-mmmmm. [Cool]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
quote:

Pure dead briliant!
Pete, I hope you're not implying that the only good penguin is a dead penguin!

[Eek!]

Let those who have ears to hear, hear!!

[Smile]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

quote:
posted by PeteC:
Pure dead briliant!

Ah, but has it arrived? I'm thinking it probably should have done by now... [Paranoid]

[coding]

[ 16. August 2012, 10:22: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ecumaniac:

The chocs are bought, ready to go. Just have to drag my ass to the post office tomorrow.

If you made it, the good news is the parcel has arrived. The bad news is that I'm at work and Rev T and the Tubblet have worked out the parcel may have chocolate in it ... Which needs to be checked by caring family members for quality control purposes!

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

- Posted      Profile for ecumaniac   Author's homepage   Email ecumaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:
quote:
Originally posted by ecumaniac:

If you made it, the good news is the parcel has arrived. The bad news is that I'm at work and Rev T and the Tubblet have worked out the parcel may have chocolate in it ... Which needs to be checked by caring family members for quality control purposes!

Tubbs

Nooooooooooo! They'd better only be checking with their eyes!

--------------------
it's a secret club for people with a knitting addiction, hiding under the cloak of BDSM - Catrine

Posts: 2901 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016