homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Christmas decorations (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Christmas decorations
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our (large, real) tree is due to be delivered tomorrow and I have started putting up a couple of things around the place - an Advent wreath on the front door, some baubles on an orange tree in from the garden cos of frost, and on a ficus by the window; a poinsettia garland; some (fake) branches with red berries; and I always put out an Advent candle thing that I remake every year so that we can light one of the candles when we have dinner each Sunday evening in Advent.

I love it all [Axe murder] .

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I drive through the neighbourhood looking for people who think they are better than chavs. [Paranoid]

Anyway, without his giant blow-up Santa and Snowman in the driveway, how else would the newest choristers know which was the Director of Music's house to turn up to for the Christmas party?

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I make up the Advent wreath the first Sunday. It always has an angel in the center, replaced on Christmas eve with a candle. I used moss covered branches this year in place of green, a gift from a wind storm early in Dec. I put a large wreath made out of red bells on the front yard. I have given up on standing on ladders, so no lights on the house anymore. I bring out my collection of Santas on St. Nicholas day and keep them up until Christmas Eve. Friends and Neighbors tend to leave Santa figures at my door to add to the collection. : ). Then away they go for anther year on Christmas Eve and the tree goes up before the grandchildren arrive. Mary, Joseph and the Christ Child come out on Christmas Eve as well. and the three wise men start their journey around the living room. On 12th Night we have all of our friends over, have a 3 kings cake, bless the house, the apple tree and have a party to end the season.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016