homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The Archers - BBC radio story of everyday country folk (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The Archers - BBC radio story of everyday country folk
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Spoiler alert: Today's episode featured a sexy sexagenarian who is cheating on her boyfriend with his half-brother and had trouble keeping up with her 80-something mum (with a stick!) who planned to climb a flight of 199 stairs while on holiday.

If you are new to this 60-plus-year-old racy agricultural drama on BBC Radio 4, I wholeheartedly suggest you catch the omnibus on Sunday. The programmes are broadcast Sunday through Friday at 7 PM GMT.

As I don't own a digital radio and am not presently in the UK, I hear it on bbc.co.uk/radio4 - daily episodes are re-broadcast at 2PM GMT the following day as well as being available on "Listen Again" or as a podcast from the Archers website, an easy click away from the main Radio 4 homepage.

I have been listening to it every week for about ten years. The Archers

[ 04. January 2013, 19:44: Message edited by: Firenze ]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is Paul a half brother? Whatever, I love this soap! Very sad this time of year with the memorial of Nigel's death.
I've been a listener on and off since I was a student (we couldn't afford TV so radio was my friend).

--------------------
Erin - you are missed more than you could know. Rest in peace and rise in glory - to provide unrest in the heavenly realms.

Posts: 1372 | From: Betwixt and between | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been a listener, on and off, since the fifties - but more off than on in the last two years. Not only as a result of what they did to Nigel, but because of the way the programme has stopped being based on the characters and is now plot driven.
Long-time, well-known characters do things that are quite "out of character" to illustrate whatever 'issue' is currently on the writers' minds, while new ones are parachuted in for the same reason and then written out never (or rarely) to be mentioned again. Apart from the HorrorBins, who seem to be staging a takeover.

And farming has really taken a back seat.
Pretty well the whole of the UK has experienced rainfall sufficient to interfere with most agricultural work but, in spite of Ambridge being located in one of the wettest areas of the UK, the Am hasn't even threatened to overflow. The writers clearly don't get up early enough to listen to "Farming Today".

Sorry for what has turned into a rant, but the EastEnderfication of the iconic Archers really upsets me.

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I used to pass by the village of Inkberrow occasionally, where the original for the Bull in Ambridge is situated. When the programme started, what happened at the real pub was used for the Bull in the Archers, but they moved away from that many years ago. The Old Bull still has pictures of cast members up on the wall, though - or at least, it did when I was last there, and is a very pleasant place to break a long journey.

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I used to be an Archers' Anarchist but gave up some years ago*. It was quite fun for a while, though.

M.

*And gave up listening to the Archers, too, when I realised that it didn't matter if I missed a week or six, it always seemed to be the same storyline going on.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Many years ago - nearly thirty in fact , before there was daytime television and all you had was radio, I used to listen to the Archers every day.

When my five year old daughter was told Mummy was going back to work, her response was 'Mummy, how are you going to manage without the archers!'

Needless to say I have survived.

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I swore not to listen again when it became clear that they felt killing off a character was a good way of celebrating an anniversary, and that they way it was announced to the actor was not kindly done, and I told them so, and have stuck to it.
Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

- Posted      Profile for Trisagion   Email Trisagion   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What Roseofsharon said. I decided I'd had enough when Shula's first husband, Mark Hebden, was killed off. I keep trying again but I find it all thoroughly unconvincing.

--------------------
ceterum autem censeo tabula delenda esse

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you think "The Archers" has gone bad, looks out "Ambridge Extra". The saving grace is that it's only on 4 Extra.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've steered well clear of Ambridge Extra - am I right in thinking that it gives even more prominence to the ghastly Yoof of Ambridge?- and have more or less given up the main programme because I find myself shouting at it so much. Only consolation last time I switched on was that the appalling and feckless Ed Grundy's chickens seemed to be coming to home to roost, but as always everyone seemed to be- inexplicably- rallying round him. Didn't mind that they'd killed off a character to mark the 60th anniversary, except that it was the wrong one- it really should have been the deradful Helen Archer, but pretty much any character under the age of 35 (or most of the ones over 35 come to that, except Nigel,the one they actually did kill) would have done at a pinch.
Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Extra seems to be for fanatics of Clive and his ilk; I only listen to it sporadically out of sheer curiosity and to hear a deviation on the signature tune of its parent programme. As someone who was born in LA and wishes his ancestors had stayed in Angleterre, I have a morbid attraction to this offshoot.

My late paternal grandmother was a cattle rancher in northern California for a brief period of time a hundred years ago after she graduated uni with a degree in nutrition/ home ec before she was married. There are still a few elderly ranchers on my late father's side of the family. As I have been riding horses since age eight, I rather like the characters of Shula and the Carters. I had a neighbour a few decades ago who was a farrier...

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please remember that 'The Archers Are Real- There Is No Cast'. I have a car window sticker proclaiming the fact, and am a member of The Archers Anarchists and also an inmate of the Borchester Asylum. We inmates are having a day out, to see the Book of Mormon, as long as we can get enough gin down Matrons neck, to render her incapable of noticing that she is alone in the asylum.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You have to understand how it is for the rest of us.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Weeder:
'The Archers Are Real- There Is No Cast'

Or there wasn't, until New Year's Day 2011. Now Ambridge is full of strange people calling themselves by the old familiar names, but behaving more like actors with bad scripts.

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, that's how I see the Archers - now for some years. The Pod people from outer space have obviously invaded Ambridge and taken over the bodies of the original inhabitants.

It's sad, because it's what ruined the other soaps for me, too. You get into certain characters, get to know them etc. Then the writers are compelled to introduce an 'issue', and somebody becomes Jekyll and Hyde, or undergoes a complete schizophrenic personality change. It used to be a case of 'gosh, how exciting, So-and-So behaving like that! How unexpected!' Now it's simply a case of waiting for the 'storyline' to take over the character.

I don't care anymore when they get married or have children, or something good happens; because you know she'll be bonking her husband's brother before the cake is cut; or the kid'll grow up to be a teenage hooker or get done for shoplifting by its ninth birthday. And I've given up keeping account of who's the father of which teenage-mum's baby. I'd have to draw a chart just to remember who's married to who - for now.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jigsaw
Shipmate
# 11433

- Posted      Profile for Jigsaw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Born in the 1950's, I grew up in Archers country. (roughly Worcestershire and a bit of Herefordshire). The actors playing Tom Forrest or Walter Gabriel would often open our village fetes.
I miss those days, but the countryside has moved on. Teenage pregnancies, drug dealing, child neglect are all a part of rural life nowadays. Listen to the song "Country Life" by the band Show of Hands for an illustration.
That said, wild horses wouldn't drag me to listen to Ambridge Extra and I'm sick of how the R4 trailers constantly refer to it to entice the mainstream Archers Adicts (and even Archers Anarchists) to get us to up its audience figures.

--------------------
You are not alone in this.

Posts: 743 | From: Snorbens, UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've lived in Archers' country, too. And lived mostly in English country areas, so I know that there isn't a perfect idyll out there. I guess what tires me about the soaps is the issue or plot-driven, rather than character-based, approach.

The writers have their hands tied - competition for ratings, only a small pool of families to inflict with various diseases, divorces, bigamous marriages, incestuous relationships, unwanted babies, murders etc. I can see it's necessary for one person to marry, divorce and have inappropriate affairs any number of times in order to go through the gamut of human experience necessary for serial drama TV. And for that agonizing process to run contagiously through the whole cast. Especially for those soaps that go out every hour on the hour (I exaggerate, perhaps [Big Grin] ).

And there are times when a story-line picks up an issue and does something usefully provocative with it. John Saxbee isn't the only cleric who likes to use the occasional soap opera as sermon illustration!

I just don't want to be depressed day in day out with yet another tragedy happening to the same tragedy-stricken group of people! I know that 'real' people can really be that stupid or unlucky. But I already live in real life. It's just nice - at least occasionally - to have something that edifies, encourages or restores one's faith in humanity. I don't always need to see someone's life being ripped apart in order to be entertained!

Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

Actually, I must apologise to poor Sir Kevin. This is heaven and he's sharing Ambridge with the world and I'm crapping all over it! [Hot and Hormonal]

The Archers is still a great institution, and well worth a listen! The spirit of Grace lives on!

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

I'm the one that should apologise, as I set off the anti-Archers grumble. I think it's probably only the old fogies like me, still mourning the demise of Nigel, who are going on about how good it was 'in our day'.
As in so many other areas, change is difficult.

If you come to it new then the programme can still hook you, and get you involved in Ambridge life - even if it's not life as we knew it.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

As an architecture school dropout, my favourite part of the site is the illustrations of various buildings and locations in the series. Some of those houses I would quite like to live in, particularly the ones which had nice gardens and no thatched roofs!

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have loathed the Archers since first arriving in the U.K. aged about 7.

My parents listened every evening, and then to the Sunday Omnibus. Actually, I am not sure the actually listened- just had the programme on, as a symbol of their Britishness. To be fair to them. having been born in Dublin, but before the Easter Rising, and being Proddy, they were legally and emotionally British rather than Irish.

We three children loathed it, and used to howl whenever our least favourite characters spoke. As that was almost everyone, that quarter of an hour was very noisy indeed.

I keep up now via Kieth Fletts musings, and, as I am an inmate of the Borchester Asylum, the hefty doses of gin from Matron keep me, and my fellow patients, safe from hearing the programme. Matron in the sluice room at the moment, so I have access to her computer.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

- Posted      Profile for Percy B   Email Percy B   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have resumed listening regularly, having been on and off for years.

I clearly am not as discerning as some here, as I actually enjoy listening.

By the way does St Stephens keep a patronal festival?

[ 10. January 2013, 20:32: Message edited by: Percy B ]

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Posts: 582 | From: Nudrug | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

You know, I'm not sure. Why not ask a parish priest? That's what I would do.

--------------------

Clint Boggis
Shipmate
# 633

- Posted      Profile for Clint Boggis   Author's homepage   Email Clint Boggis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
If you are new to this 60-plus-year-old racy agricultural drama on BBC Radio 4, I wholeheartedly suggest you catch the omnibus on Sunday. The programmes are broadcast Sunday through Friday at 7 PM GMT.

As I don't own a digital radio and am not presently in the UK, I hear it on bbc.co.uk/radio4 - daily episodes are re-broadcast at 2PM GMT the following day as well as being available on "Listen Again" or as a podcast from the Archers website, an easy click away from the main Radio 4 homepage.

I have been listening to it every week for about ten years. The Archers

I follow how people are using the Raspberry Pi educational foundation (non-profit) tiny computer where I've just read Radio 4 Matic about someone using it in a converted radio to make BBC Radio 4 programmes play at the right time depending on your time zone. At the mention of the Archers and listening abroad, I thought of you Sir Kevin!
Posts: 1505 | From: south coast | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

- Posted      Profile for Percy B   Email Percy B   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
You know, I'm not sure. Why not ask a parish priest? That's what I would do.

Not sure how to contact Alan.

Who are Ambridge's church wardens at present. Last time I remember knowing it was Neil Carter and Shula Hebden.

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I believe Shula Hebden-Lloyd still is.

My but that girlfriend of Matt's is really becoming a lying old skank, isn't she!

--------------------

Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

quote:
I believe Shula Hebden-Lloyd still is.

My but that girlfriend of Matt's is really becoming a lying old skank, isn't she!

Loved the Whitby adventure, and it became more topical with news from st Mary's Whitby being reported nationally at about the time Peggy was there.

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Lillian seems to be spending more time with Matt this week and only getting 'phone calls from real live female friends....

--------------------

Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

quote:
Lillian seems to be spending more time with Matt this week and only getting 'phone calls from real live female friends....

That was a very odd 'end of the affair'.
Any idea why she stayed with Matt? It certainly wasn't clear from her 'goodbye' telephone call to Paul

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Hell if I know! Maybe she likes the idea of being his mistress!

--------------------

TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Matt is obviously reprehensible but normally Lillian quite likes that. (Oooh, you are awful but I like you...)

Only when he exceeds his monthly quota of Evil Points (getting sent to jail for embezzlement, driving sweet elderly gentlemen into an early grave) does she get (temporarily) itchy feet.

I think this is reasonably in character.

Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
gerbilfodder
Apprentice
# 17526

- Posted      Profile for gerbilfodder         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have been listening to the Archers since the first epsiode in 1951, when I was one year old and sitting in my pram in the kitchen. I have a good memory for early infancy even if I can't always remember what I did yesterday. [Big Grin]
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome to The Ship, gerbilfodder.

( Mrs Dale's Diary - now there was a catalogue of crime and passion).

Firenze
Vintage Heaven Host

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
gerbilfodder
Apprentice
# 17526

- Posted      Profile for gerbilfodder         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember Mrs Dale's Diary too, although not as well as The Archers
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Would that ever come up on Radio4 Extra?

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have my doubts that Radio 4Extra could broadcast it. The last episode of The Dales as Mrs Dale's Diary became in 1962 was broadcast in 1969. Only twelve complete episodes exist in the BBC archives and as it was broadcast every weekday it is unlikely that many home recording exist.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm mildly surprised it survived as long as 1969; it always seemed so quintessentially '50s.

It comes to mind that the BBC ran a radio soap set in a shared house in an urban setting in the late 60s/70s, doubtless in an attempt to be groovy, fab and happening. But, lacking mangel-wurzel crop failure and dark doings in the cowshed, it didn't last....

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

What in the world is the mangel-wurzel crop?

[Confused]

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Joshua Bowman had a mangel -wurzels for a head (about 90 seconds in).

[ 26. January 2013, 08:29: Message edited by: North East Quine ]

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

quote:

Absolute agricultural mainstay. you'll be saying next you've never heard of Worzel Gummidge or the legends that are The Wurzels .
Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

- Posted      Profile for Trisagion   Email Trisagion   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

[Confused]

Occasionally Wikipedia is your friend.

--------------------
ceterum autem censeo tabula delenda esse

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
I'm mildly surprised it survived as long as 1969; it always seemed so quintessentially '50s.

It comes to mind that the BBC ran a radio soap set in a shared house in an urban setting in the late 60s/70s, doubtless in an attempt to be groovy, fab and happening. But, lacking mangel-wurzel crop failure and dark doings in the cowshed, it didn't last....

That was Waggoner's Walk. Dark doings a plenty but it was never a roaring success and I seem to remember it was killed off in 1977 by a nuclear strike. I'm sure I heard that at last a good use had been found for nuclear weapons.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

That's the one! Though I don't remember the ICBM strike on Hampstead. Or was it a meltdown at the Frognal Lane nuclear reactor?

Stirring times.

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I am somewhat unaware of the ancient history of this great programme: I am still under 60 and I only started to listen to it in the 21st century. This is my second thread on the subject.

Whither Lillian? Will she and Matt actually buy the run-down old building and convert it into flats? Will all of the other characters survive another year? Is Ambridge Extra really worth listening to?

--------------------

Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

quote:

Whither Lillian? Will she and Matt actually buy the run-down old building and convert it into flats?

There is speculation elsewhere that Paul will turn out to be the builder that gets the job of converting the papermill. As he is being creepily stalkerish in his pursuit of Lilian there are all sorts of possibilities for that little trio
quote:

Is Ambridge Extra really worth listening to?

I've not listened to it myself, but it started off concentrating on the hidden lives of the Yoof of Ambridge, and wasn't much liked amongst regular TA listeners, as there were odd things happening in Ambridge that listeners didn't understand unless they also listened to AE (which we'd been promised wouldn't happen).
Recent episodes have received a warmer welcome, as they followed the adventures of Joe, Jim and the two Berts on their jaunt to Liverpool with Bob Pullen's ashes.
Now that job's done it may go back to following the Yoof.

--------------------

TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Personally I like the badger storyline. This is classic Archers stuff. Thank goodness for Linda Snell.

Also there is clearly something not-quite-right about new guy more-Brian-Aldridge-than-Brian-Aldridge Rob. Perhaps Matt will recognise him from his time in PRISON.

Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think his charm will eventually win over Ruth, despite her hostility to all that he stands for, and it'll be Sam the Cowman all over again.
Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ruth only fell for Sam-the-Cowman because David was dallying with Sophie-from-the-past. I don't see a repeat of that storyline.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

Yes, the badger storyline is more classic Ambridge.

And what is Joe up to?

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
Ruth only fell for Sam-the-Cowman because David was dallying with Sophie-from-the-past. I don't see a repeat of that storyline.

When the women of Ambridge start to fall for slaughterers and pigmen, you'll know they have cracked the country code.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016