homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Christmas is banned because . . .

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Christmas is banned because . . .
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Advent is upon us again and with it comes that hardy perennial, the banned Christmas story , such as this corker from the Daily Heil.

So all you need to do is answer the previous poster's anguished cry of X have banned Christmas because... with your own reason, and then post your own person/august body to have banned it for the next player to answer.

Eg: Jesus has banned Christmas because

and the next player responds

"because Santa's never got him a bike!"

Away you go!

AG

<small>[ 12. February 2013, 05:51: Message buggered about with by: comet ]</small>

[ 13. February 2013, 15:39: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Your starter for ten:

The Daily Wail have banned Christmas because...

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sandemaniac:
Your starter for ten:

All that stuff about love, peace and helping the poor is just a European, lefty plot to help welfare scroungers and refugees living in mansions take more money from hard-working families. As if refugees have anything to do with the nativity story...

And it probably gives you cancer. There was a study once...

The Church of England General Synod have banned Christmas because...

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stejjie:
quote:
Originally posted by Sandemaniac:
Your starter for ten:

All that stuff about love, peace and helping the poor is just a European, lefty plot to help welfare scroungers and refugees living in mansions take more money from hard-working families. As if refugees have anything to do with the nativity story...

And it probably gives you cancer. There was a study once...

The Church of England General Synod have banned Christmas because...

An obscure bunch of neo-Puritans objects to the observance and alternative non-Christmas observing episcopal oversight cannot be adequately arranged to ensure they never have to have contact with a bishop who's ever dressed up as Father Christmas or eaten a plum duff.

The Tory Government has Banned Christmas because

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

- Posted      Profile for Imersge Canfield   Email Imersge Canfield   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Church of England General Synod have banned Christmas because... their committee has nt reported back on the validity & assurance of Christlingles !

The Republicans have banned Christmas because

--------------------
'You must not attribute my yielding, to sinister appetites'
"Preach the gospel and only use jewellry if necessary." (The Midge)

Posts: 419 | From: Sun Ship over Grand Fenwick Duchy | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Tory Government has Banned Christmas because the shepherds and the wise men were clearly an early form of coalition, formed to promote the worship of the baby Jesus, and we all know that this Coalition is mess, preventing us from being as draconian as we would like to be, so let's not remind folk that working together can ever be successful!

Flower arrangers have banned Christmas because:

ETA: Apologies to IC but I don't know the Republicans well enough to make jokes about them, so I went with the Tories.

[ 05. December 2012, 12:06: Message edited by: Robert Armin ]

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Flower arrangers have banned Christmas because they can't see the point(settia).

Jewellers have banned Christmas because...

Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jewellers have banned Christmas because... 5 gold rings is barely enough to sustain a business with.

Lord Leveson has banned Christmas because...

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ceannaideach
Shipmate
# 12007

- Posted      Profile for Ceannaideach   Email Ceannaideach   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lord Leveson has banned Christmas because good news to all men is clearly bad product placement.

Mr Ed (not David) Milliband has banned Christmas because...

--------------------
"I dream of the day when I will learn to stop asking questions for which I will regret learning the answers." - Roy Greenhilt OOTS

Posts: 199 | From: Shakespeare's County | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stejjie:
Jewellers have banned Christmas because... 5 gold rings is barely enough to sustain a business with.

Lord Leveson has banned Christmas because...

He's read the Daily Heil too much and believes it's already banned.

My boss has banned Christmas because...

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ceannaideach
Shipmate
# 12007

- Posted      Profile for Ceannaideach   Email Ceannaideach   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Karl, we need to stop bumping into each other like this! People will start to talk!)

My boss has banned Christmas because having the company open will mean more money in the tills

--------------------
"I dream of the day when I will learn to stop asking questions for which I will regret learning the answers." - Roy Greenhilt OOTS

Posts: 199 | From: Shakespeare's County | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

...with all those Nick Park repeats on the TV someone might realise that actually Gromit is the brains of the operation!

The BBC have banned Christmas because...

AG

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There have been accusations about the shepherds' activities with the sheep.

The three kings have banned Christmas because -

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Because two are allergic to frankincense and myrrh and the other won't let the other two carry gold instead.

Santa has banned Christmas because

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Santa has banned Christmas because...

...he thought it was too religious.

Our vicar has banned Christmas because…

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
womanspeak
Shipmate
# 15394

- Posted      Profile for womanspeak   Email womanspeak   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
THE VICAR HAS BANNED CHRISTMAS BECAUSE

he is just too busy at this time of year and has complained about Christmas time so much in his Advent ramblings in the hope we will all stay away.

MOTHERS HAVE BANNED CHRISTMAS BECAUSE...

--------------------
from the bush

Posts: 62 | From: rural australia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chapelhead:
Our vicar has banned Christmas because…

He's fed up of trying to grab a quick nap between finishing Midnight Mass and getting ready for the 8am service.

Gerry Adams has banned Christmas because...

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cross-post
quote:
Originally posted by womanspeak:
MOTHERS HAVE BANNED CHRISTMAS BECAUSE...

They'd need to remortgage the house to buy everything on their children's Christmas lists.

Gerry Adams has banned Christmas because...

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

- Posted      Profile for Imersge Canfield   Email Imersge Canfield   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gerry Adams has banned Christmas because...he hates the way 'they' bring religion into it !

The Turkey in chief has banned Christmas because...

[ 07. December 2012, 09:25: Message edited by: Imersge Canfield ]

--------------------
'You must not attribute my yielding, to sinister appetites'
"Preach the gospel and only use jewellry if necessary." (The Midge)

Posts: 419 | From: Sun Ship over Grand Fenwick Duchy | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
SyNoddy
Shipmate
# 17009

- Posted      Profile for SyNoddy     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The turkey in chief has banned Christmas because the chestnut stuffing causes an adverse reaction in an unfortunate location

The choir has banned Christmas because...

Posts: 53 | From: Somewhere near the Middle | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The choir has banned Christmas because... they all have throat infections

(actually that's too true to be funny)

The donkey has banned Christmas because...

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The donkey has banned Christmas because...

... well, the clue is in the words.
"Little donkey, little donkey
Had a heavy day
Little donkey carry Mary
Safely on her way."

A heavy day? That Mary is pregnant. That makes her two people. I'm only one donkey. You've heard of the last straw that breaks the donkey's back? Well how many straws do you think a pregnant woman weighs?

The angel from the top of the tree has banned Christmas because...

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The angel from the top of the tree has banned Christmas because... she is fed up with where they stick the Christmas tree. It takes ages to get the pine needles out.

Marks and Spencer have banned Christmas because...

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Marks and Spencer have banned Christmas because...

They just can't get enough fabric for all those pairs of Christmassy apple-catcher knickers!

Lord Lucan has banned Christmas because...

AG

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
it's celebrated in Hull!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016